PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs To Shake Things Up

Pages : [1] 2

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Shakeup could be in store for Spurs: Team is pondering changes to its rotation, thinking about trades

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Separated from Dallas in both standing and confidence, the Spurs began the rest of their season Saturday morning by confronting the considerable amount of work in front of them, not all of it limited to the court.

The Spurs carry a three-game losing streak into this afternoon's meeting with the Memphis Grizzlies, barely clinging onto a playoff seed that would allow them to open the postseason on their own floor. Coaches and players alike continue to applaud the team's effort but also realize effort alone isn't going to lift them to where they want to go.

"These are the situations that make or break teams," coach Gregg Popovich said. "We've always used the trying times to test our character in the sense of looking at what we can improve so we're a more disciplined, better executing team ... at playoff time.

"When you're in a little bit of a slump and not winning as many games as you'd like to, it has to be looked at as a great opportunity to get back to all the basics. That's what we try to do. It's been our goal every year, even in championship years.

"We've always had these periods and we've always dealt with them so we can be better come playoff time. We'll see if this group can do the same thing as past groups have."

To hasten that process, the Spurs are considering changes to their lineup and roster. Among the possible moves:

Giving Matt Bonner more, if not all, of Robert Horry's minutes.

The Spurs acquired Bonner for his shooting, but his rebounding and hustle have been infectious. Team officials also are concerned about making the same mistake they did last season when they stuck with another aging veteran, point guard Nick Van Exel, too long.

Shortening the rotation at the two wing positions from four players to three.

Manu Ginobili and Bruce Bowen would continue to start, but some of the coaches think that dividing the backup minutes between Brent Barry and Michael Finley has made it difficult for either reserve to settle into a rhythm.

If Popovich decides to use only one player in that role, Barry could get the nod given that he has ranked among the NBA's leaders in 3-point accuracy most of the season. But Finley is the more active defender of the two and Barry has struggled with his shot since the league switched to the leather ball, making just 1 of 11 attempts.

Asking Tony Parker to assume a larger workload.

Popovich returned Beno Udrih to the backup point guard role the past three games, but Udrih hasn't done much to prove he deserves to keep the job. He missed all six of his shots Friday and passed up other open looks, once again causing team officials to question whether he is capable of performing in pressure situations.

The Spurs continue to pursue trade possibilities. Friday's loss also further exposed the difficulties the Spurs have in matching up with the Mavericks, given their lack of athleticism at some positions.

Team officials continue to speak with the Clippers about swingman Corey Maggette. The Spurs have been hesitant about parting with both Barry and Udrih in a possible deal, but that could change. Bonner's name also has come up in talks with the Clippers.

The Clippers, according to a Western Conference official, are in talks with at least three other teams, and might not feel as pressured to move Maggette given that they also have fielded offers for Cuttino Mobley.

The Spurs have inquired about Toronto forward Morris Peterson, but those conversations haven't yielded much.

In the meantime, the Spurs can only try to improve their on-court performance. That includes Tim Duncan, who has performed at a steady, but not dominant level, even though he doesn't have the health concerns he did a year ago.

Duncan apologized to teammates and coaches for his role in Friday's loss. He scored only five of his 18 points after halftime and seemed reluctant to attack, even on one possession when he had only 6-foot-8 forward Devean George guarding him.

"You have to go through ups and downs in a season to build character in a team," Duncan said. "This is just our down time, and hopefully we can cut it off at this."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA20070107.01C.BKNspurs.3079208.html

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Hell yes, this is sweet :elephant

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 12:18 AM
This is a great article.

A lot of positives.

1. More Bonner, less Horry.
2. One of Finley or Barry out of the rotation.
3. More Tony, less Beno/Vaughn.
4. Hopefully a trade.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Trading Bonner would probably be a mistake if we don't get another big with some range.

I'm fine with the rest.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Team officials continue to speak with the Clippers about swingman Corey Maggette. The Spurs have been hesitant about parting with both Barry and Udrih in a possible deal, but that could change. Bonner's name also has come up in talks with the Clippers.

Dude, just fucking do it. All three of those guys - send them. Get back Quentin Ross, too.

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 12:22 AM
1) Hopefully we get a Maggette trade coming through the pipes soon, or someone as talented.
2) This is great news.
3) Ludden reads this forum, especially your posts LJ.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 12:23 AM
There are only two real concrete things in there:

1) Fewer Horry minutes. This seemed obvious after Bonner played well, though we saw little vs. Dallas.

2) A trade. Even that is somewhat unlikely.

Shortening Finley or Barry minutes? Big deal. Neither has been producing much, and I'm sure it'll take two weeks to figure out which one to bench.

Playing Parker extended minutes sounds fine, but will burn him up a bit more. Push.

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Giving Bonner more minutes
Yeah, this was obvious. Outside of Tim Duncan, Bonner has been playing better than any big. The more minutes you give him, the better. And if it has to come in place of Horry, so be it. The Spurs need to get him on the floor.

Shortening the swingman rotation
Hell yes. Bench Finley a la Steve Smith in '03. I've been calling for that recently and it's the right move. Finley is done. He gave all he could in last year's playoffs but his tank is empty.

Tony Parker to play more
Good idea. Parker is young enough to play more minutes. A 24-year-old players shouldn't have his minutes monitored. Duncan was playing 40 minutes per game at that age. Parker can and should play more. And really, Duncan and Manu can play more too. Manu should be closer to 30 than 25 ... and Duncan needs to be playing around 35-36.

Trades?
Got damn you stupid azz front office. SpursTalk was telling you to pull the trigger on the trade back when Barry and Beno had some sort of trade value. Instead you held out and now both are close to worthless. I seriously doubt that the Spurs can get Maggette now without giving up Barry, Beno and picks. Seven to ten days ago, they could have gotten Maggette for Barry and Beno straight up. Now the Clippers could ask for Bonner instead of Beno. And although I like Bonner, you still got to do it. Spurs screwed themselves by trying to be hard asses and didn't take the trade when Barry's stock was at its apex. Oh and no thank you in regards to Morris Peterson. He's another Finley/Barry.

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 12:28 AM
2) A trade. Even that is somewhat unlikely.

If they are doing as much as actually talking about it to Ludden that could mean it's already done. Usually there isn't even the whisperings of a trade when it happens with this team.

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Dude, just fucking do it. All three of those guys - send them. Get back Quentin Ross, too.

It's f'ed up now because the Spurs thought giving up two freakin' scrubs was too much because they didn't want to "give up ballhandling". Barry and Beno for Maggette should have been done by now.

I can't believe the Spurs waited until now when Barry's trade value is lower than ever and Beno has negative value. Now they have to give up a first round pick this year or Matt Bonner most likely.

Does this front office even watch basketball?

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 12:32 AM
AFAIK we're not sure it was just Barry+Udrih. And a week won't make much difference in their value. It's not like they just materialized in the basketball-playing universe. They remain the players now they were on 12/31, as the Clippers well-know.

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Why would the Clippers want Bonner, with Wilcox, Brand, and Kaman. It's not like Bonner can play the 3?

/on edit- meant Tim Thomas. Not Wilcox.

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Bonner played two minutes and Maggette didn't play tonight. Hmmmm....

I can't believe how bad the Spurs front office screwed up. Barry a few weeks ago was playing at such a high level that to a team like the Clippers, he was a perfect fit. Beno wasn't playing so he was a mystery player with nice looking stats the last couple of years.

Since then both players have sucked horribly and now the Spurs have to give up their best looking bench prospect in Bonner to get Maggette. I'd still do it but it sucks.

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Why would the Clippers want Bonner, with Wilcox, Brand, and Kaman. It's not like Bonner can play the 3?

They need shooting.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 12:34 AM
These are GMs, not day traders. I doubt their opinions on vets change that drastically over a week.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 12:34 AM
As a Spurs fan in Toronto i STRONGLY urge the Spurs to stay away from Morris Peterson Dude can hit shots now and again, but even in SA, he'll just jack up a shitload of shots and hit a low percentage. He's like a poor man's Stephen Jackson.

Now, of course an environment like SA can improve him, but depending on what they'd have to give up I'd say leave Peterson out of this.

Also, as bad as I want Maggette on this team, I feel kinda bad if we were to lose Bonner

anyways, this is a huge plus just knowing that the team is finally doing something about this, especially head office as oppose to just the players saying what they need to do.

Very good signs

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 12:35 AM
If they do trade 3 guys for Maggette, that leaves roster spots to pick up a promising big guy like Justin Williams. Oh, wait...

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:36 AM
AFAIK we're not sure it was just Barry+Udrih. And a week won't make much difference in their value. It's not like they just materialized in the basketball-playing universe. They remain the players now they were on 12/31, as the Clippers well-know.

Have you watch Barry and Beno play the last week. They've looked horrid. You don't think the Clippers had scouts at the games?

