PDA

View Full Version : Geez, W's even Pissing Off True Conservatives in England

Nbadan
11-08-2004, 02:25 AM
Michael Howard deepened his feud with the White House yesterday when he pointedly refused to offer the traditional post-election congratulations to George Bush.

Angered by a White House edict banning him from meeting the president - as punishment for criticising Tony Blair over Iraq - Mr Howard said it would be wrong for him to express any view on the poll.

In an interview with the Sunday Telegraph the arch-Atlanticist was asked whether he was pleased that a fellow rightwinger had beaten a liberal. He said: "I made it clear that I could work perfectly well with both President Bush and President Kerry ... I don't think it's appropriate to express a view on those elections."

(snip)

Mr Howard's remarks may appear bland. But in the language of diplomacy they amount to a rebuke to Mr Bush - and in particular to his polling guru, Karl Rove, who told him he would not be welcome at the White House after he criticised Mr Blair's use of intelligence before the Iraq war.

Mr Rove was reported by the Sun as telling Howard aides: "You can forget about him meeting the president. Don't bother coming."

more…

Guardian (http://politics.guardian.co.uk/conservatives/story/0,9061,1345806,00.html)

Michael Howard is the leader of the Blair-opposition British Conservative Party.

It was reported that W also refused to take a congratulatory call from the Prime Minister of Spain. It's like having a teenager as your President.

:lol

whottt
11-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Why would we be trying to help the guy that is going to run against Blair moron?

Besides if you think American Conservative are assholes you should see the European ones.

Oh and fuck Spain, they have become more anti-American than France. They snubbed our troops at their military parade. Fuck those guys...and fuck the coach of their national team as well.

I have soft spot in my heart for Spain...but they've been assholes lately.

And just for future reference, so you won't make yourself look stupid in a bad propaganda attempt...The Bush Admin is not on good terms with the conservatives in France either...ChiraQ's a religious(more or less) republican.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Why would we help Blair's opposition? That'd be like Blair campaigning for Kerry.

As for Spain, that's bullshit. CNN ran a story on the day after the election detailing a phone conversation between Bush and Spain's leadership.

whottt
11-08-2004, 02:38 AM
AHF...You should be sweating the fact that we might have upset a staunch and brave ally like Spain.

Lot's of Europeans are going to have Spain to thank for extracurricular bomb er activities that go on in their countries at election time...from this day forward.

whottt
11-08-2004, 02:40 AM
Interesting to note that Dan seems to like conservatives as long as they aren't American.

Why do I get the feeling that Dan's biggest fantasy is to get gang raped in an EU or Mideast mensroom?

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2004, 02:44 AM
BTW, don't forget Whott that there was news this past week (I posted it here) that AQ was planning more mischief in Spain.

Go figure.