PDA

View Full Version : Democrats in D.C. - took less than a week to break a promise

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I remember the article posted here, and the resident libs stroking the Dems for vowing to have a five day work week in the Capitol.

First full week of power for them: four days.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash7.htm

:lol

01Snake
01-07-2007, 05:22 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Why would they expect anyone to be there that first Monday night?

exstatic
01-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I'd be interested to know how many weeks the GOP Congress that just mercifully ended met even four times. Didn't they only have 100+ business days in 2 years? That's about a five day MONTH, on average.

johnsmith
01-08-2007, 09:31 AM
LMAO, Dems or Repub's, congress is fucking worthless.

Drive Like Jehu
01-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Why would they expect anyone to be there that first Monday night?
:greedy
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

xrayzebra
01-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Actually it may a good thing if they would never meet. Or better just go home,
stay home. Nancy could then be the good grandmother she professes to be and
let her little rug rats pull on her electronics instead of the HR mic.

George Gervin's Afro
01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
And to think Republicans never break promises.. :rolleyes

Bob Lanier
01-08-2007, 12:48 PM
That site looks even more amateurish than most of the right-wing-victim's whiny conspiracy theory agitprop you normally post.

I especially like the end, where Mr. Drudge declares a federal holiday a violation of trust.

Crookshanks
01-08-2007, 01:18 PM
That site looks even more amateurish than most of the right-wing-victim's whiny conspiracy theory agitprop you normally post.

I especially like the end, where Mr. Drudge declares a federal holiday a violation of trust.
Where have you been - in a cave? Do you know how popular the Drudge Report is? Do you know how many hits it gets in a single day? And, it's not necessarily a "conservative" site - he links articles from all over the world and many different viewpoints.

Looks like you're the stupid one! :donkey

ChumpDumper
01-08-2007, 01:22 PM
He said it looks amateurish. Given the traffic, that's a gross understatement.

01Snake
01-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Appears Congress took the day off to watch Football.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Doesn't get much more American than that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-08-2007, 01:26 PM
And to think Republicans never break promises.. :rolleyes

Look, all politicians break promises. I just thought it was funny that CNN and others in the MSM are lining up to kiss Pelosi's ass as well as anyone in the Democratic Congress they can find.

And this was one of their battle cries a couple of weeks ago, and it took them until exactly the first week to break it. :lol

ChumpDumper
01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Think of everything they could have accomplished in five and a half hours tonight.

What a missed opportunity.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I'll give them this. If they get half the stuff done they have planned for the first hundred hours, they will appear to be pretty effective.

exstatic
01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I'll give them this. If they get half the stuff done they have planned for the first hundred hours, they will appear to be pretty effective.
I think they can be more effective than people think. The budget is in a shambles, so an omnibus spending bill containing both Iraq funding AND stem cell research funding wouldn't be out of the question...

I work a five day work week, yet strangely NOT EVERY WEEK. Call the police.

Guru of Nothing
01-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Where have you been - in a cave? Do you know how popular the Drudge Report is? Do you know how many hits it gets in a single day? And, it's not necessarily a "conservative" site - he links articles from all over the world and many different viewpoints.

Looks like you're the stupid one! :donkey

Do you know how popular reading comprehension is?