How can you not think Barry shooting at a record pace vs. Barry looking like a washed up 35 year old while making no difference in a pivotal game can effect trade value?

:dizzy

Mr. Body
These are GMs, not day traders. I doubt their opinions on vets change that drastically over a week.

Thank you. The point I was trying to make.

PM5K
They need to do something, while their record is fairly good, they've consistently been unable to beat the best teams in the league and those are the teams they'll face in the playoffs...

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 12:37 AM

Wilcox got traded from the Clippers last season. Just FYI.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Have you watch Barry and Beno play the last week. They've looked horrid. You don't think the Clippers had scouts at the games?

How can you not think Barry shooting at a record pace vs. Barry looking like a washed up 35 year old while making no difference in a pivotal game can effect trade value?

:dizzy

I've always been a huge fan of Barry.

But I agree with you timvp

despite having hot shooting in the past few months (or at least with the old ball) I think this team has to pull the trigger on a Maggette trade. Also, Udrih has to go no matter what. I'd rather have Oberton running the point as a backup to TP over Udrih.

I know

It's that bad

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:38 AM

The Clippers wanted Barry for his "basketball IQ" in hopes that it'd help them in the playoffs. Last night's game was a playoff type game. Barry played like garbage.

It's human nature to want the guy shooting 55% on threes compared to the guy who went 1-11 in the last three games and did nothing in the biggest game of the year.

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Wilcox got traded from the Clippers last season. Just FYI.
Yeah I caught that I meant Tim Thomas.

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:39 AM
As a Spurs fan in Toronto i STRONGLY urge the Spurs to stay away from Morris Peterson Dude can hit shots now and again, but even in SA, he'll just jack up a shitload of shots and hit a low percentage. He's like a poor man's Stephen Jackson.

Now, of course an environment like SA can improve him, but depending on what they'd have to give up I'd say leave Peterson out of this.

Yeah Peterson is Finley a couple years younger with herpes.

baseline bum
01-07-2007, 12:40 AM
This is the first time in years I've wanted the Spurs to shake the roster up in midseason, but it's obvious this team is too old to compete for a championship. This team just doesn't look anything like the Spurs we've known for so many years. Man, that 63 win season last year was fools gold.

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:40 AM
If they do trade 3 guys for Maggette, that leaves roster spots to pick up a promising big guy like Justin Williams. Oh, wait...

The trade would most likely be Barry and Bonner for Maggette. Udrih isn't worth his expiring contract at this point.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 12:41 AM
The Clippers wanted Barry for his "basketball IQ" in hopes that it'd help them in the playoffs. Last night's game was a playoff type game. Barry played like garbage.

It's human nature to want the guy shooting 55% on threes compared to the guy who went 1-11 in the last three games and did nothing in the biggest game of the year.Sorry man, Barry and Beno's sucking in San Antonio is well documented over several years. If they wanted them before, they'll still want them now.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah Peterson is Finley a couple years younger with herpes.

:rollin

not to go off topic, but it's hillarious how the city is praising the raps for their "rebirth" since they're a #4 seed as of right now

Of course, no one mentions that this might be the worst eastern conference the NBA has ever seen.

Apparently TJ Ford was the best trade of the summer :lol

Russ
01-07-2007, 12:43 AM

The Clippers love Quentin Ross -- he's no "throw in" as far as they're concerned.

If RC can pull off Barry and Udrich for Maggette, he should Exec of the Year for the rest of the decade. The Clippers think they can get an impact player like a Ron Artest. They may not be able to, but I doubt the Spurs can come even close to the best offers they'll receive. (Hope I'm wrong.)

ChumpDumper
I think and will continue to think that the sticking point in the Clipper trade was something besides the principals--picks or cash--and that both sides are content to wait until the deadline gets nearer. That's GM nature.

timvp
Sorry man, Barry and Beno's sucking in San Antonio is well documented over several years. If they wanted them before, they'll still want them now.

So you don't think Bonner playing well lately and Barry and Udrih sucking has anything to do with the Clippers all of a sudden wanting Bonner thrown in?

Two weeks ago Elgin Baylor didn't know Bonner was on this team.

Bob Lanier
01-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Mo Pete can also play good, solid defense. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260122013)

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 12:45 AM
The best offer they received from what I can tell is Barry and Beno from the spurs

The Jazz want him but I don't know what they are offering.
The Nets turned down a Maggette + Mobley for Carter trade
The Heat want to trade Posey for him
The Kings turned down the Artest deal.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 12:45 AM
I think and will continue to think that the sticking point in the Clipper trade was something besides the principals--picks or cash--and that both sides are content to wait until the deadline gets nearer. That's GM nature.

but considering Maggette is just sitting there and hardly playing, don't you think they'd rather just get rid of him right away? I know Indy took their time with Artest, but just having a player take up a roster spot as dead space should encourage the Clips to make a move sooner than later.

But things definitely get interesting/desperate around the trade deadline.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 12:46 AM
So you don't think Bonner playing well lately and Barry and Udrih sucking has anything to do with the Clippers all of a sudden wanting Bonner thrown in?

Two weeks ago Elgin Baylor didn't know Bonner was on this team.I think we never know the full story. If Baylor is working on the kind of scouting you describe he should keep Maggette.

dave
01-07-2007, 12:47 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRADE FOR MOPETE
THE SPURS WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!

and give the raptors a break, a lot of the players had never played with each other before and were still getting used to it

you can obviously tell they're getting better, i mean - 2 point loss to PHX without TJ Ford or Garbajosa? Even though I knew they wouldn't win, they sure as hell put up a good fight.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 12:48 AM
but considering Maggette is just sitting there and hardly playingHe just played 40 minutes a couple of days ago and almost 27mpg for the season.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 12:50 AM

I don't think the Clips have any intention of waiting much longer. I understood that they want the trade done by next week.

But I agree picks/cash/etc might be the make it or break it. The Clips aren't going to get a "name" player for Maggette. So if "basketball IQ" and outside shooting is what they are looking for, then I think they'll work on making something work to get Barry.

timvp
01-07-2007, 12:50 AM
I think we never know the full story. If Baylor is working on the kind of scouting you describe he should keep Maggette.

If you are the Spurs, do you trade Bonner and Barry for Maggette with no Bonner replacement on the horizon?

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 12:55 AM
If you are the Spurs, do you trade Bonner and Barry for Maggette with no Bonner replacement on the horizon?If he's taking Finley's place in the small-ball lineup, sure.

(PS - the only big guys in the D-League with that range are Jawad Williams (who is pretty much becoming Lee Nailon) and a seven foot teenager who weighs as much as Bruce Bowen)

If Maggette is really as good as everyone thinks, why not?

TwoHandJam
01-07-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm with you timvp. I'm very happy the Spurs are looking at a trade for Maggette but I'm very pissed they waited this long before jumping at the chance of trading Barry and Beno. If we have to give up Bonner for him you still do it but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because Horry is finished.

I don't understand why the FO has been two steps behind this forum when they get paid handsomely to run the organization. God help us if they decide that the third swingman will be Finley. Wouldn't that be the defacto case if we lose both Barry and Bonner?

Bob Lanier
01-07-2007, 12:59 AM
a seven foot teenager who weighs as much as Bruce Bowen
If you're looking for a Dirk-stopper, that's more or less what you want. If he can move well laterally, his strength doesn't matter - Dirk will only back his defenders down to 12 feet in and then shoot fadeaways, so length is the most important asset. The lack of bulk is actually an advantage if it can make him more likely to cover Dirk's drives well.

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm with you timvp. I'm very happy the Spurs are looking at a trade for Maggette but I'm very pissed they waited this long before jumping at the chance of trading Barry and Beno. If we have to give up Bonner for him you still do it but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because Horry is finished.

I don't understand why the FO has been two steps behind this forum when they get paid handsomely to run the organization.

Yeah, it's annoying that they can't even see their own players and figure out when it's a good time to sell high. Not offering Beno and Barry because of some BS ballhandling argument is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

God help us if they decide that the third swingman will be Finley. Wouldn't that be the defacto case if we lose both Barry and Bonner?

If Maggette comes, then the three man rotation would be Manu, Bowen and Maggette. My dream scenario is putting Maggette in the starting lineup and bringing Manu off the bench. That'd give the Spurs the biggest bench weapon in the league and would speed Maggette's growth. Not to mention the added rebounding to the starting lineup.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 01:02 AM
If you're looking for a Dirk-stopper, that's more or less what you want. If he can move well laterally, his strength doesn't matter - Dirk will only back his defenders down to 12 feet in and then shoot fadeaways, so length is the most important asset. The lack of bulk is actually an advantage if it can make him more likely to cover Dirk's drives well.I like the guy, but he is in no way ready for prime time.

