PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, I feel dirty

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 12:24 AM
We had clients in town and my boss had something come up, so I got the 'honors' of taking said clients to the Mavs game vs. Indy tonight :vomit:

I already burned my clothes I wore at the game, fixing to go shower in bleach but I thought I'd share some thoughts from the game:

1. Their arena announcer sucks. People should never bitch about Stan Kelly. Seriously, I think Plano East has a better announcer than the tool trying to pump up the crowd in Dallas.

2. It doesn't matter what game he is calling, Jack Nies sucks.

3. How the hell does Erick Dampier look decent against us? The guy blows.

4. I've never seen a more arrogant white boy than Jeff Foster. Which is funny, because he isn't that good.

5. I thought Tim Duncan whined a lot, then I saw Devin George and Dirk Nowitzki go menstrual, and realized Duncan's not THAT bad.

6. I don't know who the pasty white ref was, but he called one foul on Dallas all night long and followed that up by calling a horrible call on Indy at the other end to make up for it :lol

7. Danny Granger did a good job defending Dirk and pushing him out of his comfort zone. Where's a six foot nine SF when you need one?

8. Al Harrington is a beast. If Indy would have gone to him more in the fourth instead of trying to iso Tinsley, they probably would have won.

9. The offense should be run through whoever is being checked by Devin George. The guy sucks. And he's a whiner.

10. Jack Nies sucks.

11. The chick with the Salma-esque rack in row G who kept turning around and jumping up and down to get the crowd in it during the fourth made me forget all about Jack Nies sucking so bad as a ref.

12. Devin Harris flops more than a politician. Seriously, if Tinsley even took a dribble towards him he was stumbling backwards 20 feet and falling over the first row of fans. If this were a soccer game, dude would have been red carded in the first. The sad thing is the refs bought it three times.

I never want to hear a Mavs fan cry about Manu again. Manu could flop on every possession for the rest of his NBA career and he wouldn't catch up to Harris.

13. I'm glad the company picked up the tab for those $8 beers, four rounds worth.

14. Stephen Jackson is wasting away in Indy. Damn you, Dan Fegan :pctoss

15. Jermaine O'Neal is a skinny fucker. Drink some milk.

16. They have a defense graphic on the scoreboard that consists of a bobble headed version of Dirk and Terry punching the word defense. :lmao Richard Simmons would be proud.

17. Lots of Mavs fans get pissed when they see a guy sporting a Spurs 2005 NBA World Championship t-shirt at the game. There must have been five or six pathetic fans who spent more time trying to say something clever to me than watching the game. Dumbasses :lol

18. Now I know why Dallas gets a lot of calls - AJ spent more time grabbing ass than a couple of frat daddies in a bar.

19. We better beat those fuckers tomorrow.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-05-2007, 12:28 AM
20.Thanks for the Selma Hyak gif.

dg7md
01-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Watched the game, I was rooting for Indiana pretty hard. Seeing O'Neal makes me wish we had him, we have NO inside presence like that and it makes me quite jealous.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-05-2007, 12:29 AM
21.We should get mouse to put go on one tit, and spurs on the other.

G-Nob
01-05-2007, 12:32 AM
First off, I love Selma.
Secondly, #'s 1, 2, 10, & 12 are genius.
Yes, their announcer is humble billy hays and he sucks so hard. He screams is ass off the whole game and it gives you a frigging headache and the f'er talks when the other team has the ball (which I think, is against nba rules). He also screams, "and the mavs take the lead" every time it happens which could be quite a bit during the course of a game. That whole franchise is a beating.

E20
01-05-2007, 12:32 AM
How's the arena in overall quality compared to AT&T? I've been to Oracle in Oakland and it's not the best. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 12:36 AM
AAC is definitely larger (think it seats 3-4K more), but it's way more spread out. SBC is more intimate, and much more louder.

The club level bar is fantastic though, mainly due to the eye candy :eyebrows

My favorite comment from the announcer was "if you stand up and make some noise, the Mavs play defense harder. Stand up and make some noise, Mavs fans."

Damn, that was pathetic (and then only about half the crowd stood up :lol).

dirk4mvp
01-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Meh, I'm sure it's better than some of the Grizzly games I've been to this year.

