PDA

View Full Version : Bowen? Fuck You, Pop

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 10:30 PM
:madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

dimsah
01-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Bench the whole fucking team except for Manu.

Fillmoe
01-05-2007, 10:31 PM
:lol :lol

SequSpur
01-05-2007, 10:32 PM
hilarious

leemajors
01-05-2007, 10:32 PM
why don't you call out duncan for playing like a scrub in the second half instead. losing the ball constantly, taking forever to make a freaking move. just pitiful. great in the first, choked in the second.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I called out the appropriate parties.

Our offense was shit in the second half thanks to Pop's brilliant calls.

And then runs the play to tie the game to force overtime for the guy on the team who is 1-15 with the leather ball since January 1.

Brilliant. Absolutely, mother fucking, brilliant.

adidas11
Aggie, I take it that you disapprove of Pop's play calling in that situation?

mother
spurs on 3 pointers = 4/12
manu = 4/6

Bob Lanier
01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
So next time is it Vaughn or Udrih?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I also didn't like how for like 3-4 plays they gave it to Finley to post up, but held it for the whole time then tried a fadeaway over the defender.

dimsah
01-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Might as well have had Oberto take the damn 3.

Texas_Ranger
All alone in the corner. How could he miss the shot.

jmard5
I think it was a fine play drawn by Pop.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-05-2007, 10:37 PM
It Would Have Never Come To A Bowen Three If We Had Not Left Michael Fucking Finley In For The Entire Fourth Quarter

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 10:37 PM
I also didn't like how for like 3-4 plays they gave it to Finley to post up, but held it for the whole time then tried a fadeaway over the defender.

Avery was grinning when we kept going back to the well on it.

Pop is just a dumbass when it comes to offense.

Manu played the whole fourth but only got the ball a handful of times, while we were treated to Finley and Bowen building a house of bricks.

Unbelievable. Manu would have willed this team to a win, and his dumbass fucking coach doesn't even give him the shot.

KB24
01-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Great Game!!!! Props to the MAVS.

Pistons < Spurs
I thought it was a good play. He had a wide open look at it.

If Bruce had made it, and the Spurs ended up winning, it would have been labeled as a brilliant play by Pop.

Spursdaone
I told you the Spurs should've traded Bowen for Mike James.

Spurologist
01-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Pop has fucked up big time the last couple of years, but I support that decision. It was a great mis-direction play. Pop inserted in Oberto to give the mavs the impression, they were going for the quick two. Gino drove the lane and found Bowen WIDE OPEN in the corner. That's his shot. He had a great look. It was the best three point opporunity you can expect from that situation. Great play. It just wasn't meant to be.

MarCowMar
01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
I thought it was a very good play. Few teams will get a shot that wide open in those circumstances.

sprrs
That was a great play for Bowen. He got the wide open look and just missed it. Stop making excuses and just accept that we lost in a close game.

1Parker1
The final play that Pop ran was brilliant. It created a WIDE open shot. Problem was he didn't exactly run it for the right player: A guy who is 2-17 the past 3 games.

However, Pop didn't have many options. No way were the Mavs going to leave Ginobili open in the perimeter. Parker and Duncan could have made a contested 2 pointer which wouldn't have helped. Barry, Finley, Horry our "3 point shooters" are non existent. I thought it was a great play, given the options Pop had. Also, it was Bruce Bowen's "spot." You can't expect to get such a wide open look like that...he should have made it.

Borosai
01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
That's the same play they ran against the Kings in the playoffs...the one Barry barely made, so it's not a bad play. But why Bowen? He missed all game...give it to the hot hand.

San Antonio
01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
He had a good look from the side. Mavs win the January 5th championship. Maybe they'll hang a banner for that.

Man Mountain
01-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I thought Tony should have penetrated and dished to Manu at the 3 point line. Tony did a great job today bringing the defense in with him. I would have done that instead.

But it wasn't that horrible of a play as is.