Buddy Holly
01-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Brent
Horry
Williams
Udrih

for

Maggette
Mobley

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:04 AM
We need a list of people who are on the trading block and are realistic options; if that's not too much to ask..

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:06 AM
and a seven foot teenager who weighs as much as Bruce Bowen

Ricky Sanchez would be a pretty nice investment for a team to pick up and stash on their IR for a couple years. Denver gave up their rights to him, right?

SilverPlayer
How about this trade?

San Antonio Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Brent Barry
Eric Williams
Matt Bonner

Incoming
Ron Artest

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Brad Miller
Ron Artest

Incoming
Eric Williams
Cuttino Mobley
Corey Maggette

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Cuttino Mobley
Corey Maggette

Incoming
Brent Barry
Matt Bonner
Brad Miller

Successful Scenario
Due to San Antonio, Sacramento, and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. San Antonio, Sacramento, and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

VaSpursFan
after reading this article...i think spurstalk is read by the front office. it's almost like they checked in to see what our thoughts were and intimated this to ludden.

i'm happy with what i read...spurs finally realize that the sky is falling. i'm with Timvp...the FO should not have hesitated on the beno/barry trade for c. magg b/c if they wanted 2 "capable" ball players for the playoffs...beno/barry's performance in the dallas game pretty much dispelled that notion. now we risk losing our high energy bonner...it's like a comedy of errors. the one bench player, playing worth a damn may end up leaving. holt should fire the entire FO...it has to be full of fucking yes men or former tennis players trying to run a b-ball team.

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 01:07 AM
If you are the Spurs, do you trade Bonner and Barry for Maggette with no Bonner replacement on the horizon?YES.

I love Bonner but Maggette to this team is much more important than Bonner.

TwoHandJam
01-07-2007, 01:07 AM
If Maggette comes, then the three man rotation would be Manu, Bowen and Maggette. My dream scenario is putting Maggette in the starting lineup and bringing Manu off the bench. That'd give the Spurs the biggest bench weapon in the league and would speed Maggette's growth. Not to mention the added rebounding to the starting lineup.

Ok, but who's going to eat up the minutes Horry and Bonner won't be getting if we lose Bonner? Don't you think Maggette will play the 4 in smallball?

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Brent
Horry
Williams
Udrih

for

Maggette
Mobley

Horry has this year and next year guaranteed. The Clippers wouldn't take that on.

P.S.

Horry makes as much money as Reggie Evans :shootme

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Ricky Sanchez would be a pretty nice investment for a team to pick up and stash on their IR for a couple years. Denver gave up their rights to him, right?Yeah, anyone can call him up. All he can do now is shoot, but if he can bulk up enough to stand some contact, he could be really nice to have.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Horry has this year and next year guaranteed. The Clippers wouldn't take that on.

P.S.

Horry makes as much money as Reggie Evans :shootme

Horry still gets his free pass from 03 and 05

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:09 AM
How about this trade?

San Antonio Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Brent Barry
Eric Williams
Matt Bonner

Incoming
Ron Artest

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Brad Miller
Ron Artest

Incoming
Eric Williams
Cuttino Mobley
Corey Maggette

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Cuttino Mobley
Corey Maggette

Incoming
Brent Barry
Matt Bonner
Brad Miller

Successful Scenario
Due to San Antonio, Sacramento, and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. San Antonio, Sacramento, and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

For a RealGM trade, that was pretty well done. Won't happen though because Sacramento isn't interested in Maggette for Artest.

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 01:10 AM
after reading this article...i think spurstalk is read by the front office. it's almost like they checked in to see what our thoughts were and intimated this to ludden.

i'm happy with what i read...spurs finally realize that the sky is falling. i'm with Timvp...the FO should not have hesitated on the beno/barry trade for c. magg b/c if they wanted 2 "capable" ball players for the playoffs...beno/barry's performance in the dallas game pretty much dispelled that notion. now we risk losing our high energy bonner...it's like a comedy of errors. the one bench player, playing worth a damn may end up leaving. holt should fire the entire FO...it has to be full of fucking yes men or former tennis players trying to run a b-ball team.No, you will just see that there are people here who follow the league incredibly closely and know basketball very well. Timvp, Solid D, and others always have very good insight. LJ makes uncanny reads and is right on 90% of the time.

tlongII
01-07-2007, 01:10 AM
You will soon discover what the rest of the world already knows...

Matt Bonner is a stiff.

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 01:11 AM
For a RealGM trade, that was pretty well done. Won't happen though because Sacramento isn't interested in Maggette for Artest.But thats Mobley and Magette for Artest.

Either way I don't want Artest here.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 01:11 AM
For a RealGM trade, that was pretty well done. Won't happen though because Sacramento isn't interested in Maggette for Artest.

Plus the Spurs would be still stuck with Beno :lol

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:12 AM
YES.

I love Bonner but Maggette to this team is much more important than Bonner.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Bonner is a good 8th man but Maggette would be a good starter. Have to do it.

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 01:12 AM
I wonder if Pop is considering starting Bonner at least until Elson gets back. I doubt that I guess, because he'd probably start Oberto. I think giving Bonner more minutes is a damn good thing, and I think shortening the rotation in general and playing our starters more is also a good thing and I think a trade MAY be a great thing depending on who they get.

Russ
01-07-2007, 01:13 AM
If you are the Spurs, do you trade Bonner and Barry for Maggette with no Bonner replacement on the horizon?

Yes, in the NBA, the team that gets the best player in a deal is the winner -- especially a potential long term asset like Maggette. You can always find Bonners (heck, he was basically just a throw in a trade to dump salary by the Spurs).

Maggette is exactlty the type of player the Mavs have been quietly accumulating the last 2-3 years. He could be the Mav antidote. :)

TwoHandJam
No, you will just see that there are people here who follow the league incredibly closely and know basketball very well.
I'm going out on a limb here but isn't the FO supposed to "follow the league incredibly closely and know basketball very well"?

Mr.Bottomtooth
One thing I would change on that list is give E-Will more time.

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Yeah I was hoping Sac would go for it with all the cap space I was giving them still I don't know what LA would do with Brad Miller backing up Elton Brand.

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Ok, but who's going to eat up the minutes Horry and Bonner won't be getting if we lose Bonner? Don't you think Maggette will play the 4 in smallball?

Yeah, Maggette would be the 4 in small ball and would be the best fit for the position since the Spurs let go of Devin. You play him down low and he can rebound pretty well for you.

As far as who would get those minutes, perhaps the Spurs would play Elson and Oberto more. Or go with Horry in spurts.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
elliottfan - This picture in your sig isn't working right - http://www.ag-east.org/images/malcolm2.jpg.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 01:17 AM
One thing I would change on that list is give E-Will more time.True, we may have our Bonner replacement already on the roster, at least for shooting. If we have no confidence in him, we could try to rent Kukoc for one more go round or something like that.

Southwest Texas Fan
01-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Timvp, maybe you should work for the Spurs FO.

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 01:19 AM
True, at this point there is no reason not to give Williams more time.

Mr. Body
The best offer they received from what I can tell is Barry and Beno from the spurs

The Jazz want him but I don't know what they are offering.
The Nets turned down a Maggette + Mobley for Carter trade
The Heat want to trade Posey for him
The Kings turned down the Artest deal.

This is the most vital thing. We're competing with other teams for Maggette.

The Jazz, I've heard, could be offering Giricek/Brewer (did you know GG is getting over $4M/yr?)

The Nets seem to be out of it.
The Heat's deal is not particularly attractive. They bit themselves in the ass by deactivating Posey, if they're shopping him.
The Kings were never truly offering Artest.

Toronto may be in the mix for MoPete.

If we were happy to get Maggs with Barry+Udrih, we should be just as happy to do Barry+Bonner. But since this article is mentioning lots of time for Bonner in place of Horry, he may not be on the table at all.

Even dismal against Dallas, Barry and Udrih both fill roles for LAC. Barry because he's the shooter and ball-handler they could really use. Udrih could replace Daniel Ewing, who is not a true PG.

The Clips are also suffering chemistry-wise. Subtracting Maggette is a plus, first of all, and Barry has shown to be a consumate locker-room, glue guy. Udrih still has potential and may just need the proper situation to thrive.

Of all the situations on the table, with the possible exception of the Raptors, the Spurs' is still the best I see.

Mr.Bottomtooth
elliottfan - This picture in your sig isn't working right - http://www.ag-east.org/images/malcolm2.jpg.
Thanks. :tu I'll go find another picture.

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Timvp, maybe you should work for the Spurs FO.

No thanks. Then I wouldn't be able to post. :drunk

VaSpursFan
01-07-2007, 01:23 AM
True, we may have our Bonner replacement already on the roster, at least for shooting. If we have no confidence in him, we could try to rent Kukoc for one more go round or something like that.

yeah, e-will has performed capably when given the chance. he's a bit of a relic and i'd like to keep the younger bonner, but we cannot pass up c. magg. this is one deal that has to be done.

