PDA

View Full Version : All I ask

Walton Buys Off Me
01-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah I'm pissed at the loss but whatever, get over it- the better team won. Props to Dallas.

Just please, please, please nobody in here better EVER mention the name of Tim Duncan is the same breath as Dirk Nowitzki again. The discrepancy between these two players is so glaring now, it's totally ridiculous.

And....I say this last bit not trying to incite any banter but Gregg Popovich needs to be replaced as head coach. Dallas was making a momentum-turning late third quarter run and Pop takes Parker and Ginobili out of the game....? The guy defies logic, I'm sorry. The mere fact that Beno Udrih continues to see the floor is maybe the most insane thing I've ever seen in my fifteen+ years of watching basketball.

Pop's inability to make in-game adjustments and Tim Duncan's decline into mediocrity have the Spurs as a lower-tier playoff team and that's the unfortunate reality.

I'm not trying to stir the pot but this is the sad truth.

Dallas/Chicago in the Finals

Walton out for 2007

Marcus Bryant
01-05-2007, 10:54 PM
The forum wants to move away from 4 down. When the team does and loses, then the forum complains about that. Rinse. Repeat.

Texas_Ranger
Chicago in the finals - Yea right.

SequSpur
I don't think Duncan has declined that much. His supporting cast is shitty. He plays best now running high/low and when they go small, he is totally ineffective. During the first half, Duncan and Oberto were owning Robinson's Neighborhood. Then Oberto had to go relieve the third shift selling beer and made it back for the last play.

Duncan, Parker and Manu are surrounded by a bunch of shitholes.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Chicago in the finals - Yea right.

it's very possible they can make it

the east is pitiful

KB24
01-05-2007, 10:56 PM
DIRK>>>>>>>>TIMMY

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

xamila rey
01-05-2007, 10:57 PM
the big three play well ,
bowen did a good job, and oberto helped the team with some scoring.
besides them, who else played decent?

dknights411
01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah I'm pissed at the loss but whatever, get over it- the better team won. Props to Dallas.

Just please, please, please nobody in here better EVER mention the name of Tim Duncan is the same breath as Dirk Nowitzki again.

I'll give this more though in the playoffs, but for now... *deep breath*

Yeah, Dirk is great, but I would still rather have Duncan on the floor.
*dodges oncoming attacks*

SPURS vs NBA media
01-05-2007, 11:04 PM
i'm pissed i don't care how bad barry and finley played they need to be on the floor at the end we needed 3 POINTS

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't think Duncan has declined that much. His supporting cast is shitty. He plays best now running high/low and when they go small, he is totally ineffective. During the first half, Duncan and Oberto were owning Robinson's Neighborhood. Then Oberto had to go relieve the third shift selling beer and made it back for the last play.

:tu Damn, I agree with Sequ's entire post sentence for sentence.

Why are people calling out Duncan after tonight's game?? Aside from the missed FT's, which let's face it Spurs fans should just come to expect, Duncan did not have a bad game. Of course he didn't pull out 30+ points like Dirk, but that's because Mavs were double teaming him. He did the right thing passing it out to guys. Problem is, it's easy for the Mavs to hold in 3 players in check. Dirk can score 30 points because we don't have a single guy who can defend him and we can't double/triple team him when he has team mates like Howard, Terry, Harris who are also making their shots.

Budkin
01-05-2007, 11:06 PM

Sequ nailed it. Dead on.

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Damn, I was like almost a 100% sure the Spurs were going to win tonight. They had everything going in their favor. Determination after losing 2 straight, catching the Mavs on a back to back, a home game, 2 days of rest....:(

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2007, 11:09 PM
tim duncan and the spurs < one man team aka KG wolves, tmac or yao led rockets

thats just a disgrace.

Dr J
01-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey 1Parker1

Good game. No injuries.

Duncan is an excellent player. He is slightly less athletic with less stamina than a few years ago, but his major problem is the lack of a defensive center. In my opinion, he flourishes with a defensive post presence. If he continues to work this hard, he will wear down as the season goes on and may reinjure his foot.

The Spurs looked like the team on the second night of a back-to-back. Age and a short rotation appears to be catching up to them -- Horry and Finley, need I say more. Ginobilli was better than I expected; he is a gamer.

John

Nero
01-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Then Oberto had to go relieve the third shift selling beer and made it back for the last play.

:lol

angryllama
01-05-2007, 11:27 PM

Just please, please, please nobody in here better EVER mention the name of Tim Duncan is the same breath as Dirk Nowitzki again. The discrepancy between these two players is so glaring now, it's totally ridiculous.

