PDA

View Full Version : Spurstalk needs to BELIEVE again!

dknights411
01-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Time to get the mojo going. Now is NOT the time to give up. This board has a lot more to do with the Spurs success than we believe. We believed last year, and we came within seconds of pulling off the impossible. If your just a bandwagon Spurs fan, then get the fuck out of here. We don't need you. But if you are a TRUE Spurs fan, then now's the time to rally. The Spurs do NOT need second guessing and nay-saying right now. They need to BELEIVE again, and so do we!

I still believe. Do you?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM
gtfo

themvp
01-05-2007, 10:49 PM
What are you talking about? Some of you just need to calm down.

It's January. Don't panic.

Texas_Ranger
01-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I believe, but that will not make the team better. They need to work even harder and prove that they are the champs.

dknights411
01-05-2007, 10:51 PM
What are you talking about? Some of you just need to calm down.

It's January. Don't panic.

I know that. I'm just trying to get some positive mojo going here. Don't know if it's gonna work though, but there no harm in trying to get some Spurs spirit in here.

KB24
01-05-2007, 10:53 PM
BELIEVE , PRAY, CRY, GET MAD

IT WON'T HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUT A FORK ON THE SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

dallaskd
01-05-2007, 10:54 PM
beliving is good but what you guys really need to do is trade duncan,bowen,barry for garnett

MWILL
01-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Time to get the mojo going. Now is NOT the time to give up. This board has a lot more to do with the Spurs success than we believe. We believed last year, and we came within seconds of pulling off the impossible. If your just a bandwagon Spurs fan, then get the fuck out of here. We don't need you. But if you are a TRUE Spurs fan, then now's the time to rally. The Spurs do NOT need second guessing and nay-saying right now. They need to BELEIVE again, and so do we!

I still believe. Do you?

Who the fuck are you? PETER PAN? :lol

baseline bum
I believe the Spurs have to do something to get some rebounding help at the SF or PF. The Spurs are not going to beat Dallas in the playoffs if they don't do something serious to fix their rebounding issues. It wouldn't hurt to get a competent backup point either... basically, the two things I complained about all summer.

Texas_Ranger
beliving is good but what you guys really need to do is trade duncan,bowen,barry for garnett

Spurs will never trade Duncan.

Tek_XX
01-05-2007, 10:57 PM
How the hell is believing going to make this team better??

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2007, 10:57 PM
How are we expected to believe in the team if they don't even believe in themselves?

dallaskd
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Spurs will never trade Duncan.

i would if it means getting kevin garnett.

Borosai
01-05-2007, 10:59 PM
This team, as is, is not a championship team. Bulee-dat!

Extra Stout
01-05-2007, 11:00 PM
What is this Jiminy Cricket bullcrap? I'm sorry, a freaking message board does not have anything to do with whether the Spurs win or lose.

Now, things like REBOUNDING and NOT HAVING HALF THE TEAM ELIGIBLE FOR MEDICARE and NOT HAVING FAIRY ASS SLOVENIANS might have an impact.

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2007, 11:03 PM
i dont believe in the spurs no more

not the way t his team is built this year and performance

alot of ppl need to go seriously....

midgetonadonkey
01-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Bravatars!!!!

pseudofan
01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
poor offensive decisions
manu's wild but lucky plays
poor freethrow shooting from the team's go to person
these are some of the things that help us lose games.

I BELIEVE:
That the spurs need to loose their mount rushmore offensive ball movement
That the spurs need to make better offseason decisions and procure some proven talent instead of prospective talent
That the spurs need to realize that you can't cover stale crackahs for a while and expect them to fresh again later on-stop picking up and playing has beens
That the spurs will be watching a vast majority of the 2007 playoffs at home like the rest of us.....

Thank you

Spurologist
01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Believe is on vacation.

When you have a coach that runs a play out of timeout to Finley, a player who now relies prayer for his shots to fall, only for him to shoot a fadeaway contested jumper, believe is gasping for air.

When star player doesn't demand that ball against pampers in the low post, believe is fucked over.

When your most glaring deficiency (rebounding) is actually a plus. Hey you out rebound Dallas 41-33 but then your coach decides to run SMALL fucking ball with tp-manu-FIN-Bowen-Td and again allow Dallas to comeback and grab the game. Again td pulls a turtle and hides his ass away from Dirkie inside. When this happens believe couldn't be further away.

When you ignore necessary lineup changes, you get fucked big time. Today's loss was a prime example. TD should never guard Dirk. Oberto should have increased minutes with TD coming over for help D. Why not play Bonner on Dirk? Nothing else has worked pop.

Believe will be back when Pop seeks therapy and reads the lattest edition of Basketball Coaching for Dummies. READ THE 'OFFENSIVE' PART, Popovich.

"Maybe the spurs are done. They are not good enough" FUCK THAT.

SPURS 06-07 NBA CHAMPIONS

dav4463
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
It is still only January. This team is in a bad stretch right now, but it will get better.

ShoogarBear
01-05-2007, 11:37 PM
This sounds like last year after Detroit handed them their asses.

And the people who said then the Spurs didn't have what it takes were right.

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 11:39 PM

:lol Except they were right for the wrong reasons. They expected the Pistons to kick their asses in the Finals, not the Mavs in the second round.

With the way the current team is built, I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns ended up beating the Spurs before the Mavs get a chance...

dknights411
01-05-2007, 11:39 PM

Losing in game 7 in overtime does NOT equal not having "what it takes" in my book.

ShoogarBear
01-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Different standards, I guess.

Second round playoff losses in the Tim Duncan era = underachievement.

carina_gino20
01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
24 posts and still no one's said it.

I Believe the Spurs will win the championship in June.

ShoogarBear
01-05-2007, 11:49 PM
24 posts and still no one's said it.

I Believe the Spurs will win the championship in June.The reason nobody's said it is because there's been no factual evidence on the court this year to back it up.

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 11:53 PM
The reason nobody's said it is because there's been no factual evidence on the court this year to back it up.

I disagree. After Game 1 on Nov. 2nd, 2006 there was factual evidence that indicated the Spurs will win it all this season.

Game 2 on Nov. 4th, 2006 negated this.

:lol

Budkin
01-05-2007, 11:54 PM
i would if it means getting kevin garnett.

Garnett is an overhyped loser. No fucking way I would trade Timmy for his sorry ass.

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2007, 11:55 PM
tim duncan better enjoy not makin all nba/defense teams or passing the first round this year........

dknights411
01-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Different standards, I guess.

Second round playoff losses in the Tim Duncan era = underachievement.

I guess it really is different standards.

In the end, it's just sports. Yes, it's about talent, but it's also about luck. If a couple of breaks go one way or another, then the Spurs could have easily won anywhere from 0 to 5 or 6 in the Tim Duncan era. If another team beats you by a shot or two, it doesn't mean you underacheive. If you get completly blown out, however, then we have a different story, and even with our lineup today, with all of it's negatives, you're gonna have a hell of a time blowing out the Spurs. All I ask for my teams, in any sport, is to play hard, stay competitive, and give yourself a chance to win. I guess all this makes me a really big pussy, huh? Oh well. Unless I control the game's outcome myself, there's no use to go into angst mode over one loss.

That went on a bit longer than I expected, didn't it?