Buddy Holly
01-07-2007, 01:24 AM
What about using Scola's rights?

That could probably spice up a Barry/Beno or Barry/Bonner trade.

TwoHandJam
01-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, Maggette would be the 4 in small ball and would be the best fit for the position since the Spurs let go of Devin. You play him down low and he can rebound pretty well for you.

As far as who would get those minutes, perhaps the Spurs would play Elson and Oberto more. Or go with Horry in spurts.
I could see that happening. You have to do the trade even if it means losing Bonner but the knock on Mags is that he's always been fragile. If he goes down (and it's likely he will) no one can fill the void he will leave. That's the only real downside. Other than that, his rebounding and his ability to get to the line will be a Godsend.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 01:26 AM

I don't think there's a lot of interest in Scola. If there would be, it'd be offseason when his buyout numbers are clearer.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Beno+Barry+our 2nd rounder this year(not the one from the Bucks)+Scola's rights for Maggette

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 01:27 AM
I just reread the article, and damn it does read like a laundry list of Spurstalk beefs.

Honestly, the most important portion of the article is the last few lines. If Tim Duncan regrows his balls, and starts playing at a dominant level, then the Spurs can win with this team.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:27 AM
This thread is uplifting me from the sadness of the Cowboys game.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:28 AM
I just reread the article, and damn it does read like a laundry list of Spurstalk beefs.

Honestly, the most important portion of the article is the last few lines. If Tim Duncan regrows his balls, and starts playing at a dominant level, then the Spurs can win with this team.
Yeah, but the Spurs are actually listening this time.

K-State Spur

I agree, the Clips aren't the idiots they once were. It's not like Beno was playing great and just now became fat, lazy, and lost his shot. And Barry will always have 1 for 11 stretches to go with the hot shooting.

They knew what they were getting last week - a 3 point shooter to stretch the floor + a point guard with some past success who may be able to rekindle it with another club. That's exactly what they would be looking at getting now.

The big question is was that rumored deal exactly as it appear in the Express, or maybe there was one more player/pick involved that didn't make it into print. Just because there might be rumors of that now doesn't mean that things have changed, it just might mean that it wasn't previously reported.

Mr. Body
You have to do the trade even if it means losing Bonner but the knock on Mags is that he's always been fragile. If he goes down (and it's likely he will) no one can fill the void he will leave.

True. That sucks. He's out with a sore widdle foot at the moment.

Anyone know a list of the ailments he's had over the years?

timvp

They can have Scola if they want him. I'm guessing they wouldn't.

The Clippers already have a bigman playing overseas that they can't get to come over the pond.

VaSpursFan
01-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Yeah, but the Spurs are actually listening this time.

i haven't been on the board long...but it's great that they may be listening :elephant

TwoHandJam
01-07-2007, 01:31 AM

Anyone know a list of the ailments he's had over the years?To be fair, the recent "sore foot" could just be insurance before an impending deal but he has been out a lot. He's never played a complete season.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:31 AM
They can have Scola if they want him. I'm guessing they wouldn't.

The Clippers already have a bigman playing overseas that they can't get to come over the pond.
Why not? I hear he has only a 1/2 mil buyout. Aren't NBA teams allowed to give their oversea draft picks a max of 1/2 mil?

T Park
01-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Wow, that game seems to have shaken up more than Manu.

Very interesting.

IF the Spurs can somehow get Maggette without giving up Bonner, then this team can beat Dallas no problem.

Maggette Bowen Ginobili Parker Duncan beats the Mavericks no problem.

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 01:35 AM
No team we get beats the Mavs with "no problem"

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 01:36 AM
IF the Spurs can somehow get Maggette without giving up Bonner, then this team can beat Dallas no problem.

Maggette Bowen Ginobili Parker Duncan beats the Mavericks no problem.

That's a little much, but it does give an unexpected quality to the Spurs. Which they haven't had vs. the Mavs in God knows how long. We're too damn predictable.

timvp

Off the top of my head, I don't remember any major structural damage that would hinder his career. And it's funny how going from a bad team (or a bad situation) to a good team all of sudden heals minor injuries. Derek Anderson missed even more game and when he joined the Spurs, he played 82 games.

Again, with Chip Engelland being his personal shooting coach for years, the Spurs will know whether he's a china doll or just another Clipper who can't wait to get out of that organization.

itzsoweezee
what i'd like to see - popovich playing the player that's playing well and benching the player that's sucking it up. is that too much to ask? if bonner or vaughn is playing well, why not let him play? vaughn was playing alright and all of sudden he's buried on the bench udrih. bonner plays great when he gets a chance but he rides the pine while horry stinks it up. i don't get it.

VaSpursFan
01-07-2007, 01:37 AM
No team we get beats the Mavs with "no problem"

agree...it's always going to be tough with that freakish 7 footer creating matchup problems.

Buddy Holly
01-07-2007, 01:38 AM
VERY far stretch but works:

Spurs:

Barry
Williams
Bonner
Beno

Clippers

Maggette
Mobley

Indiana:

Jax
Sarunas
Darrell

Jax and Maggette to SA.

Brent, Bonner, Sarunas, Darrell to LA.

Mobley, Beno, Williams to Indy.

VaSpursFan
Off the top of my head, I don't remember any major structural damage that would hinder his career. And it's funny how going from a bad team (or a bad situation) to a good team all of sudden heals minor injuries. Derek Anderson missed even more game and when he joined the Spurs, he played 82 games.

Again, with Chip Engelland being his personal shooting coach for years, the Spurs will know whether he's a china doll or just another Clipper who can't wait to get out of that organization.

it wouldn't surprise me if Chip put the bug in Pop's ear about this. The only thing is that it took the Dallas lost to seriously consider the trade.

ChumpDumper
I think a Bonner trade would open the door pretty widely for Scola next season. It's a pretty weak FA market for bigs this summer and no immediate help would come from our draft spots.

Depending on his asking price of course.

sabar
I really hope something actually comes out of this. I'm tired of waiting in anticipation for a killer trade over the last couple years and just getting dissapointed when our FO drops it.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 01:40 AM
it wouldn't surprise me if Chip put the bug in Pop's ear about this. The only thing is that it took the Dallas lost to seriously consider the trade.

I'm convinced the Spurs wanted to see how the Dallas game went before making any trades.

It is interesting Engellund worked with Maggette. That makes me feel a bit better.

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:40 AM
I think a Bonner trade would open the door pretty widely for Scola next season. It's a pretty weak FA market for bigs this summer and no immediate help would come from our draft spots.

Yeah, I think Scola doesn't become a free agent until the summer of 2008. As long as he is under contract, it isn't looking like Tau will let him go.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 01:41 AM

Not only a weak big market, but the draft looks to be killer with big man prospects.

T Park
01-07-2007, 01:42 AM
That's a little much, but it does give an unexpected quality to the Spurs. Which they haven't had vs. the Mavs in God knows how long. We're too damn predictable

If the Spurs had a Maggette type player yesterday, they win that game.

No question in my mind.

Hell, had Horry or Bonner just played, they would've won.

The Bonner playing more, and Horry less or none is suprising.

Horry is still moving well, his minutes against Dirk, he stayed with him and kept a hand in his face pretty well. i wonder if its just age, saving, or something else.

Hell, Horry didn't even get to take a shot.

Him shooting or making a three, would've helped imensly.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 01:42 AM

15-Dec-06: Missed 2 games (bruised left knee).
11-Dec-06: Bruised left knee, inactive list.
19-Apr-06: Missed 7 games (back spasms).
09-Apr-06: Back spasms, day-to-day.
03-Mar-06: Missed 39 games (foot injury).
07-Dec-05: Foot injury, day-to-day.
09-Nov-05: Missed 4 games (hamstring).
05-Nov-05: Hamstring, day-to-day.
20-Apr-05: Missed 5 games (left wrist injury).
13-Apr-05: Left wrist injury, injured list.
12-Apr-05: Left wrist injury, remainder of the regular season.
09-Feb-05: Missed 5 games (shoulder injury).
29-Jan-05: Shoulder injury, day-to-day.
26-Jan-05: Missed 2 games (left foot injury).
22-Jan-05: Left foot injury, day-to-day.
26-Dec-04: Missed 1 game (groin).
21-Dec-04: Groin, day-to-day.
01-Dec-04: Missed 2 games (sprained left ankle).
28-Nov-04: Sprained left ankle, day-to-day.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 01:43 AM
The foot injury (39 games) was a ligament issue. He had a cast for a couple months I believe.

T Park
01-07-2007, 01:43 AM
It is interesting Engellund worked with Maggette. That makes me feel a bit better.