And....I say this last bit not trying to incite any banter but Gregg Popovich needs to be replaced as head coach. Dallas was making a momentum-turning late third quarter run and Pop takes Parker and Ginobili out of the game....? The guy defies logic, I'm sorry. The mere fact that Beno Udrih continues to see the floor is maybe the most insane thing I've ever seen in my fifteen+ years of watching basketball.

Pop's inability to make in-game adjustments and Tim Duncan's decline into mediocrity have the Spurs as a lower-tier playoff team and that's the unfortunate reality.

I'm not trying to stir the pot but this is the sad truth.

Dallas/Chicago in the Finals

Walton out for 2007

I made a post on this site sometime last summer about the idea that Duncan is in slow decline, and how that idea has truth to it. The results are lending truth to that idea.

Dirk is entering his prime, and Duncan is in slow decline. They are on opposite ends near the peak of the same curve.

Dirk is the best forward in the game.

boutons_
01-05-2007, 11:38 PM
"Why are people calling out Duncan after tonight's game??"

Spurs missed 10 FTs, lose by 5, Tim missed 7 FTs.
Tim turned it over in crunch time, to a reach by Dirk.
Tim missed FT in crunch time.

Several times Mavs penetrated and I now reflexively looked for Tim.
He was not in position and made no effort to recover,
not wanting any part of the action.

Tim played 39 minutes and got only 7 RBs.

Of the Big3, Tim's leg of the tripod was the weakest.

v2freak
01-05-2007, 11:40 PM

He got knocked out of his rhythm. In the last 3 minutes, Manu got it to Duncan and Duncan scored just like that. The rebounding is a problem for sure, as are the FTs. But Duncan needs to start demanding the ball. The 4th quarter should be his time; look at friggin Nowitzki. He took 23 shots

bdictjames
We need practice, and Duncan needs to shoot the ball more the next game. I dont care if we lose as long as he takes 30 shots to boost up his confidence Im happy. But dont do the same to Finley

v2freak
DIRK>>>>>>>>TIMMY

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

COLORADO > KOBE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rolleyes

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 11:43 PM

The missed FT's I'll give you. However, Duncan's been missing them his whole career. You can't blame Tim for the Mavs easy penetration. He was basically the only one in the middle, Horry was completely useless especially on defense. Oberto was grabbing rebounds in the first half, but I don't know what happened to him in the second half...Pop decided to go more with Horry it seemed.

Of the Big3, Tim was the weakest?? But therein lies the problem, no one outside of Parker, Duncan, and Manu were doing shit out there. Of course that makes it easy for the Mavs to defend and keep the basket out of their hands....

ponky
01-05-2007, 11:45 PM
it's very possible they can make it

the east is pitiful

yup and it looks like the KG trade may actually happen...maybe

MannyIsGod
01-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Tonight Duncan's main issue was not attacking Dirk and instead relegating to the supporting cast. Yeah, they are flat out sucking right now, but its on Tim to have some aggressiveness in those situations. The moment he see's Dirk on him he should be thinking DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE. And where has Tim's 15 foot bankshot gone to? That shot was very effective in creating space for him but he rarely uses it now.

Tim was far too passive tonight in situations when Dirk was guarding him through out the 2nd half. That was a huge reason Dallas was able to come back.

MannyIsGod
01-05-2007, 11:48 PM
And why the fuck couldn't Bonner get some god damn burn? You mean to tell me he was incapable of doing what Horry did(n't).

SequSpur
01-05-2007, 11:53 PM
And why the fuck couldn't Bonner get some god damn burn? You mean to tell me he was incapable of doing what Horry did(n't).

:lmao

You know you need to go to spuritis counseling when you call for Bonner......

:lol

Manny you're killing me... :lmao

1Parker1
01-05-2007, 11:56 PM
:lol Sequ has a point. Whoever thought Spurs fans would be BEGGING Pop to give Matt Bonner more playing time....

TDfan2007
01-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Tim shooting only 11 times in any game is just stupid. He needs to be more aggressive especially when nobody else except for Manu is doing anything out there. It pisses me off because almost every time these teams play it seems as though the Mavs make the big plays down the stretch not the Spurs. Tim needs to nut up and start leading this team and averaging 14 shots and grabbing only 10 rebounds won't cut it.

davemaniscool
01-06-2007, 12:41 AM

Norinski's stats
FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS
251-509 .493 26-66 .394 218-242 .901 1.5 8.0 9.5 .59 .72 2.22 2.09 3.1 23.3

Tim's stats
FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS
261-469 .557 0-3 .000 153-239 .640 2.8 7.4 10.2 .82 1.94 2.85 2.48 3.2 20.5

You're right. The discrepancy is freaking huge. The glaring discrepancy is FT%: 90% vs. 64%. No surprise there.

