PDA

View Full Version : I know it's insane, but...

lefty
01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
...are the Spurs not playing their best basketball on purpose vs the Mavs, so they don't show too much until they meet in the postseason?

Yeah I know it sounds really stupid, but hey, the Lakers have done it in the past

SequSpur
01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
just what the spurs need, a game against the grizz to make the bandwagoners smile again...

WalterBenitez
01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I wish

Tek_XX
01-07-2007, 06:28 PM
The Lakers could have cared less about winning in January, the spurs are trying but it's not happening right not.

lefty
01-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah, and maybe Rob, Fin and Brent are saving some fuel so they can show up later

lefty
01-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I don't know, it's too weird to see some laziness and lack of adjustments from Pop or Timmy ; too strange to be true
I'm sure they are onto something

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 06:48 PM
So did you get that idea from our series last year? What do you think they are saving it for? When they meet up in the NBA Finals? :lol

lefty
01-07-2007, 06:54 PM
So did you get that idea from our series last year? What do you think they are saving it for? When they meet up in the NBA Finals? :lol

U'll see

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 06:55 PM
It might make sense if there were a few games left in the season and anyone had a clue how the playoffs were going to end up. But right now, your thoughts make no sense at all. If the Spurs keep playing badly right now, they'll end up in the bottom half of the bracket. They aren't trying to do that.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2007, 06:55 PM
It's insane.

lefty
01-07-2007, 06:59 PM
It might make sense if there were a few games left in the season and anyone had a clue how the playoffs were going to end up. But right now, your thoughts make no sense at all. If the Spurs keep playing badly right now, they'll end up in the bottom half of the bracket. They aren't trying to do that.

I'm not saying they are doing this on purpose in EVERY game (hey, we still want to make the playoffs!!!) ; just against tougher opponents, like the Mavs

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not saying they are doing this on purpose in EVERY game (hey, we still want to make the playoffs!!!) ; just against tougher opponents, like the Mavs

So they don't want homecourt advantage or any psychological advantage over the Mavs or any contender?

:lol

The Mavs are better than the Spurs right now. There's no tin-hat conspiracy theory.

dknights411
01-07-2007, 07:02 PM
CIA Pop! :lol :lol

lefty
01-07-2007, 07:07 PM
So they don't want homecourt advantage or any psychological advantage over the Mavs or any contender?

:lol

The Mavs are better than the Spurs right now. There's no tin-hat conspiracy theory.

Homecourt? we didn't have it vs Phoenix in 2005 and we beat them
We had it vs Dallas last year and we lost

A championship team doesn't need homecourt

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 07:10 PM

If the Spurs were a better team, I might agree with you. They aren't throwing games right now. They just aren't terribly great.

lefty
01-07-2007, 07:13 PM
If the Spurs were a better team, I'd agree with you.

Hey after all, if it wasn't for Manu's stupid foul, we would have beaten them ; maybe we are still the better team, after all

Kori Ellis
01-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey after all, if it wasn't for Manu's stupid foul, we would have beaten them ; maybe we are still the better team, after all

They improved since then.

lefty
01-07-2007, 07:15 PM

I agree

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 07:16 PM

Yeah, the Spurs are trying to end up in the 5th-8th spots in the playoff brackets without home court as some sort of a rope-a-dope :rolleyes

Face it, this team sucks right now. Pop has placed his bets on a bunch of 30+ folks to be the difference makers, and they just can't keep up.

We aren't going to win the title as is this year.

Chris Childs
01-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah, the Spurs are trying to end up in the 5th-8th spots in the playoff brackets without home court as some sort of a rope-a-dope :rolleyes

Face it, this team sucks right now. Pop has placed his bets on a bunch of 30+ folks to be the difference makers, and they just can't keep up.

We aren't going to win the title as is this year.

I disagree. I think the spurs have a legit shot taking the trophy again. They have experience, depth, and most importantly, Tim Duncan. :spin

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I disagree. I think the spurs have a legit shot taking the trophy again. They have experience, depth, and most importantly, Tim Duncan. :spin

The problem is we have to go through Dallas, and while we match up pretty well, most importantly they have Avery and he has been living in Pop's head for the last year and a half.

MannyIsGod
01-07-2007, 07:32 PM
This thread is fucking stupid.

remingtonbo2001
01-07-2007, 07:36 PM
You guys worry too much. It seems, when we struggle early in the season, we win in June. It was this way in 99, as well as 03. I believe 05 was somewhat of a sluggish beginning, not to mention the injuries further along. It's not time to worry yet. Considering we are attempting to transist THREE new role players into our offense, our struggles aren't much of a shock. Give the Spurs a little more time, maybe March.

lefty
01-07-2007, 07:49 PM
The problem is we have to go through Dallas, and while we match up pretty well, most importantly they have Avery and he has been living in Pop's head for the last year and a half.

