PDA

View Full Version : Kobe 8 pts only

lefty
01-06-2007, 03:51 AM
The Lakers, with Kobe scoring only 8 (but dishing 10 assists) and without Odom, scoring 123 pts :clap against Nuggets
Nice ; they are playing really well

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-06-2007, 04:00 AM
the _enver Nuggets suck :lol

Im dieing watching this team play without Melo and Jr. Sure they wont help our D but the reliance on scrubs to play 30-40 minutes and score a bunch is killing them.

Its guaranteed that the Nuggs will face a top tier team in the 1st round of the playoffs on the road, they arent winning anymore games without Melo and JR

lefty
01-06-2007, 04:00 AM
yeah, hopefully with Melo back they'll get better

Pero
01-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Funny, Lebron also scored just 8 points tonight and the Cavs also won.

KB24
01-06-2007, 10:39 AM
:toast

Chris Childs
01-06-2007, 10:47 AM
:toast
:ihit

JamStone
01-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Not a defining moment, but a representation of Kobe's maturation and development as a player and leader. He was shooting the ball poorly, so he only took 9 shots. Granted, it was in only 26 minutes of play. But, to also have 10 assists says alot. And, his team wins. Very nice game for Kobe.

LA24
01-06-2007, 11:06 AM
The Lakers, with Kobe scoring only 8 (but dishing 10 assists) and without Odom

...without Kwame Brown either. Both out for few more weeks...

TDMVPDPOY
01-06-2007, 11:17 AM
its called stat padding up the other cats, and blowin out the other team in the next game...

NBA Junkie
01-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm enjoying the Nuggets struggles at the moment. Every loss pretty much guarantees that Utah wins the northwest.

Even with Melo and JR due back, they're still a first round and out playoff team!

Now, I'll patiently wait for that Nuggets fan to rip the Timberwolves :lol

1Parker1
01-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Not a defining moment, but a representation of Kobe's maturation and development as a player and leader. He was shooting the ball poorly, so he only took 9 shots. Granted, it was in only 26 minutes of play. But, to also have 10 assists says alot. And, his team wins. Very nice game for Kobe.

Kobe had 40 points and 9 assists last game, I believe. If Lakers continue to do well, I'd put Kobe as the #2 MVP, behind Dirk. The fact that Kobe has managed to turn his game so that he gets people involved first and then has the ability to just take over at the end of quarters to help an Odom-less, Kwame-less, Smush Parker starting team win games and stay well above .500 in the tough West says a lot.

Still, after last night, Dirk is without a doubt the league MVP. His defense is there, his rebounding is there, his shooting is there and he's the best player on the best team in the league.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm enjoying the Nuggets struggles at the moment. Every loss pretty much guarantees that Utah wins the northwest.

Even with Melo and JR due back, they're still a first round and out playoff team!

Now, I'll patiently wait for that Nuggets fan to rip the Timberwolves :lol

:lol I can't rip anything at the moment. The Nuggets flat out suck and will likely drop out of the playoff race till Melo gets back.

The Wolves are playing good ball, the Nugget are not.

Bob Lanier
01-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Yakhouba Diawara is the long 3 the Spurs have been looking for.

Barry for Diawara - get it done, Pop!

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Yakhouba Diawara is the long 3 the Spurs have been looking for.

Barry for Diawara - get it done, Pop!

:lol not a chance

The front office is so high on this kid, and for good reason. His D is great and is always improving as he adjusts to the NBA and his shot is looking better. Of course he wont be relied on as much offensively when Melo and Jr come back.

NBA Junkie
01-06-2007, 04:13 PM
:lol I can't rip anything at the moment. The Nuggets flat out suck and will likely drop out of the playoff race till Melo gets back.

The Wolves are playing good ball, the Nugget are not.

Be thankful that the majority of your roster isn't full of inconsistent players like Ricky Davis, Mike James, Marko Jaric, etc...

The Wolves are playing well at the moment, but they've been roller coaster all year as they'll win three, then lose three. That's inconsistency at its best. IMO, they still don't make the playoffs.

The thing that sucks is that if the Wolves play well enough and finish out of the top ten worst teams, they have to lose that first round pick to the Clippers. They also owe the Celts a first round pick. Damn McHale!

That's why I'm still in favor of trading Garnett, so they can compensate for the lack of first round picks they're losing. If he opts out after next season, the Wolves could be set back another 3-4 years without anything in return.

As much as I rip the Nuggets for acquiring Iverson, they needed to take a risk as they needed to narrow the gap between them and the top three. Who knows, if Iverson can defer to Melo and concentrate on the intangibles of making the supporting cast better, the trade could very well work out.

Good luck!

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Be thankful that the majority of your roster isn't full of inconsistent players like Ricky Davis, Mike James, Marko Jaric, etc...

