PDA

View Full Version : I need a website to research a song title/band using lyrics

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-07-2007, 12:25 PM
I know you kiddos know a good site for searching for a song title using the lyrics. I don't want to have to register or get crushed with pop-ups.

I'm old. This new fangled intronet thing is confusing for me.

Would someone help a brutha out? Please?!

Sunshine
01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Give me some of the lyrics and I'll find it.

You can probably just google some of the lyrics and the results will show you the name of the song and/or band w/out you even needing to go to the actual website.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I would agree with Sunshine, use Google and drop in a line of the lyrics.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Good advice! :tu

Found it on Google.

Finger Eleven....who knew?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Finger Eleven....who knew?

Google, apparently.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Google is amazing. I just asked it for the meaning of life and it knew the answer. The interronet rocks!!!!

Shelly
01-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Did you need this info because you think Jimi is singing, "S'cuse me, while I kiss this guy"?

:fro

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Did you need this info because you think Jimi is singing, "S'cuse me, while I kiss this guy"?

:fro

Sadly one of my younger brothers informed me that the band's song lyrics are gay...literally. Kind of gives me a slightly different perspective about the songs I heard.

Oh well. I still like Queen, and I was a Judas Priest fan in the 80's. I'll just pretend that the sexual songs from Finger Eleven are about women and I'll be fine. Focus, Ed, focus.

Shelly
01-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't care what anyone says. Manfred Mann is saying 'douche' in Blinded By The Light. :madrun

eta...Freddie Mercury :tu, but I dunno about your Rob Halford obsession!

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-07-2007, 06:17 PM
I don't care what anyone says. Manfred Mann is saying 'douche' in Blinded By The Light. :madrun

eta...Freddie Mercury :tu, but I dunno about your Rob Halford obsession!

:lol

I don't understand a rock star who isn't into the ladies. Really, what's the point of being a rockstar if not to land the babes?!! Confusing and sad all rolled into one alarming gay package.

01-07-2007, 06:17 PM
allmusic.com