PDA

View Full Version : Team France.. dan's kinda protesters

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2004, 01:41 AM
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB4VEEE91E.html

These are the guys Kerry wanted to consult for advice on the world?

Drachen
11-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Have you never really believed in a cause?? This is something that is very important to them, its a tradgedy that one of them died. Also, this should be something that we are thinking about since we have had so many de-railments in SA and they are still A. looking for a place to store the country's nuclear waste, and B. looking for a route to transport it there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2004, 01:58 AM
I have believed in plenty of causes. I also believe doing things like going to hearings will get you a lot farther than chaining yourself to some train tracks when it takes the average train over 2 miles to stop.

Darwin claims another.

Drachen
11-08-2004, 02:12 AM
I have believed in plenty of causes. I also believe doing things like going to hearings will get you a lot farther than chaining yourself to some train tracks when it takes the average train over 2 miles to stop.

Darwin claims another.

I was in germany when all this was starting up (even participated in a Demo) there were plenty of hearings on this and tons of people that expressed views that were contrarian to the govt. Yet the decision was made to let this happen, there are no more hearings, time to protest in a more visible light. I am sad for this person, but who knows perhaps this will cause more people to rally around his cause and it will be a classic case of "the good of the one is forgone for the good of the many."

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2004, 02:16 AM
Well you know what you do when the politicians don't listen? You get out and vote and get some new people in there.

Drachen
11-08-2004, 02:21 AM
Meanwhile (in this particular case) you live everyday in danger of nuclear contamination... Also when the concerns of even a large minority are hushed by the majority voting doesnt work either. It sometimes takes a little civil disobedience.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2004, 02:36 AM
I don't mind a little civil disobedience if they've got a valid point to make, but again...

Chaining yourself to a train track when it takes said train 2 miles to stop is pretty damn stupid.

Sorry.

Drachen
11-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Well I dont believe in this particular cause enough to put my life on the line (possibly because it doesnt hit as close to home...yet), but history is full of people who risked their lives for ideas and beliefs.