The Wolves are playing well at the moment, but they've been roller coaster all year as they'll win three, then lose three. That's inconsistency at its best. IMO, they still don't make the playoffs.

The thing that sucks is that if the Wolves play well enough and finish out of the top ten worst teams, they have to lose that first round pick to the Clippers. They also owe the Celts a first round pick. Damn McHale!

That's why I'm still in favor of trading Garnett, so they can compensate for the lack of first round picks they're losing. If he opts out after next season, the Wolves could be set back another 3-4 years without anything in return.

I think the Wolves could sneak into the playoffs (it would be awesome to see 3 NW teams in the playoffs, a sure turn around from last season), but it does sound like the Wolves would be best to trade KG coz there is no point getting to the playoffs just to lose in 1st round (something Kg and Melo have in common :lol ).

If the Bulls want KG then th wolves could end up with a great team that can win now but also be young enough to be even better in the long run.

IMHO Minny owes it to KG to get him to a contender. Im not sure if the Bulls are contenders yet but id rather see him there than on the Lakers :lol

As much as I rip the Nuggets for acquiring Iverson, they needed to take a risk as they needed to narrow the gap between them and the top three. Who knows, if Iverson can defer to Melo and concentrate on the intangibles of making the supporting cast better, the trade could very well work out.

yeh. it was definately a risk the Nuggets needed to take. The team they had was simply a 1st round exit playoff team. Jr was making some difference with his outside shooting but not enough to make the Nuggets a contender.

AI is struggling in his last few games but i think its coz its pretty much like he is back in Philly right now, in terms of the talent he is playing with. JR will be back on Wednesday (vs Spurs) which will give him more help and then Melo is back in 5 games after that.

It will all work out well in the end but its tough to watch your team get beat down every night and know that it isnt going to change till your two scorers get back. Its been way to easy for teams to suffocate AI coz they know noone else can hit a shot consistently.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-06-2007, 05:08 PM
At this point the Lakers are a much better team than the Spurs, Nuggets, Rockets or whoever ...

Any team is better than the Nuggets at the moment :lol

Lakers aren't better than the Spurs or Rockets (when Yao is back) though and the Lakers certainly aren't up to the Mavs standard. Im talking about a 7 game series.

LakeShow
01-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Any team is better than the Nuggets at the moment :lol

Lakers aren't better than the Spurs or Rockets (when Yao is back) though and the Lakers certainly aren't up to the Mavs standard. Im talking about a 7 game series.

A healthy Lakers team is more than capable of defeating the Mavs in a 7 game series! A healthy Rockets squad would be a tough matchup for the Lakers but winnable.

mavs>spurs2
01-06-2007, 09:04 PM
A healthy Lakers team is more than capable of defeating the Mavs in a 7 game series! A healthy Rockets squad would be a tough matchup for the Lakers but winnable.

The mavs are the best team in the league now, there's no way in hell they lose to the lakers in a 7 game series. Keep dreaming, the lakers have ALOT to prove before they even think of being considered a contender.

ShackO
01-06-2007, 09:38 PM
The mavs are the best team in the league now, there's no way in hell they lose to the lakers in a 7 game series. Keep dreaming, the lakers have ALOT to prove before they even think of being considered a contender.

Hey.............. Stop crushing the pO' boyz illusion.... :dizzy @ least give him the weekend.................lol

ShackO
01-06-2007, 09:40 PM
At this point the Lakers are a much better team than the Spurs, Nuggets, Rockets or whoever ...

WTF??????

:lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin

Kori Ellis
01-06-2007, 09:58 PM
ShackO - Please take the video out of your sig? The NBA doesn't allow any unauthorized game video. Thanks.

LakeShow
01-06-2007, 10:16 PM

exactly, NOW. At the end of the year it will be a different story. The Lakers own the MAVS! We look at the Mavs like we look at the kings. Not a threat!

In a seven game series against the Mavs, the pressure will be on the MAVS, seeing that they have never beaten any laker team in a playoff series. The question will be to the mavs, "Can they get over the laker hex and finally get a win, etc..etc..,??? We all know how the Mavs react under pressure. :lol

LA24
01-07-2007, 05:29 AM

No offense...but I don't care what your records says right now...I absolutely have no fear of your Dallas team. I'd rather play you guys than a healthy Houston or Spurs team.

Plus when Lakers won there last 2 titles...they didn't even go into the playoffs with the best record. So you can flaunt your record and winning streak all you want...but it won't mean a thing if you don't get the ring.

dirk4mvp
01-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Plus when Lakers won there last 2 titles...they didn't even go into the playoffs with the best record.

I hear they had a pretty good center. What was his name again? Do yall still got him?

LA24
01-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Dirk...he's the best player on the best team in the league.

I'd save this comment for June.