Dirk41MVP
01-06-2007, 01:01 AM
i laugh so hard, y'all bitched about rasho and nazr and now your centers suck defensively. Yes, they are better offensively but rebounding and defending they pretty much suck... so much for the nazr and rasho hate HAHAHAHA

nobodi_home
01-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Duncan, Parker and Manu are surrounded by a bunch of shitholes.[/QUOTE]

Totally misses the picture. Duncan Parker and Ginobli ARE the problem, but I certainly won't call them shitholes. but they throw the ball away and take more stupid shots than anyone else on the team.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Good riddance, Walton.

See you next loss.

Budkin
01-06-2007, 02:38 AM
i laugh so hard, y'all bitched about rasho and nazr and now your centers suck defensively. Yes, they are better offensively but rebounding and defending they pretty much suck... so much for the nazr and rasho hate HAHAHAHA

Well we really only had one center tonight. Elson would have helped defensively.

peskypesky
01-06-2007, 10:55 AM
I say this last bit not trying to incite any banter but Gregg Popovich needs to be replaced as head coach. Dallas was making a momentum-turning late third quarter run and Pop takes Parker and Ginobili out of the game....? The guy defies logic, I'm sorry. The mere fact that Beno Udrih continues to see the floor is maybe the most insane thing I've ever seen in my fifteen+ years of watching basketball.

Totally agree that Poopavitch needs his ass fired. He's pathetic. He's a moron. His "coaching" decisions continue to fly in the face of all logic.

And yeah, Duncan is on the decline, while Dirk is reaching god-like heights. The weird thing is, Duncan's only a year older, right?? So why is it that he looks ten years older than Dirk out there?

Then again, Duncan has three rings and three Finals MVP's, while Dirk has none, so.....

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Look at it like this:

Popovich is Parcells - relying on older, slower, more experienced players because for whatever reason he doesn't trust younger, quicker athletic players. He's built his trademark around defense. Ironically, it is now the DEFENSE (a strategy that he built) and those players that he chose that are now failing him. His system is flawed because he no longer has the players to make it work. He failed to supplement the talent level by integrating some youth and athleticism.

Avery, on the other hand, is Sean Payton. AJ is a disciple of the Pop system. Knows it well. Studies his mentor's squad and knows exactly where they are vulnerable. It is AJ, much like Payton, who is smart enough and cunning enough to know how, when and where to exploit his former team. He's made the right player moves and like Payton, he's instilled a mental toughness and hunger in his squad. They attack, attack and attack.

It's clear, the student has now pimped the teacher. This time it's happened with the Spurs - not the Cowboys.

wildbill2u
01-06-2007, 11:57 AM

Add to it that he's missing ALL the close-in shots where he gets fouled--even a little wimpy hit. He should be on an 'and one' at least part of the time, but he can't finish close to the basket. Then he misses his FTs.

Anyone remember the play where the ball was knocked out of his hands and was rolling toward the right corner. He didn't make even a half-hearted effort to go get it until a Mav player went past him onto the floor for it. Sad.

Good first half--terrible second half. Dallas papers are making fun of him about Avery's ploy to call 'double team' and Tim not realizing they weren't doubling. Is that an All Star veteran reaction?

GrandeDavid
01-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Its January, and we've seen this type of listless, soft play traditionally in Januarys over several past years. Get over it. The Spurs will be ready come playoff time. There will be no easy outs. Duncan's game will be gleaming come May. I just got back from Paris a few hours ago and can attest to the love Tony and the Spurs get in France now. Not that that has anything to do with this thread.

td4mvp21
01-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Look at it like this:

Popovich is Parcells - relying on older, slower, more experienced players because for whatever reason he doesn't trust younger, quicker athletic players. He's built his trademark around defense. Ironically, it is now the DEFENSE (a strategy that he built) and those players that he chose that are now failing him. His system is flawed because he no longer has the players to make it work. He failed to supplement the talent level by integrating some youth and athleticism.

Avery, on the other hand, is Sean Payton. AJ is a disciple of the Pop system. Knows it well. Studies his mentor's squad and knows exactly where they are vulnerable. It is AJ, much like Payton, who is smart enough and cunning enough to know how, when and where to exploit his former team. He's made the right player moves and like Payton, he's instilled a mental toughness and hunger in his squad. They attack, attack and attack.

It's clear, the student has now pimped the teacher. This time it's happened with the Spurs - not the Cowboys.

Probably one of the best analogies I've ever seen.