PDA

View Full Version : T.O is going for sure?

dallaskd
01-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I was watching SportsCenter and they were saying there is no way T.O was coming back to the Cowboys and they just couldnt see him coming back. And then I flip it over to PTI on ESPNNEWS and they say he isnt even a top 15 reciever anymore and Owens will be definatley traded this offseason. Heard any rumors? If we really getting rid of him and if we are that leaves us with no receiving core.(an aging Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton, who is a 3 or 4 reciever at best). I recommend trading up for Dwayne Jarrett or drafting Jeff Samarziga. If not, we better get a big a time reciever in FA if there is one.

King
01-08-2007, 08:36 PM
TO's not going anywhere. I don't think he's the top WR in the league - but top 5 isn't out of the question, and he's damn sure top 15.

He's said he wants to be back. Jerry's said he plans on him being back. While it may all be spin, I don't doubt for a second that TO's back next year.

Sean Salisbury
01-08-2007, 09:27 PM
let me wait until the 2007 regular season starts to tell you where i think TO is going

T Park
01-08-2007, 10:03 PM
:lol @ sean

midgetonadonkey
01-08-2007, 10:32 PM
T.O
Bill Parcells
Tony Romo

stretch
01-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I was watching SportsCenter and they were saying there is no way T.O was coming back to the Cowboys and they just couldnt see him coming back. And then I flip it over to PTI on ESPNNEWS and they say he isnt even a top 15 reciever anymore and Owens will be definatley traded this offseason. Heard any rumors? If we really getting rid of him and if we are that leaves us with no receiving core.(an aging Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton, who is a 3 or 4 reciever at best). I recommend trading up for Dwayne Jarrett or drafting Jeff Samarziga. If not, we better get a big a time reciever in FA if there is one.
if he keeps his mouth shut in the offseason, he will be back for sure. the Cowboys cant win a Superbowl without him, or at least an offensive player of his caliber. i guarantee that if they threw to him a few more times in the Seattle game, even if a drops a couple, they win the game. the guy is simply one of the best playmakers in the game, and i think that once he gets his hand back to normal, he wont drop near as many.

dg7md
01-09-2007, 02:22 AM
TO did nothing at all wrong during the last few games and I believe his presence will be missed on the field if he's gone. He's such a good blocker for a WR, it really opens things up.

I'm sure he'll be back, it wasn't TO that screwed up in that game, it was Glenn and Romo's mental mistakes throughout.

MajorMike
01-09-2007, 10:12 AM
TO just fired his publisist chick. You know, the "25 million reasons" chick.

I think I just figured out why TO took so many pills. Because he knew only about 75% would actually make it in his mouth and he would drop the rest.

johnsmith
01-09-2007, 10:16 AM

I think I just figured out why TO took so many pills. Because he knew only about 75% would actually make it in his mouth and he would drop the rest.

Czabe fan?

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2007, 10:19 AM

hilarious. btw, that publicist chick should be fired, any time you handle the situation like she did....man, that was bad. i am not saying she is not a nice lady or anything, but damn, she is a publicist! a publicist!

Melmart1
01-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Him firing that idiot is a good thing and a good sign, imho.

kskonn
01-09-2007, 11:22 AM
yea I think it shows that he is starting to realize where some of the bad influences in his life are and is starting to get rid of them. I am now off to find TO so that I can become his publicist, I bet she made a lot of money.

johnsmith
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM
yea I think it shows that he is starting to realize where some of the bad influences in his life are and is starting to get rid of them. I am now off to find TO so that I can become his publicist, I bet she made a lot of money.