Mavs fan are all walking with their chins in the air...but we all remember the Sac Kings...going into the playoffs as the #1 seed only to lose to the Lakers in WCF. :lol

2Cleva
01-07-2007, 01:37 PM
I hear they had a pretty good center. What was his name again? Do yall still got him?

No, we have his replacement. You'll get a good introduction to him today.

dirk4mvp
01-07-2007, 02:05 PM
No, we have his replacement. You'll get a good introduction to him today.

Who? Some fucking scrub who doesn't amount to anything? Which is what all of the Laker's "big men" equal to.

dirk4mvp
01-07-2007, 02:07 PM
I'd save this comment for June.

Mavs fan are all walking with their chins in the air...but we all remember the Sac Kings...going into the playoffs as the #1 seed only to lose to the Lakers in WCF. :lol

The Mavs aren't the Kings and those aren't the same lakers. LOL @ your stupid ass if you think the lakers could beat the Mavs in a playoff series.

LA24
01-07-2007, 03:21 PM
LOL @ your stupid ass if you think the lakers could beat the Mavs in a playoff series.

You're the stupid ass that can't read. I never said the Lakers could (or couldn't) beat the Mavs in the playoffs. I said I would rather face you guys than a healthy Spurs team or Houston team.

So STFU you ringless-virgin.

LakeShow
01-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Who? Some fucking scrub who doesn't amount to anything? Which is what all of the Laker's "big men" equal to.

Is that all you got? NONSENSE!

Brown/Bynum - 16.5 PPG, 12.1 RPG, 3.2 APG, 2.85 BPG, 2.41 SPG
Dampier/Diop - 10.6 PPG, 13 RPG, .6 APG, 2.59 BPG, .67 SPG

NEXT!

LA24
01-07-2007, 11:54 PM
LOL @ your stupid ass if you think the lakers could beat the Mavs in a playoff series.

Btw, YES, I do think Lakers could beat Dallas in a 7 game series. :ihit

dirk4mvp
01-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Is that all you got? NONSENSE!

Brown/Bynum - 16.5 PPG, 12.1 RPG, 3.2 APG, 2.85 BPG, 2.41 SPG
Dampier/Diop - 10.6 PPG, 13 RPG, .6 APG, 2.59 BPG, .67 SPG

NEXT!

So you're obviously saying Brown and Bynum rolled into one big pussy is better than Damp and Diop. ha fucking ha. Shouldn't the #1 overall pick be putting up much better stats that what he is putting up?

Pero
01-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Shouldn't the #1 overall pick be putting up much better stats that what he is putting up?

He wasn`t their pick...

LakeShow
01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
So you're obviously saying Brown and Bynum rolled into one big pussy is better than Damp and Diop. ha fucking ha. Shouldn't the #1 overall pick be putting up much better stats that what he is putting up?

Well you said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk4mvp

I can't say that they are better but I can say that collectively they are putting up better numbers than the Mavs centers.

Jerry Stackhouse
01-08-2007, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=1Parker1
Still, after last night, Dirk is without a doubt the league MVP. His defense is there, his rebounding is there, his shooting is there and he's the best player on the best team in the league.[/QUOTE]

Kobe had 81 points in one game. That is enough for Kobe to get the mvp. Dirk has far better support including a borderline all-star coming off the bench. I wish I could play for Kobe.

1Parker1
01-08-2007, 04:29 PM
:lol Kobe scored 81 last season, that has no relevance on his chances of winning for this year. IF the Lakers continue to win the way they are and IF Kobe continues to play this way the rest of the season, I would change my vote to him. However, I doubt he'll ever get the award, simply because no matter what he does, people will forever have the image of him as a ball hogging and selfish player. Which is unfortunate because he's basically taking a team with Sasha Vuijuic, Smush Parker, and a 19 year old Andrew Bynum and turning them into the "dark horse" of the Western Conference. I'm just not sure how much credit goes to Kobe...or Phil.

Medvedenko
01-08-2007, 06:17 PM
A healthy Laker team is dangerous, especially come playoff time. Remember, they are in the top 5 in most offensive categories and they are predominately a half-court team. They rarely run. They are very efficient and pass the ball really well.
Still, I'm enjoying the victories, however it's only January and there's a lot of burn left.

adidas11
01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
A healthy Laker team is dangerous, especially come playoff time. Remember, they are in the top 5 in most offensive categories and they are predominately a half-court team. They rarely run. They are very efficient and pass the ball really well.
Still, I'm enjoying the victories, however it's only January and there's a lot of burn left.

Agreed. Plus, I'm still not thrilled with their road record at the moment. For the Lakers to be a true threat in the playoffs, they must have the confidence and game plan to win consistently on the road, against playoff caliber teams.

I think we'll really see the teams true colors (hopefully for the better) come end of February/beginning of March.

Jerry Stackhouse
01-12-2007, 12:48 AM
I agree with Kobe's scoring average what can be better? I wish I could play on Kobe's team.