I'm fuckin' sick of small ball though. Finley or Barry at the PF spot for stretches killed everything.

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 10:42 PM
That's the same play they ran against the Kings in the playoffs...the one Barry barely made, so it's not a bad play. But why Bowen? He missed all game...give it to the hot hand.

That's the problem, there was no "hot hand." You think Mavs were going to let Ginobili get a wide open shot from the perimeter like that?

mFFL03
01-05-2007, 10:43 PM
calm down guys you were with us up until the end....we are the best team in b-ball right now (even though we didn't play the best game and the refs were on your side)...but still you were in it

LaMarcus Bryant
01-05-2007, 10:43 PM
AHF the play call was good, but overall you are right Pop coached a horrible horrible horrible HORRIBLE game

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 10:44 PM
The final play that Pop ran was brilliant. It created a WIDE open shot. Problem was he didn't exactly run it for the right player: A guy who is 2-17 the past 3 games.

However, Pop didn't have many options. No way were the Mavs going to leave Ginobili open in the perimeter. Parker and Duncan could have made a contested 2 pointer which wouldn't have helped. Barry, Finley, Horry our "3 point shooters" are non existent. I thought it was a great play, given the options Pop had. Also, it was Bruce Bowen's "spot." You can't expect to get such a wide open look like that...he should have made it.

They could have run the exact same play with Tony doing the penetration and Manu cutting baseline on the far side off a double screen by Tim and Horry.

Pop is a dumbass.

objective

he even got the post-up after a timeout, much to Walton and Barry's amazement

Spurminator
That was the best play call of the fourth quarter.

Which tells you what an abortion the fourth quarter was.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
That's the problem, there was no "hot hand." You think Mavs were going to let Ginobili get a wide open shot from the perimeter like that?

Why is it every team we play can get their best player in position to shoot those shots, but we can't?

Some of you are in denial. Pop is a retard when it comes to offense.

Who is the next end of game play going to be run for? Beno? Oberto? Eric Williams? Give me a fucking break.

Bowen was two for January, he had no business being in the game at that point, let alone our one and only option on the play.

Man Mountain
They could have run the exact same play with Tony doing the penetration and Manu cutting baseline on the far side off a double screen by Tim and Horry.

Yeah that was the ideal play and I thought thats' what he would have called.

Amuseddaysleeper
AHF the play call was good, but overall you are right Pop coached a horrible horrible horrible HORRIBLE game

Pop hasn't coached a good game since 2005

I think it's time for a serious overhaul from the coach throgh players 1-12

Or we can simply face facts that the declining era of the Spurs has set in and be content with the pending 2nd rd exit

When people told us to enjoy the time we had during our championship rings I don't think I fully grasped it until now

I think we're much further away from competing than a simple Maggette trade

Yes, we lost by just a 3 ball, but that was easily a game we shoulda won by 25 with the momentum we had in the first half. There wasn't a single excuse in the whole world for us to lose that game.

jbspurs
01-05-2007, 10:47 PM
On the last play..IMO I think quick two then foul right away.

dallaskd
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM
it was an excellently run play, bowen should have knocked it down. they should have put manu or horry where bowen was and let them hit it.

Billy Cobham
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I thought it was a good play. He had a wide open look at it.

If Bruce had made it, and the Spurs ended up winning, it would have been labeled as a brilliant play by Pop.

It seems like I've seen this post before?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 10:49 PM
By the way, small ball strikes again. Pop gets caught up in AJ's game with Finley playing powerless forward, and the Mavs outrebound us again. Now where did I see that rebounding discrepancy? Oh yeah, our series last year :rolleyes

PJ should coach these games against Dallas. Pop is either on the take against his lil' buddy or AJ's so in his head Pop can't think straight.

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Why is it every team we play can get their best player in position to shoot those shots, but we can't?

