PDA

View Full Version : Is timvp going to hell?

timvp
01-05-2007, 06:03 PM
These three things happened to timvp in the last two weeks:

1) I go buy something. Total was $8.67. Give the cashier lady $10 and she gives me back $8.67. I pocket the money and walk out.

2) I go to the store. They bring the items I ordered from the back. I notice that they gave me more than I ordered. I take it all and walk out.

3) I go buy something. Total was $87.50. I give the cahsier lady $100 and she gives me back $112.50. I pocket the money and walk out.

WTF? The first two times it was cool but the last time I almost felt like I should have said something. My instincts told me to GTFO of the store and laugh but all I could do was smile.

I'm waiting for the bus to come along and even up my karma.

:madrun

01-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I can see why the dog is called "looter".

MannyIsGod
01-05-2007, 06:04 PM
You better pay some of that forward.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2007, 06:06 PM
"Almost"?

Spurminator
01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
The only one I'd feel guilty about is #3... She probably would lose her job if she was $100 short on the register.

Then again, she probably SHOULD.

Trainwreck2100
The last one for sure lost their job for being $100 off the first one probably didn'tq

yavozerb
Yes, you are going to hell and no there is no walking out!

timvp
01-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Number three just happened so I can probably go return the $100.

Hmmm ... BRB?

3rdCoast
01-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Return the 100

That person will for sure get fired.

Come on, have a heart and save a job.

Kori Ellis
01-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Return the 100

That person will for sure get fired.

Come on, have a heart and save a job.
On our way to the Spurs game, we'll go return the $100. I just don't know why dumb people keep giving him free stuff.

Sunshine
01-05-2007, 06:22 PM
You are probably being filmed on one of those "what would you do" shows. :lol

Just saw one the other day where people would pay for their meal and the cashier was deliberately giving them an extra 20 or two with their change. Most of them handed it back right away. Then they started giving an extra $100 bill...a couple handed it back, but one dude walked out with it and the reporter approached him and asked if he noticed and he stammered and was like..."well....I didn't notice right away...."

3rdCoast
01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
On our way to the Spurs game, we'll go return the $100. I just don't know why dumb people keep giving him free stuff.
San Antonio is synonymous with dumb.

Just the way it goes..

pseudofan
Screw it! It's just payback for all the nice things you and Kori do for other people. That's what I say.....

Speaking of nice things... can Sequ come watch the game at your house because I really don't want him yelling in my ear at my house! :) Please? Just leave the key under the dog, he can get it from there!

Ed Helicopter Jones
You won't go to hell.

I can't keep extra change. I get an "ookie" feeling inside when I'm walking away with it in my pocket. I always have to bring it back.

Not sure why.

Sonia_TX
01-05-2007, 06:27 PM
You are probably being filmed on one of those "what would you do" shows. :lol

Just saw one the other day where people would pay for their meal and the cashier was deliberately giving them an extra 20 or two with their change. Most of them handed it back right away. Then they started giving an extra $100 bill...a couple handed it back, but one dude walked out with it and the reporter approached him and asked if he noticed and he stammered and was like..."well....I didn't notice right away...."

I saw that show. That one young guy said "I was going to give it back" after he was already getting in his car. lol Sure you were...

Kori Ellis
01-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Screw it! It's just payback for all the nice things you and Kori do for other people. That's what I say..... How sweet!

Speaking of nice things... can Sequ come watch the game at your house because I really don't want him yelling in my ear at my house! :) Please? Just leave the key under the dog, he can get it from there!
Good try!

Sunshine
01-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I saw that show. That one young guy said "I was going to give it back" after he was already getting in his car. lol Sure you were...

Yep! I think it was a 20/20 episode, with John Quinnones (sp) They also flimed peoples reaction to a "drunk" attempting to get in their car and drive away and how they handled it.

And the segment where they showed people stepping up to protect a woman being yelled at and/or shoved around by her companion, but when it was a woman screaming at and punching a man....people walked on by w/out even looking.

pseudofan
01-05-2007, 06:35 PM
How sweet!

Good try!

:pctoss Damn!

NorCal510
01-05-2007, 06:37 PM
if u return the money the boss will realize the mistake and give her the boot

they probably dont even know. i say give the money to a homless man

timvp
01-05-2007, 06:40 PM
i say give the money to a homless man
:nerd

Within those two weeks I gave $5 to a guy holding a sign that said "Homless, please help". I thought the missing E was a good touch.

I guess it's not that uncommon. :madrun

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-05-2007, 06:50 PM
:nerd

Within those two weeks I gave $5 to a guy holding a sign that said "Homless, please help". I thought the missing E was a good touch.

I guess it's not that uncommon. :madrun

Was the homeless guy you gave the $5 to riding a yak?

NorCal510
01-05-2007, 06:54 PM
wow get off my balls thats all u do. u must have wild fantasys about me

MannyIsGod
01-05-2007, 06:57 PM
wow get off my balls thats all u do. u must have wild fantasys about meActually, its just that he's lazy and you're an easy target.

kingsfan
01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Give the money back. Most cashiers have to pay the difference if they come up short and she probably can't afford it. Although if it came out of my pocket I'd make sure that didn't happen.

T Park
01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Within those two weeks I gave $5 to a guy holding a sign that said "Homless, please help

Damn.....

Shelly
01-05-2007, 07:10 PM
You won't go to hell.