Shank
01-05-2007, 12:40 AM
The PA could be silent and they still would have won. Stop your bitching.

angryllama
01-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Devin Harris may embellish taking charges like any other good defender in the league, but he's become one heck of a perimeter defender. He's one of the better guard defenders in the NBA. You got to see him in a virtual replay of his series against the Spurs, where he absolutely killed them in the lane. The Devin Harris you will see in this years playoffs can keep his man in front of him around screens, in the post, and at any place on the floor. He also comes up with excellent blocks and steals. Devin has become a force.

You guys are going to absolutely loathe Devean George this season. I cant wait. He's a rugged, tough defender and a clutch big-shot maker. You'll hate him.

Damp had a bad statistical night for Dallas, but he came up with some huge defensive plays down the stretch in the fourth like he has done all season.

Howard has become an all-star.

You guys may win tomorrow night but Dallas is very, very good.

Kori Ellis
01-05-2007, 12:41 AM
AAC is definitely larger (think it seats 3-4K more), but it's way more spread out.

I don't think it's that much larger. Spurs capacity at AT&T is 18,797. I think Mavs is barely over 20K.

G-Nob
01-05-2007, 12:44 AM
I think it only looks bigger. I will admit there are more bells and whistles at the aac. And they play better in-game music. If only we can get rid of "Day-O"

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 12:46 AM
The Devin Harris you will see in this years playoffs can keep his man in front of him around screens, in the post, and at any place on the floor. He also comes up with excellent blocks and steals. Devin has become a force.

He can't keep his man in front of him on screens unless it's a piss poor screen or the Dallas big man holds on the screen. And he flops like a little bitch.

You guys are going to absolutely loathe Devean George this season. I cant wait.

One of our clients is a huge Mavs fan, and even he admitted what a whiny, talentless hack Devin is.

The only thing I'm going to loathe is not being on the first row at the game where I can talk shit about how much he sucks to him.

Spurs capacity at AT&T is 18,797. I think Mavs is barely over 20K.

I was thinking 18K for SBC, and was guessing about 21K for the AAC. Still, it's much more spread out, and the club level is much more spread out, at the AAC than SBC. I think the top seats at the SBC would be about mid-upper deck at the AAC.

Outside of all the plastic surgery in the house tonight, I think the SBC Center is a much better place to watch a game than the AA Arena.

leemajors
01-05-2007, 12:48 AM
legroom at the SBC sucks for ppl over 6 feet tall on the balcony, but the view is great!

THE SIXTH MAN
01-05-2007, 12:50 AM
THE SIXTH MAN
18,797 Strong
<

Kori Ellis
legroom at the SBC sucks for ppl over 6 feet tall on the balcony, but the view is great!

Leg room sucks in the upperdeck in all the newer arenas. I guess it's just the sacrifice for good sight lines.

angryllama
]He can't keep his man in front of him on screens unless it's a piss poor screen or the Dallas big man holds on the screen. And he flops like a little bitch.

Aww, is someone a wittwe bit mad? Or maybe drunk and mad? Aww, poow wittwe baby. Devin Harris will slaughter your team again this season. Get used to it.

One of our clients is a huge Mavs fan, and even he admitted what a whiny, talentless hack Devin is.
The only thing I'm going to loathe is not being on the first row at the game where I can talk shit about how much he sucks to him.

You hang on to Matt Bonner, Eric Williams, Mike Finley, Robert Horry, and Oberto. None of whom I would want coming near the minutes that George occupies. Your client was puffing you up. George is a player.

G-Nob
01-05-2007, 12:52 AM

To squeeze as many seats into a confined area at one time. Not good when americans are fatter now than ever. Throw alcohol into the mix and it makes that little space even worse.

Kori Ellis
01-05-2007, 12:53 AM
You hang on to Matt Bonner, Eric Williams, Mike Finley, Robert Horry, and Oberto. None of whom I would want coming near the minutes that George occupies. Your client was puffing you up. George is a player.

What's good about George this year? (I am asking seriously, not talking smack.) Most Mavs fans I know are always bitching about him being slow and not being able to hit a shot. Has he been improving lately?

Spurologist
01-05-2007, 12:53 AM

Selma Hayek indeed. DAMN.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Does any one know of anybody that has fallen over in the upper deck?