What teams are you talking about? Spurs have exactly three players, AHF, THREE PLAYERS, that the opposing team needs to guard on offense. Parker penetrating, kicking out to a Ginobili would still have been a hugely contested shot. That's what happens when you have ONE guy on the team making outside shots. Teams can afford to easily defend them. You can't get a more wide open look than Bruce did, also, it helped that it was his spot, his shot. He has got to make those, but he hasn't been. No one on the Spurs team outside Ginobili has made an outside shot in about 4 games.

objective
01-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Pop gets caught up in AJ's game with Finley playing powerless forward, and the Mavs outrebound us again. Now where did I see that rebounding discrepancy? Oh yeah, our series last year

lol, Josh Howard had just as many rebounds as Manu, Bowen, Barry and Finley did COMBINED

VaSpursFan
01-05-2007, 10:53 PM
maybe pop is working alphabetically...first bonner takes the last second shot, now bowen...LOL

it's unbelievable how bad has been outcoached lately by everyone. 1/2 good, the other shit. we can't string together 2 solid halves. furthermore, pop has no aptitude for making in game adjustments. he's a creature of habit with his rotations and it's killing us. statement games we have to win and we just lost another one.

Billy Cobham
01-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Bowen has been the worst shooter on the Spurs for the past 3 games so it made no sense to run a play for him. Maybe it's a January thing...

VaSpursFan
01-05-2007, 10:55 PM

Pop is a dumbass.

tell me about it...manu actually hit his 3 and had the hot hand...and pop didn't ride it and didn't call the last play for him. there is no way i would call a play for bowen if i'm the coach if he hadn't hit at least 1 three all game.

SequSpur
01-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Win or Lose, last night Kobe got all the shots. Not Walton or bonner.... WTF is that?

LaMarcus Bryant
01-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Pop hasn't coached a good game since 2005

I think it's time for a serious overhaul from the coach throgh players 1-12

Or we can simply face facts that the declining era of the Spurs has set in and be content with the pending 2nd rd exit

When people told us to enjoy the time we had during our championship rings I don't think I fully grasped it until now

I think we're much further away from competing than a simple Maggette trade

Yes, we lost by just a 3 ball, but that was easily a game we shoulda won by 25 with the momentum we had in the first half. There wasn't a single excuse in the whole world for us to lose that game.

The team isn't in THAT much of a decline as people have been saying though. Yes, Tim looks a step slower this season. Yes bowen is old. YEs hte team is old. But what we really have to realize is that the trades we made a while ago to get aging cheap players is biting us in the ass in a league that favors fast slashing players.

Its that simple. Leaving a worthless player like Michael Finley on the floor makes the game 4 vs 5.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
What teams are you talking about?

Shit, did you watch? Dallas got it to Dirk. Kobe? He's got less good players than us on LA. Ray Allen, KG, TMac, wake the fuck up.

Spurs have exactly three players, AHF, THREE PLAYERS, that the opposing team needs to guard on offense. Parker penetrating, kicking out to a Ginobili would still have been a hugely contested shot. That's what happens when you have ONE guy on the team making outside shots.

There's other teams with one great player on their team, two at most, and they find a way. Admit it - Pop sucks as a coach at the offensive end.

Here's what a real offensive coach does - runs his guy through as many picks as necessary to get his man open. We had 5 players on the court. Did you even watch the play unfold?

We ran a double staggered screen for Bowen using Tim and Horry. We could have run the exact same staggered screen for Manu and would have had the exact same wide ass open shot for him.

Look, I'm sorry you've obviously never played basketball and don't understand shit about how an offensive play develops, but it could have and would have worked. I'm not saying Manu would have made it for sure, but I like his odds a lot better than Mr. two for January Bruce Bowen.

v2freak
01-05-2007, 10:59 PM
why don't you call out duncan for playing like a scrub in the second half instead. losing the ball constantly, taking forever to make a freaking move. just pitiful. great in the first, choked in the second.