He turned him from a dude who dunked, to a stud, close to, all star.

Engelland is a hell of a shooting coach, evidenced by Parker, and Maggette.

Of course his FT shooting coaching hasn't caught on yet.

Hes improved Oberto some as well.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:44 AM

Spurs should trade to draft Aaron Gray or sign Javtokas. We should use the draft to get another PG.

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:46 AM

Good research. :married:

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Maggette's numbers in two games against Dallas this year: at about his average.

Mins: 30:11
Rbs: 6.5
Ast: 0.5
TOs: 2.0
Stls:0.5
blks:0.0
PFs:2.0
Pts:15.5

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Good research. :married:

Yeah thanks :makeout

The foot that is bothering him currently is the same foot (left) that he had problems with before. However, I don't know if currently it's a ligament thing or what.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Maggette's numbers in two games against Dallas this year: at about his average.

Mins: 30:11
Rbs: 6.5
Ast: 0.5
TOs: 2.0
Stls:0.5
blks:0.0
PFs:2.0
Pts:15.5
:danceclub

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 01:49 AM

A suggestion of balls, perhaps?

Thumbs up and thanks, Kori.

Amuseddaysleeper
I agree with you Manny in that I'd like to see Bonner start in place of Elson as well. I mean, Bonner hustles his ass off, and while he may be no Defensive stopper, I can't see him faring worse than Oberto.

Plus, I like Oberto off the bench

although I'd like to see Bonner subbed out before TD so TD and Oberto can play together because I've always been a fan of that tandem

ChumpDumper
Spurs should trade to draft Aaron Gray or sign Javtokas. We should use the draft to get another PG.Is Javtokas even playing anymore?

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah thanks :makeout

The foot that is bothering him currently is the same foot (left) that he had problems with before. However, I don't know if currently it's a ligament thing or what.

Looks like the current problem is a sprained ankle and an arch problem that has been bothering him for 2 weeks. He had been trying to play through it.

(And yes, I just quoted myself)

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Is Javtokas even playing anymore?

He took a long dive off a short cliff basketball-wise.

timvp
01-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Looks like the current problem is a sprained ankle and an arch problem that has been bothering him for 2 weeks. He had been trying to play through it.

Sounds like a "trade me now" injury. Or a "trade imminent" injury.

:smokin

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Is Javtokas even playing anymore?
:lol I don't know but I have a feeling he will be a good backup if not starting center for us in a few years.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 01:53 AM

No, it's an actual injury. He stepped on Ariza's foot on Jan 2 and suffered a sprain ankle and sprained arch. Since then, he's been trying to play through it. So I correct myself, it wasn't 2 weeks ago, just this past week.

lefty
01-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Obviously, Corey will help us on the offensive end ; but can he stop Dirk? no

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 01:56 AM

Yeah we aren't talking about him stopping Dirk. We are talking about upgrading the wing spots.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 01:56 AM

Clips got killed by the Hawks tonight. How embarrassing. I could guess the Maggette situation has been gnawing at the team and I agree Maggette might be shutting it down in 'trade me' protest.

A big bonus for them acquiring Barry would be adding a character guy.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah we aren't talking about him stopping Dirk. We are talking about upgrading the wing spots.

And rebounds. I think most of us will be happy just with rebounds. I for one am sick of seeing Josh Howard and crew picking up 5+ offensive boards a game.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 01:58 AM

how many players realistically can stop Dirk?

I'd just stick Bowen, Elson on him and let Dirk get his

I'd try to focus more on limiting Howard and Terry

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 01:59 AM
No one in the league can stop Dirk.

joeyjfive
01-07-2007, 02:00 AM
I dont think anyone can stop Dirk at this point, you can only SLOW him down. But one thing I did notice about the Dallas loss is that Dirk is an absolute horrible defender, theres bad ones out there but we need to completely expose this. I mean for gods sake Oberto was lighting his ass up. Dirk is a huge liability out there. (and yes I know Dirk has been a bad defender for his whole career but I never relized it was that bad)

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Clips got killed by the Hawks tonight. How embarrassing.

Hopefully this doesn't have the opposite effect and make the Clippers realize that they need Maggette. For the season, Maggette is their best +/- guy and getting blown out by the Hawks without him might be a wakeup call.

Southwest Texas Fan
01-07-2007, 02:01 AM

I wonder if the Spurs FO is reluctant to pull the trigger because he is somewhat fragile. But at this point like someone else mentioned a different environment would make all the difference in a players attitude.

Buddy Holly
01-07-2007, 02:01 AM
But doesn't Dunleavy want him out bad?

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Yeah, if they were willing to let him go for Barry and Beno, they can't really care that much.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 02:02 AM
I dont think anyone can stop Dirk at this point, you can only SLOW him down. But one thing I did notice about the Dallas loss is that Dirk is an absolute horrible defender, theres bad ones out there but we need to completely expose this. I mean for gods sake Oberto was lighting his ass up. Dirk is a huge liability out there. (and yes I know Dirk has been a bad defender for his whole career but I never relized it was that bad)

Well I think that's also why so many of us were pissed when Dirk had 4 fouls or so and had to guard Duncan, and instead of TD trying to get Dirk his 4th and 5th foul, just kept throwing up weak shit time and time again.

It's almost sad when Dirk arguably guarded TD better than TD guarded Dirk

I think SA needs to exploit Dirk's defensive weakness much like you can with the excellent-yet foul prone Amare Stoudemire

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Hopefully this doesn't have the opposite effect and make the Clippers realize that they need Maggette. For the season, Maggette is their best +/- guy and getting blown out by the Hawks without him might be a wakeup call.

Maggette's demand to be traded pretty much nullifies anything the clippers want, unless they give him the starting job beck, and I don't think they are going to do that.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 02:04 AM

Ah, but Maggette claims he'll be elsewhere by the end of the year. The Clips have to know their better option may be to sit on him until summer, but he's a threat to be a distraction. It is a little puzzling how they let the situation sour, but hey.

jcrod
01-07-2007, 02:05 AM
There's no mention of Williams. Why is he the forgotten man. Why won't Pop play him?

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Right now the Clippers are a lottery team with Maggette playing 90% of the games.

He wants to leave and they want him gone.

They need a change and that is a change (not the best one maybe, but trades aren't easy things).

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Dunleavy will still hate him, even if the Clips are losing. So I don't think anything changes in their desire to trade him.

lefty
01-07-2007, 02:09 AM
No one in the league can stop Dirk.

I can
:downspin: :downspin:

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Oh yeah, tonight Tim Thomas was the only Clip who even attempted a three pointer.

Elgin wants shooters.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:13 AM
god, if the deal could go down, the hope would be back :lol

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:15 AM
Well, if the Spurs end up putting Bonner in the rotation, shortening the rotation, playing the Big Three more minutes and looking harder at Maggette, the loss to the Mavs would have been worth it. If the Spurs won, they could have just continued playing a style that was going to get them bounced in the playoffs.

Tomorrow should be an interesting game.

P.S.

In regards to shortening the rotation, is everyone in agreement that it should be Barry over Finley? To me it's close but I give the slight advantage to Barry because he has been shooting better. Although a case can be made that Finley's superior defense makes him the more valuable player.

lefty
If we get Corey, hope he won't have a major injury

samikeyp
In regards to shortening the rotation, is everyone in agreement that it should be Barry over Finley?

I do.

Russ
01-07-2007, 02:17 AM

Diagnosis based upon the above: Clipperitis.

Maggette will explode once he leaves. The Spurs tried to get him when he was a restricted FA a couple summers ago. He signed with Utah (I believe) and the Clipps matched. Why they soured on him, I don't know. I don't see all the selfishness that has been discussed.

But I just don't see the Clipps trading him to the Spurs -- despite his problems, he's got too much talent to be traded for a journeyman (Bonner), a past-his-prime shooter (Barry) and/or a poor man's version of Marco Jaric (when the Clippers already got rid of the genuine article with no regrets.)

It's great listerning to all this talk, though, even if I can't quite buy it.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:18 AM
In regards to shortening the rotation, is everyone in agreement that it should be Barry over Finley? To me it's close but I give the slight advantage to Barry because he has been shooting better. Although a case can be made that Finley's superior defense makes him the more valuable player.

Finley.

Finley last night actually made shots, and will drive to the bucket in traffic.

Barry still does the passive bullshit, throw it back out, and sotp and shoot that one handed bitch shot.

Fuck barry and bench him again.

Look how well it worked in game 1 :smokin

lefty
01-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Buti f Corey joins SAS, Manu we'll be a 6th man, because Corey doesn't want to come of the bench ; and we need Bowen's D
And Corey is a little bit selfish too

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 02:19 AM
Barry over Finley easily

ChumpDumper
In regards to shortening the rotation, is everyone in agreement that it should be Barry over Finley? To me it's close but I give the slight advantage to Barry because he has been shooting better.Not this week, Elgin.

