PDA

View Full Version : At what point does it fall to Pop?

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I know we have countless "Fire Pop!" everytime the Spurs lose. Hell, if they don't beat a bad team by so many points, the Pop-a-nistas come out and call for his head and then the Pop-a-razzi defend him.

This is not a "get rid of Pop" thread but there is a point where you have to look at the head coach for improvement.

Where is that point?

Have the Spurs reached it?

Will they this season?

Discuss.

td4mvp21
01-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I think a lot of our losses are on Pop. He is way too stubborn in his rotations at times and I don't think he makes the right choices as a coach. Small ball is an obvious dumbass move a lot of times for him. I do think the team could be coached better, but there is not a coach out there right now (besides Avery Johnson) that could do so. I would love to have Avery Johnson as our coach, look what he did to the Mavs. I don't think the Mavs would be this good with Don Nelson as their coach.

bubsdaddy
01-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I am a Mavs fan, so take this with that point of view. Pops decision to let Oberto cool his heels during the second half was quite puzzling to me. He had great energy and success in the first half. He might have made 3 - 5 points difference.

Mr. Body
01-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I am a Mavs fan, so take this with that point of view. Pops decision to let Oberto cool his heels during the second half was quite puzzling to me. He had great energy and success in the first half. He might have made 3 - 5 points difference.

Yeah, I wasn't sure where the hell Oberto went. His motion on the baseline and 100% shooting must not have been what Pop was looking for. :rolleyes

samikeyp
01-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure where the hell Oberto went. His motion on the baseline and 100% shooting must not have been what Pop was looking for.

I hate when Oberto does that! :spin

SequSpur
01-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Whatever, 3 championships, no one is better than Pop. I am still waiting for someone to tell me who out there is available and is better than Pop!!!!!

Sincerely,

Tpark

Mr. Body
01-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Pop is grooming the position for Larry Brown.

WalterBenitez
01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure where the hell Oberto went. His motion on the baseline and 100% shooting must not have been what Pop was looking for. :rolleyes

Probaly is his method, but I saw many times he sent to the bench the one who is hot and send to shot the one who is cold :rolleyes

bubsdaddy
01-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Also, was that play in the 4th coming out of a timeout with like 3 minutes to go really supposed to be an iso for Finley? He's a spot up shooter - well, used to be anyway.

Mr. Body
01-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Pop wants...

1) A better draft pick this year. A 21 pick is much better than a 29 pick.

2) The moral imperative to make a big trade. Losing a glut of games opens the door for something semi-drastic.

Dex
01-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I think we're rapidly approaching that point, particularly concerning Pop's stubborness with the small ball issue.

His defense last year was that we didn't have the appropriate bigs to keep up with Dallas, and when you're packing Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammad, it's hard to disagree.

But even missing Sisco last night, Oberto played extremely efficiently at the pivot whenever he was on the floor. He applied hard nosed defense to Dirk, worked the boards, and most importantly, kept the ball moving.

But for some dumbass reason, Pop decides to go small in the fourth when Dallas starts posting some momentum, and it was all downhill from there. After that, we got beat consistently on the boards and, more importantly, the offense completely stalled. Ball movement died and everything went iso.

Pop has the brilliant idea to reinsert Fabs for the last play, and what happens? Defense gets drawn in the the P&R, and Bruce Bowen gets a wide-open three from the corner with the Mavericks focused on defending the arc.

Stick with what won you three titles, Pop.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Fire Pop. Just so you guys will find something new to bitch about.

mikeanthony21
01-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Pop is grooming the position for Larry Brown.

I just lost my lunch. :oops

Mr. Body
01-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Fire Pop. Just so you guys will find something new to bitch about.

Just as long as you can bitch about everybody else bitching.

Texas_Ranger
01-06-2007, 02:28 PM
He plays too much on small ball.
He's got some bad old players in the team.
He's not playing on Tim anymore.
He sucks, get rid of gim.

Ronaldo McDonald
01-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I know we have countless "Fire Pop!" everytime the Spurs lose. Hell, if they don't beat a bad team by so many points, the Pop-a-nistas come out and call for his head and then the Pop-a-razzi defend him.