I disagree. It's hard to do anything when you don't get the ball. Some plays that swayed the momentum: Duncan blocking Nowitzki's shot (+) Ginobili throwing up a poor 3 in transition, getting blocked at the rim and throwing it to a Maverick in the final quarter (-)

After a quick timeout, they gave it Duncan and boom, he scored. It's that simple. Duncan is the franchise player and needs to demand the ball

sprrs
01-05-2007, 10:59 PM

Pop is a dumbass.

He's a dumass for getting a wide open three to tie the game? Getting your ONE hot player open against a good defensive team isn't easy. That was a damn good play and you know it.

VaSpursFan
01-05-2007, 11:04 PM
He's a dumass for getting a wide open three to tie the game? Getting your ONE hot player open against a good defensive team isn't easy. That was a damn good play and you know it.

the play was outstanding...just the wrong person taking the shot. if you're a head coach with a good staff, they should have let you know that the only person that hit a 3 for the spurs was manu. i would have let rob horry take that shot before bruce...hell even bonner :lol :lol :downspin: :downspin:

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Sorry but once again, if all the other teams as AHF said can get kobe, t mac, anthony, and dirk shots off at the end of games then pop should do the same thing

Bowen is 2-17 in the new year

I doubt he hasn't missed at least 6 of them wide open

THis is like the crappy bonner play all over again

I can live with manu, tp, or tim missing the game winning shot

at least we had it in the hands of the players who deserve the last shot

but evne if bowen was the only guy in the court, I don't even want him shooting to begin with at 2-17, let alone the game tying shot at the end of regulation to a team that has made us their bitch all season along and will probably make us look worse come playoff time

I don't care if it's just january, we're getting worse and worse by the month and at this point I'm all for blowing the team up save the big 3 and starting over with a whole new cast of role players

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Are you a retard? Seriously.

If it's so hard to get your one good player open offensively, how did Arenas go off for 50+ in the same week? How did TMac, the one player would even see time in our rotation from his team, score 44 points tonight?

How did DRob score 71? Wilt 100? How did Elliott hit the MDM when everyone in the building knew he was getting the rock?

I give up. All you fucking idiots can have your game losing plays run for Bonner and Bowen. The idiocy of some of you stroking Pop for running a play for 2 for 17 Bowen in that situation when home court was arguably on the line is amazing.

The same staggered screen that got your precious Bowen his shot tonight would have gotten Manu his, and he had a hell of a lot better probability of making it that Bruce.

I love Bowen for his D and his leadership role on this team, but he shouldn't have been anywhere near the court, let alone the single, solitary, game losing option for the Spurs tonight.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2007, 11:07 PM
AHF

we think alike

v2freak
01-05-2007, 11:08 PM
45% shooter from 3 point territory in his favorite spot seems like a damn good FGA to me.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2007, 11:11 PM
45% shooter from 3 point territory in his favorite spot seems like a damn good FGA to me.

2-17 shooter in his "favorite" 3 point spot seem like a botched attempt at giving the wrong guy the wrong ball

why Bowen is even on the COURT let alone taking the last shot is beyond me

Any other of the 29 coaches in the league could and would've gotten the ball to Manu

We just happen to have the one idiot who thinks Bowen's hot hand would bring us home

The fact that he was wide open and still missed shows hos badly his shooting has plummeted

I doubt we'll have many more perfect nights from Oberto

A tale of two halves was also the tale of two teams

One, on the decline leaving the championship days behind, and the other beginning what looks like a new championship era of their own

Budkin
01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
I thought it was a great play... he just missed. What can you say?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I thought it was a great play... he just missed. What can you say?

ummm, don't give it tot he guy who was 2-17 since the new year?

man was 4/6 from 3 and the only guy who gave a fuck

A decent coach would've gotten the ball to manu

the concept behind the play was good, but the person they opted to give it you was beyond moronic

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:14 PM

2-17 from January and 0-3 from his 'favorite spot' already tonight.

