PDA

View Full Version : Trade Finley!!

Clutch Mcroy
01-06-2007, 11:36 PM
This guy has no buisness in the Spurs system. He takes away from Manu's rythem, and makes Brent Barry less effective as the backup 2 guard and he's an individual player who takes low percentage shots. He needs to be traded for someone who can guard Dirk. If we don't find a solution to Nowizki, the same thing that happened last year will happen again in the playoffs this year. And it'll be worse this time because the Spurs don't posses the confidence they had last year, which allowed them to comeback from that 3-1 hole. I believe we can easily beat every team in the NBA with a smart defensive half court game with parker setting the tone and Manu and Duncan finishing strong, but against Dallas we lose in the half court to Dirks ability to shoot comfortably over his defender and Devin Harris's penetration. Miami beat Dallas by using Haslem on Nowizki to disrupt him physically on every attempt while boxing him out, and to brutally pound Harris, Terry and Howard in their penetration. We gotta get more physical and we gotta recapture that poise and confidence down the stretch that we had in 2005 and most of 2006.

Ben Dover
01-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I hope your knee heals soon. :rolleyes

timvp
01-06-2007, 11:47 PM
No one is going to offer anything. The only option is to bench him a la Steve Smith in 2003.

Dre_7
01-07-2007, 01:42 AM
The haters will be eating their crow when SA wins the LOB Trophy with the help of Fin Dogg!

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:42 AM
The haters will be eating their crow when SA wins the LOB Trophy with the help of Fin Dogg!

:lmao

Good one. "Fin Dogg" better call up Steve Smith so they can talk about his new role.

T Park
01-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Id much rather play Finley than Barry.

At least FInley made a shot, and is WILLING to take one.

Unlike the great white ghost.

mavsfan1000
01-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Now you know why Cuban dropped Finley. He was going down quick. Just to be nice I'll let y'all keep Finley. lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Spurs should keep Finley. If the Magette deal comes, then we have insurance in case he doesn't show up in the playoffs either.

joeyjfive
01-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Finley needs to drive to the fucking basket, he did it last year in the playoffs against Dallas a couple times and now he refuses. Its like hes fucking traumatized or something. He loves taking retarded jumpshots, I can understand if they were falling but damn bitch, your in a fucking shooting slump.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Finley is driving more, but I agree.

If I had to choose Finley or Barry.

I swallow and say Finley, on the basis he actually makes a shot, unlike Senor stiffo Barry.

Ben Dover
01-07-2007, 02:39 AM
It seems that Mark Cuban had a master planto get Finley on the Spurs. Mission Accomplished.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-07-2007, 03:37 AM
I love the time Finley put in as a Mav! He needs to stay a spur while being a witness to the power house Mavs winning that trophy this year. The only tough teams that stand in our way are the Lakers and Suns but we can beat em both but it wont be easy.

mavsfan1000
01-07-2007, 05:04 AM
I love the time Finley put in as a Mav! He needs to stay a spur while being a witness to the power house Mavs winning that trophy this year. The only tough teams that stand in our way are the Lakers and Suns but we can beat em both but it wont be easy.
Why do you think the lakers are that good? Nevermind. I shouldn't even respond to stupid comments like the spurs are no threat to the mavs. Pure garbage.

twincam
01-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Why do you think the lakers are that good? Nevermind. I shouldn't even respond to stupid comments like the spurs are no threat to the mavs. Pure garbage.

Mavsfan1000, he's a little wet behind the ears. He probably thought Friday's game was a Game 7. I just checked the calender, it's January 07. I'm sure he'll snap into reality.

dg7md
01-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Mavs/Spurs = new Lakers/Celtics

mabber
01-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Finley needs to drive to the fucking basket, he did it last year in the playoffs against Dallas a couple times and now he refuses. Its like hes fucking traumatized or something. He loves taking retarded jumpshots, I can understand if they were falling but damn bitch, your in a fucking shooting slump.

Nellie begged him to drive to the basket when he was in his prime and he'd only do it every once in awhile. Maybe once every 10 games he'd play really aggressively and take the ball to the hoop and get some rebounds as well but it's just not in his nature. I never understood why he didn't do it more cuz he was always good at it when he did and he's a really good free throw shooter.

