PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Mavericks.......I went to the game, my thoughts

lebomb
01-06-2007, 12:06 AM
I told my wife before tip off, if Tim Duncan doesnt score 25-30 pts we would lose, I was right.......secondly, The Mavericks ARE better than the Spurs team wise. Their starting 5 are overall better than our starting 5 period. No excuses, they are just younger and better. I really dont see the starting lineup we have now taking the Mavericks down in a 7 game series.

We need to get younger legs out there at several positions.......we need James White minimum.

Horry is gone, Finley is not far behind him and we cant rely on Bowen or Beno to do much.......also Berry was a no show.

Maybe Im too pessimistic....but, I just dont like how the team is flowing offensively at all. They look like a shell of the teams we had the last 3yrs.

Anyone else have similar thoughts????

We need to make some changes I think. :depressed

supaphly119
01-06-2007, 12:07 AM
i'm so glad i sold my tickets for this game.

Nero
01-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Their starting 5 are overall better than our starting 5 period.

Yup, it really is a testament to TD's greatness and Pop's coaching that we hung in with them last year IMO.

lebomb
01-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Yup, it really is a testament to TD's greatness and Pop's coaching that we hung in with them last year IMO.

Well, let me clarify.....Tim, Tony and Manu are awesome......but, the supporting cast is lacking big time. I like oberto.....but Barry is to inconsistant, Finley is done (thats why the Mavs dumped him), Horry has run his course, Beno.....well, he is good periodically........we need to start playing younger guys like Jackie Butler and James White.........also we need to dump some old dead weight.

Dont hate :nope .....Im just voicing my opinion. :bang

supaphly119
01-06-2007, 12:22 AM
beno is about as useful as a cock-flavored lollipop.