PDA

View Full Version : Texas Basketball??

BeerIsGood!
01-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Watching this game with CU - the first half looked like another underachieving performance, but in the 2nd half UT has shot better than I've seen any team shoot this year. The potential is there, but what do you think Texas will do in the Big XII and in March??

3 losses so far

One they should have won against Michigan ST.

One they had won against Tenn. but let slip away

One they lost to a more balanced and better prepared team in Gonzaga.

A big win against LSU.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-06-2007, 08:11 PM
The Ark win was very close as well. I think we should be happy that the team is improving, as long as they keep huthlin, they should win a decent amount of games.

Brutalis
01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Not to mention almost losing to Arkansas when the refs blew it your way the whole game.

Haven't talked to one Horns fan that don't agree with that and the number of them is over 15.

BeerIsGood!
01-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Not to mention almost losing to Arkansas when the refs blew it your way the whole game.

Haven't talked to one Horns fan that don't agree with that and the number of them is over 15.
That one's still on my DVR but I never watched it. I only saw the last few minutes on TV when it happened. I'm sure the officiating was horrible like you say, but my focus is more on conference play. Every conference game gets a bit tough as the teams seem to rise up to play you. Colorado played very well in the 1st half but got run out of the building in the 2nd half. I just wonder how good they can be - the freshmen are starting to really play smarter and more consistent.

Brutalis
01-06-2007, 09:28 PM
All I know is Texas/Arkanas still have 3 dates left in the next 3 years which will be fun.

johngateswhiteley
01-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Watching this game with CU - the first half looked like another underachieving performance, but in the 2nd half UT has shot better than I've seen any team shoot this year. The potential is there, but what do you think Texas will do in the Big XII and in March??

3 losses so far

One they should have won against Michigan ST.

One they had won against Tenn. but let slip away

One they lost to a more balanced and better prepared team in Gonzaga.

A big win against LSU.

...i think t.u. will do well. they will make the tourney and finish 3rd or 4th in the Big 12...a battle with osu as A&M and KU will fight for first. i know A&Ms defense wasn't all that great tonight against k-state but it has been awesome for most of the season and i think it will continue into the big 12.

1. A&M or KU (A&M slight edge & my pick)
3. osu or t.u. (right now i think t.u.)
5. maybe tekk

Mr Dio
01-10-2007, 03:20 PM
UT would easily be top 5 in polls if Gibson and Aldridge had stayed. But that is why the real ballers go to UT, to showcase their talents at the best program in Texas and go to make $$$.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-10-2007, 07:05 PM

You can't say that like its an exception though--its the nature of the game. Look at when Texas played Tennessee...you can easily say Tenn almost blew that game against a freshman UT team when they were getting all the calls too...