I can give you 25 million reasons why you should be TO's publicist.

kskonn
01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I can give you 25 million reasons why you should be TO's publicist.

haha. :lol :lol I would settle for a million reasons. Although that line about the bad influences was pretty solid, he can use that one for free, after that I start to charge.

bigdog
01-09-2007, 04:13 PM

all of that stuff you hear on tv is just talk, everyone has their own opinion. are those guys the owners of the team? jerry jones will do what he wants to do,and he said he wants parcells and owens back next year. parcelss has spent the past couple of days looking at film and he even said that he was trying to see what the team needed to do to get ready for the future. now that doesnt sound like someone who is ready to leave. jones likes TO too much to let him go,so I think that TO and Parcells will be back next year.

oh yeah, and i really dont see why parcells would have a problem with TO,its not like owens has given parcells any personal problems or told him off or anything,the guy works hard in practice,and if it werent for an injury to his hand,he might've caught those passes he dropped.the only reason anyone is saying "its either parcells or owens that returns" is because of the media. the media is the reason all of this stuff comes up. they are the ones who start rumors and they are the ones who ask parcells about owens ALL THE TIME anyways. i see that parcells' only problem about anything concerning TO, would be the fact that the media doesnt shut up about TO. my opinion, both of them will be back. period

BeerIsGood!
01-09-2007, 04:16 PM
TO will be back unless someone makes the Cowboys an offer they can't refuse.

That someone could also be Bill Parcells.

Ballcox
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
^I also think TO will be back along with Parcells. BUT, we have got to find another young reciever, either through free agency or the draft. Glenn is old and has a history of not making it through entire seasons, TO is old and probably has maybe 1-2 seasons left at an 'elite' level and Crayton is decent, but probably never better than a 3rd receiver.

I like the potential of Hurd and M. Austin at receiver, but adding another young guy would be a good idea. It's a deep year for WR's in the draft, maybe get one that route and then add another through free agency?

BeerIsGood!
01-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm interested to see where the Cowboys go with this next draft. They've been spending picks on LB and D linemen the last few years, and I'm interested to see where they go this year. The play of Carpenter in the playoff game was the big bright spot in that game as far as I'm concerned.

slayermin
01-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Despite all of TO's drops, he still had an All-Pro season. He's top ten, imo.

kingsfan
01-10-2007, 12:48 AM
He fired his publicist http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif That job couldn't pay enough.

King
01-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Taken from Jerry in a radio interview today:

Owens is due a big roster bonus as is Terry Glenn. They are both coming back. (They badger him a bit on this). Stop this crap, I can't be any clearer. If you guys do your homework you will see I made this statement after the last game. I don't care if you agree with it. I couldn't be clearer. The answer is yes and I know the ramifications.

samikeyp
01-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Too bad there isn't a way the Cowboys could "Herschel Walker" TO to some team. :)

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 12:19 PM
do you 'boys fans want to back? and i don't mean a better version, i mean as is...cause he isn't going to change or get better.

leemajors
01-10-2007, 12:30 PM
do you 'boys fans want to back? and i don't mean a better version, i mean as is...cause he isn't going to change or get better.

if he were capable of acting like he did after the loss on saturday all the time, sure. i don't think that's remotely possible, though.

LEONARD
01-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Taken from Jerry in a radio interview today:

He also said that if you ask him about any player on the roster right now he'd give the same answer... ;)

mardigan
01-10-2007, 01:28 PM
T.O. seemed to become a good teamate throughout the season, from taking Hurd under his wing to consoling Romo. I dot see any reason thyat the Boys, Parcells, or fans wouldnt want a guy back that busts his ass for his team. Yeah he drops passes, but he also catches a shitload of tds, and runblocks as good as any reciever in the league not named Heinz Ward. His intimidation factor is also huge, teams have to pay a lot of attention to him, which is why we had 2 1000 yard recivers, and Witten still had 750. Everyone just wants to talk shit. As far as the draft, SAFETY, SAFETY,SAFETY. We also desperatly need some defensive ends, I thought Canty and Spears would be a strength going into this year, but they were a huge weakness. Hatcher will probably start for one of the 2 next year, but pass rushing d linemen are something we need desperately. I think we are good on the offensive side for next year, except we will probably need a new backup, because Bledsoe is probably gone

ShoogarBear
01-11-2007, 01:41 AM
T.O. fired his publicist, so he'll be right as rain from now on.