This is not a "get rid of Pop" thread but there is a point where you have to look at the head coach for improvement.

Where is that point?

Will they this season?

Discuss.

Isn't Pop a gm also?

If so, Pop the GM is the problem, not the coach. Pop has always stressed defense, but this year he just doesn't have the players that can play in that type of system. I think he is one of the best coaches in the game, but I also think he has missed out on many opportunities as a GM to make a trade or two to bring in some players that can fit into the defensive system that he calls for. He believes in defense, and undoubtedly he stresses it, and although the players on his team probably want to play it, some of the players are just too old, or are just not athletic enough to play in the system from a physical standpoint.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Just as long as you can bitch about everybody else bitching.Hire Javtokas as coach.

Mr. Body
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Hire Javtokas as coach.

?? Why would we do that? :dizzy

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Why wouldn't we?

I haven't heard any other names at this point. At least I put a name out there.

T Park
01-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I think last night's loss falls squarely on him.

Oberto not playing doesn't bother me, because he stinks.

Eric WIlliams, who is taylor made to play the damn Mavericks and guard Nowtizki, not even getting some time, along with Bonner pissed me off so much, that when he took Horry out with 8 07 left in the 4th, I knew the Spurs had lost the game.

If I was Holt, I would honestly have to have a sit down with him, and ask him why Williams and Bonner didn't play last night.

Or, WTF did we even bother getting em, if were not gonna play em?

If hes passed on Maggette, wich, we still don't have an answer if that trade was even proposed for real, then IMO, if the Spurs don't get it done, then a new leader is needed.

If Holt is the problem? Then were all pissing in the wind, because there is definately nothing can be done about that.

1Parker1
01-06-2007, 03:05 PM
What I don't understand is Pop's reluctance to keep guys like Eric Williams, Matt Bonner, Butler, and company on the bench in favor of guys like Horry, Beno, Finley, and Barry who have done crap all season. Why not give the new guys a chance? Weren't they aquired in the hopes of helping us beat the Mavs?

Kori Ellis
01-06-2007, 03:10 PM
What I don't understand is Pop's reluctance to keep guys like Eric Williams, Matt Bonner, Butler, and company on the bench in favor of guys like Horry, Beno, Finley, and Barry who have done crap all season. Why not give the new guys a chance? Weren't they aquired in the hopes of helping us beat the Mavs?

No. Bonner and Williams were acquired to get rid of Rasho's contract. Butler was acquired with no intention of playing him until next season - he's just a project. They didn't even know if Williams was in shape enough to be cut or kept. Bonner was just gravy with no expectations and no plans of using him to defend the Mavs.

The only player that was acquired with the Mavs in mind was Elson.

If I was Holt, I would honestly have to have a sit down with him, and ask him why Williams and Bonner didn't play last night.

Or, WTF did we even bother getting em, if were not gonna play em?

:lol Holt knows that got them to get rid of a big contract. I doubt he cares if they play them against the Mavs.

objective
01-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Why not give the new guys a chance?

this is Pop we're talking about. The same coach who ran Steve Smith and Terry Porter into the ground while Stephen Jackson sat inactive with mythical tendinitis or some other fake injury.

Those new guys like Butler will only get a chance if multiple guys get hurt.

It is what it is.

smeagol
01-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Barry crap?

Barry has stunk over the last 4-5 games. He played extremely well the first 20.

Horry, Beno and Finley I agree with. They have done bigtime crap.

smeagol
01-06-2007, 03:14 PM
the Pop-a-nistas come out and call for his head and then the Pop-a-razzi defend him.

TPark and chumpdumper are Pop-a-razzis.

Sequ, AHF, Walton and many other are Pop-a-nistas.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Nah, I'm fine with replacing him if it'll help. I just haven't been convinced of that.

1Parker1
01-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Barry crap?

Barry has stunk over the last 4-5 games. He played extremely well the first 20.

Horry, Beno and Finley I agree with. They have done bigtime crap.

Yes, Barry crap. When's the last time Barry had a big game against a GOOD team? Suns, Lakers, Mavs...those were the games where we needed Barry's "newfound" 3 point shooting touch. We never got it. Don't get me wrong, he was playing amazing for a strech there. But you had to know it was fool's gold and that he would come back down to Earth as he has.

