PDA

View Full Version : My observations thus far....

twincam
01-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Alright folks, I don't post too much on here, but I do read the threads everyday. This is what I've gathered.

I will call this..."Have you noticed".....

Have you noticed...the so-called die hard rowdy Spurs fans at the AT&T center are now mediocre? I mean, the enthusiasm they've once had from 1999 - 2005 was awesome. However, last season and this season...the fans have simply been "conservative". The spirit isn't there.

Have you noticed that when the Spurs play great, they swing the ball around until they find an OPENED man get descent field goal percentages and win games. However, when they are struggling, they don't share the ball and 'try' to create isolated plays for the non-shooters (I'm sure you all know who I'm referring to). Assists go down, and percentage is horrible.

Have you noticed that when they make free throws (1st - 3rd quarters), it really isn't much of a factor from the early going (good percentage)...but when the going gets tough, they simply have a melt down in the fourth quarter to make a FREE SHOT, UNCONTESTED on crunch time when the free throws really count.

Have you noticed that Tim Duncan isn't shooting more than he really should be. The man needs to shoot AT LEAST 20 shot attempts, not 10 or so. That will not net you a for sure victory. Struggling or not, he needs to shoot. Also have you noticed just how slow he's gotten? That's not a good thing. Apparently he's 100% healthy, but I don't really see it on his slow pace.

Have you noticed that the Spurs simply cannot win at home? The fans are too quiet, because their hometeam doesn't give them much to cheer about. It should be a team effort for both in order to succeed.

Have you noticed how the Spurs play with sense of urgency on the road? Maybe they get 'too' laxed at home and take game for granted.

Have you noticed how the Spurs simply don't play serious against sub .500 teams and then end up getting embarrssed on national tv for it?

Have you noticed how Gregg Popvich doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Ex: Picking Finley to make a post up move for a possible game winning shot when he shots 38% for the season. Also, how he draws a play to allow "Red Rocket" try to pull off a game winner when he simply doesn't do it on a regular basis. I'm sure he was trying to throw off the defense on picking them...but come on....they are a liability regardless. Should have gone to the top three Tim/Manu/Tony. I just don't get it.

Have you noticed that Beno is trying to become a Steve Nash. He's got the most ugliest shot in the Spurs organization. He simply cannot wait for the offense to set up. The Spurs are an accustomed half-court team, not run and gun.

Have you noticed that Brent Barry is no longer a hero. Need I say more?

Have you noticed that Robert Horry is the most UNcoordinated person on the team? He's got terrible center of balance. He makes stupid passes when he's halfway up in the air. He's a foul prone person and he knows it yet argues calls. His rotation on defense is too damn slow. He's not showing the passion to help the team on defense.

Have you noticed that I've noticed way too much crap?

To summarize things...the Spurs always struggle throughout this time of the year. It's nothing new to us, however, it is indeed frustrating to EXPECT such an event to take place. Why couldn't all this be fixed years ago? We need a big man presense...we need Francisco Elson to come back SOON! We need Tim to rebound. We need better rotation. We need to use James White. The Spurs' are not young...they are not athletic as a team...they need to let certain people go and bring in some young prospects, soon!

BTW, please excuse any typos, I never proofread

1Parker1
01-06-2007, 11:29 AM
:tu Nice post. You should have added, Have you noticed stubborn Pop decides to continue to put Butler in the "getting ready" category and not play him? He played just fine last season under Pop's guru, Larry Brown, who has similiarly standards as Pop. Why not give him a chance? Why not give that Eric Williams a chance? Hell, why not give Bonner a chance to play more than 2 minutes in a big game? Especially if you trust him enough to make a game winning shot two nights earlier. Pop refuses to use any of the new additions to the team that were gotten during the offseason. I thought these new additions were gotten to help the Spurs beat the Mavs?????

SPURS vs NBA media
01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I was at the game last night fans were very loud,but on tv you hear it very quiet I noticed you are just another fan that has given up on the SPURS

1Parker1
01-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Have you noticed that Robert Horry is the most UNcoordinated person on the team? He's got terrible center of balance. He makes stupid passes when he's halfway up in the air. He's a foul prone person and he knows it yet argues calls. His rotation on defense is too damn slow. He's not showing the passion to help the team on defense.