SenorSpur
01-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Nellie begged him to drive to the basket when he was in his prime and he'd only do it every once in awhile. Maybe once every 10 games he'd play really aggressively and take the ball to the hoop and get some rebounds as well but it's just not in his nature. I never understood why he didn't do it more cuz he was always good at it when he did and he's a really good free throw shooter.

That's been the book on Finley the past 5-7 years. This kind of shit is what drove the collective Mavs fan base insane. I read their boards during those last couple of years. The chatter sounded just like what we're saying and reading here. The fans wanted Finley either benched or gone altogether. In fact, before he was released via the amnesty exemption clause, it was widely assumed that Finley would be losing his starting job the next season. The talk among the Mavs community was how would Finley react to losing his starting job?

Once again, Pop fell is love with yet another over-the-hill, long-in-the-tooth, past-his-prime, ex-Maverick. First up Nicky Van Exel, then Finley. It's both amusing and disheartening that Pop fooled himself into thinking that these two guys were "important pieces" in a championship puzzle, when neither one of them ever won shit and had declining abilities.

Finley has been on the decline for the past 5 years and Pop acts as though he hadn't seen him play in five years. Same with NVE. Makes you wonder what the fuck Pop was thinking by signing both these guys? How many old guys does one coach need on his team?

mabber
01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
That's been the book on Finley the past 5-7 years. This kind of shit is what drove the collective Mavs fan base insane. I read their boards during those last couple of years. The chatter sounded just like what we're saying and reading here. The fans wanted Finley either benched or gone altogether. In fact, before he was released via the amnesty exemption clause, it was widely assumed that Finley would be losing his starting job the next seasons. The talk among the Mavs community was how would Finley react to losing his starting job?

Once again, Pop fell is love with yet another over-the-hill, long-in-the-tooth, past-his-prime, ex-Maverick. First up Nicky Van Exel, then Finley. It's both amusing and disheartening that Pop fooled himself into thinking that these two guys were "important pieces" in a championship puzzle, when neither one of them ever won shit and had declining abilities.

Finley has been on the decline for the past 5 years and Pop acts as though he hasn't seen him play in five years. Same with NVE. Makes you wonder what the fuck was he thinking by signing both these guys? How many old guys does one coach need on his team?

Yeah, you are absolutely correct about Finley and how frustrated most Mav fans were with him. He's a great guy but he drove me crazy with his unwillingness to attack the hoop (when he was more than capable). And the consensus around here is that Cuban & coaches didn't think Finley would handle coming off the bench very well since he had such a long history of starting in Dallas.

Obviously, everything revolves around money in this business and when Cuban was willing to let Finley go (and continue to pay him $17 million for the next 2 years) that should have told everyone where Finley's game was at. Yes, I realize that Cuban saved the same amount on luxury tax by waiving him but Cuban would have been more than willing to pay that tax if the team thought Finley was needed.

With that said, getting Finley for only the $5/6 million/year that the Spurs got him for was a bargain. It just appears to me that the team and some of the fans expected the Finley of old.

Texas_Ranger
01-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Trade Barry, trade Beno, trade Finley, trade Duncan..... Stop making that kind of stupid threads.

thekingrobert
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
the only thing that annoys me with Fin is when he's off he keeps shooting and when he's on he doesnt shoot

GrandeDavid
01-07-2007, 10:37 AM

This is the stupidest take ever. Do you actually have the capacity to think before you speak or write? Are you serious? Frightening how many low quality posters there are among the great ones here. Until the Mavs win a championship, don't even try to bring it. You should be smarting over that embarrassing collapse against the Heat last year. The Spurs, historically, are immensely more successful than the Mavs, and the Mavs rallied to win one over the Spurs in EARLY January. See you in the playoffs. Meanwhile, don't talk smack to Spurs fans until the Mavs have won three championships. Cya.

jbspurs
01-07-2007, 01:57 PM

Wake UP! Wake UP! It was just a dream!!! LOL :lol

mookie2001
01-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I agree, I'd deactivate him though

wildbill2u
01-07-2007, 02:19 PM
No one is going to offer anything. The only option is to bench him a la Steve Smith in 2003.
I'm afraid you're right, even though he'd be a cheap contract. Who wants to take our trash off our hands for a superior player? That's why so many posts about possible trades on this site are ludicrous.

