Leetonidas
01-06-2007, 03:57 PM
k.

Fillmoe
01-06-2007, 03:57 PM
phil wackson sucks....

Tradition
01-06-2007, 05:47 PM
:lol :lol Pop belongs nowhere in Phils class. Phil has had dynasties while Pop couldnt even repeat. Phil is currently bringing this young Laker team back to elite status. Pop is a nice coach but he cant even hold Jacksons jock!

midgetonadonkey
01-06-2007, 06:51 PM
:lol :lol Pop belongs nowhere in Phils class. Phil has had dynasties while Pop couldnt even repeat. Phil is currently bringing this young Laker team back to elite status. Pop is a nice coach but he cant even hold Jacksons jock!

I could've coached a Jordan and Pippen led team to a championship.

KB24
01-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I could've coached a Jordan and Pippen led team to a championship.

You Ignorant Spurs Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CubanMustGo
01-06-2007, 10:09 PM
You Ignorant Spurs Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truth hurts, don't it?

peskypesky
01-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Poopabitch is the name.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Your obsession with the spurs is funny....

Thanks for bringing more traffic to the best forum on the net.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-07-2007, 03:17 AM
hip hop hooray

KB24
01-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Your obsession with the spurs is funny....

Thanks for bringing more traffic to the best forum on the net.

GO SPURS GO

ponky
01-07-2007, 01:27 PM
GO SPURS GO

lmao, you're too funny...i like it

THE SIXTH MAN
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
GO SPURS GO

kinbenzoo
01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
GO SPURS GO

lefty
01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Auerbach > Jacksongay

leemajors
01-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Kb24, Why Must You Analyze Everything With Your Relentless Logic?

Nahtanoj
01-08-2007, 05:23 AM
Why even start a thread that states the obvious?

mavsfan1000
01-08-2007, 05:38 AM
What Phil Jackson has done for that lakers team is amazing. Maybe the best coaching in his career. That team has little talent but is using every bit they can have. Phil Jackson is the best coach in the nba.

Dario
01-08-2007, 12:12 PM
What Phil Jackson has done for that lakers team is amazing. Maybe the best coaching in his career. That team has little talent but is using every bit they can have. Phil Jackson is the best coach in the nba.

I agree, i personally don't like him, but what he is doing with this years team is unbeliavable. A win against dallas without odom... :clap

George Gervin's Afro
01-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Phil jackson > Pop in bitching and wining to the press during playoff series. Pop is a stand up guy who never blames anyone for his team's shortcomings.. The great Phil is a whiner.. I guess he's perfect for the LA folk and fans.. For attacking refs through the press..real stand up guy.. classy,.. message to all of the young people.. "if you complain loud enough eventually you'll get your way"

LakeShow
01-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Phil jackson > Pop in bitching and wining to the press during playoff series. Pop is a stand up guy who never blames anyone for his team's shortcomings.. The great Phil is a whiner.. I guess he's perfect for the LA folk and fans.. For attacking refs through the press..real stand up guy.. classy,.. message to all of the young people.. "if you complain loud enough eventually you'll get your way"

In Cuban's case, he got the league to change the rules with his whinning. :rolleyes

Phil is better than Pop all the way around. Pop's problem is that he can not adjust to the New NBA. I listen to him complaining about Defense but if you look around all of the teams are having the same issues. True, timmy has lost a step but the game today requires an athletic big man to man the post. Timmy's having problems but so are the athletic big men in the league. It is tough for them to guard their man and to pick up a Lebron, Wade or Kobe when they are attacking the rim.

jacobdrj
01-08-2007, 08:04 PM
P-Jax proved last year that he was the greatest coach of my lifetime. With that said, Pop is no slouch. I would have to say he is either the 2nd or 3rd best coach in the NBA right now.

Why are we even discussing this? Lakers are still about a year away from being a title contender. An amazing feet in itself.

lefty
01-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Too much credit is given to Jax
Tex Winter is the one who invented the triangle

LakeShow
01-09-2007, 12:08 AM
P-Jax proved last year that he was the greatest coach of my lifetime. With that said, Pop is no slouch. I would have to say he is either the 2nd or 3rd best coach in the NBA right now.

Why are we even discussing this? Lakers are still about a year away from being a title contender. An amazing feet in itself.