G-Nob
01-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Devin Harris is developing a bad reputation with the refs. I saw a couple of those go the other way tonight. Come playoff time, those flops won't work.

leemajors
01-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Leg room sucks in the upperdeck in all the newer arenas. I guess it's just the sacrifice for good sight lines.

it was slightly better at the toyota center when i went, but still not great - i don't have the best knees but it's bearable. G-nob, leg room has a lot more to do with femur length than how far over your belt you hang.

G-Nob
01-05-2007, 12:56 AM
What's good about George this year? (I am asking seriously, not talking smack.) Most Mavs fans I know are always bitching about him being slow and not being able to hit a shot. Has he been improving lately?

Even Laker fans say George is a tool. His numbers weren't great and his defense is marginal at best. The dallas tv announcers overrate him dramatically.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-05-2007, 12:57 AM
it was slightly better at the toyota center when i went, but still not great - i don't have the best knees but it's bearable. G-nob, leg room has a lot more to do with femur length than how far over your belt you hang.
I wear a size 13, and walking through the upper deck isn't easy.

leemajors
Does any one know of anybody that has fallen over in the upper deck?

my fiancee was terrified to leave her seat when she was pregnant - top heavy with those steep steps. only story i can remember of someone falling off an upper deck was in yankee stadium.

leemajors

me too.

G-Nob
01-05-2007, 12:59 AM

I know but the narrowing of the seats themselves is very uncomfortable. I've also seen some levels have wider seats than others in nba arenas.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-05-2007, 01:00 AM
only story i can remember of someone falling off an upper deck was in yankee stadium.
:lol I remember that, if memory serves he was trying to impress some one that night. What I meant was if anyone fell on top of some one due to the fact that there is nothing there to keep you from falling.

angryllama

He's been hitting clutch shots, defending 3's and 4's very well, rebounding well, and has been absolute gold when it comes to getting steals and making anticipation defensive plays.

I didnt expect much from him when we acquired him because he came from a different system, but he knows his role on the team and performs it very efficiently and successfully. He's made a place for himself on the team within Avery's system and it didnt take him very long at all. He's got a high bball IQ, especially on defense.

If you are expecting 20 and 10 from him, you are expecting too much. What he'll give you is more like 10 and 4 with a couple of steals and a block. He's perfect in Avery's system.

As a matter of fact, I was mentioning this to someone the other night...I find it hard to believe that the Spurs didnt go after him. He reminds me alot of a mixture of Horry and Bowen. He is a perfect rotation player to spread the floor to the wing for Duncan in the post, and then to play rigid D on the other end.

mFFL03
so our city has no real b-ball heart and our announcer sucks the big one.

but then, in the midst of it all....in the 2nd and upper levels and spread around numerous bars...you will find us...the real fans. the ones who could probably coach the team just as good as avery. we know who should have the ball and who shouldnt be coming off the bench.

we know when our spares are scorching you and when its time to give our stars a breather.

And for the record NO ONE...and I mean NO ONE...flops more than MANU. Come on, the guy is latin...he has soccer roots...so he has "cheater" in his DNA already.

Trade talk of Duncan? Fans upset at Pops? Small-ball? Spares? All is not well in land of the Dirty River and you know it...

Game on bitches....Game on....I want to make you babies cry even harder.

u2sarajevo
01-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Hey..... George has been playing better lately. He played very good tonight, IMO.

The announcer at AAC, Humble Billy Hayes (I think) is the most annoying thing about going to a game. Not real sure which I would rather shoot first, Rowdy or Humble Billy.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Your client was puffing you up.

I did the install for the client out at their office (I work for a software company). My client was actually the one who started the Devin George bashing session with a comment about how he thought the guy whined more as a Mav than he did when he played for the Lakers. We talk hoops every week. He just thinks Devin sucks. Sorry to crack on your favorite scrub.

u2sarajevo
oh.... and also... the lower level up to the platinum level contains what we call the "cocaine and boob job" crowd. They didn't show up in the 90's (well they did for half of one of Kids seasons but I'm not counting that), but started coming back to games shortly after Dirk arrived.

