PDA

View Full Version : james white, is he gona be invited....

manu
01-04-2007, 08:36 PM
.....to the slam dunk contest, is he eligible to participate even if never plays?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-04-2007, 08:37 PM
No

Sam
01-04-2007, 08:39 PM
No and who gives a shit if he can't play then he shouldn't be allowed to dunk. The dunk contest would become an even bigger joke. I hope Howard enters and really does something extraordinary.

bdictjames
01-05-2007, 03:08 AM
No

AFBlue
01-05-2007, 08:40 AM
yeah....to the D-League Dunk Contest

jbspurs
01-05-2007, 04:15 PM
No and who gives a shit if he can't play then he shouldn't be allowed to dunk. The dunk contest would become an even bigger joke. I hope Howard enters and really does something extraordinary.

How do you know that he can't play? He's just not getting the right opportunity to play and showcase what he got....

objective
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Nate Robinson got in last year without having dunked in a regular season game, iirc

ChumpDumper
01-05-2007, 04:29 PM
He should probably make some fantastic dunks in the D-League first.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-05-2007, 05:35 PM
One day he will blow Chump Dumper away with a haymaking dunk of pure power.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
He's had some ok ones so far, but he gets fouled in transition alot.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Is he so physically weak that he gets the ball taken from him like Kevin Durant, and pushed around by 6 foot 3 guards?

ChumpDumper
01-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Not that weak, but it does probably keep him from getting more rebounds. No one has really tried to post him up, so I can't say much about the pushing around. I would like to see him guard multiple perimeter threats during the course of a game, but coach Johnson doesn't listen to me.

dallaskd
01-05-2007, 05:57 PM
i dont get why they have never considered J-HO for the conest.

manu
01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
hes back with the spurs now, so will he go anyways?

ChumpDumper
01-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I hope not.

confined
01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
i dont get why they have never considered J-HO for the conest.
j-ho is more power than style....i dont think he'd be that great in a dunk comp.

SsKSpurs21
01-31-2007, 06:04 AM
j-ho is more power than style....i dont think he'd be that great in a dunk comp.

yup, youd have a better shot sending jerry stackhouse.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-31-2007, 06:17 AM
if he's still with the spurs he can try next year.

Sam
01-31-2007, 06:35 AM
He'll get more opportunities in D-League. He's going back after the road trip.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-31-2007, 06:57 AM
He'll get more opportunities in D-League. He's going back after the road trip.
So is he just a raw talent or does he just "still" suck?

He's 22, 24 right?

Sam
01-31-2007, 07:27 AM
So is he just a raw talent or does he just "still" suck?

He's 22, 24 right?
They only brought him up because of the last two days they had off and then this weekend and all star break for practice. They wanted to re-evaluate where he's at and what he needs to work on. He wasn't called up for stellar play and the Spurs can't live without him. I don't know that they will even keep him after this season depending on trades and the draft. James is 24 years old.

Taco
01-31-2007, 08:47 AM
No

CaptainLate
01-31-2007, 03:24 PM
How do you know that he can't play? He's just not getting the right opportunity to play and showcase what he got....

[White returns to big league: Rookie guard James White spent Sunday's game on the inactive list one day after the Spurs recalled him from the Developmental League.

This was the second time the Spurs have recalled White, who can be sent to Austin only once more this season. Barring injuries to other players, Popovich doesn't expect to play White anytime soon.

"I haven't even been able to get Eric Williams on the court, so James isn't going to go out there," Popovich said. "He's just here because we've got the five days off (Friday-Feb. 6) and we've some practice time, so it's a good opportunity for him to get into the system and see what we're doing, and we can get a closer look at him.

"Maybe toward the end of the year, if there are opportunities, we'll throw him out there and see what we have." ]

Pop's making another mistake. Williams is not young. Pop should be grooming White (Bonner was till he's hurt) to give the Spurs athleticism in the playoffs. Take this to the bank: if the Spurs stay with this aged roster and rotation this year, the Mavs and/or Suns will exploit it in the playoffs.

sprrs
01-31-2007, 03:49 PM
[White returns to big league: Rookie guard James White spent Sunday's game on the inactive list one day after the Spurs recalled him from the Developmental League.

This was the second time the Spurs have recalled White, who can be sent to Austin only once more this season. Barring injuries to other players, Popovich doesn't expect to play White anytime soon.

"I haven't even been able to get Eric Williams on the court, so James isn't going to go out there," Popovich said. "He's just here because we've got the five days off (Friday-Feb. 6) and we've some practice time, so it's a good opportunity for him to get into the system and see what we're doing, and we can get a closer look at him.

"Maybe toward the end of the year, if there are opportunities, we'll throw him out there and see what we have." ]

Pop's making another mistake. Williams is not young. Pop should be grooming White (Bonner was till he's hurt) to give the Spurs athleticism in the playoffs. Take this to the bank: if the Spurs stay with this aged roster and rotation this year, the Mavs and/or Suns will exploit it in the playoffs.

I can pretty much tell you right now White will see next to no time in the playoffs.

cheguevara
01-31-2007, 04:33 PM

so you're saying White would be the reason we beat the Mavs/Suns this year?? :oink

ChumpDumper
01-31-2007, 06:29 PM
How do you know that he can't play? He's just not getting the right opportunity to play and showcase what he got....He's getting plenty of PT. I'll agree that he's possibly not being used optimally in the offensive sets in Austin, but he's definitely not the uber-agressive prolific scorer some seem to be playing him up to be just because they saw some dunks of his on YouTube.

phxspurfan
01-31-2007, 11:23 PM
no one wants to see him yet. tell him to bulk up some and then come with the game.

SequSpur
01-31-2007, 11:35 PM
who in the f is James White?

ChumpDumper
02-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Well, the Toros got their biggest win of the season on the road without White.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20070131/AUSIDA/boxscore.html

Make of it what you will.