PDA

View Full Version : I CANNOT Calm Down...

Manu_The _Best
01-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Kori,

Good analysis before, but, I CANNOT Calm Down - you are missing some very important points here:

I agree with points 1-4, and with you that “Duncan plays much better when there's a big on the floor (for example, Oberto) than when Pop goes small. Pop needs to watch tape and see that.” Pop didn’t see that last year in the Playoffs by benching Nazr and Rasho and we lost the SERIES 3-4…Tony did a good job compare to the others who didn’t produce anything, but he had only 4 assists vs. Terry’s 8, thus Terry was much more productive sharing the basketball and finding open men. In today’s NBA, 4 asts don’t count for anything, simply Tony failed in the second half as producing only 1 ast and he was LOST in most part of the 3rd and the 4th…he wasn’t that aggressive going to the FT line – only 3 FTs showed you, he was less aggressive than usual…Barry + Beno = 0-12 is a DISASTER for me – I have no idea WHY they are NOT playing (maybe considering the RUMOR they being offered for a trade???). Another thing is to criticize Pop: Getting Barry and Oberto involved in the starting lineup will help them be more motivated and give 100% - Barry deserves it since he was outstanding this season…Oberto PLAYED excellent when he was a starter, and I have no idea WHY Popovich put him to come from the bench – since he did that Oberto is giving us exactly S**T!!! Barry was benched in the last few games before the losing streak, for no reason, and he delivered NOTHING last night as well (wondering WHY he was benched after giving 100% prior)...Popovich needs to start Barry early in the game to keep him focused…

About Finley: I call him the “Goose Egg" – send FINLEY TO THE WAIVERS TODAY!!! He is USELESS...he was shining (by mistake) in only 1 game vs. Memphis...One game is NOT a barometer...In the Pop's book of "who I like, and who I don't", compare to what he did in prior years [by ABUSING Malik Rose and Nazr Mohammed] Finley shouldn’t be playing at ALL, but just be a spectator…No-no – Finley got “his” minutes last night also, especially (and I agree with you!), that post up crap in the 4th…The truth is, Finley is finished... In addition, you are NOT mentioning anything about Horry? Horry is DONE WITH NBA as well…He needs to retire NOW. He CANNOT even shoot the ball…WHY he played so many minutes last night? Where is J. Butler? I have the feeling the Mavs are playing with us…They know they could increase the tempo at any second, and we simply couldn’t compete…I agree the Spurs need someone to help with the rebounding – Again to ask Pop, WHY J. Butler is NOT playing – he could get you the rbs you need (read more below about it)…

Now, you keep repeating that “Dirk freakin' awesome” – we all know that, but in sports, you play up to the point you’re allowed to by the opponent – in our case, The Spurs allowed Dirk to do whatever he wanted to…He looked like a hero, yes…Put Rasheed Wallace on him, I guarantee he won’t score 36…no way…The Spurs missed Elson to cover Dirk, I know, with Elson playing, Dirk wouldn’t score that many points…

The other important thing you are missing is the Spurs ARE OLD: In the past few years, Pop dragged this team into the ground, slowly and surely…WITH NO VALUABLE TRADES, NO VALUABLE PICK UPS and draft picks in the last few years, the SPURS HAVE a SMALL CHANCE NOW TO WIN A TITLE…This is NOT just 3 game LOSING streak for us to calm down – the Spurs SIMPLY don’t have the roster to compete with Dallas, Houston, the Suns and even Denver (AI + CA) right now. This is reality…Unless, the OLD DONKEYS in our team perform miracles, we are going to have a long summer this year – the Spurs MUST GET RID OF THE FOLLOWING: Horry, Finley, Vaughn, Beno, Williams, etc. and acquire young and athletic players….THE SOLE BLAME FOR THE WHOLE DISASTER, WITHOUT A DOUBT, is POP, who didn’t acquire the right personnel this year, neither drafted anyone valuable in the last few years - the Spurs didn’t rebuild and found themselves in trouble this year playing OLD DONKEYS – a result of a failed and ugly policy by a coach and a manager, who forgot the basic rules in the NBA…The Draft Picks are your life lines…too bad for Manu’s talent who doesn’t deserve this!!!

My proposal for now to cover the situation - Starting Lineup: Tony, Barry, Bowen, Tim and Oberto – I would start Barry and Oberto for JUST 2 min. to motivate them and bring the energy we need as a whole…Then, Manu and Elson CAN come in and take most of the minutes in the 1st quarter…Getting Barry and Oberto involved in the starting lineup will help them be more motivated and give 100% - Barry deserves it despite he went cold in the past 3-4 games…Oberto PLAYED excellent when he was a starter, and I have no idea WHY Popovich put him to come from the bench – since he did that Oberto is giving us exactly S**T!!! Barry was benched in the last few games (before last night), for no reason, and he delivered NOTHING last night as well wondering WHY he was benched before after giving 100%...Popovich needs to start Barry early in the game to keep him focused…

Vaughn is simply NOT doing it…ANOTHER USELESS "GOOSE EGG" if you ask me...Get rid of him…

Give at least 17 min. to Bonner – he did deliver for the minutes he played…But, he is also a little sluggish and CANNOT move the same way the young and athletic Mavericks do…

Get involved Williams in this case – he also delivered when Popovich played him…Williams CAN play MUCH better than Horry and score some points for sure

Give minutes to J. Butler as well, at least 20 min. WHY the Spurs acquired him ANYWAY??? To stay on the bench??? Don’t understand Pop for that(?)…J. Butler CAN rebound the Basketball – last year the second half with the Knicks his stat per 48 min, is the following :

Player AS/48 ST/48 TO/48 BK/48 OR/48 TR/48

Butler, Jackie 1.6 0.7 3.8 2.0 4.4 12.1

This stat shows you excellent rebounding capabilities 4.4 OR/48 (!!!) is almost the same as Dampier, and 2.0 Blocks per 48 shows you clearly, who can be the shot blocker for the Spurs as well!!! BLAME POP FOR NOT PLAYING HIM, OK!!!??? NOBODY ELSE!!! ONLY POP!!!

In the overall strategy the Spurs should get rid of (somehow) Finley, Horry, and Vaughn, immediately via trades or sending them somehow to the waivers or buying their contracts (whatever it takes)…

The Spurs need to locate strong and athletic PF or SF who can help them with rebounding, energy, and some scoring…The Spurs need to play Butler for 20 min. Also the backup PG problem still stands – Vaughn and Beno aren’t the answers…We need to bring young and fresh “blood” ASAP, if we want to save the season! Send this to Pop if you wish…Cheers!

GO SPURS!!!

ChumpDumper
01-06-2007, 06:51 PM
We read it the first time.