PDA

View Full Version : Romo =

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2007, 02:18 AM
http://www.macjams.com/filemgmt_data/snaps/11222_choke.gif

lefty
01-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Romo (cowboys), Stefan (Dallas Stars, the empty net miss) and Howard (Mavs, the infamous time out) have humiliated themselves big time lately ; tk u Dallas!!! :clap :clap

samikeyp
01-07-2007, 02:22 AM
Romo=a young guy with talent but very little experience and it showed.

The key now is how he adjusts with a full training camp as the #1 and adjusting to a league that has now had the opportunity to study him.

BTW....No one is calling out TGlenn for dropping that pass (before the DB knocked it out) or the Cowboys coaching staff for calling that play in that situation. There is a reason you don't call a play like that in that situation and that reason is exactly what happened. There was plenty of blame to go around for this loss.

dg7md
01-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Just wait until Garcia chokes, or may I remind you of all the times McNabb has choked? :lol

lefty
01-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Anyway...Patriots will win the Superbowl ; period

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Just wait until Garcia chokes, or may I remind you of all the times McNabb has choked? :lol

Garcia might choke, but Eagles fans are just happy to be in the playoffs at this point. The Cowboys should have gone to the Super Bowl. Somehow I think that Eagles fans will get over it long before Cowboy fans do. :lol

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Calling out Romo, is just plain stupid.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Calling out Romo, is just plain stupid.

Yep. You're right. It's not his fault for dropping the snap.

T Park
01-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Id say Glenn dropping the pass was more important.

Calling out a rookie for a mistake is once again, stupid.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2007, 03:03 AM

Romo hasn't been a rookie since 2003 dumbass.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-07-2007, 03:14 AM

And you'd be wrong. The guy flat out choked.

Blaming anyone else is stupid. Calling a 4th year QB a rookie is stupid. Blaming the guy who fucked up one of the simplest plays in football is not stupid.

How do you defend a guy who dropped a perfect snap on a 19 YD FG? Would the guy still be blameless if he was the backup QB or punter? Me thinks not.

Guru of Nothing
01-07-2007, 03:18 AM
Garcia might choke, but Eagles fans are just happy to be in the playoffs at this point. The Cowboys should have gone to the Super Bowl. Somehow I think that Eagles fans will get over it long before Cowboy fans do. :lol

Practice makes perfect.

valluco
01-07-2007, 03:44 AM

Romosexual.

GrandeDavid
01-07-2007, 07:41 AM
That was a disgrace. He choked hardcored. But then again, I'm a Bengals fan and saw the same thing happen a couple weeks ago against Denver. However, in that case, the snap was shitty. Yeah, Romo got slapped. We'll see what happens from here on.

GrandeDavid
01-07-2007, 07:43 AM
And you'd be wrong. The guy flat out choked.

Blaming anyone else is stupid. Calling a 4th year QB a rookie is stupid. Blaming the guy who fucked up one of the simplest plays in football is not stupid.

How do you defend a guy who dropped a perfect snap on a 19 YD FG? Would the guy still be blameless if he was the backup QB or punter? Me thinks not.

I agree 100%. Couldn't have stated my opinion on Romo's historical gaffe any better. Well stated!

ducks
01-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I thought romo pulled a manu against dallas last game

BUMP
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
if it wasnt for Romo, we would've been at home watching another team playing Seattle

johnsmith
01-07-2007, 11:13 AM

For such a big Romo fan you don't know much about him. Wow, you're fat and dumb. Good job T Park.

KB24
01-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Romo = Homo

Mr. Peabody
01-07-2007, 11:43 AM
BTW....No one is calling out TGlenn for dropping that pass (before the DB knocked it out) or the Cowboys coaching staff for calling that play in that situation. There is a reason you don't call a play like that in that situation and that reason is exactly what happened. There was plenty of blame to go around for this loss.

The Dallas coaches didn't call that play. They called a run, but Romo changed the play at the line.

Star-Telegram (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/columnists/randy_galloway/16404521.htm)

On the Glenn fumble into the end zone, Romo audibled out of a run play and threw it to Glenn, which troubled the Dallas coaching staff.

samikeyp
01-07-2007, 11:45 AM
The Dallas coaches didn't call that play. They called a run, but Romo changed the play at the line.

Thank you for that correction. I didn't know that.

Still doesn't release blame from Glenn for dropping it or for TO dropping passes etc.

sa_butta
01-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Romo is still very young. Kid has alot to learn about playoff football. But this doesnt just fall on him. It was a team effort.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Romo totally choked, you can't get around that.

But there were so many plays the Cowboys could have made that they didn't that would not have put the team in that position.

Fillmoe
01-07-2007, 01:53 PM
cowboys fans around the world LOST!

ducks
01-07-2007, 03:19 PM
bill sucked big time in this game
he called that stupid play to glen on the one yard line
he would not allow romo to run the ball
that would have opened the game
in today's nfl the quarterback has to be mobile and run the ball once in awhile
TUNA NEEDS TO GET WITH THE TIMES

But I am not a cowboy fan so I could care less

ducks
01-07-2007, 03:23 PM
and if tuna can not trust romo
then why was he playing
give the quartback some freedom

BeerIsGood!
01-07-2007, 03:57 PM

Now where in the hell did you get that from? A QB who never started an NFL game until mid-season, constant issues at kicker, a WR who drops passes and acts a fool, and most importantly - an incredibly inconsistent defense that can't seal a close game down the stretch. How is it that this team was supposed to go to the Super Bowl? In pre-season I stated that I would be happy if this team could find a way to make the playoffs, and at mid-season I thought there was no way they would make the playoffs. This team is still at least one to two years away from being consistent enough to contend for a Super Bowl.

samikeyp
01-07-2007, 09:55 PM
It wasn't Romo the quarterback's fault....

