PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Hotspots

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Anybody know of a good place I can get an outdoor hotspot? I'd like a place where I can plug my laptop in for power, but outside.

I've been to About.com and read that (thanks, Kori), but for instance, I'm at the Barnes and Noble at Bandera/1604 and while I can get Wifi ($4 for 2 hours), there's no plugs inside or outside, so I've only got about another 40 minutes here.

Any places around?

Thanks.

johngateswhiteley
01-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Anybody know of a good place I can get an outdoor hotspot? I'd like a place where I can plug my laptop in for power, but outside.

I've been to About.com and read that (thanks, Kori), but for instance, I'm at the Barnes and Noble at Bandera/1604 and while I can get Wifi ($4 for 2 hours), there's no plugs inside or outside, so I've only got about another 40 minutes here.

Any places around?

Thanks.

...you can link up with my wireless router here in montana. there is a nice place for you to sit outside and be within my router's range...plus an elk walked by (4-5 feet outside my door) yesterday, so there is some nice scenery to go with the snow.

Slomo
01-07-2007, 03:21 PM

Any places around?

Thanks.OT

That's where I had my morning coffee everyday while in SA!

I love how bookstores are setup in the US. Unfortunately it usually cost me a small fortune in books and overweight fees for my flight home :lol

tlongII
01-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Starbucks has free Wifi.

scott
01-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Free WiFi at the Flying Saucer.

01Snake
01-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Schlotskys has free wifi and outdoor seating (atleast at 1604/281 location).

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Props to Alamo Cafe on IH-10 by Wurzbach.

Not only do they have free WiFi, but they searched until they found a table with a power outlet nearby. I've been here a few minutes and even without all this, the service has been above and beyond.

Major, major props to Alamo Cafe (plus, the good tortillas and Chicken Fried Steak).