T Park
01-06-2007, 03:18 PM
TPark and chumpdumper are Pop-a-razzis

Only because Id love for all the naysayers and haters to bring up a logical replacement.

Thats when the insults fly because no one can.

1Parker1
01-06-2007, 03:18 PM
BTW, There is no coach available who can do a better job than Pop for the Spurs.

T Park
01-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes, Barry crap. When's the last time Barry had a big game against a GOOD team? Suns, Lakers, Mavs...those were the games where we needed Barry's "newfound" 3 point shooting touch. We never got it. Don't get me wrong, he was playing amazing for a strech there. But you had to know it was fool's gold and that he would come back down to Earth as he has.

Spot on.

Brent Barry is right on par with Carl Herrera as biggest FA busts this franchise has ever had.

Barry is absolutely worthless.

1Parker1
01-06-2007, 03:23 PM
^:lol I never said Brent Barry was worthless. I just said he's not the type of player who I'd feel confident to depend on in big games, especially in the playoffs. He's too inconsistent. And when his shooting is off, he doesn't do much of the "little things" to warrant so much playing time. I don't mind if he goes 1-7 in a game. But he doesn't play good defense and he doesn't rebound very well (2 things the Spurs need badly) to make up for it.

smeagol
01-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Only because Id love for all the naysayers and haters to bring up a logical replacement.

Nothing wrong with liking Pop.

I think he is a great coach too.

Borosai
01-06-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't get his rotations at all. Why take out players who are doing well? Oberto was the victim last night...Manu has been on numerous occasions. Give them a quick breather and put them right back in if that's what they need. If your vets are going to suck, give the younger players and "projects" some time in a real game. At worst, they do the same crap that the vets do...but they may do well, show signs of improvement, and extend the teams depth later in the season, which is non-existent at this point.

objective
01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
What's Pop going to do now? Does he have to do anything at all?

He already broke out the 'soft/pathetic' speech.

Is more verbal lashing going to make any difference?

Are the Spurs looking at their next practice session as the holy grail?

Will talking about all the things that went wrong make everything go away?

Or will it be like this: Praise the Spurs for holding the Mavs to 90, be 'thrilled' at how the Spurs competed, talk about what strong competitors and proven winners the bench vets are, praise small-ball as keeping them in the game, and talk about how if only a couple of more shots went down?

objective
01-06-2007, 03:37 PM
If your vets are going to suck, give the younger players and "projects" some time in a real game. At worst, they do the same crap that the vets do...but they may do well, show signs of improvement, and extend the teams depth later in the season, which is non-existent at this point.

that seems to make some sense, but that's not happening. The Spurs don't think the vets suck. They will refuse to play the 'projects' because that would mean that the vets didn't have it. The projects will stay on the farcical 'stephen jackson plan' myth and never get in a game earlier than the end of a 4th quarter blowout, IF they're even on the active roster, which is unlikely.

boutons_
01-06-2007, 04:44 PM
"What's Pop going to do now?"

How about:

"If you don't want to play to your abilities, fuck you guys.

I'm tired of filling in as team leader/motivator.

You guys elect and follow you're own leader. I'll coach, but it's your team, it's your lives and careers."

SenorSpur
01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
No. Bonner and Williams were acquired to get rid of Rasho's contract. Butler was acquired with no intention of playing him until next season - he's just a project. They didn't even know if Williams was in shape enough to be cut or kept. Bonner was just gravy with no expectations and no plans of using him to defend the Mavs.

The only player that was acquired with the Mavs in mind was Elson.

That may be true, but while Pop is "dicking around" with the rotations and demonstrating allegiance to old players who are past their prime, this team is losing both games and confidence. If Barry, Finley and Horry aren't cutting it - and they aren't - sit their asses down. Play Williams and Bonner more - and of course, get Maggette in here.

Solid D
01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I think another interesting question would be if Pop would ever be guilty of what might be perceived as competitive gamesmanship. Yelling out "double", as Avery reportedly did, is really very crafty and strategic in one sense but it could also be considered on par with yelling "lookout!" I see players doing that, including waving a towel up and down quickly during a FT. I just don't usually hear or see Head Coaches do it that often, other than standing up and talking as an opposing FT is shot.