THE SIXTH MAN
All is not well in land of the Dirty River and you know it...
Since when has river water ever been clean?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:10 AM
He's been hitting clutch shots, defending 3's and 4's very well, rebounding well, and has been absolute gold when it comes to getting steals and making anticipation defensive plays.

Hey..... George has been playing better lately. He played very good tonight, IMO.

Y'all are homers :lol

George was getting lit up by Harrington all night long. It got so bad that Avery moved Josh Howard over onto Al and stuck George on the other side of the court in the corner with Jackson.

Try again.

Oh, one other funny thing. They were begging people to vote for Dirk, making a point that he was trailing Duncan after the third round of voting. They said there was still time to 'catch up.'

The jealousy towards TD was evident in the announcement. Still a bunch of wannabes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:11 AM
oh.... and also... the lower level up to the platinum level contains what we call the "cocaine and boob job" crowd. They didn't show up in the 90's (well they did for half of one of Kids seasons but I'm not counting that), but started coming back to games shortly after Dirk arrived.

I was in row 10. I didn't see anyone doing lines, and frankly if you have a problem with the 'boob job' crowd I think you need to move to San Francisco. That was one of the highlights of the night :hungry:

angryllama
01-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Y'all are homers
George was getting lit up by Harrington all night long. It got so bad that Avery moved Josh Howard over onto Al and stuck George on the other side of the court in the corner with Jackson.
Try again.
Oh, one other funny thing. They were begging people to vote for Dirk, making a point that he was trailing Duncan after the third round of voting. They said there was still time to 'catch up.'
The jealousy towards TD was evident in the announcement. Still a bunch of wannabes.

Someone's bitter. Get used to losing. Guys like you arent very good at it, which is astounding given your propensity to lose at whatever you do. No wonder you're so frustrated.

u2sarajevo
01-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Harrington was on fire tonight. I can't believe they didn't utilize him more in the 4th. But George's main role is to come in when Dirk gets sitting time. Since Van Horn played that role the last 2 seasons it's not a stretch to say that we upgraded there.

And on the All Star voting.... is that uncommon for a home arena announcer to ask the fans of their team to vote for the players representing their team? I'm only asking because I have only been to one other arena (Houston) and that was a playoff game so All Star voting wasn't an equation. TD's in second so he's the closest target to jump for a starting spot. I don't think that's abnormal. Maybe I'm wrong.

u2sarajevo
01-05-2007, 01:18 AM
I was in row 10. I didn't see anyone doing lines, and frankly if you have a problem with the 'boob job' crowd I think you need to move to San Francisco. That was one of the highlights of the night :hungry:I don't have a problem with it. I'm married though so that sort of thing doesn't interest me much.... not when I'm at a Mav game anyway.

And I'd say it's a good thing you didn't see anyone doing lines, as I'm sure if they did it out in the open they'd be arrested.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:21 AM
Someone's bitter. Get used to losing. Guys like you arent very good at it, which is astounding given your propensity to lose at whatever you do. No wonder you're so frustrated.

Dude, I don't know if you just suck bad at smack talk or don't know jack about basketball. Which is it?

Al Harrington scored about ten straight in the third on George whenever he got the ball. The last time he took George into the lane and pump faked and got the foul call.

He made both FTs, and that was the end of the 3rd quarter. When they came back out in the fourth, Howard was on Al and George didn't guard him the rest of the night.

What the fuck do I have to be frustrated about, other than trying to have a conversation about basketball with your dumb ass?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Harrington was on fire tonight. I can't believe they didn't utilize him more in the 4th.

Yeah, Carlisle is just clueless. No one could check Harrington, and then he just goes away from the guy to run pick and roll with Tinsley and O'Neal. Weak.

Cry Havoc
01-05-2007, 01:23 AM

Says the guy who has three fewer titles to his team's name.

Good try though. I'm sure all those years in the 90s gave you a lot of time to think of a bash for Spurs fans when your team finally crawled out of the cellar and started contending.

angryllama
01-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Harrington was on fire tonight. I can't believe they didn't utilize him more in the 4th. But George's main role is to come in when Dirk gets sitting time. Since Van Horn played that role the last 2 seasons it's not a stretch to say that we upgraded there.

George had 4 steals tonight to go with 4 boards, and shot 5-7 with 2-4 from three.

