PDA

View Full Version : Eric Williams

jcrod
01-06-2007, 05:50 AM
Can someone explain to me why he's not being used? If Pop wants to be stubburn with small ball, why not put him in as pf and see what happens. Horry has sucked for two yrs know, Bowen has lost a step and his defense is not what it use to be and his offense is horrible.

I haven't been able to see many Spurs games this yr, but the two games I have seem Erik in he was very effective. I'm tired of Pops horrible lineups. Beno, Finely, Bowen, Horry, and Oberto should never be on the floor together, what kind of lineup was that.

Also why are we not going to Finely in the post every now and then to get him going. I know he did a bad fade away on Terry, but he use to be effective in the post. Put Barry at point, I'm tired of Beno shooting bricks and forcing his damn shot. Take freaking Horry out completely.

This team is sad to watch, if they don't turn it around we're looking at another second round exist.

Texas_Ranger
01-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Williams and James White're probaly better than Horry, Beno and Finley right now. They are not playing because Pop sucks.

MannyIsGod
01-06-2007, 08:44 AM
If Pop isn't even going to try Bonner - who has played very well lately - on the court during small ball, then what makes you think he's going to look even deeper down the bench?

MannyIsGod
01-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Oh, and fuck Finley in the post. It turns the offense into shit.

peskypesky
01-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Because Poopavitch is a stubborn moron. His "coaching" has been atrocious for years now. I'm beginning to think he's on Cuban's payroll.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Eric Williams is a good player. I've been saying it ever since we traded for him. He can help us out a lot. I don't know why the fuck Pop wants to turn a former 13ppg and 5rpg guy into a fuckin 12th man.

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Hmmmmm. Let's see.

Robert Horry - 20 minutes, 0 points.
Brent Barry - 19 mins, 2 pts
Mike Finley - 20 mins 6 pts

Matt Bonner - 2 mins?
Eric Williams - DNP?
Jacque Vaugh - DNP

What's wrong with this picture? If your normal backups are playing well, how about trying someone else. I venture to say Bonner, Williams and Vaughn could have fared no worse than the rest of those spares.

T Park
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Eric Williams is a good player. I've been saying it ever since we traded for him. He can help us out a lot. I don't know why the fuck Pop wants to turn a former 13ppg and 5rpg guy into a fuckin 12th man.

Amen.

I said it the day the trade was made.

Everyone wanted to quickly trade him or cut him and I said hold the phone. This guy, CAN play still, and is what we need vs Dallas.

Too bad Pop is too stuck on Brent Barry, Finley and the stiff Oberto.

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Amen.

Everyone wanted to quickly trade him or cut him and I said hold the phone. This guy, CAN play still, and is what we need vs Dallas.

Hey Williams made me a believer during his short stints early this season. He may be 33 or 34, but he can obviously still play - and he doesn't mind getting down and playing some lock up defense. At this point, I'd rather have him in the game over Finley or Barry.

td4mvp21
01-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I'd give it a try at this point. He played good defense against Milwaukee and actually hit his shots. I doubt he's fast enough to give Dirk trouble but who knows. Pop won't try it though because he's a fucking stubborn idiot.

T Park
01-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey Williams made me a believer during his short stints early this season. He may be 33 or 34, but he can obviously still play - and he doesn't mind getting down and playing some lock up defense. At this point, I'd rather have him in the game over Finley or Barry.

In the games where hes been given a legitimate chance at playing, hes produced at least double figures in each.

Bullshit that he hasn't played more, and bigger bullshit

boutons_
01-06-2007, 05:29 PM
"I doubt he's fast enough to give Dirk trouble "

Since when is fast required to trouble Dirk? :)

td4mvp21
01-06-2007, 06:16 PM
"I doubt he's fast enough to give Dirk trouble "

Since when is fast required to trouble Dirk? :)

Well I guess not fast, just quick? I don't know all I know is that Dirk moves quick, whether he's driving or shooting.

Horry For 3!
01-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Amen.

Oberto dominated.....the first half.

midgetonadonkey
01-06-2007, 06:43 PM
What's wrong with this picture? If your normal backups are playing well, how about trying someone else. I venture to say Bonner, Williams and Vaughn could have fared no worse than the rest of those spares.

Pop is saving his best lineups for the playoffs.

midgetonadonkey
01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
He is using the regular season as testing grounds for his wacky experiments.

leemajors
01-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Oberto dominated.....the first half.

when he actually got... minutes....

exstatic
01-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I think Williams might play more if he didn't resemble the Stay Puft Marshmallow man. I don't think he's fit enough to run with the Mavs.

peskypesky
01-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Did anyone see the Milwaukee game a couple of weeks ago? Williams was on fire, dropping threes, driving to the hoop and getting "and-1s", stealing inbound passes...He was HOT. And then, Poopavitch decided to bench Williams and put in Beno, who did absolutely nothing with his minutes. We lost the lead, and then the game. As I've said before, Poopavitch is a thick-headed shit-for-brains who does not understand even the simplest sports strategies. You DO NOT take a hot player out of a game. Not unless he's winded or is in foul trouble.

In that game, Poopabitch also decided that since we had the lead, we should switch to "small ball" and play the 4th without a center. WHY?????????????????????????????????????????????

We were WINNING the game, Poopabitch! Not LOSING. It's when you're LOSING that you make adjustments. Not when are you WINNING. Is this so hard to understand? Has Poopabitch had a stroke that we don't know about?

I mean, he's been coaching like a turd for a few years, but this year he really has sunk to all-time depths of stupidity.

baseline bum
01-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I'd like to see Williams get Finley's minutes. I love Fin, but he's not producing, and the team doesn't have time to wait any longer. Same with Rob.

itzsoweezee
01-06-2007, 11:37 PM
You DO NOT take a hot player out of a game. Not unless he's winded or is in foul trouble.

popovich does this all the fucking time. if's one of the many reasons i hate him.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Oberto was making open layups.

The Mavericks adjusted and stopped that.

Oberto also wasn't rebounding worth a shit

4, and two on gimme wide open tips.

Once again, Id still rather Butler play, than Oberto.