Pop seems to choose the high ground...at least from my perspective.

smeagol
01-06-2007, 05:09 PM
I think another interesting question would be if Pop would ever be guilty of what might be perceived as competitive gamesmanship. Yelling out "double", as Avery reportedly did, is really very crafty and strategic in one sense but it could also be considered on par with yelling "lookout!" I see players doing that, including waving a towel up and down quickly during a FT. I just don't usually hear or see Head Coaches do it that often, other than standing up and talking as an opposing FT is shot.

Pop seems to choose the high ground...at least from my perspective.
The problem is you like Pop to much. :spin

Solid D
01-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, for all we know, AJ may have seen Pop yell out a bogus instruction when he played under Pop. I don't really know...that's why I posed the question.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM

That's because you've never asked :lol

It's just, "well, how many championships do you have coaching an NBA team", or "I think it was great to run game winning plays for Bonner and Bowen, if Pop thinks those were good plays who the fuck are you to criticize?"

Or spiteful shit like go find a sting ray and die. Either way, you look like an ass who spends more time on his knees under Pop's desk than the guy's wife.

Solid D
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I think if Bob Hill were coaching an NBA team, he would...

no wait...

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Where is that point?

Will they this season?

It will never happen.

Pop gets any critical local media personality fired from his job, and he can always just scapegoat a poor performer in the playoffs and waive/trade them and float stories to the press about them being a locker room cancer.

T Park
01-06-2007, 06:11 PM
That's because you've never asked

It's just, "well, how many championships do you have coaching an NBA team", or "I think it was great to run game winning plays for Bonner and Bowen, if Pop thinks those were good plays who the fuck are you to criticize?"

Or spiteful shit like go find a sting ray and die. Either way, you look like an ass who spends more time on his knees under Pop's desk than the guy's wife.

Once again, sucks when someone throws the bullshit back in your face doesn't it.

Youve always been asked, and you always respond with the bullshit you just did.

Making my point.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Once again, sucks when someone throws the bullshit back in your face doesn't it.

Youve always been asked, and you always respond with the bullshit you just did.

Making my point.

Bull fucking shit. This is the first time you've even attempted to have a basketball discussion.

Pop doesn't need fired (yet). He does need to bring in an offensive 'coordinator', because his sets and use of the players sucks.

Of course, if he's going to trot out the same idiotic rotations he currently does (like all bench players for the Spurs vs. 4 starters and Stackhouse for Dallas, because 'it's time for me to play that rotation'), maybe we need to look at a new head man as well.

As for coaches...

* Scott Skiles
* AJ (I only list him #2 because Holt would be too cheap to get into a bidding war against Cuban)
* Phil Jackson
* Mike Brown

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Anyone who isn't under contract with no chance of getting fired?

texas84
01-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm a Mavs fan so i'm just throwing this out there... could Carlesimo step into the head coaching spot? Or is he strictly an assistant now?

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Of course he could, but is he better?

bdictjames
01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Pop will turn this around, just need guys to make shots and play hard especially Finley, Bowen, Barry, Udrih and Horry (but most esp. Finley and Udrih)

david75090
01-06-2007, 09:02 PM
If the Spurs had won game 7 against the Mavs last year, and it was a coin flip, the Spurs would have won the NBA championship. IMO.

The Spurs have lost 3 games in a row, for the first time in a long time, during a long season. Big deal.

I guess it's, "what have you done for me lately?" when it comes to Pop. The Spurs are fortunate to have the confluence of a solid coach along with Tim Duncan during this era. You may not pass this way again. Nothing is a given.

Pop has said he's retiring the day after Duncan. That's a good idea for him. He most likely will never have as good a team as he's had with Tim on it. Be careful what you wish for, you'll get it soon enough and you may not like what you get.

peskypesky
01-06-2007, 09:16 PM
WHO TELL ME WHO IS BETTER. Unless I see Bobby Knight looking for job here no one is better!

I would be better, for one. So would my brother Mike. Or my brother John. In fact, just about anyone who has a brain would be better. I have NEVER seen another NBA coach make the moronic choices that Poopabitch makes.