The Mavs dont play man defense where they mark one guy with another for the length of the game. That's not Avery's system. Harrington had a good game with 24 and 11, but he made most of his shots from the outside.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-05-2007, 01:31 AM

I saw that and I couldn't read the post Damn. :clap

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:35 AM
George had 4 steals tonight to go with 4 boards, and shot 5-7 with 2-4 from three.

To be fair, one of his steals was Tinsley dribbling a ball off his own foot 40 feet from the rim and the other was a pass that was deflected by Devin Harris that got picked up by Devin. His on the ball D was pathetic, and Harrington was doing the majority of his damage from 15 feet in.

angryllama
01-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Dude, I don't know if you just suck bad at smack talk or don't know jack about basketball. Which is it?
Al Harrington scored about ten straight in the third on George whenever he got the ball. The last time he took George into the lane and pump faked and got the foul call.
He made both FTs, and that was the end of the 3rd quarter. When they came back out in the fourth, Howard was on Al and George didn't guard him the rest of the night.
What the fuck do I have to be frustrated about, other than trying to have a conversation about basketball with your dumb ass?

So, the Pacers second banana has a decent third quarter (wow, 9 whole points?), part of the time while George is in the game, and all of the sudden George is terrible? George had 7 in the quarter, including a 3-pointer with 12 seconds left that concluded the scoring in the quarter. That must make Harrington an absolutely terrible, horrible player, right? I mean, come on...Harrington only had 2 more points than George.

angryllama
01-05-2007, 01:37 AM
To be fair, one of his steals was Tinsley dribbling a ball off his own foot 40 feet from the rim and the other was a pass that was deflected by Devin Harris that got picked up by Devin. His on the ball D was pathetic, and Harrington was doing the majority of his damage from 15 feet in.

Either you werent at the game, or you were so sloshed that you couldnt read the numbers on the backs of the jerseys.

dg7md
01-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Such hostility around these parts.

ShoogarBear
01-05-2007, 01:50 AM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o70/EClayton08/salmah.gif
I'm sorry, AHF, did you say something?

Solid D
01-05-2007, 02:02 AM
:rollin

Awesome report AHF. That's truly some of your best work!

joeyjfive
01-05-2007, 02:50 AM
that gif is great

ponky
01-05-2007, 03:21 AM
you forgot no. 20

No. 20 Mavs won.

George Gervin's Afro
01-05-2007, 10:06 AM
We had clients in town and my boss had something come up, so I got the 'honors' of taking said clients to the Mavs game vs. Indy tonight :vomit:

I already burned my clothes I wore at the game, fixing to go shower in bleach but I thought I'd share some thoughts from the game:

1. Their arena announcer sucks. People should never bitch about Stan Kelly. Seriously, I think Plano East has a better announcer than the tool trying to pump up the crowd in Dallas.

4. I've never seen a more arrogant white boy than Jeff Foster. Which is funny, because he isn't that good.

5. I thought Tim Duncan whined a lot, then I saw Devin George and Dirk Nowitzki go menstrual, and realized Duncan's not THAT bad.

6. I don't know who the pasty white ref was, but he called one foul on Dallas all night long and followed that up by calling a horrible call on Indy at the other end to make up for it :lol

7. Danny Granger did a good job defending Dirk and pushing him out of his comfort zone. Where's a six foot nine SF when you need one?

8. Al Harrington is a beast. If Indy would have gone to him more in the fourth instead of trying to iso Tinsley, they probably would have won.

9. The offense should be run through whoever is being checked by Devin George. The guy sucks. And he's a whiner.

10. Jack Nies sucks.

11. The chick with the Salma-esque rack in row G who kept turning around and jumping up and down to get the crowd in it during the fourth made me forget all about Jack Nies sucking so bad as a ref.

12. Devin Harris flops more than a politician. Seriously, if Tinsley even took a dribble towards him he was stumbling backwards 20 feet and falling over the first row of fans. If this were a soccer game, dude would have been red carded in the first. The sad thing is the refs bought it three times.

I never want to hear a Mavs fan cry about Manu again. Manu could flop on every possession for the rest of his NBA career and he wouldn't catch up to Harris.