T Park
Diagnosis based upon the above: Clipperitis.

Maggette will explode once he leaves. The Spurs tried to get him when he was a restricted FA a couple summers ago. He signed with Utah (I believe) and the Clipps matched. Why they soured on him, I don't know. I don't see all the selfishness that has been discussed.

But I just don't see the Clipps trading him to the Spurs -- despite his problems, he's got too much talent to be traded for a journeyman (Bonner), a past-his-prime shooter (Barry) and/or a poor man's version of Marco Jaric (when the Clippers already got rid of the genuine article with no regrets.)

It's great listerning to all this talk, though, even if I can't quite buy it.

As exciting the prospect is, I agree, just don't see the Clippers handing Maggette over like that.

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Not this week, Elgin.

:lol

Recent production means nothing. I'm sure the Clippers wanted Bonner two weeks ago.

They don't get ESPN in LA, right?

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Buti f Corey joins SAS, Manu we'll be a 6th man, because Corey doesn't want to come of the bench ; and we need Bowen's D
And Corey is a little bit selfish too

Even better.

Its 02 03 again, with a solid shooting, good slashing shooting guard, and an energetic crazy guard coming off the bench.

If Maggette somewhat improves defensively, he would play critical minutes next to Manu, in the 4th.

Wich would be fan freakin tastic.

But again, i doubt the trade happens.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 02:22 AM
What I want to know is this.....

What if the Maggette trade doesn't happen?

I mean, even if Pop pulled his head out of his ass when it came to the rotations, we all seem to agree this roster just isn't cutting it.

So if this fantasy Maggette trade fizzles out, where do we go from here?

I'm glad to see the team addressing their issues, but with so much hope placed on Maggette, what is our Plan B?

Brutalis
01-07-2007, 02:22 AM
I shouldn't even post but.. I really don't give a crap about anything til it happens... which it won't.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2007, 02:23 AM
What I want to know is......

I mean, even if Pop pulled his head out of his ass when it came to the rotations, we all seem to agree this roster just isn't cutting it.

I'm glad to see the team addressing their issues, but with so much hope placed on Maggette, what is our Plan B?

Kori Ellis
Back on ChumpDumper's thought earlier .. what picks would you give up? I think the Spurs have a first and three seconds this year. Would you give up the first and a second, if the deal was Barry+Beno+picks+cash?

lefty
Even better.

Its 02 03 again, with a solid shooting, good slashing shooting guard, and an energetic crazy guard coming off the bench.

If Maggette somewhat improves defensively, he would play critical minutes next to Manu, in the 4th.

Wich would be fan freakin tastic.

But again, i doubt the trade happens.

If we trade Barry, the solid shooting is a bit gone

ChumpDumper
I'm glad to see the team addressing their issues, but with so much hope placed on Maggette, what is our Plan B?There's a whole month's worth of Sam Smith articles to come.

Amuseddaysleeper
oops, sorry about that

timvp
If the Clippers wanted Bonner, Barry, Beno and a 2007 first round pick for Maggette, do you pull the trigger?

Question.

:hat

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 02:24 AM
If the Clippers wanted Bonner, Barry, Beno and a 2007 first round pick for Maggette, do you pull the trigger?

Question.

Copycat.

Mr.Bottomtooth
What I want to know is this.....

The offseason.

T Park
The trade would've been done yesterday.

activate Butler.

VaSpursFan
Well, if the Spurs end up putting Bonner in the rotation, shortening the rotation, playing the Big Three more minutes and looking harder at Maggette, the loss to the Mavs would have been worth it. If the Spurs won, they could have just continued playing a style that was going to get them bounced in the playoffs.

Tomorrow should be an interesting game.

P.S.

based on January and the return of the new old ball, i would pick finley. barry has 2 0 fors and a 1 for 4 since the ball returned. and the dallas game, he seemed hesitant to pull the trigger on his 3 whereas in the prior months he would have let it rip. fin may be chucking up shit but he's trying to make something happen. really it's like choosing between the devil and satan since they both aren't playing at a high level now :dizzy

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 02:25 AM
No, on the first round pick....Thats getting greedy they can have Scola or a second rounder.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:25 AM
If we trade Barry, the solid shooting is a bit gone

Its not there with him, wtf games are you watching :lol

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:26 AM
BTW,

Yes on the first round pick.

Maggette is young, and is the elusive SF that were looking for.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 02:26 AM
No, on the first round pick....Thats getting greedy they can have Scola or a second rounder.

I'd give up a first rounder. The top of this year's draft will be excellent, but the Spurs aren't going to be in the top 1/2 of the first round. *knocks on wood*

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-07-2007, 02:27 AM

Question.

I understand giving it up with Malik for 05 Nazr, but without that pick, the Clips already got the better end of the deal. Take out the pick and Bonner, and add 2 our second rounders plus Scola.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:27 AM
I think another problem for Fin last night, you could tell at times he was pressing.

He wants to beat em real bad, and I felt bad for him.

He could use a couple games off, and then come back refreshed probobly.

barry though, is done, and has been done.

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:28 AM
What I want to know is......

Luckily, the Spurs are taking steps in the right direction regardless of a trade. Settling on one of Finley or Barry will make this team better. Getting Bonner on the floor more will make this team better. More Parker and perhaps more Duncan and Manu will make this team better.

The gulf between the Spurs and the Mavs isn't so big that the Spurs MUST get help from an outside source. If they alter the rotations and the way they play, I think they can catch back up.

But they'd need to be major changes ... and this articles cites pretty major changes. Going younger (Bonner over Horry) and eliminating Finley or Barry from the rotation is a drastic step for this team.

But a good one.

VaSpursFan
01-07-2007, 02:29 AM

Question.

i would, you get a proven commodity in maggette who can come in and contribute immediately. and 07 draft pick unless it was top 10, brings in another player to put at the end of the bench with white, and butler. if you're trying to win a few more championshipgs, before the duncan window closes, you gotta do it.

SilverPlayer
Bonner is a huge upgrade over getting Beno, that was their sweetener they can have a second rounder or two, but that can't have the first round.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
I take Finley over Barry... At least Finley can create his own shot. Plus he played 10x's better last year in the playoffs vs. the Mavs

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 02:30 AM
ABSOLUTELY NOT on the first rounder. Second rounder at the most. I don't think a first would make a huge difference in convincing them they want Barry+.

Btw, we get three second rounders only if Chicago finishes with a top-9 record.

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Btw, we get three second rounders only if Chicago finishes with a top-9 record.

True. They currently have the league's 10th best record.

Go Bulls Go :smokin

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 02:33 AM
If I throw in a pick this year, I'd try to get a future 1st rounder out of the Clippers, lotto protected for a year or two maybe.

And get a look at Korolev. Why not?

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Luckily, the Spurs are taking steps in the right direction regardless of a trade. Settling on one of Finley or Barry will make this team better. Getting Bonner on the floor more will make this team better. More Parker and perhaps more Duncan and Manu will make this team better.

The gulf between the Spurs and the Mavs isn't so big that the Spurs MUST get help from an outside source. If they alter the rotations and the way they play, I think they can catch back up.

But they'd need to be major changes ... and this articles cites pretty major changes. Going younger (Bonner over Horry) and eliminating Finley or Barry from the rotation is a drastic step for this team.

But a good one.

Glad to read a positive view on the team, after last night.

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:35 AM
And get a look at Korolev. Why not?

From what I've read, they still like Korolev. And from seeing him play, they can keep him.

Supposedly the reason they didn't pick up his option was because they think they can sign him for cheaper.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 02:37 AM
From what I've read, they still like Korolev. And from seeing him play, they can keep him.

Supposedly the reason they didn't pick up his option was because they think they can sign him for cheaper.Well, they'd have to waive someone if that deal went trough then. They'd probably make us eat Ewing's contract or something like that.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Ewing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Udrih

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Patrick Ewing >>>>>>>>>>> Udrih at this point.

VaSpursFan
01-07-2007, 02:41 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Ewing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UdrihI'd rather call up Will Conroy or Randy Livingston at this point.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:44 AM

If we wanna go that far
then

Dionne Warwick >>>>>>> Udrih

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:44 AM
I'd rather call up Will Conroy or Randy Livingston at this point.

Im with you on Conroy, but the Spurs I don't think trust guys from the NBDL like that.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 02:45 AM
Im with you on Conroy, but the Spurs I don't think trust guys from the NBDL like that.Hence the Livingston option. Hell I'd even work out Penny after that trade.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Ive said since that article came out, Id give Penny a workout.

Its the minimum, what would it hurt...

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:52 AM
I'd rather call up Will Conroy or Randy Livingston at this point.

Those guys are pretty good, but kinda Jacque Vaughn clones. I'd prefer a scorer as a backup point ... even if they aren't much a creator.

