PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree Anderson Silva could beat Chuck Liddell?

dallaskd
01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Liddell keeps his hands low. I think Silva has fast enough hands he could catch Chuck a could times and rock him enough he could knock him by knee strikes or a punch KO.

LEONARD
01-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Anything could happen in that fight, but I think Chuck is just too big for him...

I'd love to see it though... :fro

Oddly, we might see Pride's 205 lbs champ and 185 lbs champ go at it in Vegas in Feb...I'd rather not see it, but if it happens I'll definitely be watching. Wand vs Dan Henderson is the rumor'd matchup right now...

dallaskd
01-04-2007, 05:57 PM
I dont know of henderson but ill probably go with him, i still have flashbacks of wandy vs belfort.

LEONARD
01-04-2007, 06:07 PM
I dont know of henderson but ill probably go with him, i still have flashbacks of wandy vs belfort.

Uhhhhhhhhh...alright dude... :lol

Based on that, I'll be discounting anything you say about Pride and most of what you say about the UFC...

and yeah UFC is better than Pride.

Sounds to me like you really don't know ANYTHING about Pride if you're judging Wand on his fight with Vitor and you don't know Henderson, the MW champ!!

and Henderson fought at UFC 17 (winning 2 fights) too...

Mr Dio
01-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh...alright dude... :lol

Based on that, I'll be discounting anything you say about Pride and most of what you say about the UFC...

Sounds to me like you really don't know ANYTHING about Pride if you're judging Wand on his fight with Vitor and you don't know Henderson, the MW champ!!

and Henderson fought at UFC 17 (winning 2 fights) too...

C'mon Leonard, show a little class man.
Besides, before pride 32 how many yrs had it been since Dan H had fought in a big event here in the USA?

Mr Dio
01-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Liddell keeps his hands low. I think Silva has fast enough hands he could catch Chuck a could times and rock him enough he could knock him by knee strikes or a punch KO.

To answer your question DKD, I think ASilva has shown him & his camp can pick holes in a top fighters game but the strength & power of Chuck might be too much. Much more than likely the odds would favor Chuck & I'd have to see what the bookies offered in the way of Silva winning. If Silva was a +200 or more I think I'd take Silva.

spurs=bling
01-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Do you agree Anderson Silva could beat Chuck Liddell?
Chuck Liddell leaves himself open sometimes, and Anderson Silva can take advantage and use his knees like he did with Rich Franklin.

IX_Equilibrium
01-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Anything could happen in that fight, but I think Chuck is just too big for him...

I'd love to see it though... :fro

Oddly, we might see Pride's 205 lbs champ and 185 lbs champ go at it in Vegas in Feb...I'd rather not see it, but if it happens I'll definitely be watching. Wand vs Dan Henderson is the rumor'd matchup right now...

I was for Henderson when Wand won a decision against him in 2000, and I'd definatley be rooting for Hendo again on this one should it happen.

As for the original thread question, I would definately put my money on Chuck beating Anderson.

LEONARD
01-05-2007, 09:41 AM
C'mon Leonard, show a little class man.
Besides, before pride 32 how many yrs had it been since Dan H had fought in a big event here in the USA?

If you're going to come on here saying "UFC is better than Pride" and then follow that up with statements that show that you don't even know who Dan Henderson is or what Wand Silva has done since 1998, then I'm sorry...you will take some $hit from me.

Say something like "I prefer the UFC but I don't know much about Pride" instead...

I just don't understand how you can claim to be a fan of the sport without knowing something about Pride... :dizzy

Mr Dio
01-05-2007, 11:26 AM
If you're going to come on here saying "UFC is better than Pride" and then follow that up with statements that show that you don't even know who Dan Henderson is or what Wand Silva has done since 1998, then I'm sorry...you will take some $hit from me.

Say something like "I prefer the UFC but I don't know much about Pride" instead...

I just don't understand how you can claim to be a fan of the sport without knowing something about Pride... :dizzy

Valid points Leonard BUT, wouldn't it show that one is on the higher road if one chooses to embrace & educate fellow ST members vs, well vs the alternatives?

I by the way am NOT claiming to be a higher road type of guy myself. :lol

LEONARD
01-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Valid points Leonard BUT, wouldn't it show that one is on the higher road if one chooses to embrace & educate fellow ST members vs, well vs the alternatives?

I by the way am NOT claiming to be a higher road type of guy myself. :lol

Hmm...no, don't think so... :lol

He knows enough now to at least google "Pride FC" or "Dan Henderson" and educate himself... :dizzy