Manu was 67% from three tonight, yeah, it was a great play to go to the 45% guy...

v2freak
01-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Who cares if he was 2-17 starting the New Year? How you shoot in some games has very little bearing on how you shoot in all games.

leemajors
01-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I disagree. It's hard to do anything when you don't get the ball. Some plays that swayed the momentum: Duncan blocking Nowitzki's shot (+) Ginobili throwing up a poor 3 in transition, getting blocked at the rim and throwing it to a Maverick in the final quarter (-)

After a quick timeout, they gave it Duncan and boom, he scored. It's that simple. Duncan is the franchise player and needs to demand the ball

tim got the ball plenty in the 4th, and promptly held on to it making no move quickly, turned the ball over, or threw up a weak shot while being defended by dirk. he played like a punk in the second half after playing perfectly in the first. did you miss the second half?

v2freak
01-05-2007, 11:17 PM
tim got the ball plenty in the 4th, and promptly held on to it making no move quickly, turned the ball over, or threw up a weak shot while being defended by dirk. he played like a punk in the second half after playing perfectly in the first. did you miss the second half?

Yes, I did. He barely got the ball in the 4th especially. How many times have we seen other players try to be the hero at the end of the game? Should be the team's best player, plain and simple

KB24
01-05-2007, 11:18 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Who cares if he was 2-17 starting the New Year? How you shoot in some games has very little bearing on how you shoot in all games.

Okay, fine. He was 2-6 from the FIELD tonight. Manu was 4-6 from THREE.

Better? It was still a dumbass decision to go to Bruce in that situation.

SequSpur
01-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Pop acts like everyone besides Duncan is the same. I am sick and fucking tired of Bowen trying to take opponents off the dribble. I am sick and tired of seeing stiffs like Bonner, Beno, Elson and Horry playing. There has to be some kind of fucking pecking order to winning a fucking game. Duncan is an allstar, Parker is an allstar, Manu was/could be an allstar..... Why in the fuck are you calling plays for fucking Bonner and Bowen?????????????????????? HUH? I don't fucking get it.

Can I go on roundtable and just totally melt down on Pop? It's about time somebody did.... WHAT THE FUCK?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2007, 11:19 PM

yes, but even THIS game he was shooting like shit

there just isn't a single reason to give him the ball

if a guy is cold for the game you don't give him the ball

it's not like bowen was a clutch master for us time and time again that we feel he could go 1-12 in a game and still hit the final shot (he's not Dirk basically)

2-17 just shows that he's been bad for a few games now, all the more reason to put the ball in someone else's hands

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Yes, I did. He barely got the ball in the 4th especially. How many times have we seen other players try to be the hero at the end of the game?Should be the team's best player, plain and simple

Then why are you defending Pop running the last play for Bowen?

You just owned yourself.

SpursWillOwn
01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who has made fun of San Antonio's River Walk in the past, donned a shirt early in Friday's game that read: "I went to the San Antonio River Walk and all I got was a rash." But later on he was sporting a different one.

bdictjames
01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
One thing is certain: WE NEED PRACTICE.

Slinkyman
01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
we shouldn't have gone for the 3 right there at all, let manu or parker drive and try to draw contact and get the quick 2 and hope for the foul. Force the Mavs to make freethrows and then go for three if they make both.

twincam
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
It's this simple.

If you're the San Antonio Spurs in a close game against ANY team in the NBA...you're going to have to make free throws! Period!

It doesn't matter if they missed the open three pointer, missed layups, etc.

FREE THROWS are UNCONTESTED! If you're getting millions of dollars to win games, you better freakin' make your free throws!

It's just that simple.

Yet another fouth quarter meltdown.