I can't keep extra change. I get an "ookie" feeling inside when I'm walking away with it in my pocket. I always have to bring it back.

Not sure why.

Perhaps it's because you're a "numbers" guy...

2centsworth
01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Without Genuine Repentence you will surely end up in Hell.

As far as here on earth, once you cross one line it gets easier to cross the next. Plus, being honorable brings genuine confidence unless you have no conscience which you obviously do because you're returning the $100.

Just 2cents maybe less.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Actually, its just that he's lazy and you're an easy target.

I'm at work - I have to take what I can get.

midgetonadonkey
01-05-2007, 07:37 PM
If you are going to hell for that there must be an even worse place for the likes of the midge.

Spurfect
01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
no, but you sure do shop alot

LuvBones
01-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Were these all different places? I gotta go try my luck if it was at the same store. :lol

ZStomp
01-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I'll make sure and send some friends over..

baseline bum
01-05-2007, 10:47 PM

1) I go buy something. Total was $8.67. Give the cashier lady $10 and she gives me back $8.67. I pocket the money and walk out.

2) I go to the store. They bring the items I ordered from the back. I notice that they gave me more than I ordered. I take it all and walk out.

3) I go buy something. Total was $87.50. I give the cahsier lady $100 and she gives me back $112.50. I pocket the money and walk out.

WTF? The first two times it was cool but the last time I almost felt like I should have said something. My instincts told me to GTFO of the store and laugh but all I could do was smile.

:madrun

LMAO. I love when that happens... like last month, I went to Best Buy to get Halo 2 and Gears of War, and the freaking cashier made me wait for 3 people behind me to go ahead because I wanted to pay with cash. Then she decides to go on break and pass me off to another, who only rings up Halo 2 for $25, and forgets to charge me the other $60 for GoW. Of course I didn't say shit.

spurster
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
To hell? No way! Jesus has several parables in which the good guys are the ones clever with money when they dishonest.

Guru of Nothing
01-06-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm amazed at the significance people place on $100.

Moral Troll
01-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Repent and you shall experience the land of milk and honey!

Kori Ellis
01-06-2007, 12:40 AM
1. We didn't do anything about.
2. That store shorted us on some products in the past, so now it's even.
3. He gave the $100 back.

I think LJ is saved from hell.

Mr Dio
01-06-2007, 12:52 AM

Blaze gives TimVP stuff all the time.

ASS!!!!!!!

Kori Ellis
01-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Blaze gives TimVP stuff all the time.

ASS!!!!!!!

I thought he only gave it to you?

ShoogarBear
01-06-2007, 01:46 AM

:madrunAnd yet you have no guilt playing poker with Blaze.

Mr Dio
01-06-2007, 02:36 AM
I thought he only gave it to you?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt!!!!!!!!!!

I have to pay for those sweet lamb chops when I wants me a morsel. :devil
Come to think of it, I did get screwed on my change last time!!

jman3000
01-06-2007, 02:59 AM
How sweet!

Good try!

:lol that's why you don't tell her when you need to use her house for something while she's gone... you just do it :fro

Kori Ellis
01-06-2007, 03:09 AM
:lol that's why you don't tell her when you need to use her house for something while she's gone... you just do it :fro
:pctoss

jman3000
01-06-2007, 03:20 AM
:pctoss

:hat

polandprzem
01-06-2007, 07:31 AM
You just got lucky.
Unbelievable mistakes by those cashiers.
I never look at the change but once the casher took too much I realized 2 minutes later. Oh well.

The hell?
What happened in my life and what perspective I see and what might happen I say there is no worst place then Earth full of people.

btw- if you knew something was wrong you should tell the cashier that's my opinion :)

take care

Sunshine
01-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Several years ago I was at Target and got home with something in my bags that I didn't pay for. I decided to do the right thing and take it back so I could pay for it. I go to the Customer Service area and explain what happened and the girl just stared at me for about 45 seconds like I was an idiot. Then she said "You mean to tell me you got all the way home before you realized and then made a special trip back up here for a $5 item???" Then she went on to explain that merchandise is "no big deal" because no one's held accountable for short/missing inventory. But she did say that the cashiers are held responsible when their cash registers don't balance at the end of their shift and have to make up the difference.

So when I'm under charged for stuff, or something isn't scanned at checkout, I'll admit that I don't do anything about it. But if I get too much change, I'll give it back. :angel

Summers
01-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I think LJ is saved from hell.

Hallelujah! :lol

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I stole something a couple weeks ago at work. Not from work, technically. From an idiot, but that doesn't really make it any less bad, I suppose. One of our clients sends out these fliers offering a free booklet of information, and we mail them out for anyone who signs up. So I was opening the mail and this guy wrote this note saying he really wanted to see the FREE book and was including money for shipping. Viola! A $20 bill landed in my lap. And I put it in my pocket. I know it's wrong, but, look, if you're dumb and/or rich enough to mail out cash to people who don't ask for it, then you don't mind donating to my grocery fund, right?

Shelly
01-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I admit that I do keep the dollar from the surveys I get periodically.

And I don't feel bad about not filling out the survey either :devil

ALVAREZ6
01-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Not going to hell, Timvp.

It's not your fault for others stupidity, pocket the money bro.

CubanMustGo
01-06-2007, 01:36 PM
There's an old saying: honesty is the best policy.

And an even older one: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Both run contrary to modern society (see Alvarez, etc.) but in the long run you will be glad you did the right thing.