But Why can't Pop get it through his head that the guy simply can't play so many minutes as a prime option in the rotation? He'll have an occasional flashback, but overall is a liability on the floor.

Sacramental
01-07-2007, 04:37 PM
finley is a big playoff performer. i remember when the kings played the mavs in the playoffs, finley would always kill us with big shots...

mabber
01-07-2007, 04:51 PM
finley is a big playoff performer. i remember when the kings played the mavs in the playoffs, finley would always kill us with big shots...

Yeah, but that was back when he was in his prime.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 05:12 PM
How do you trade something no one would want?

ducks
01-07-2007, 05:24 PM
spurs traded rose

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah, but that was with Isiah. :lol

ducks
01-07-2007, 05:35 PM
is this his not year of his contract?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 05:42 PM
is this his not year of his contract?

He's got a player option for next year, and it's not like there's huge saving with his deal - he's on the books for 2.8 million this year.

Tell me who on the Knicks roster you'd like us to get that we could expect Isiah to part with that makes about the same.

mFFL03
01-07-2007, 06:20 PM
we are basically paying finley to take bad shots when we play him.

Beautiful.

and as its been said before.....we wanted finley to become agressive and drive to the basket. he has the ability and the FT percentage to back it up...but he would just settle for jumpshots instead, he's just that type of player.

Oh and whoever said that haslem did a great job on Nowitzki needs to go back to that series. No calls for Dirk, and then petty fouls on the opposite end on the floor for Wade.....oh well...

We'll be there again....we will be there again......

jbspurs
01-07-2007, 06:47 PM

He doesn't have good ball handling ability to get to the basket. He can only dribble with his right hand!

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 06:59 PM
No calls for Dirk, and then petty fouls on the opposite end on the floor for Wade:lmao :lmao :lmao

Lest we break the constant mournful whine begun last June....

Clutch Mcroy
01-07-2007, 10:07 PM
All We Need is a Body to cover Nowizki!! Nobody seems to understand that WE DON'T NEED FINLEY!!!! He does nothing to contribute to our system. I can't count how many times I've been frustrated by seeing a hot Manu taken out so Pop can give Finley the minutes he suposedly deserves for all his so called accomplishments in the past. He's not a smart player, not a good defender, and not a necessary piece in the spurs system. We can still get some relative value for him if you consider the Spurs scouting. I'm sure we could find a diamond in the rough somewhere who could provide that physical spark.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I can't count how many times I've been frustrated by seeing a hot Manu taken out so Pop can give Finley the minutes he suposedly deserves for all his so called accomplishments in the past.

You don't know much about the Spurs, do you? Pop runs his rotations based on minutes, not who is hot or to give him minutes he 'supposedly deserves'.

BERSERK
01-07-2007, 11:12 PM
From what I'm hoping is that Pop just suddenly changes coaching approach in which he gives minutes to his most PRODUCTIVE players or at least make adjustments on the fly to match the opponents strengths and take advantage their weaknesses.

Big P
01-07-2007, 11:39 PM
He's making $2.8 million..who are you going to trade him for that makes that much& is better than he is?

Fabbs
01-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I swallow and say Finley
t_park some aspects of the FSClub and it's activities are best left off the board.

LEONARD
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Everytime Finley pulls up to take a jumper I pump my fist... :lol

VaSpursFan
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
You don't know much about the Spurs, do you? Pop runs his rotations based on minutes, not who is hot or to give him minutes he 'supposedly deserves'.

so true and this is what pisses me off about pop's stubborness to move away from this shitty strategy that has cost us so many games this season.