They are missing the keyword I always use: POISE !

v2freak
01-05-2007, 11:30 PM
yes, but even THIS game he was shooting like shit

there just isn't a single reason to give him the ball

if a guy is cold for the game you don't give him the ball

it's not like bowen was a clutch master for us time and time again that we feel he could go 1-12 in a game and still hit the final shot (he's not Dirk basically)

2-17 just shows that he's been bad for a few games now, all the more reason to put the ball in someone else's hands

You'd be surprised to know that Bowen was 2-4 in his last 4 FGAs. That's 50%, players can heat up during the course of a game you know. Bowen hasn't been chosen to shoot in close games very often, so we don't know a lot as to whether he's clutch or not.

Then why are you defending Pop running the last play for Bowen?

You just owned yourself.

What are we, in 9th grade?

First, I thought Duncan should have shot it. Honestly I would take a contested shot from Duncan over an open shot from anyone else. But the fact that Bowen was open and had made 2 of his last 4 shots was good enough for me, + he got it in his favorite spot. Sure it would have been nice to have our best player shooting the final shot - Duncan is capable of making 3s.

We have seen players try to take authority from Duncan. It came down to this situation that you despise so much because players were turning it over and fouling at inopportune times. These players are the same players that some posters have chosen to glorify.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:33 PM
First, I thought Duncan should have shot it. Honestly I would take a contested shot from Duncan over an open shot from anyone else.

Thanks for proving how clueless you are. What does a contested Duncan jumper do for us with 6 seconds left when we're down 3? It gets us a loss.

we shouldn't have gone for the 3 right there at all, let manu or parker drive and try to draw contact and get the quick 2 and hope for the foul. Force the Mavs to make freethrows and then go for three if they make both.

Yeah, hope for a bailout from the refs for a three point play, and as plan B get into a FT shooting contest between one of the 5 best FT shooting teams in the league when we're one of the bottom 5.

v2freak
01-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I can recall several close games where Duncan will take a 3 from the top of the arc. Would it be better for the shot to not be contested? Yeah..and that would be ideal. The Bowen shot was the second best choice. It's a tough loss to swallow, I know. But we'll get our revenge in the playoffs

carina_gino20
01-05-2007, 11:38 PM
i'm fine with the last play although manu would have been a better shooter. bruce was open, it was his spot, he missed.

but the real massacre happened in the 2nd half when Tim disappeared. just unbelievably cold and un-clutch. manu tried to rally us back but he got touches too late in the game. i know howard was hounding him in the 4th but pop should've just given the ball to manu for him to penetrate and force the refs to call a blocking or a charge.

and wth is wrong with Barry? you're open for three, you shoot it.

timvp
01-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Great play call. Bad decision on who to go to. Bowen had been passing on threes all night. I would have liked Parker from the corner before Bowen with the way Bowen was hesitating.

P.S.

:lmao @ Anyone who thinks the Mavs would have given Manu any kind of open look. The whole team ran to him when he got the ball. Manu isn't a player who creates three-pointers off the dribble.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:40 PM
No, the best shot would have been a Manu three from ANYWHERE. Damn dude, quit hedging. First it was a great shot, now it's down to second behind Duncan jacking up a three :lol

What's next? We should have run the play for Oberto, because they would never expect a three from him?

Thanks for the discussion, as one-sided as it has been.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:41 PM
i'm fine with the last play although manu would have been a better shooter. bruce was open, it was his spot, he missed.

but the real massacre happened in the 2nd half when Tim disappeared. just unbelievably cold and un-clutch. manu tried to rally us back but he got touches too late in the game.

and wth is wrong with Barry? you're open for three, you shoot it.

Tim looked bad because Pop benched Oberto and went small ball and ran the offense for Finley and Bruce. I guess when it's not broke (first half), Pop feels the need to 'fix' it for no reason :rolleyes

SequSpur
P.S.
:lmao @ Anyone who thinks the Mavs would have given Manu any kind of open look. The whole team ran to him when he got the ball. Manu isn't a player who creates three-pointers off the dribble.

I guess Pop isn't the only one who has never heard of picks or screens.

