PDA

View Full Version : Nets trying to trade either Kidd or Carter

JPB
01-05-2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44061/20070105/carter_to_the_clippers/

Sign them and land anybody else than Tim, Tony and Manu to the nets.

Great starting five and no more rotations/lineups problems. :D

PM5K
01-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Kidd is paid way too much to be Tony's backup, and as good as he may be, I'd start Parker over him every day of the week, including Sunday...

Carter? Eh.....

Texas_Ranger
01-05-2007, 08:18 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44061/20070105/carter_to_the_clippers/

Sign them and land anybody else than Tim, Tony and Manu to the nets.

Great starting five and no more rotations/lineups problems. :D

Are you insane. Parker, Duncan, Carter, Kidd and Manu in the same team. There is no way this players can play togetger, not even if there would be just Timmy and Carter in the team. :ihit

SenorSpur
01-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Kidd is too old. Carter is too much of a dog

AFBlue
01-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd take Kidd in a heartbeat....minus the $20M/yr over the next 3, which makes it impossible. Nice thought though.

mountainballer
01-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Spurs don't need a star player of the Kidd/Carter clibre to win it this year.
they need better (and younger) role players. (likely two of them)
that is enough and it is also the realistic scenario to get them.

VaSpursFan
01-05-2007, 09:43 AM
no thank you to both. i find the maggette possibility more intriguing.

himat
01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Kidd is better than Parker, but he's going to be worse than him soon. Spurs need role players not superstars.

Mr. Body
01-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Clippers may be able to get Carter for a package including Maggette.

JPB
01-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Are you insane. Parker, Duncan, Carter, Kidd and Manu in the same team. There is no way this players can play togetger, not even if there would be just Timmy and Carter in the team. :ihit

I was joking. I would not want them in SA either.

It's just funny to see how some players value can drop quite fast.

EVAY
01-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Neither. Cartr is a prima donna and Kidd should not be considered even, for the way he played the spurs in the off season before his last contract.

This Spurs team is fine the way it is if they would show some backbone, mental toughness and intensity for a full game length. The problem here is not the talent (or lack thereof) of the personnel, IMO, it is the lackkof focus and drive that permeates all of them except Tony and Manu. ( and don't get me wrong, it is not that those two guys always play well or smart...but they do play full out every night, and that's more than can be said for the rest of the team, including Duncan.

cheguevara
01-05-2007, 03:21 PM
no offense, but if Kidd comes in, he'd be starting after a few games and Tony would be the backup. And then Eva would order him to leave the Spurs for the Lakers

mavfan2390
01-05-2007, 03:27 PM
You guys are better off without them, it would never happen anyways because the Spurs simply do not have the assets to trade for either (unless you guys want to give up Manu). The Spurs should look at free agents, Loren Woods, Tractor Traylor, maybe even Jim Jackson and Walter McCarthy.