Man, you guys kill me with that. The Lakers are contenders in the NBA, NOW! There is not a team in the NBA other than the Rockets that they can not matchup well with. The Lakers are the deepest team in the league and the best passing team as well. Phil (and Tex) have the triangle going at an all time high. It is a thing of beauty (Of course the no-touch rule makes it run a lot smoother) and he has players in place to make it work to perfection. Sure, they're young and have little experience but they came of age in the playoffs. They are a different team this season and We in LA think they can do it this season! We Luv our team! Next year? Definitely the year of the Lakers! The Dynasty Begins!

The Lakers, if healthy, could beat all of those teams in a 7 game series.

Mavs - have the same issues that they have had in the last few years, no low post game! When their jumper is not falling, they're in trouble. The Lakers have owned them. The Mavs proved to the Spurs that they have arrived by finally beating them. I don't know the history of those two teams but I assume it has been a few years since the Mavs have beaten the Spurs, BUT now you're moving up to the BIG BOYS! The 14 time NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers, and we're not having it! The Lakers have owned the Mavs since it's existence in the NBA. No way the Mavs beat the Lakers in any series! Not Today, not Tomorrow, not Ever! :devil

Suns - Having Amare back really makes for a better matchup for the Lakers. They can utilize all of their bigs and defend the perimeter. They have 18 fouls to throw at Amare. The game will slow down and the Suns will not be as effective but I will stipulate, if Amare were to have a monster series against the Lakers bigs, it would create a problem for the Lakers.

Spurs - Need to make a trade or it's history for them. They can't matchup with Lakers :fro

lefty
01-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Man, you guys kill me with that. The Lakers are contenders in the NBA, NOW! There is not a team in the NBA other than the Rockets that they can not matchup well with. The Lakers are the deepest team in the league and the best passing team as well. Phil (and Tex) have the triangle going at an all time high. It is a thing of beauty (Of course the no-touch rule makes it run a lot smoother) and he has players in place to make it work to perfection. Sure, they're young and have little experience but they came of age in the playoffs. They are a different team this season and We in LA think they can do it this season! We Luv our team! Next year? Definitely the year of the Lakers! The Dynasty Begins!

Mavs - have the same issues that they have had in the last few years, no low post game! When their jumper is not falling, they're in trouble. The Lakers have owned them. The Mavs proved to the Spurs that they have arrived by finally beating them. I don't know the history of those two teams but I assume it has been a few years since the Mavs have beaten the Spurs, BUT now you're moving up to the BIG BOYS! The 14 time NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers, and we're not having it! The Lakers have owned the Mavs since it's existence in the NBA. No way the Mavs beat the Lakers in any series! Not Today, not Tomorrow, not Ever! :devil

Suns - Having Amare back really makes for a better matchup for the Lakers. They can utilize all of their bigs and defend the perimeter. They have 18 fouls to throw at Amare. The game will slow down and the Suns will not be as effective but I will stipulate, if Amare were to have a monster series against the Lakers bigs, it would create a problem for the Lakers.

Spurs - Need to make a trade or it's history for them. They can't matchup with Lakers :fro

Funny guy

jacobdrj
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM

With all due respect, you see your team through purple and yellow tinted glasses. Lakers have no business being where they are, as was proven 2 years ago with a comparable roster. The only reason they are in contention of a mid-range spot is because of P-Jax and co. Suns have no chance, I think most non-Phoenix fans would agree, because of the sub-par defense. Spurs are always in the mix because of their D, and there is nothing wrong with a little mid-season trouble, as long as the ship is righted by the POs. Mavericks look amazing, absolutely amazing. Much better than last year, when they were practically handed a Finals berth. They have D, O, and a top 5 NBA coach.

Lakers need more experience. Next year, barring unforeseen circumstances, they are top 2 in the west IMHO. They will make a nice push this year, but I can't see them winning four 7 game series.

In regards to the Tex and his Triangle: IMHO, the Triangle is given too much credit in it's own right. Tex thought of a good idea, but it essentially boils down to finding the open man. It is more of a psychological tool, which P-Jax uses to perfection, than anything else. A way of frustrating and challenging talented players, who otherwise dominate the ball too much without consideration of others on the floor.

P-Jax's tactics are second to none. His strategy is above average. His ability to manage egos is unrivaled.