:rolleyes

Dr J
The discussions about a free throw contest are off base. The Mavs would be happy to get into a free throw contest at the end of the game with almost any team in the league -- they would love to get SA to trade free throws. At my house, we were yelling for AJ to order a foul and then get the ball to Dirk or Stack to ice the game.

John

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Anyone who thinks the Mavs would have given Manu any kind of open look. The whole team ran to him when he got the ball.

What do you expect? They didn't have to worry about anyone on the court shooting a three except for Manu.

Tony? Nope.
Tim? :lol
Bruce? :lmao
Oberto? :lmao

Billy Cobham
01-05-2007, 11:43 PM
You cannot differentiate a play call from who it is run for. The two aspects are combined in whatever play is called. All coaches know this....well maybe not Popovich.

ShoogarBear
01-05-2007, 11:44 PM
:lmao @ Anyone who thinks the Mavs would have given Manu any kind of open look. The whole team ran to him when he got the ball. Manu isn't a player who creates three-pointers off the dribble.You wanna reveal to us why Oberto was in the game and Horry was on the bench?

Shit, even suck-ass Barry should have been out there instead of Tim or maybe Parker.

v2freak
01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
No, the best shot would have been a Manu three from ANYWHERE. Damn dude, quit hedging. First it was a great shot, now it's down to second behind Duncan jacking up a three :lol

What's next? We should have run the play for Oberto, because they would never expect a three from him?

Thanks for the discussion, as one-sided as it has been.

In my first post, I discussed how Duncan, the franchise player, should be taking the important shots in the 4th. Then I defended Pop's decision to go to Bowen because that's how it played out, and that's the only way to look at it. It was a good FGA, but he missed. Done deal. To tell the truth, I'm looking for any reason to disprove all the geniuses here that think they can out-wit a COY. This is the man that has helped to bring us 3 championships. Why don't you call him up and tell him to get his ass back to the GM spot and put you as the coach, if it bothers you so much?

Spurminator
01-05-2007, 11:48 PM
You wanna reveal to us why Oberto was in the game and Horry was on the bench?

Shit, even suck-ass Barry should have been out there instead of Tim or maybe Parker.

I would have had Horry in, but Oberto was probably in for the second chance opportunity, which we almost had when he got the offensive board.

v2freak
01-05-2007, 11:49 PM
I wasn't sure what happened at the end. Did he get stripped, or did he just lose the ball himself?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2007, 11:52 PM
In my first post, I discussed how Duncan, the franchise player, should be taking the important shots in the 4th.

See, this is where you bear out that you don't know shit. If Duncan was the only decent player on this team, fine. And you sound totally like Pop when you say something so fucking stupid.

The problem with that argument is that we have three All-Stars: Tim, Tony, and Manu. They should ALL be carrying the load in the fourth. But Pop treats the latter two as equals to Bowen, Bonner, Beno, and all the other bench scrubs. It's fucking stupid logic, and it's the reason why this will be the second straight year the Spurs don't even make it out of their own conference.

If you enjoy watching us piss away the rest of the Tim Duncan era so you can suck off whatever flavor of the day is working on a 2-17 shooting streak, so be it. But that's bullshit. It's not fair to the team, it's not fair to Duncan. It's not fair to the fans. But if you want to go down that road of mediocrity, fair enough.

This is pro sports, and a lot of people spend serious $$$$$$$$$$ to watch them play. And with that comes the expectation that they will leave their best on the court every night, from the players up to Popobitch. And right now it ain't happening, and it won't as long Pop stumbles around with his head up his ass in situations like tonight's.

To tell the truth, I'm looking for any reason to disprove all the geniuses here that think they can out-wit a COY

I don't have to, Avery is doing one hell of a job.

This is the man that has helped to bring us 3 championships. Why don't you call him up and tell him to get his ass back to the GM spot and put you as the coach, if it bothers you so much?