13. I'm glad the company picked up the tab for those $8 beers, four rounds worth.

16. They have a defense graphic on the scoreboard that consists of a bobble headed version of Dirk and Terry punching the word defense. :lmao Richard Simmons would be proud.

17. Lots of Mavs fans get pissed when they see a guy sporting a Spurs 2005 NBA World Championship t-shirt at the game. There must have been five or six pathetic fans who spent more time trying to say something clever to me than watching the game. Dumbasses :lol

18. Now I know why Dallas gets a lot of calls - AJ spent more time grabbing ass than a couple of frat daddies in a bar.

Did you have those bacterial wipes on hand? I will pray for you..

LEONARD
01-05-2007, 10:16 AM

1. Everybody in Dallas makes fun of Humble Billy...he sucks and is annoying, just like EVERY NBA arena announcer.

3. Dampier has had a pretty damn good season all things considered. Last night was one of the worst games he's played.

9. Hmmm...I've been pleased with George...and AJ has been singing his defensive praises for a while now...

12. Right... :lol

19. Not gonna happen...

LEONARD
01-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Not real sure which I would rather shoot first, Rowdy or Humble Billy.

Rowdy without question...he IS the curse on the Cowboys since he came onboard in '96...

Celtic Pride
01-05-2007, 10:37 AM
What I want to know is why did the Mavs spot the entire NBA 4 games and are now 3 games up on the Spurs? Looks to me like the Stern Fix was in at the Finals.

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 10:41 AM
:lol Nice analysis, AHF. I agree, Devin Harris is the biggest flopper this side of the West. Also, it's funny you find JO skinny. I haven't seen any Pacers games this season, but I also thought he was a little chubby...

shelshor
01-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I was particularly annoyed by the PA announcer's continual blather during the visiting team's free throw attempts
The really weird thing about Mavs games is that it's the only sports venue I've ever attended where you can sit there and have a conversation in normal tones and be understood. All the noise seems to be generated by the PA system, not all those loyal Mavs fans :monkey

boutons_
01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
JO is fat.
His shoulders and upper arms are sacks of amorphous, jiggling fat, like Malik's.

mabber
01-05-2007, 12:00 PM

George has been playing great lately and has been the Mav's best defender. He's really been the only addition for the Mavs that has done really well. He was sick early in season and had a slow start but he's been playing well the last month. He played really well last night...I don't know what game the guy that originated this post was watching.

Dirk41MVP
01-05-2007, 12:11 PM
you forgot to say that will all those "biased flaws", we still own your asses, muaha ha ha ha.

oh and dude above me, devin harris is our best defender hands down!!

mabber
01-05-2007, 12:16 PM

10. Jack Nies sucks.

1. Yep, Humble Billy Hayes is an absolute beating! I go to every game and pray for the day they replace him.

2. Nies does kinda suck as a ref.

3. That was, by far, the worst game of the season for Damp. He's been far better this season than in any other season with the Mavs.

4. I don't see how you're arrogant when you get racked in the balls like he did last night :lol

5. Dirk has always been a whiner on par with Duncan.

6. Didn't notice who that guy was calling fouls on. I just know there were a lot of fouls called on both sides as it was a very physical game.

7. Actually, Foster did a better job on Dirk than Granger did the few times he was on him. Dirk was sick as a dog last night an opting to pass before shooting most of the time anyway so it was not a good night to judge that by.

8. I agree, Harrington has got game.

9. George is one of their best defenders and had a great defensive game last night so not really sure what game you were watching :lol He had 4 steals and several stops. He whined big time after that play where he knocked the ball off a Pacer's knee and they called it out on him. I saw it on replay when I got home from the game and it was an obvious mistake by the refs (they were out of position so no big deal).

10. ditto

11. Didn't see her, but was sitting in front of two extremely hot chicks in my section.

12. Harris definitely has some flop in him.

13. I had to pay for my beers :depressed

14. Stephen Jackson is a spare!

15. J. O'Neal might be skinny but he's got the total game.

16. Scoreboard graphics at Mav games are extremely gay!

17. There weren't any Spur's fans in the area I was sitting.

18. Not really sure what you're talking about.

19. Good luck with all that.

20. Selma rocks!!! Thanks for that.

mabber
01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
you forgot to say that will all those "biased flaws", we still own your asses, muaha ha ha ha.

oh and dude above me, devin harris is our best defender hands down!!