It was Romo the holder. :spin

cherylsteele
01-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I find it fascinating that everyone is blaming Romo for the lost.

How about the defense giving up that late touchdown over the middle from about midfield? I blame it on the defense....this type of thing happened over the last 4 or 5 games. The "D" was playing well until the that last Seattle drive.

And yes you can also blame Glenn for safety. He did drop the ball...but then picked it up and started to run....he should have protected it better.

Then there is Parcells......he called a conservative game and it cost the team possibly.

How about T.O.? Wasn't this supposed to be his time to shine? He didn't do jack.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

johnsmith
01-08-2007, 11:26 AM
I find it fascinating that everyone is blaming Romo for the lost.

How about the defense giving up that late touchdown over the middle from about midfield? I blame it on the defense....this type of thing happened over the last 4 or 5 games. The "D" was playing well until the that last Seattle drive.

And yes you can also blame Glenn for safety. He did drop the ball...but then picked it up and started to run....he should have protected it better.

Then there is Parcells......he called a conservative game and it cost the team possibly.

How about T.O.? Wasn't this supposed to be his time to shine? He didn't do jack.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

Yeah, but it sure is funnier to blame the "star" quarterback that everyone hyped up through most of the season for screwing up the most routine play in all of football and thus not allowing the team the opportunity to try and kick the "chip shot" game winner that even Vanderjagt (let alone Grammatica) wouldn't have screwed up.

samikeyp
01-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah, but it sure is funnier to blame the "star" quarterback that everyone hyped up through most of the season

You can blame the media for a lot of it. The whole "kid from nowhere starts winning ball games" thing is a good story. You can also blame a lot of Cowboys fans for adding to the hype but you can't blame them for believing. You had a QB that could actually move the ball and do things....Cowboys fans haven't seen that from the QB position is quite a while.

Its too early to call him a savior but by the same logic its too early to call him done either.

Romo fucked up but without Romo....there is no playoffs for Dallas. He is still a better option than Bledsoe.

cherylsteele
01-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, but it sure is funnier to blame the "star" quarterback that everyone hyped up through most of the season for screwing up the most routine play in all of football and thus not allowing the team the opportunity to try and kick the "chip shot" game winner that even Vanderjagt (let alone Grammatica) wouldn't have screwed up.
This is not the first time in history that a messed up field goal attempt lost the game....and it surely won't be the last.

The media hyped him up and the lemmings followed suit without looking at it sensibly.

How do you know that Vanderjagt or Grammatica would not have screwed it up....stranger this have happened in the NFL...or for that matter every sport.

P-O-Z
01-08-2007, 03:22 PM
michael irvin was comparing romo to kobe saying how kobe had shot airballs in the game aganist the jazz look at kobe now

samikeyp
01-08-2007, 03:29 PM
I heard that....Great....now Romo's going to be messing with girls in hotel rooms! :spin

01-08-2007, 05:05 PM
This is not the first time in history that a messed up field goal attempt lost the game....and it surely won't be the last.

True, but how many were inside of 20 yards?

That play was undeniably one of the biggest playoff gaffes in recent memory, if not ever.

Looks like a little Lions lore rubbed off on the Cowboys...

samikeyp
01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I would say it ranks up there....not the worst ever...possibly, though, worst ever in a wild card game.

johnsmith
01-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Norwood..........Wide left.

johnsmith
01-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Or was it wide right?

01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
It was wide right.

bigzak25
01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/jayman42/romo.jpg

dallaskd
01-08-2007, 07:54 PM

haha i love that

TheSanityAnnex
01-08-2007, 08:08 PM
:cry :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/romo.jpg

leemajors
01-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I would say it ranks up there....not the worst ever...possibly, though, worst ever in a wild card game.

the arizona loss to the snake was awful

cherylsteele
01-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Even though they still won....that god awful throw by Garo in the Super Bowl was pretty bad....ruined a shutout.

It wasn't just one play but the the Oiler's collapse in the 2nd half against the Bills has to be worse over all.

cherylsteele
01-08-2007, 10:48 PM
There is actually a play worse IMHO than the Romo blunder.....two words.....Jackie Smith.

He dropped a wide open pass in the end zone and possibly cost them a Supr Bowl win over the Steelers.

King
01-08-2007, 10:57 PM
They did the ten worst playoff blunders on ESPN today, and I don't remember all of them, but there were (in no order):
-Leon Lett stripped by Beebe
-Garo's 'throw'
-Jackie Smith (#1)
-Andre Reed's personal foul/ejection on the one inch line
-The SF/NYG game a few years ago (botched FG, illegal man downfield)
-Hasselbeck's 'we want the ball, and we're going to score'
-Ernest Byner's fumble
-The Colts missing a man downfield (Unitas era)

lefty
01-09-2007, 12:29 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/romo.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

VinnyTestesVerde
01-09-2007, 12:47 PM

No way the Cowboys would have made the Super Bowl (and I'm a Cowboys fan). The end of the season was an indication that we were in no way ready to make that run. We should have beat the Seahawks, but we had waaaaaaaaaaay bigger problems than Romo's fumbled snap. Glenn's fumble, Witten's fumble, poor pass coverage, poor pass rush...all of those things set us up for failure from the beginning. Romo will learn from this and be that much greater in 2007.

Congrats on beating the lowly Giants. It'd probably be wise of the Eagles to grease up their behinds for New Orleans, because I doubt the Saints will take the initiative...