PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Taylor DPOY

johnsmith
01-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I was pulling for Champ Bailey, but after looking at Taylor's numbers, it's tough to argue. 10 forced fumbles is amazing.

Champ had an unbelievable year with 10 picks while hardly being tested along with 96 tackles, but Taylor's numbers are just too incredible.

Taylor got 22 votes, Bailey got 16.

Side note, Merriman got 6.

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I was pulling for Champ Bailey, but after looking at Taylor's numbers, it's tough to argue. 10 forced fumbles is amazing.

Champ had an unbelievable year with 10 picks while hardly being tested along with 96 tackles, but Taylor's numbers are just too incredible.

Taylor got 22 votes, Bailey got 16.

Side note, Merriman got 6.

...impossible to go wrong with either one. i actually made a comment that Bailey was not the best cover corner earlier in the year....i think i was wrong, at least for this year. dude was incredible. i don't think he is the best CB overall, but he gets my vote as the best cover corner for this year. as for Taylor...like i said, both were amazing.

johnsmith
01-05-2007, 11:08 AM
...impossible to go wrong with either one. i actually made a comment that Bailey was not the best cover corner earlier in the year....i think i was wrong, at least for this year. dude was incredible. i don't think he is the best CB overall, but he gets my vote as the best cover corner for this year. as for Taylor...like i said, both were amazing.

Who's a better overall Corner then Bailey?

johnsmith
01-05-2007, 11:08 AM

Furthermore, what do you mean by overall?

johnsmith
01-05-2007, 11:09 AM
If it's in regards to his run-stopping and tackling ability, you're flat out wrong. Bailey was the second leading tackler on the Broncos behind Al Wilson and always stops runs. He's the most fundementally sound tackler I've ever seen at Corner in my life.

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Furthermore, what do you mean by overall?

i mean cover corner + tackler + forces offense into poor decisions. first of all, Bailey is in my overall top 5 (after this year, for sure) and he might be 2nd or 3rd even. but the top spot has to go to Chris McAlister....dude is always nails.

johnsmith
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
i mean cover corner + tackler + forces offense into poor decisions. first of all, Bailey is in my overall top 5 (after this year, for sure) and he might be 2nd or 3rd even. but the top spot has to go to Chris McAlister....dude is always nails.

Let's break the comparison down between Mcallister and Bailey as they both came into the league the same year.

Mcallister: Games, 121. Tackles, 392. Int's, 22.
Bailey: Games, 126. Tackles, 559. Int's, 39 Again, that's thirty Fucking Nine.

Whose the best CB in the league?

johnsmith
01-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh, and Bailey has 5 forced fumbles over that time compared to Mcallister's 1.

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Let's break the comparison down between Mcallister and Bailey as they both came into the league the same year.

Mcallister: Games, 121. Tackles, 392. Int's, 22.
Bailey: Games, 126. Tackles, 559. Int's, 39 Again, that's thirty Fucking Nine.

Whose the best CB in the league?

john, i like you...but those stats don't really mean anything. let me explain with an easy story:

when i was in high school i started at CB (hard corner). there was a system the coaches ran, like an efficiency rating, to see what defensive player totaled the most points. interceptions, tackles, assisted tackles, sacks, TDs, etc...basically every defensive stat. i actually led the team in that rating for over half the season...but it wasn't because i was the best defensive player (maybe i was or wasn't), it was b/c the LBs sucked and i was constantly having to make tackles...that and our defensive scheme was set up for me to attack the QB and almost every opposing run. so one could argue it was b/c of the system and lack of LB skill that my rating was so high, not b/c i was the best defensive player on the team.

on defense you have to be careful with stats, even on offense sometimes. but just b/c Bailey's stats are better does not mean he is the better player. i have seen games where opposing teams don't even throw the ball to McAllister's side ONCE.

johnsmith
01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
john, i like you...but those stats don't really mean anything. let me explain with an easy story:

when i was in high school i started at CB (hard corner). there was a system the coaches ran, like an efficiency rating, to see what defensive player totaled the most points. interceptions, tackles, assisted tackles, sacks, TDs, etc...basically every defensive stat. i actually led the team in that rating for over half the season...but it wasn't because i was the best defensive player (maybe i was or wasn't), it was b/c the LBs sucked and i was constantly having to make tackles...that and our defensive scheme was set up for me to attack the QB and almost every opposing run. so one could argue it was b/c of the system and lack of LB skill that my rating was so high, not b/c i was the best defensive player on the team.

on defense you have to be careful with stats, even on offense sometimes. but just b/c Bailey's stats are better does not mean he is the better player. i have seen games where opposing teams don't even throw the ball to McAllister's side ONCE.