I don't know how many times I've screamed my head off when he takes a "hot" player out of the game FOR NO APPARENT REASON. And the recurring use of "small ball", even when it's painfully obvious that it's not working? Just awful coaching....

Poop, just fire yourself.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 09:18 PM
It's amazing no one has come up with even one name in all this bitching.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-06-2007, 09:22 PM
I think Pop's good, but there are a few lapses in games, you can see. The Spurs still have a lot to improve, but all this talk as if we're no LONGER Championship contenders is pretty stupid no matter how much you want to argue it's not January.

I think though, the Mavs are better than us right now, clicking consistently, and we haven't made our mental moves to adjust to them and the players' roles in this team. (Pop trying out Bonner, insisting on Finley's offense beyond jumpshooting). It'd help a lot with some more fire and athleticism, but there's no reason to count us out because of a three losses. At this point the losses are good, eeking by on a deep bench of veterans by a low margin, didn't prepare as much for the playoff grind.
I'm glad Manu admitted they have to improve, as opposed to Pop saying he was content with the effort...I don't know why he would be, because we HAD control of the game and the WIN, but didn't take advantage of the Mavs' subpar performance. (they were missing wide open jumpshots!)

Dalhoop
01-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I think that about any coach would improve the Spurs, as long as they know offense. Pop would stay on as GM and keep the focus of the team on the defensive side of the ball, but he need to bring in an offensive coach.

Like Nelson did with AJ, only in reverse. As for names ... Honesty I have no idea who is available. An assistant from one of the higher scoring teams in the league would do, maybe even a euro-coach. The important part is that Pop stay on to keep the focus on defense, and turn the offense over to someone else and let whoever do rotation and evaluation of who gets on the floor.

Pop would still be seen as the "coach" but someone else would run the show. Best of both worlds for Pop, if it doesn't work out, he can always fire the new guy and reclaim the glory ala Riley in Miami.

smeagol
01-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Agreed.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Like Nelson did with AJNelson was ordered to scout Maui.

Dalhoop
01-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Nelson was ordered to scout Maui.

Not while he was still coaching and having AJ run the practices.

The my point is that the in coming coach doesn't have to be anyone of name. The Spurs don't need a philosophical change, they simply need someone that doesn't have the attachment to the group of old players on the team and will find it easy to tell Finley, Barry, Udrih and any other scrub to ride the pine if their game doesn't improve and quickly.

The reason that nobody is throwing out names is because they see your counter argument coming. "Well how many rings has he won" when your question should be "How many rings could he have won with Duncan, Parker and Manu".

Pops rotations have been a problem for awhile, could another coach have taken the reins and guided the players to better records? Could another coach, making the right rotation adjustments do better the Pop has?

The answer is yes. Even I know to ride the hot hand (Manu and Oberto in the last game) and not bring in a pair of ice-cubes to cool the team down and shoot bad shoots (Udrih and Barry). Lets not even bring up the small ball issue, which everyone but Pops sees isn't working.

Just about anyone could have done better looking at it that way, the third assistant on the Celtics would probably do better with rotation issues (Whoever that is)

So the question becomes, could another coach coach this team to win more games? The answer? As long as the team maintains the "defensive blueprint", yes, just about any coach could. It doesn't matter how many rings the new guy would have, only that he knows the game and has no "attachment" to the oldsters on the current team.

That would be just about any coach (head or assistant) in the league right now, as well as several collage coaches and of course their is always oversea coaches (Argentina would be a good place to look :) )

SilverPlayer
01-06-2007, 11:07 PM
At this point I would take Nate McMillan, Avery Johnson, Phil Jackson, and Eddie Jordan over Pop. Nobody else comes to mind. And they all have jobs. So I keep Pop. I wonder if RC is as good as we've made him out to be. He's the one that overrode Pop on Josh Howard right?

TwoHandJam
01-06-2007, 11:47 PM

The my point is that the in coming coach doesn't have to be anyone of name. The Spurs don't need a philosophical change, they simply need someone that doesn't have the attachment to the group of old players on the team and will find it easy to tell Finley, Barry, Udrih and any other scrub to ride the pine if their game doesn't improve and quickly.