Yeah you're right, but George has been really good.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-05-2007, 01:17 PM

I'd love to see Granger as a Spur. I don't think the Pacers would ever part with him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Either you werent at the game, or you were so sloshed that you couldnt read the numbers on the backs of the jerseys.

And you've spent so much time with your inflatable Dirk Nowitzki doll that you can't take any criticism of your team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:27 PM
:lol Nice analysis, AHF. I agree, Devin Harris is the biggest flopper this side of the West. Also, it's funny you find JO skinny. I haven't seen any Pacers games this season, but I also thought he was a little chubby...

His upper body is pretty cut. But he has chicken legs.

As for George, he had played some good games recently, but he got torched by Harrington. Howard is a much better defender than George, and when he actually fouls someone he doesn't cry like a little girl (unlike George).

JHoLove
01-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I was at the game last night too and the arena did suck. The section I was in was louder than the rest of the arena but thats not saying much. Dallas really does have some crappy fans. Most of the people in the lower sections don't know anything about basketball. I absolutely hate the PA guy. Most of the reason no one was cheering with him is because hes a douche. One time he yelled everyone stand up.. and a whole section yelled NO. But Dallas fans really do suck. I was so mad. It was so quiet in there. At one point I could have yelled to a section on other side and they probably would have heard me.

LEONARD
01-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Humble Billy defeats the fans into NOT wanting to do what he says...seriously...

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 01:43 PM
But Dallas fans really do suck. I was so mad. It was so quiet in there.

That was the first time I was ever able to have conversions at sporting event and not have to speak up/yell to the person next to me to do it.

Pretty lame. As much as Cuban strives for excellence, I don't get how he lets that scrub announcer stick around.

Cry Havoc
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM

http://www.kfba.net/WebModules/Players/Player.aspx?PlayerID=23

O'Neal is actually pretty toned. The problem is a lot of bigs in the NBA are HUGE, and O'Neal actually has a smaller frame, which is why he isn't a completely dominating force. 6'11 and 242. He's got 3 inches on Lebron and still weighs less.

I think he's still learning, though. His blocks are at a career high. He just doesn't have the massive frame to push people around 100% of the time in the post.

*sorry for the threadjack

mabber
01-05-2007, 01:55 PM
That was the first time I was ever able to have conversions at sporting event and not have to speak up/yell to the person next to me to do it.

Pretty lame. As much as Cuban strives for excellence, I don't get how he lets that scrub announcer stick around.

Very typical of Dallas and a lot of cities with multiple sports teams. Once a team gets good, then it takes an important game for them to get excited (loud, etc.) about it. It's that way with all sports in Dallas for the most part. Less so with the Cowboys since there are so few games. I was even reading on this board a couple of weeks ago how Spur's games aren't nearly as loud as they used to be for regular games now that the fans have been spoiled with a good team for a long time.

BradLohaus
01-05-2007, 05:39 PM
If you are expecting 20 and 10 from him, you are expecting too much. What he'll give you is more like 10 and 4 with a couple of steals and a block. He's perfect in Avery's system.

Devean George season avgs: 6.3 ppg .389 FGs .408 3FGs (29 in 25 games) 3 RPG 0.4 APG 0.6 Steals per game 0.36 blocks per game. If I didn't fear George when he was a spare on the Lakers then I won't be fearing him as a spare on the Mavs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Very typical of Dallas and a lot of cities with multiple sports teams. Once a team gets good, then it takes an important game for them to get excited (loud, etc.) about it. It's that way with all sports in Dallas for the most part. Less so with the Cowboys since there are so few games. I was even reading on this board a couple of weeks ago how Spur's games aren't nearly as loud as they used to be for regular games now that the fans have been spoiled with a good team for a long time.

I've attended regular season and playoff games for every team up here (save the Mavs in the playoffs). The Mavs crowd last night was only marginally better than the ho hum atmosphere of a Rangers game.

T Park
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
And the Rangers have the excuse of 150 degree blazing heat for the quiet.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Come on, the guy is latin...he has soccer roots...so he has "cheater" in his DNA already.No mavfan thread is complete wihtout some good old fashioned bigotry.