PDA

View Full Version : A thread for Manu...

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2007, 06:23 PM
because he's the shit...

and he deserves one...

but Parker doesn't...

WalterBenitez
01-07-2007, 06:25 PM
something rare in the air?

ducks
01-07-2007, 06:33 PM
shoogbeer was right did not take long for the church of manu to start a thread about manu after a great game

1Parker1
01-07-2007, 06:35 PM
because he's the shit...

and he deserves one...

but Parker doesn't...

:wtf You do realize Parker didn't even play today, right?

ducks
01-07-2007, 06:37 PM
no he has no idea
he is to busy sucking the eagles players

nkdlunch
01-07-2007, 06:38 PM
:lol

Manu almost singlehandedly beats Dallas the other night. Noone can deny he is carrying us right now. I also can't complain about Duncan or Parker, but the rest of the team needs to wake the fuck up, especially Pop or Manu's efforts will not mean shit.

boutons_
01-07-2007, 06:49 PM
When Manu hears his Muse, Manu makes beautiful Music.

It's a somewhat fragile, unreliable situation, but when it happens, you really want to be watching.

bdictjames
01-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Parker, take your time with that hip injury. Manu and Duncan can come and carry the load.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Parker, take your time with that hip injury. Manu and Duncan can come and carry the load.

:lol

Manu was awesome. But Tony can't miss much time. The Spurs were playing the Grizzlies today. Every game won't be the same.

That being said, I don't think there's much wrong with Tony and think he'll probably be back next game.

ducks
01-07-2007, 07:04 PM

the big three should socre about 60
manu and duncan cmbinned for 44 today
they were lucky they played mem

Leetonidas
01-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Manu is rounding back into 2005 form.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Manu is rounding back into 2005 form.

*knocks on wood*

It was also great to see Horry contribute.

WalterBenitez
01-07-2007, 07:33 PM
With TP on court today, Manu would finished with 16 ...

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 07:35 PM
With TP on court today, Manu would finished with 16 ...

No, he probably would have had around 25 like his last few games.

WalterBenitez
01-07-2007, 07:38 PM
No, he probably would have had around 25 like his last few games.
Those games are the type TP loves, besides that POP used to keep Manu for resting purposes.

SpursWillOwn
01-07-2007, 07:40 PM
any spectacular plays?????

spurschick
01-07-2007, 07:47 PM
:makeout

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Heh, looks like Manu's really keeping in rhythm 6 of 8 3's that's insane! I wish I could have seen the game.

I read the game blog though, :lol Ducks seems to be having a mental breakdown

Nikos
01-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Manu has been pretty sharp so far this season. I don't think we will see him with another 48pt outburst against an elite team on the road (like in 05), so it doesn't really matter if his stats are superior to that season -- he will always be perceived as playing inferior to 2005.

Of course most people are referring to his 2005 PLAYOFFS which were incredible statistically and from purely observational standpoint. I don't know if you can expect him to play that well again. I mean from an offensive standpoint he was an awesome 2nd banana, and probably was the best offensive player on the team during that playoff run-- despite Duncan still being the #1 option. Not many second guns play that well consistently year to year in the playoffs -- so perhaps Manu was lucky that year. But he can play 'somewhat' close to that level again if he stays healthy.

I hope he does, but if you hold Manu to his 05 playoffs you are probably in for a dissapointment, because he was unreal for those 2 1/2 months. I can't remember a second gun being so productive offensively since Kobe Bryant in 2001. And before that? Probably Pippen in 1991. Not saying Manu is on their level as an overall player, but he is capable of playing extremely well offensively as a second banana. Won't force too many shots and still score like a legit second banana. But time will tell. If he stays healthy he will at least be a solid 2nd/3rd option -- hopefully he can impose his will and stay healthy when the playoffs come around.

But I hope he can keep playing well in the regular season. It can only help his confidence. With Tony's vast improvements, this team shouldn't have problems on offense as long as the role players contribute like they are supposed to.

smeagol
01-07-2007, 09:13 PM
I suck at finding sites with stats. Does anybody know his % beyond the arc since he came back from the back injury?

My wild guess is that it over or close to 50%.

Cherry
01-07-2007, 10:08 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7448/manubanana4vi.gif

xamila rey
01-07-2007, 10:35 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7448/manubanana4vi.gif
:lol thats a good one cherry

ducks
01-07-2007, 10:37 PM
he does not look like a cherry but a bananna in that pic

kolko
01-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I suck at finding sites with stats. Does anybody know his % beyond the arc since he came back from the back injury?

My wild guess is that it over or close to 50%.
37-74 (50%) in 17 games.

KB24
01-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Will MANU be an ALLSTAR?

ducks
01-07-2007, 10:51 PM
no

Cherry
01-07-2007, 11:25 PM
no

Ginobili doesn’t think he is having an All-Star season, but he is that NBA rarity: a humble self-evaluator.

"I didn’t think I was having an All-Star season two years ago when it happened, so I am not concerned with that," he said. "I never thought of myself as an All-Star. If it happens, great. If not, I’m going to enjoy my rest."

"The truth is, to win two NBA titles and an Olympic Gold in three years seems incredible, that it does not occur very often. I believe that it is too much for a single person."

:makeout

Texas_Ranger
01-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Will MANU be an ALLSTAR?

Who cares about the All-Star game.

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2007, 12:21 AM
the question when ballhog gets back will he pass it to gino? :(

SequSpur
01-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Dude, Manu was off the hook today.... It will probably take him 2 months at least for a repeat performance.

smeagol
01-08-2007, 12:43 AM
37-74 (50%) in 17 games.
Thanks.

smeagol
01-08-2007, 12:46 AM
no

ducks, go and suck Tony's dick on another thread.

You have proven to be a pathetic idiot posting the shit you have on the game blog.