The same goes for Bailey, teams avoided him all damn season. Plus, look at the Broncos linebackers, Al Wilson, Ian Gold, and DJ Williams. These are damn good linebackers that are fast and don't let teams run to the outside, which is where corners make tackles. That just goes to show, Bailey is making plays he doesn't have any business making and it's because of his ability to stop the run as well as his field awareness.

Bailey is the best corner in the league. I'll hear no different.

We need some other opinions on this, where is Sannity and Samikeyp when you need them?

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 11:45 AM
The same goes for Bailey, teams avoided him all damn season. Plus, look at the Broncos linebackers, Al Wilson, Ian Gold, and DJ Williams. These are damn good linebackers that are fast and don't let teams run to the outside, which is where corners make tackles. That just goes to show, Bailey is making plays he doesn't have any business making and it's because of his ability to stop the run as well as his field awareness.

Bailey is the best corner in the league. I'll hear no different.

We need some other opinions on this, where is Sannity and Samikeyp when you need them?

lol. bottom line, CBs won't have high tackle totals unless defenses players are missing tackles or assignments or they are getting attacked often. and if passes don't get thrown your way you can't bat them down or intercept them.

just to be clear, Bailey is a great corner...one of the best. but to say he is better than McAlister b/c his stats are better is not fair. there are way to many variables involved...

samikeyp
01-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Terence Newman is the best CB in the league......

...named Terence! :lol

Stats are not the end all/be all of what makes a player better than others but you cannot fully discount them. DB's are the toughest when it comes to stats because if they are good...no one throws to them so they can't rack up stats. I am a big fan of McCallister but I have to give a slight edge to Bailey and those stats are the tiebreaker for me, not the sole reason.

TheSanityAnnex
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I hope Jason Taylor enjoys his new hat and bucket of popcorn while he's sitting on the couch watching Lights Out in the playoffs.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gif

johngateswhiteley
01-05-2007, 02:32 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gif

lights out!....lights out!....lights out! hilarious.

yavozerb
01-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I hope Jason Taylor enjoys his new hat and bucket of popcorn while he's sitting on the couch watching Lights Out in the playoffs.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gif
Lights out is probably ready for the offseason himsellf since he's been "juiceless" for a couple of weeks now!!Damn cheater!!

Fillmoe
01-05-2007, 04:19 PM
the juice is no longer oj...... merrimans new nickname shall be the juice from now on..... i will no longer refer to him as shawn merriman.... it shall be replaced with the juice

TheSanityAnnex
01-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Lights out is probably ready for the offseason himsellf since he's been "juiceless" for a couple of weeks now!!And would you like to see his stats post juice?

Slinkyman
01-05-2007, 06:54 PM
And would you like to see his stats post juice?

who said he stopped using? probably just moved to another substance that's harder to test for.

TheSanityAnnex
01-05-2007, 08:15 PM
who said he stopped using? probably just moved to another substance that's harder to test for.
You're kidding right? No way in hell he ever tests positive for an illegal substance again. The man is not stupid. And you are also assuming he knew what was in his supplements. I guess we'll never know.

Slinkyman
01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
You're kidding right? No way in hell he ever tests positive for an illegal substance again. The man is not stupid. And you are also assuming he knew what was in his supplements. I guess we'll never know.

yeah, like we'll never know if bonds is on roids. :rolleyes

TheSanityAnnex
01-05-2007, 08:29 PM
He served his suspension. It's over.

Would you like me to ask Merriman to send you a Lights Out hat and a bucket of popcorn while you sit on the couch and watch the playoffs Bronco fan?

Holmes_Fans
01-05-2007, 10:08 PM
And would you like to see his stats post juice?
They are probably the same. The effects of steroids just don't wear off in 4 weeks. You know what steroids do right? They make your muscles bigger, and even if you get off them the muscle mass will sta as long as you keep working out, plus he probably started taking loads of legal stuff like creatine or something.

TheSanityAnnex
01-06-2007, 03:22 PM
They are probably the same. The effects of steroids just don't wear off in 4 weeks. You know what steroids do right? They make your muscles bigger, and even if you get off them the muscle mass will sta as long as you keep working out, plus he probably started taking loads of legal stuff like creatine or something.
:sleep