PDA

View Full Version : If this doesn't open the Spurs eyes...

Buddy Holly
01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
To make the Maggette trade I don't know what will.

Beno and Barry are useless.

supaphly119
01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
i agree...beno is more useless than useless. he actually would have to be more useful to be useless.

Dr J
01-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I posted this earlier today:

Spurs win >10 differential = impressive victory
Spurs win 4-10 expected due to rest/home court advantage
Spurs win 1-4 concerning -- examine bench and center production
Mavs win 1-5 very concerning -- also look at Ginobilli vs. Howard/George/Stackhouse
Mavs win >5 = trouble in SA -- closely examine production from Ob/El/Gin/Fin

Mavs won 90 to 85.
The Mavs are younger and more athletic.

Parker was excellent -- what a quick and athletic player.
Ginobilli was better than expected -- he was able to hit the three when needed.
Bowen was marginal -- he is relying more and more on aggressive attacks as his athleticism has declined.
Duncan was excellent at first and then wore down -- his free throw shooting was certainly a major factor in the loss.
Finley was marginal -- sad to say, but he was better than I expected.
Oberto was marginal.
The remainder were a non-factor.

San Antonio looked like the team on the second of a back-to-back.

It is time for some introspection in SA.

John

sprrs
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Did I see the right game? Were we blown out? Sure seems that way by the reaction of the fans.

Buddy Holly
01-05-2007, 10:50 PM
It's not just this game. They've lost three in a row, when was the last time that happened? Not only did they lose three in a row but they lost to the Cavs and Wolves.

They need to switch it up, change isn't bad.

jbspurs
01-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I noticed when Finley is on the floor, their perimeter passing is slow and defense seems to catch up all the time. Finley tends to hold the ball for extra second instead of throwing the extra pass right away.

Drbio
01-05-2007, 10:57 PM
You know what? If you guys got Maggette somehow I would certainly be impressed.

SequSpur
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Maggette sucks. They need a fucking center and a backup point guard and they will win another championship.

supaphly119
01-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Maggette sucks. They need a fucking center and a backup point guard and they will win another championship.

i'm not sure if maggette is the right move but we just need something new. barry is old, finley is old, beno is horrible.

how about those 3 for mike miller?

Man Mountain
01-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I noticed when Finley is on the floor, their perimeter passing is slow and defense seems to catch up all the time. Finley tends to hold the ball for extra second instead of throwing the extra pass right away.
Finley stagnated the offensive horribly today.

But Barry/Beno's 0-for-whatever sucked too.

Slinkyman
01-05-2007, 11:03 PM
josh howard had 12 boards, maggette would be huge in changing that number.

supaphly119
01-05-2007, 11:05 PM

i feel like a homeless man could change that number. good christ, we're playing like a shitty YMCA girls bball team

Borosai
01-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Is it too late to tank the season? We can still catch up to Memphis and Philly.

And this is exactly why I said that the Spurs can't hold on to certain players just because they "may" shoot well. Hanging your hopes on that is retarded. Get players that impact the game in different ways, not just 3's. Even when Manu doesn't shoot great, he still makes a difference. Barry, Finley, Udrih? No. Horry? Sometimes. They need to make some moves and get ppl to contribute all around, especially on D.

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
It's not just this game. They've lost three in a row, when was the last time that happened?.

2003-2004 I believe....?

supaphly119
01-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Is it too late to tank the season? We can still catch up to Memphis and Philly.

And this is exactly why I said that the Spurs can't hold on to certain players just because they "may" shoot well. Hanging your hopes on that is retarded. Get players that impact the game in different ways, not just 3's. Even when Manu doesn't shoot great, he still makes a difference. Barry, Finley, Udrih? No. Horry? Sometimes. They need to make some moves and get ppl to contribute all around, especially on D.

i don't think horry has made a shot since that game 5 in detroit.

dallaskd
01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
A loss is a loss be it by one or 100 points...moron!

listen to him. knicks fans know all about losing

boutons_
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
" They've lost three in a row"

.... to the Mavs @ATT

Russ
01-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I would love Maggette but the Spurs don't have enough to give. The solution may be more creative -- along the Jaron Jackson, Devon Brown mold.

Has anyone seen James White play? An influx of energy, especially chasing the Mavs on defense, could be just the ticket.

Russ
01-05-2007, 11:15 PM
" They've lost three in a row"

.... to the Mavs @ATT

Look at the bright side -- they'll get 4 of 7 in Dallas in the playoffs. :elephant

Buddy Holly
01-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I would love Maggette but the Spurs don't have enough to give. The solution may be more creative -- along the Jaron Jackson, Devon Brown mold.

All the Clippers want are Barry and Beno. They want to get rid of Maggette.

Russ
01-05-2007, 11:17 PM

I'd like to believe you, but I seriously doubt that.

Nero
01-05-2007, 11:17 PM

Right, and people are claiming Bowen did an "excellent" job on him because he shot 7/17 for 18pts rather than 8/17 for 20. Bowen is not stopping opposing SF's and is getting killed on the boards by them.

midgetonadonkey
01-05-2007, 11:18 PM

Has anyone seen James White play? An influx of energy, especially chasing the Mavs on defense, could be just the ticket.

Did you say James White?

objective
01-05-2007, 11:19 PM
the triple threat bench of Finley, Barry, and Beno combined went . . .

3 for 20.

All 3 baskets by Finley.

And such great defense by all of them too.

Can't break that up with no trade.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Buckets is not being used in Indy. THey've got to be willing to trade him back.