You think praising Tony = bashing Manu and then you complain when there are Manu vs Tony threads.

Even Kori had to call you out.

Truly pathetic.

smeagol
01-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Dude, Manu was off the hook today.... It will probably take him 2 months at least for a repeat performance.
He played pretty well the last two games averaging 25.5 pts.

polandprzem
01-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Even dog can find a bone on the desert

JPB
01-08-2007, 06:58 AM
He played pretty well the last two games averaging 25.5 pts.

yes but it'll take more than two games (one against the grizz) to convince people.
It's the third or fourth times this year, fans are saying Manu's back.

For people who seem to say Spurs are better without TP...what do you do when Tim and/or Manu has a bad game.
I saw the game on the french cable yesterday... not a single drive in the first ten minutes. It's ok when you're shooting lights out and you're playing the grizz' but it wont' happen every night.

that being said, good game Manu, go Spurs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-08-2007, 07:15 AM
yes but it'll take more than two games (one against the grizz) to convince people.

Heh, Manu already had three games with 25 points or more. So maybe you just proved it has to be by the fourth game. Hopefully the Spurs can continue to ride Manu's current wave into this week's games. *knock on wood*

For people who seem to say Spurs are better without TP...what do you do when Tim and/or Manu has a bad game.
I saw the game on the french cable yesterday... not a single drive in the first ten minutes. It's ok when you're shooting lights out and you're playing the grizz' but it wont' happen every night.

that being said, good game Manu, go Spurs.
I don't think anyone here implying that we don't need TP cuz of this win, they're just using faulty logic. It's hard for me to believe any Spurs fan would seriously believe that, basically like Tim, they're just joking around or looking to piss people off.
Tony's role is becoming a lot like Tim's, where he'll always be there to bring a consistent load on offense. Manu's the unpredictable one (as far as quantifying his game goes), but I think it's safe to say that Tim and Tony are pretty much rocks for the team.

smeagol
01-08-2007, 07:16 AM

It's the third game, if you include the Grizzlies. 26 pts, 7 board against MIN, 25/5 against DAL and 34/4 yesterday.

Since he came back from the back injury, he has only sucked one or two games (CLE comes to mind).

For people who seem to say Spurs are better without TP

Those people are idiots and have been proven wrong.

Where are those posters saying Beno > TP? :lol

ducks
01-08-2007, 09:57 AM
ducks, go and suck Tony's dick on another thread.

You have proven to be a pathetic idiot posting the shit you have on the game blog.

You think praising Tony = bashing Manu and then you complain when there are Manu vs Tony threads.

Even Kori had to call you out.

Truly pathetic.

maybe he should have played d against the cavs

bdictjames
01-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Parker should be the third option for this team, Duncan the second(sorry), and Manu the first. That gives Duncan more boards, Parker more assists and Manu more points. Perfect.

smeagol
01-08-2007, 11:32 AM
maybe he should have played d against the cavs
Maybe.

Although him not playing D one game does not seam to be enough of a reason for you to write the stupidities you have been writting lately

ducks
01-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Maybe.

Although him not playing D one game does not seam to be enough of a reason for you to write the stupidities you have been writting lately
do you really think he will make the allstar game this year?

nkdlunch
01-08-2007, 12:57 PM

TP + Manu will NOT make the allstar.

Duncan is not a lock either IMO.

smeagol
01-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Probably not.

But that is beyond the point.

IceColdBrewski
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Will MANU be an ALLSTAR?

God I hope not.

As Manu goes, so go the Spurs. Just check their record this year whenever he isn't in the lineup. We're gonna need him healthy and rested to carry this team for the second half of the season.

Championship Ring > All Star appearance.

ducks
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Probably not.

But that is beyond the point.

that is the point
He asked I said no
if someone else said no you would have not said anything :ihit

ducks
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
God I hope not.

As Manu goes, so go the Spurs. Just check their record this year whenever he isn't in the lineup. We're gonna need him healthy and rested to carry this team for the second half of the season.

Championship Ring > All Star appearance.

yeah because all stars never receive special treatment

2centsworth
01-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Parker should be the third option for this team, Duncan the second(sorry), and Manu the first. That gives Duncan more boards, Parker more assists and Manu more points. Perfect.
don't be ridiculous. Parker scoring 20pts or more is needed on this team. He just needs to be able to get 6-7 assist too.

The "BIG THREE" must all play like superstars for the spurs to win a championship.

Solid D
01-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Even dog can find a bone on the desert

I don't think I've ever heard that one before. :rollin

finding a bone on the desert....hmmm.

Solid D
01-08-2007, 03:54 PM
or maybe even a blind squirrel can find a dog with an acorn in it's mouth.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
TP + Manu will NOT make the allstar.

Duncan is not a lock either IMO.Yes he is.

Cherry
01-08-2007, 08:26 PM
that is the point
He asked I said no
if someone else said no you would have not said anything :ihit

It´s Ok. you´re right...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006I6E1U.01-A37P4OJTHOHKK9.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Now, take a cup of tea, and stop the histerical act.

Manu_The _Best
01-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Are you a Spurs Fan? You seem like a MORON who is looking for trouble... :ihit :ihit :ihit

aaronstampler
01-09-2007, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't rule out Manu completely for the ASG, he's making a late run at it. I mean, look at his PER, he's tied for second best SG in the league with Kobe. He's got the 11th highest rating in the whole league (Duncan is 6th, Parker is 22nd).

The national media and fans will never adore him completely because he's not on sportscenter dunking every night, but I think the coaches know Manu's one of two or three best SGs in the West.

Martin R
01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
my words exactly.

LilMissSPURfect
01-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Re: A thread for Manu...!!!!

he's the only one i TRUST :toast :toast

bring it MAN U!