Like TJ Thompson or Pooh Jeter. And heck, Jeff McInnis wouldn't have been a downgrade.

timvp
01-07-2007, 02:56 AM
And speaking of the NBDL, Eddie Robinson is still playing down there. 6-foot-9 small forward who is working the minor leagues to get another shot. Could be worth the call up if the Spurs make any 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 trades.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:59 AM
Doubtfull the Spurs call him up, but it wouldn't hurt.

He IMO is just another James white, just older and a hell of alot of miles.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Those guys are pretty good, but kinda Jacque Vaughn clones. I'd prefer a scorer as a backup point ... even if they aren't much a creator.

Like TJ Thompson or Pooh Jeter. And heck, Jeff McInnis wouldn't have been a downgrade.I was hoping New Jersey would just buy Jeff out. As for the others, I was putting a premium on taking care of the ball more than anything. Livingston has surprised me with his outside shooting this season.

And speaking of the NBDL, Eddie Robinson is still playing down there. 6-foot-9 small forward who is working the minor leagues to get another shot. Could be worth the call up if the Spurs make any 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 trades.I'd actually prefer to have Jamar back. ERob didn't play when his team was in Austin, but his rebounding numbers have been awful.

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 03:07 AM
New article just surfaced nothing new to really report in it except that writers for Houston's Chronical suck.

Spurs ready to deal?
The Spurs have been reluctant to go with their annual one big move but could be getting closer to shaking things up after Friday's loss to the Mavericks.

A three-game losing streak is really not cause to panic. But for the Spurs, it's the longest since late in the 2004-05 season, a commentary on how consistent they have been.

The Spurs have been knocked back a bit by the virus that went through the team, and coach Gregg Popovich has backed off the "pathetic" and "worst defensive squad in seven, eight years" descriptions of his team's defense.

On Friday, when the Mavericks completed their first regular-season sweep of games in San Antonio in 11 years, the Spurs' offense fell apart in the second half.

All that could be enough for the Spurs to jump back in the talks for Corey Maggette.

Maggette-Artest deal off
Speaking of Corey Maggette, the Clippers backed away from talks with the Kings when Sacramento kept insisting on more than just Maggette for Ron Artest.

That deal seemed to make sense for both teams and could come back to life if both slide. But Kings guard Mike Bibby has insisted lately that he and Artest are just fine and that talk of a rift was a media fabrication.

The Kings have been better lately, winning four of five before the overtime loss to the Lakers on Thursday.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/4452315.html

Leetonidas
01-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Looks like the Spurs are really working to get Maggette now.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-07-2007, 03:45 AM
Ive said since that article came out, Id give Penny a workout.

Its the minimum, what would it hurt...

:lmao :lmao :drunk :drunk

Das Texan
01-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Great article.

Well overdue.

Make something happen, Maggette or someone else that is out there, I really dont care.

rayray2k8
01-07-2007, 04:01 AM
:lmao :lmao :drunk :drunk
I agree.
Yeah, lets go ahead and add older guys to the squad.

timvp
01-07-2007, 04:35 AM
I looked at the stats and just fully realized how bad of a shooting team the Clippers are. I knew they were bad ... but I didn't realize how horrible they were.

They by far have made the fewest three pointers in the league (94). They shoot a horrible percentage (30%). They have one good three-point shooter in Cuttino Mobley and if you take him out, they are shooting closer to 25% from beyond the arc.

Barry alone has hit 52 three-pointers. Bonner is shooting 45.2% from beyond the arc. I can see why these type of players would really interest the Clippers. You can't be a team built around two bigmen and not be able to shoot the ball. They won't make the playoffs unless they get a couple players who can knock down shots.

Barry and Bonner would make a whole lot of sense for them. Hopefully the Spurs can just offer Barry and Beno.

But if the Clippers are going to trade Maggette, their number one need is three-point shooting. And luckily, the Spurs lead the league in three-point percentage and have three-point shooters to spare.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 04:51 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44100/20070107/spurs_thinking_about_trades/

You just copied the same article that's in the original post of this thread??

Budkin
01-07-2007, 04:53 AM
OMG I just came back to the forum and saw this article and thread. This is awesome. It's the main positive that I thought would come from the bad loss last night. This is hope for the rest of the season right here.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Barry and Bonner would make a whole lot of sense for them. Hopefully the Spurs can just offer Barry and Beno.

But if the Clippers are going to trade Maggette, their number one need is three-point shooting. And luckily, the Spurs lead the league in three-point percentage and have three-point shooters to spare.

It makes a lot of sense for them. They're also cheap, with Barry's contract one year less than Maggette's, and with Cassell on his last legs, some ball-handling is in order. They're both fairly durable and Barry especially has glowing credentials as a chemistry guy. Udrih is still a young player who can catch on in a new situation.

Meanwhile Clippers fans seem to think they can get Mike Miller. :dramaquee

Budkin
01-07-2007, 05:00 AM
Horry still gets his free pass from 03 and 05

Call me crazy but I still think Horry has one last huge shot left in his bag of tricks.

polandprzem
01-07-2007, 05:02 AM
I woder how many Moves will Tim Duncan pass just because the spurs won't have any 3 point shooter. (double teams)

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 05:05 AM
Early Sunday intrigue.

Draft Express link (http://draftexpress.com/blogs.php?blogid=6)

Luke Jackson has been called up by the Los Angeles Clippers for a 10-day contract.

Also: they declined to sign their 2nd round draft pick Guillermo Diaz after he declined to rejoin his Czech team after Xmas.

Don't know what any of this means.

fred33
01-07-2007, 05:06 AM
the major info for this article tony take the power

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Early Sunday intrigue.

Draft Express link (http://draftexpress.com/blogs.php?blogid=6)

Luke Jackson has been called up by the Los Angeles Clippers for a 10-day contract.

They're probably checking to see if they can get a Brent Barry type without parting with Maggette.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Jackson has been shooting lights out in the D-League. He didn't miss a shot against the Toros (White didn't guard him, in case you were wondering). Might still be a little slow for the NBA though. Looks healthy enough, doesn't seem to be bothered by his back or knee.

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 05:09 AM
They're probably checking to see if they can get a Brent Barry type without parting with Maggette.

Possibly, but that doesn't jibe with Maggette being held out from the Atlanta game. Apparently he wasn't even on the bench in street clothes. Some are marking Maggette as already traded.

Could it be Barry+Udrih+(?) for Maggette+Guillermo Diaz?

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm guessing they just called him up to have another body since Maggette, Mobley and Cassell are all out.

Kori Ellis
Possibly, but that doesn't jibe with Maggette being held out from the Atlanta game. Apparently he wasn't even on the bench in street clothes. Some are marking Maggette as already traded.

That's interesting.

NuGGeTs-FaN
You just copied the same article that's in the original post of this thread??

:lol :lol :lol :drunk :drunk

:bang :wakeup

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:11 AM

Really?

Link?

Mr. Body
01-07-2007, 05:15 AM
From ClipperSteve, who runs Clips Nation.

You may have noticed that I didn't post a preview about this game. That's because, as I was looking at the Hawks, I realized that there was simply no way the Clippers should lose to them. Losers of 8 in a row and 12 of 13, with no discernible home court advantage (the Hawks did not win in Atlanta in the month of December), this is simply not a good team. So of course, I figured if I wrote a preview saying all that, the Clippers would definitely lose the game. By not writing the preview, I could avoid jinxing the team. It didn't work though.

19 turnovers. 40% shooting. Livingston 2-11. Mobley 1-6. Kaman 6 turnovers. Brand 6 turnovers. The Clippers played this game as if they were completely distracted. As if they had other things on their mind. As if they had lost a close friend.

And perhaps they had. Not in uniform tonight, and not in the building that I could tell, was one Corey Maggette. Corey suffered a minor ankle injury in Orlando, but played against Miami and Washington, and is listed on the Clippers web site as healthy. The only mention of Corey during the game was when Ralph said simply that he was on the inactive list prior to the tip. No reason given. No explanation. No shots of Corey on the bench. If Corey had turned an ankle in the shootaround, or cut himself shaving, or whatever, Ralph and Mike would have told us about it. The fact that they said nothing spoke volumes.

Let me clear about this. I have no inside information. I don't know anything. But I think a deal is imminent.

Link (http://www.clipsnation.com/story/2007/1/6/222222/0350#readmore)

For what it's worth.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Well a 2 for 1 trade now makes no sense.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:19 AM
From ClipperSteve, who runs Clips Nation.

Link (http://www.clipsnation.com/story/2007/1/6/222222/0350#readmore)

For what it's worth.

I read on another board (ESPN) that he wasn't on the bench too. The game recaps say he was inactive because of a sore left foot.

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:19 AM
Nice find.