From what I'm hoping is that Pop just suddenly changes coaching approach in which he gives minutes to his most PRODUCTIVE players or at least make adjustments on the fly to match the opponents strengths and take advantage their weaknesses.

that's the sign of a good coach. along with a coach coming out with a strategy to win after half-time. no matter if we're up or down, same shit from Pop. same crappy line-ups that squander leads. it's really painful to watch at times. i don't understand how a coach can continue to do the same thing over and over again with the same shitty results and not want to change things.

island_dude
01-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Here's a cheap solution to guarding Dirk.

http://www.clutchcity.net/images/players/ryan_bowen.jpg

Ryan the Germanator Bowen! :lol

Dirk Nowitzki
01-09-2007, 07:34 PM

Yeah well your pussy ass blames the refs like a fucking coward (WE WERE OUTPLAYED) and enjoys watching other teams key players get injured so STFU! :rolleyes :rolleyes

mqywaaah
01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
"Has beens" who will never again become a "will be"?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-29-2007, 04:14 PM
bump

timvp
04-29-2007, 04:17 PM
bump

Premature Bumpulation.

He's had a very good three games but the playoffs just started. It's too early to label anyone as a success or failure for the playoffs.

In 2004, Horry and Rasho might have been the two best players on the court in the Memphis series. Then the Lakers happened.

exstatic
04-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Everytime Finley pulls up to take a jumper I pump my fist... :lol
Me, too.
:fro

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Premature Bumpulation.

He's had a very good three games but the playoffs just started. It's too early to label anyone as a success or failure for the playoffs.

In 2004, Horry and Rasho might have been the two best players on the court in the Memphis series. Then the Lakers happened.

Don't forget he was one of the few Spurs who played well vs. Dallas last year. For a role player Finley is doing a hell of a lot better than Barry has ever done for us in the playoffs

ChumpDumper
04-29-2007, 04:26 PM
TPark's lukewarm endorsement of Finley might end up owning everyone on this board. :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
04-29-2007, 04:35 PM
TPark's lukewarm endorsement of Finley might end up owning everyone on this board. :lolT Park is lukewarm about everything. Dude embodies "riding the fence"

T Park
04-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Well team wise lets hope so.

Karma wise, god, will that be the day the giant glacier breaks off into the atlantic ocean and brings about "The Day after Tommarow"

T Park
04-29-2007, 04:36 PM
T Park is lukewarm about everything. Dude embodies "riding the fence"

:rolleyes

Begone moron.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-29-2007, 04:37 PM
:rolleyes

Begone moron.What? I lie?

T Park
04-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Your talking out of your ass, when you don't know me one bit.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Personally, I think Finley won't be able to pull off games like today for the rest of the playoffs, which is not good news for us. I mean, without Finley's clutch 3's along with Horry's we would have been in real danger of losing this one. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Personally, I think Finley won't be able to pull off games like today for the rest of the playoffs, which is not good news for us. I mean, without Finley's clutch 3's along with Horry's we would have been in real danger of losing this one. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

He's been doing it for the last month

T Park
04-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Premature Bumpulation.

True premature, but, hes contributed more than the "steve smith clone" you had him being.

He contributed a hell of alot in last year's playoffs, and is doing the same again.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-29-2007, 04:44 PM
He's been doing it for the last monthThe Playoffs have only been going on for the last week though

T Park
04-29-2007, 04:46 PM
:lol

yeah Finley didn't hit clutch 3s in last year's playoffs either.

Game 3, before the infamous step on duncan'sfootfoul

he hit a three to give em a 2 point lead with a few seconds left.

T Park
04-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Hes taking shots away from Manu, so yeah, thats bad too.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Hes taking shots away from Manu, so yeah, thats bad too.What happened TPark, ran out of semi intelligent remarks so you revert to your usual idiot comments? What does Manu have to do with anything?

T Park
04-29-2007, 05:14 PM

yet your

"Well, I don't think Michael Finley can keep up his shooting, even though he did it last year, and hes even better this year, hes not gonna keep it up"

Yeah, but ive got the idiot comments.

STFU trick.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-29-2007, 05:24 PM
aah yes, thats some confidence you have in Finley's ability T Park. Hopefully you're right, for the Spurs sake.

Clutch20
04-29-2007, 05:35 PM
So Finley's driving you nuts, just like the opposition.
Deal with it.
Cry your heart out so that those tears will fall all over the front of your Spurs 2007 NBA Chanpionship TShirt :spin