Well hey, shut down the fucking forum then, because none of us will ever coach an NBA team. Seriously. Time to shut it down. Go ahead and log off and never come back. Lame logic from a lame poster.

v2freak
01-06-2007, 12:03 AM
LOL

I can't believe how right you are. Every single turnover the Spurs committed is also the coach's fault! Why didn't I know this?

The superstar of the Mavs took 23 shots. They're really suffering huh? 13 game win streak vs 3 game losing streak :tu

Why should there be people calling out Duncan, if he isn't entitled to fulfill his position as team captain and franchise player in the 4th quarter?

And pardon my manners. "Thank you for the one-sided argument"

You're very welcome

nobodi_home
01-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Why was Berry and Bonner on the bench for the final 12 seconds??

S T U P I D move. Another Popovich temper tantrum I suppose.

Oh my Gawd, Bonner missed a big one last night. Off to the gallows with that dude.

Typical Popovich thinking. Good show, Pop, you lose another one.

timvp
01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Shit, even suck-ass Barry should have been out there instead of Tim.

Spurs fans, we have hit a new low. In a situation where the Spurs could have gone for two and fouled, a Spurs fans wanted Tim Duncan pulled from the game. For Brent Barry.

I have now seen it all in my Spurs fandom.

nobodi_home
01-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Hey, Pop could have had Horry Orry in there to throw up an airball, no?
Hey, that's a lame argument about posters not ever coaching an NBA team. Damn, can't we make better arguments than that? Well, at least no one is blaming the refs tonight.

Dirk41MVP
01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
The Best Thing About That Play Was That Duncan Held Buckner By The Arm So He Couldn't Get To Bowen And Put A Hand On His Face And Bowen Still Missed The Shot. Hahahahah, Go Back And Review The Play For All Of You That Recorded The Game!!

v2freak
01-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Oh My Gosh! That Really Is Something, Isn't It!?!?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I've seen him create a three for himself a couple times this year when he gets hot, he did it with that jab step, (though he missed unfortunately in yesterday's game). He doesn't insist on chucking though.

Anyway I think even with screens the defender would have denied a pass to Manu by having one guy stay on him at all times, they should have had Barry and Bonner on the floor to spread the defenses if they wanted to create a good look for Manu with screens.

In any case, it wasn't a BAD play for Bowen, since that was his shot, it was just blind, since like AHF says, Pop treats everyone but Duncan as equals!! Those Finley, Bowen, and Barry penetrations really piss me off!! But why do we keep seeing them!! they're not Tony or Manu. Finley posting up on two occasions for critical possessions!!! AGGH!!! you need ball movement from their lineup since they're jumpshooters!

Pop needed this loss to hopefully wake him up!

sprrs
01-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Are you a retard? Seriously.

If it's so hard to get your one good player open offensively, how did Arenas go off for 50+ in the same week? How did TMac, the one player would even see time in our rotation from his team, score 44 points tonight?

How did DRob score 71? Wilt 100? How did Elliott hit the MDM when everyone in the building knew he was getting the rock?

I give up. All you fucking idiots can have your game losing plays run for Bonner and Bowen. The idiocy of some of you stroking Pop for running a play for 2 for 17 Bowen in that situation when home court was arguably on the line is amazing.

The same staggered screen that got your precious Bowen his shot tonight would have gotten Manu his, and he had a hell of a lot better probability of making it that Bruce.

I love Bowen for his D and his leadership role on this team, but he shouldn't have been anywhere near the court, let alone the single, solitary, game losing option for the Spurs tonight.

Are you seriously trying to compare an ENTIRE GAME with a SINGLE POSESSION IN THE CLOSING SECONDS? Wow. I'm not denying Manu wouldn't have been a better option but there's no way Manu would have gotten as good a look as Bowen got.

Maybe if you had your way Manu would have taken a three on the baseline falling out of bounds with Dirk in his face, centimeters away from blocking the shot, just like the MDM? Pathetic.