Clippers acutally do need to make a move pretty fast. They are last in their division and I'm not sure if they can wait another month to add a shooter to their team. It's a distraction to have a player on your team who knows they are a lame duck.

For the Clippers to make the playoffs, they need to add shooters ASAP. Hopefully it's Barry and Beno for Maggette.

polandprzem
01-07-2007, 05:21 AM
We needed shooting (2004), now we don't (2007) Interesting

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:21 AM
We needed shooting (2004), now we don't (2007) Interesting

What?

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-07-2007, 05:22 AM
oh gosh no, the Spurs will be crazy with Maggette :depressed

polandprzem
01-07-2007, 05:25 AM
What?

Shooting - you know in basketball you throw a ball (the round thing) into a hole hanging above you.

:D

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:26 AM
Well a 2 for 1 trade now makes no sense.

Good point. Luke Jackson is their 15th player.

Barry + Beno or Bonner for Maggette + Ewing still works.

However, if you are preparing to add Barry and Beno/Bonner to your team, would you go out and sign Luke Jackson to a ten-day contract?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Shooting - you know in basketball you throw a ball (the round thing) into a hole hanging above you.

:D

Yeah I get it smart ass, but what makes you say that we don't need it in 2007??

boutons_
01-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Trade with the Clippers?

At the time of this post:

http://www.nba.com/clippers/roster/index.html

... showed only 4 players! :lol

(Brand, Cassell, Davis, Ewing)

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Good point. Luke Jackson is their 15th player.

Barry + Beno or Bonner for Maggette + Ewing still works.

However, if you are preparing to add Barry and Beno/Bonner to your team, would you go out and sign Luke Jackson to a ten-day contract?

Doesn't make sense to me.How healthy are the other guards?

Can't hurt to try out a former lotto pick who is 7-12 from the arc and 27-51 overall in six games, I guess.

A trade might not be imminent, but close enough to put Maggette on ice for a week or so to get fully healed.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Trade with the Clippers?

At the time of this post:

http://www.nba.com/clippers/roster/index.html

... showed only 4 players! :lol

(Brand, Cassell, Davis, Ewing)

Cool, we are getting their whole team :spin

polandprzem
01-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Yeah I get it smart ass, but what makes you say that we don't need it in 2007??

Hehe - Kori calm down :)

I have no bad intentions, all I say is that we need someone who will hit the outside shots. That's it.
2004 - lakers, hedo, parker closed

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Hehe - Kori calm down :)

I have no bad intentions, all I say is that we need someone who will hit the outside shots. That's it.
2004 - lakers, hedo, parker closed

Well they aren't trading all their shooters.

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Actually, a throw in I'd actually like is James Singleton. He's a 6-foot-8, 230 pound small forward who can jump out of the gym. He can rebound and defend. Doesn't have much of a jumper but he's a hustle guy who can fly.

Barry and Beno for Maggette and Singleton would be the trade of the decade. The Spurs would go from an aging team to a highly athletic team in one trade.

And if you want to pull out your tin hats, Singleton didn't play against the Hawks despite playing in 5 of their last 6 games. And that was with Maggette and Cassell out of the lineup.

Interesting.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Actually, a throw in I'd actually like is James Singleton. He's a 6-foot-8, 230 pound small forward who can jump out of the gym. He can rebound and defend. Doesn't have much of a jumper but he's a hustle guy who can fly.

Barry and Beno for Maggette and Singleton would be the trade of the decade. The Spurs would go from an aging team to a highly athletic team in one trade.

And if you want to pull out your tin hats, Singleton didn't play against the Hawks despite playing in 5 of their last 6 games. And that was with Maggette and Cassell out of the lineup.

Interesting.

Yeah, if they are throwing someone in, Singleton would be good as the "long 3" project in San Antonio. I like that guy a lot.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about Singleton, but figured I was getting greedy. Four point guards on the Clippers didn't make much sense either.

SilverPlayer
01-07-2007, 05:39 AM

Interesting.

Great now I can't go to bed now. C'mon spurs. Be on this thing.

Oh well League office can't approve until tomorrow right? Any press conferences on the docket tomorrow for either team?

JPB
01-07-2007, 05:39 AM
"These are the situations that make or break teams," coach Gregg Popovich said.

Exactly my thoughts.
that's why they're still hesitating to make a trade.

Either you try to hold on with the same group during those hard times and it makes you stronger, it builds the character of you team, IF you go trough it.

either you make changes but if they're not successfull, you risk to definitely break your team.

that's a risk that has to be sized up. You know what you have but you never exactly know what you can get.

Though, I agree something has certainly to be done in one way or another.

As for the clips, They do need ball-handling. Shaun Livingston has skills but definitly not PG ones.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 05:40 AM
Well, just see who suits up for the game today.

polandprzem
01-07-2007, 05:41 AM
Well they aren't trading all their shooters.

Nope

But like Maggete would solve all spurs problems :rolleyes

he just gives some reboulding athleticism and injuriness (new word?)

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:41 AM

Yeah if Barry plays then you can be guaranteed that there is no trade pending. If Barry and Beno are out with a flare up of the flu bug, we can start to celebrate.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:42 AM

If Beno and Barry get DNP-CD's Spurs Nation should rejoice :lol

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Nope

But like Maggete would solve all spurs problems :rolleyes

he just gives some reboulding athleticism and injuriness (new word?)

No one says he'll solve all the problems. We are saying he helps.

So after complaining like a bitch about the Spurs for the last month, now you want them to sit on their hands and do nothing? :lol Or you just like to bitch just to bitch?

boutons_
01-07-2007, 05:44 AM
"injuriness (new word?)"

In an average Maggette year, he misses 25% of the games. Whether that's due to injury or coaches decision, I don't know.

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:45 AM
The reality of the situation though is the Spurs are like 0-for-10,000 in the last decade in working out a trade with the Clippers. And that was for players like Lamond Murray and Tyrone Nesby.

If this deal gets done, I'd be shocked.

I gotta believe that the Raptors are offering a better package. Something like Peterson, Graham and Humphries.

iluvSPURSreport.com
01-07-2007, 05:47 AM
Interesting take, site moderator.

I would like to see the Spurs trade as well. Right now we are struggling bad!

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 05:47 AM
I gotta believe that the Raptors are offering a better package. Something like Peterson, Graham and Humphries.Don't the Clippers want shooters?

polandprzem
01-07-2007, 05:48 AM
No one says he'll solve all the problems. We are saying he helps.

So after complaining like a bitch about the Spurs for the last month, now you want them to sit on their hands and do nothing? :lol Or you just like to bitch just to bitch?

I'm a bitch :dramaquee

Well if doing anything is better then do nothing go ahead.
But the spurs can solve their problems in the invoirnment they are in.

But if Corey suits Pop better - I'm with the team

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:49 AM
"injuriness (new word?)"

In an average Maggette year, he misses 25% of the games. Whether that's due to injury or coaches decision, I don't know.

Scroll back a couple pages, I posted all his real injuries since 04. The only thing major was the ligaments in his foot that caused him to miss 30+ games.

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Interesting take, site moderator.

I would like to see the Spurs trade as well. Right now we are struggling bad!

:shootme

This troll has already been thought of.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Don't the Clippers want shooters?

Yeah I think that's why the Spurs would have the upperhand over Toronto. Over and over, it's been said that the Clips want shooters. Their shooting is horrible. Barry, Bonner and even Beno define shooters.

polandprzem
01-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Soon timvp will make a trade for all the leauge

iluvSPURSreport.com
01-07-2007, 05:52 AM
:shootme

This troll has already been thought of.
Well suck me sideways..

http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news42/6big08.l.jpg

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Mo Pete is a pretty good shooter. He'd probably become the best shooter on their team. But yeah, Graham and Humphries won't spread the court for them.

Barry makes a scary amount of sense for them. You run Livingston and Barry in the backcourt and you can take some of the ballhandling duties away from Livingston and spread the floor. Bonner or even Udrih would spread the floor better than anyone else they have outside of Mobley.

You'd think the Clippers could get a better deal ... then again you'd think the Sixers could have gotten a better deal than Andre Miller.

joeyjfive
01-07-2007, 05:55 AM
I just went to Spursreport for the first time, didnt like it.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 05:56 AM
... then again you'd think the Sixers could have gotten a better deal than Andre Miller.

That's the thing that gives me hope that the Spurs can trade their scraps. :lol

___Fullmo___
01-07-2007, 05:57 AM
I just went to Spursreport for the first time, didnt like it.
Thanks for the info. but lets stay on topic.

Keep the troll talk in the troll forum.

polandprzem
01-07-2007, 05:58 AM
btw - the mass beno bitching is alowed because ....

timvp
01-07-2007, 05:59 AM
btw - the mass beno bitching is alowed because ....

he choked again under the pressure of a big game?