The reason that nobody is throwing out names is because they see your counter argument coming. "Well how many rings has he won" when your question should be "How many rings could he have won with Duncan, Parker and Manu".

Pops rotations have been a problem for awhile, could another coach have taken the reins and guided the players to better records? Could another coach, making the right rotation adjustments do better the Pop has?

The answer is yes. Even I know to ride the hot hand (Manu and Oberto in the last game) and not bring in a pair of ice-cubes to cool the team down and shoot bad shoots (Udrih and Barry). Lets not even bring up the small ball issue, which everyone but Pops sees isn't working.

Just about anyone could have done better looking at it that way, the third assistant on the Celtics would probably do better with rotation issues (Whoever that is)

So the question becomes, could another coach coach this team to win more games? The answer? As long as the team maintains the "defensive blueprint", yes, just about any coach could. It doesn't matter how many rings the new guy would have, only that he knows the game and has no "attachment" to the oldsters on the current team.

That would be just about any coach (head or assistant) in the league right now, as well as several collage coaches and of course their is always oversea coaches (Argentina would be a good place to look :) )
Great post. Unfortunately for me, I have to agree with you even though I'm a Spurs fan. It amazes me that someone such as yourself can see the situation with such clarity given that you are a Mavericks fan while others on this forum fail to see the forest for the trees even though they (ostensibly) follow the team.

Losing the series last year was one of the toughest losses for me as a fan. For the first time I felt that my team lost not because of the roster but because of the exceptionally poor coaching.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-06-2007, 11:50 PM

Holy shit, a Mavs fan just dropped the post of the year. :wow

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Holy shit, a Mavs fan just dropped the post of the year. :wow

Don't tell you just took a Mav Fan's word on how to win :lmao

Spurs fans are out of control.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Don't tell you just took a Mav Fan's word on how to win :lmao

Spurs fans are out of control.

Say what you will. She/he/it was pretty spot on about Robocoach.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 12:16 AM
The my point is that the in coming coach doesn't have to be anyone of name.That's completely offbase. AJ was a name for a future coach for years.

Nelson never won anything.

These are enormous differences from your "just get someone else" blueprint.
The reason that nobody is throwing out names is because they see your counter argument coming.No, they honestly can't think of anyone who doesn't have a job already. People aren't afraid to speak their minds here--most of the time they have to have something in their minds first.
Just about anyone could have done better looking at it that way, the third assistant on the Celtics would probably do better with rotation issues (Whoever that is)Bull

shit.

T Park
01-07-2007, 01:36 AM
:lol

Unreal.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-07-2007, 03:50 AM
WHO TELL ME WHO IS BETTER. Unless I see Bobby Knight looking for job here no one is better!

I have said it before and I will say it again....HIRE DAN SCOTT! That fucker will get you guys back to where you belong because he wants to win at any cost! Ask his son Nathan and he will tell you that Dan cares about winning!!

Tek_XX
01-07-2007, 02:06 PM

No one knows who's available, maybe you could help us out with that.

Clearly yelling at grown ass men ain't working for pop. And his rotations suck ass. But he probably is the coach for his long as he wants to be. How long would it take pop to fire pop if this was 1996.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 02:11 PM
No one knows who's available, maybe you could help us out with that. You guys want him gone. Figure it out yourself.
How long would it take pop to fire pop if this was 1996.Are the players aksing for him to be gone like 1996? I seriously doubt that.

ducks
01-07-2007, 03:38 PM
pop is not perfect
but pop messes with the rotations early in the season
he does this everyyear
pop is getting ready for the playoffs
but spur fans want number one seed in the deep west
but I would rather see who does what THIS YEAR
and get in the playoffs and get a ring

ducks
01-07-2007, 03:39 PM
No one knows who's available, maybe you could help us out with that.

Clearly yelling at grown ass men ain't working for pop. And his rotations suck ass. But he probably is the coach for his long as he wants to be. How long would it take pop to fire pop if this was 1996.
mem coach

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Replacing a proven head coach and consistent winner is always a good idea.

Sincerely,

The Maloof Brothers

remingtonbo2001
01-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Refering to previous posts.....POP isn't the GM anymore, it's Buford....or something along those lines.....Also, I'm not sure we have a 1st round draft pick this year.....Do we?