PDA

View Full Version : Good game, Spurs

Imalwayshungry
01-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Know you guys came up short tonight, but c'mon... this rivalry is what sports is all about.

Close scores, game winning/losing shots, in-state rivalry, finley/aj/pops/cuban drama, hellacious crowds, smack flying, a paplable dislike between the fans, 7 game series going either way...

From a Mavs fan, thank god for the Spurs.

KB24
01-06-2007, 10:29 AM
:toast

Chris Childs
01-06-2007, 10:31 AM

:ihit

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 10:37 AM

twincam
01-06-2007, 10:39 AM
I am a San Antonio Spurs fan, and I approve this message...

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Know you guys came up short tonight, but c'mon... this rivalry is what sports is all about.

Close scores, game winning/losing shots, in-state rivalry, finley/aj/pops/cuban drama, hellacious crowds, smack flying, a paplable dislike between the fans, 7 game series going either way...

No doubt it's a great rivalry. We just wished our team was better equipped to compete at a higher level. It should be obvious to everyone by now that the Mavs have clearly passed the Spurs by. If the Spurs don't make any roster moves, they're playoff shelf-life will be a short one.

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 12:37 PM
IMO, best rivalry in the NBA.

WalterBenitez
01-06-2007, 12:43 PM

Yeah ... good game :makemyday

mabber
01-06-2007, 12:45 PM
No doubt it's a great rivalry. We just wished our team was better equipped to compete at a higher level. It should be obvious to everyone by now that the Mavs have clearly passed the Spurs by. If the Spurs don't make any roster moves, they're playoff shelf-life will be a short one.

I think I realized this for the very first time last night watching that game. I kinda expected the Spurs to win the game (because of the circumstances...back-to-back etc.) but I really wasn't that concerned about it. I had the same feeling I've had for the last several years but this was the first time I knew the Mavs were the better team. In the past, regardless of who won their games I always knew the Spurs were the better team.

With that said, it's a long season and many things can change (injuries, trades).

Go Cowboys!!!

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Up until last May, the Spurs had been the better team....I think right now, the Mavs hold that distinction.

FWIW, I think the Mavs are the best in the NBA currently.