Buddy Holly
I'd like to believe you, but I seriously doubt that.

Don't believe me, believe the Spurs who told Ludden.

SequSpur
01-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Buckets is not being used in Indy. THey've got to be willing to trade him back.

Hell yeah... but i seriously fucking doubt it, he's pending a court hearing on his strip club shooting..

objective
FWIW, Ludden was told that the Clippers would be 'intrigued' by Barry and Beno, not that that alone was enough to get it done.

Buddy Holly
If we could someone do a three team trade and land Maggette and Troy Murphy that'd be badass.

VaSpursFan
01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Right, and people are claiming Bowen did an "excellent" job on him because he shot 7/17 for 18pts rather than 8/17 for 20. Bowen is not stopping opposing SF's and is getting killed on the boards by them.

bruce couldn't stop traffic if he was a stoplight. with the way the rules are, bruce's defensive prowess is becoming obsolete and unnecessary.

midgetonadonkey
01-05-2007, 11:23 PM
If we could someone do a three team trade and land Maggette and Troy Murphy that'd be badass.

If we can somehow do that and win the championship while getting the number one over all pick and getting Oden, it would be even better.

Buddy Holly
01-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Aren't GS looking to trade Murphy and Dunleavy? Why not ship Dunleavy to LA to be with his dad and send them beno and brent.

bulletedge
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Hmmm....do I detect trouble in River City?

Let's see, the Spurs lost because: the refs gave the game to Dallas- nope, not tonight; Duncan played poorly- nope; Parker sucked- nope; Manu was terrible- wrong again; Terry was on fire- nope; Howard dominated- hardly; Dirk hit a lucky shot at the buzzer- nope; Ah Ha- I've got it- on a basically off night Dallas simply wanted it more than the Spurs in the second half and made the key plays when they needed to make them.

This season is far from over and the Spurs may well beat the Mavs in the playoffs, but as a Mavs fan I am glad to see that Dallas has gotten past their "mental block" where the Spurs are concerned.

Now I can look forward to watching Parcells coach his last game for the Cowboys tomorrow night.

Man In Black
01-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I don't blame Bruce that much in this loss. I feel that Pop let Avery dictate the game late AGAIN. Dirk using pretty much everyone that defended him sans Tim but even if Tim is doing a good job of that, it seems as if it saps him on the offensive end.

We need a full roster of pieces, it took awhile for the Spurs to show some athletecism from the wing and point, they get that with Manu & TP but after...it's hit and miss with Brent, Mike F, and Beno.

Small ball still sux.

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Did I see the right game? Were we blown out? Sure seems that way by the reaction of the fans.

In the immortal words of the great Kansas City Chiefs coach Herman Edwards, "You play to win the game.....hello?" :fro

You compete and play to WIN. There are no moral victories. Blow out or not it's still a loss. And as many have pointed out, when's the last time a Spurs team lost 3 games in a row.

Also, look who those losses have been Wolves, Cavs (twice), Fakers, Clippers, Rockets, Bucks, Sixers. All teams the Spurs historically would have carved up - much like the Mavs are doing now.

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 12:24 PM

Thank you for clarifying. People don't seem to understand the Clippers ABSOLUTELY MUST trade Maggette. It's not a matter of if, it is when and to who. They are as desparate to trade this guy as he is to be traded.

This is a no brain deal for the Spurs....and based upon what we've all watched the past 3 games and how this team seemingly grows older and more uninspired by the day, a deal they cannot afford to pass up.

GrandeDavid
01-06-2007, 12:50 PM
i agree...beno is more useless than useless. he actually would have to be more useful to be useless.

:lol

td4mvp21
01-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I used to not want to trade Finley and Barry, but now I don't really give a shit. We need changes NOW. Younger guards who can gives us more than just shooting. We also need a shot blocker downlow

Mr. Body
01-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Thank you for clarifying. People don't seem to understand the Clippers ABSOLUTELY MUST trade Maggette. It's not a matter of if, it is when and to who. They are as desparate to trade this guy as he is to be traded.

This is a no brain deal for the Spurs....and based upon what we've all watched the past 3 games and how this team seemingly grows older and more uninspired by the day, a deal they cannot afford to pass up.

The Clippers don't have to trade Maggette. He's requested a trade, that's it. It's not a league imperative that such requests are honored. The Players' Association won't get in a snit if he doesn't get traded. LAC will look around and see if there's anything they like, but they'd be best served waiting until summer.

Pugglekicker_21
01-06-2007, 01:18 PM
i'm not sure if maggette is the right move but we just need something new. barry is old, finley is old, beno is horrible.

how about those 3 for mike miller?

i really doubt that the grizzlies are going to ship out one of their bright spots for a couple of players they know arent good :nope

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
The Clippers don't have to trade Maggette. He's requested a trade, that's it. It's not a league imperative that such requests are honored. The Players' Association won't get in a snit if he doesn't get traded. LAC will look around and see if there's anything they like, but they'd be best served waiting until summer.

Allow me to clarify. When I said the Clippers have to trade him, I meant that if they had their druthers, they certainly would rather not have the Maggette situation looming over their team. To my knowledge, he's not been a distraction or a malcontent yet, but everyone knows he wants out.

Obviously they do not have to accomodate him and they could very well wait until the summer if they don't get a deal they like, yet they do seem very motivated to move him. Also remember, this is still the Clippers. They may be motivated enough to take 0.50 or 0.75 on the dollar for Maggette.