Horry is the one that pisses me off the most. He's a veteran player with 6 championship rings. I know he has that thing where he doesn't play until April or whatever, but he is getting paid to play right now. Especially considering he's been getting the starting spot with Elson out, he needs to put more effort into defense. Offense he's struggling as is every other bench player. But Horry's lack of passion and interest, his slow and lazy rotatations on defense, and his constant bitching to the refs is getting really annoying to watch.

KB24
01-06-2007, 11:39 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

twincam
I was at the game last night fans were very loud,but on tv you hear it very quiet I noticed you are just never fan that has given up on the SPURS

No, I never give up on the Spurs. They are simply observations I've noticed.
I know they'll fix it, but it's frustrating to watch them lose big leads and lose.
It'll be fixed.

Chris Childs
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Alright folks, I don't post too much on here, but I do read the threads everyday. This is what I've gathered.

I will call this..."Have you noticed".....

Have you noticed...the so-called die hard rowdy Spurs fans at the AT&T center are now mediocre? I mean, the enthusiasm they've once had from 1999 - 2005 was awesome. However, last season and this season...the fans have simply been "conservative". The spirit isn't there.

Have you noticed that when the Spurs play great, they swing the ball around until they find an OPENED man get descent field goal percentages and win games. However, when they are struggling, they don't share the ball and 'try' to create isolated plays for the non-shooters (I'm sure you all know who I'm referring to). Assists go down, and percentage is horrible.

Have you noticed that when they make free throws (1st - 3rd quarters), it really isn't much of a factor from the early going (good percentage)...but when the going gets tough, they simply have a melt down in the fourth quarter to make a FREE SHOT, UNCONTESTED on crunch time when the free throws really count.

Have you noticed that Tim Duncan isn't shooting more than he really should be. The man needs to shoot AT LEAST 20 shot attempts, not 10 or so. That will not net you a for sure victory. Struggling or not, he needs to shoot. Also have you noticed just how slow he's gotten? That's not a good thing. Apparently he's 100% healthy, but I don't really see it on his slow pace.

Have you noticed that the Spurs simply cannot win at home? The fans are too quiet, because their hometeam doesn't give them much to cheer about. It should be a team effort for both in order to succeed.

Have you noticed how the Spurs play with sense of urgency on the road? Maybe they get 'too' laxed at home and take game for granted.

Have you noticed how the Spurs simply don't play serious against sub .500 teams and then end up getting embarrssed on national tv for it?

Have you noticed how Gregg Popvich doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Ex: Picking Finley to make a post up move for a possible game winning shot when he shots 38% for the season. Also, how he draws a play to allow "Red Rocket" try to pull off a game winner when he simply doesn't do it on a regular basis. I'm sure he was trying to throw off the defense on picking them...but come on....they are a liability regardless. Should have gone to the top three Tim/Manu/Tony. I just don't get it.

Have you noticed that Beno is trying to become a Steve Nash. He's got the most ugliest shot in the Spurs organization. He simply cannot wait for the offense to set up. The Spurs are an accustomed half-court team, not run and gun.

Have you noticed that Brent Barry is no longer a hero. Need I say more?

Have you noticed that I've noticed way too much crap?

To summarize things...the Spurs always struggle throughout this time of the year. It's nothing new to us, however, it is indeed frustrating to EXPECT such an event to take place. Why couldn't all this be fixed years ago? We need a big man presense...we need Francisco Elson to come back SOON! We need Tim to rebound. We need better rotation. We need to use James White. The Spurs' are not young...they are not athletic as a team...they need to let certain people go and bring in some young prospects, soon!

BTW, please excuse any typos, I never proofread

:tu :tu I'll give you two thumbs for a terrific post.

Let me also add to it by saying we need to get younger. We need to add Corey Maggette. Hell, if the Clippers want Udrih and Barry in return - tell them to throw in a backup PG like Daniel Ewing and DO THE DAMN DEAL. Get this guy in here and let's go.