PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs Centers/Big Guys

E20
01-03-2007, 11:19 PM
It may sound funny, but two 7 footers + Tim. That is more intimidating, also Rasho's defense and offensive spurts alongside Nazr's offensive spurts and rebouding/putbacks are what we basically need and we wouldn't be getting killed on the boards. We have Oberto at 6-9 playing C and we have Bonner to back him up; not rebounding machines I'd say. W

We were 1 win away from the WCF with them. The teams we have to play haven't changed much except for the rise of Utha

I said that in the game blog and I think that's true. Our bigs haven't really been much of an upgrade by this current play.

We're getting out rebounded, out scored, out played in the 4/5 spots. We got Bonner and an injured Elson and Oberto, but 2 out of those 3 are sorta like guards. Sure Bonner can hit the three, but we have Finely, Bowen, Barry, Manu, Horry etc... Oberto hasn't been playing up to par lately and Elson in injured. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Rasho and Nazr, as crazy as it sounds were more intimidating IMO. Three 7-footers would make other guards think twice before driving in the lane. I'm sure that our rebounding and block shot stats are low compared to previous years. Also, it kind of eases the load on Tim. Rasho brought D and Nazr brought those garbage points and putbacks. As far as I see it our frontline has gotten worse. We were supposed to load up to play the West's style of up temp against Dallas and Phoenix, but I don't think the Spurs can beat Dallas with the way their playing.

dimsah
01-03-2007, 11:25 PM
At least we got to use the super saver coupon this year.