LakeShow
01-09-2007, 11:44 PM
With all due respect, you see your team through purple and yellow tinted glasses. Lakers have no business being where they are, as was proven 2 years ago with a comparable roster. The only reason they are in contention of a mid-range spot is because of P-Jax and co. Suns have no chance, I think most non-Phoenix fans would agree, because of the sub-par defense. Spurs are always in the mix because of their D, and there is nothing wrong with a little mid-season trouble, as long as the ship is righted by the POs. Mavericks look amazing, absolutely amazing. Much better than last year, when they were practically handed a Finals berth. They have D, O, and a top 5 NBA coach.

Lakers need more experience. Next year, barring unforeseen circumstances, they are top 2 in the west IMHO. They will make a nice push this year, but I can't see them winning four 7 game series.

In regards to the Tex and his Triangle: IMHO, the Triangle is given too much credit in it's own right. Tex thought of a good idea, but it essentially boils down to finding the open man. It is more of a psychological tool, which P-Jax uses to perfection, than anything else. A way of frustrating and challenging talented players, who otherwise dominate the ball too much without consideration of others on the floor.

P-Jax's tactics are second to none. His strategy is above average. His ability to manage egos is unrivaled.

I see my team through Ray Ban's (polarized) and I do not see this team as being comparable to the team 2 years ago, whatsoever! It's a nine player difference in those two teams and 4 of those players are no longer in the NBA. That team had players that just filled up a roster. This team has players brought in by Phil. He brought in players to win. The Lakers are 6-2 against the Mavs, Spurs, Jazz, Suns and Rockets. Yeah they won at home, but the Jazz and Mavs won at their home as well. The fact that they could still win games without Kobe, Odom ( a triple/double threat every game he plays) and now without Brown (one of the best defensive centers in the league, Per KG) in some games shows a deep and talented team. If the lakers can get healthy at the end of the season they have a very good chance to win the title. Experience is a factor but I feel with Phil, Kobe and Lamar, they have enough to win it.

I'm not going to say that Phoenix has no chance to win it all because I believe they all have a chance. I personally believe that they are playing their starters too many minutes for the regular season and they will burn out at the end of the year. I also believe that the best defensive team is a thing of the past. Last season the playoffs were referee'd like the regular season. Lot's of game changing calls by the refs, fouls, ejections for nothing and just plain no touch basketball. The playoffs had never been officiated like that in the past. It seemed that the refs did not put away their whistles until the finals. This season they may take the new nba game to the finals. I don't know, but I do know the game has changed and it is spilling over to the playoffs.

About the triangle, psychological tool or not, it's kind of hard to discredit an offense that has won 9 NBA titles.

I was doing some trash talking in my last post but I believe all of those teams has a realistic chance to win it all at this point. I wouldn't even count out Miami when Shaq comes back whether shaq is shape or not he can still clog up the middle and intimidate teams (see Dirk and Dallas) from attacking the rim in fear of a hard foul.

Dario
01-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Lakers are very well coached team of 1 superstar and bunch of above and belove average players. They dont match up against mavs or spurs, simply due to fact that those 2 teams will turn it up in the playoffs, while lakers are imo playing at their best now. But i do believe they can win against suns this year. I hope they will.

CubanMustGo
01-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Check out the difference in LAL home v. road games so far this season ... and some of the "road" games are against the Clips, so not really road games. 21-14 home when you count the "away" Clips game as home. 6-8 on those 14 road games.

They got exposed last night on the 9-27 Grizz' home floor, giving up 128 points (and 46 in the third quarter alone - dayum!!). LOL. The back-to-back against SA/Dallas next week should be entertaining to say the least.

LakeShow
01-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Lakers are very well coached team of 1 superstar and bunch of above and belove average players. They dont match up against mavs or spurs, simply due to fact that those 2 teams will turn it up in the playoffs, while lakers are imo playing at their best now. But i do believe they can win against suns this year. I hope they will.

I think they do match up with the spurs, in fact the spurs can not match up with them.

LakeShow
01-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Check out the difference in LAL home v. road games so far this season ... and some of the "road" games are against the Clips, so not really road games. 21-14 home when you count the "away" Clips game as home. 6-8 on those 14 road games.

They got exposed last night on the 9-27 Grizz' home floor, giving up 128 points (and 46 in the third quarter alone - dayum!!). LOL. The back-to-back against SA/Dallas next week should be entertaining to say the least.

I wouldn't say exposed but I think the run of wins without 2 starters is over.

lefty
01-10-2007, 11:41 PM
I think they do match up with the spurs, in fact the spurs can not match up with them.
:idiot