That's exactly my point ; we don't want to show to much to Dallas because of AJ ; he is good at making adjustments against us ; we want to surprise them later

Axl Van Dam
01-08-2007, 07:29 PM

:reading While I agree that a championship team doesn't need homecourt advantage to win, It comes in handy in tight situations. Also we beat Phoenix in 2005 because Phoenix can't play defense which is still the same for them this year. Until D' Antoni instills the value of defense the Suns will never win the championship.

Clutch20
01-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I always say:
Midseason we catch hell, by April we jell.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/andygamezusa/SKETCHmYSPACE.jpg

San Antonio after a HOMELOSS!

midgetonadonkey
01-09-2007, 12:08 AM
This was a great thread.

lefty
01-09-2007, 12:27 AM
This was a great thread.

Thanks

Hoy
01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
...are the Spurs not playing their best basketball on purpose vs the Mavs, so they don't show too much until they meet in the postseason?

Yeah I know it sounds really stupid, but hey, the Lakers have done it in the past

I agree with you. This is insanely stupid notion.

:dizzy

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah I know it sounds really stupid

The only thing that was quote worthy from this post.

Shank
01-09-2007, 12:35 PM
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. And I've read Lindsay Lohan's emails before, so I know dumb when I see it.

lefty
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
U 'll all feel dumb in a few months ; you'll see

JPB
01-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't say it's that stupid. :nerd

Of course Pop doesn't want to lose these games vs Mavs, but if u watch them, in each one of them he made surprising moves when something/someone was beginning to roll. One player defends well on Dirk, he's out for the next minutes, one lineup is doing great, Pop breaks it and you don't see it in the game anymore; spurs are up, let's put a weird lineup, ...Mavs come back.

Let's take Elson. He was good the first game against Dirk and didn't play much in the second...Why ?

Pop=Machiavel :cooldevil

Or maybe, Spurs are just sucking. :(

lefty
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Of course Pop doesn't want to lose these games vs Mavs, but if u watch them, in each one of them he made surprising moves when something/someone was beginning to roll. One player defends well on Dirk, he's out for the next minutes, one lineup is doing great, Pop breaks it and you don't see it in the game anymore; spurs are up, let's put a weird lineup, ...Mavs come back.

Let's take Elson. He was good the first game against Dirk and didn't play much in the second...Why ?

Right ; Pop is just trying to figure out what is working and what is not working vs Mavs, so they'll be ready during the playoffs ; Spurs coaching staff is one of the best in the league ; they are not that stupid ; hey our 1st meeting vs Dallas, Elson was a key factor ; Pop didn't play him in the 2nd meeting and everybody is wondering WTF he is doing ; don't worry he is smart enough to realize that Cisco does a great job vs Dallas

Don't worry San Antonio ; we'll be ready

Spurminator
01-09-2007, 04:34 PM
U 'll all feel dumb in a few months ; you'll see

When? When someone from the Spurs admits that they were deliberately mailing it in early so they didn't "give away too much?"

There is no "I told you so" moment to ever be had here.

George Gervin's Afro
01-09-2007, 04:34 PM
You're right it's insane.

lefty
01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
When? When someone from the Spurs admits that they were deliberately mailing it in early so they didn't "give away too much?"

There is no "I told you so" moment to ever be had here.

u'll see

Shank
01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Lefty is retarded. The "you'll see" retort is retarded. The assumption is retarded and any sort of a conspiracy theory is retarded.

LEONARD
01-09-2007, 04:48 PM
LOL...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. ..you guys figured Pop out....sneaky bastard...

lefty
01-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Lefty is retarded. The "you'll see" retort is retarded. The assumption is retarded and any sort of a conspiracy theory is retarded.

u'll see

Shank
01-09-2007, 05:08 PM
u'll see

Exactly what will we see, Nostradumbass?

Dave McNulla
01-09-2007, 05:11 PM
it's the all star game. pop doesn't want to coach it.

LilMissSPURfect
01-09-2007, 05:12 PM
i still think its early and no one is gonna care what you did or didn't do in jan......i mean be serious.....does anyone remember what miami did or didn't do early in the season......?

wgaf...see ya when SPAM comes around

lefty
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Exactly what will we see, Nostradumbass?

u'll see asshole

Shank
01-09-2007, 05:25 PM
u'll see asshole

I'll see asshole?

It's official. Your parents are brother and sister.

Borosai
01-09-2007, 05:43 PM

You say that as if it were a bad thing! LOL at you homie! :elephant

td4mvp21
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM

That's not him being sneaky, that's him being a typical stubborn dumbass. Don't count on it.

lefty
01-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I'll see asshole?

So, you are my brother? unlucky me

Shank
01-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Awmyplace? Is that you?

veronicamae
01-09-2007, 06:52 PM

best.
sig.
ever.

GrandeDavid
01-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I think the Spurs and Mavs know and study each other so well that that trick prolly wouldn't work. I just think the Mavs made a nice comeback win. It happens (as Pop likes to say).

mavs>spurs2
01-09-2007, 07:49 PM

I argued with spur fans on this board all summer that the mavs were going to be better with their aquisitions. But no one wanted to listen to me.