PDA

View Full Version : Supersize Me? Oh fuck that shit.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2004, 04:17 PM
You know, I guess I always knew that shit was bad for you, but I never knew it was THAT bad.

I watched Supersize Me this weekend, and I'm avoiding fast food places at whatever cost. In fact I'm probably going to try to go as organic as possible, but whole foods is too damn far from me and I'm too lazy to cook all the time.

Oh, and I'm not giving up Bill Millers, I'm not crazy.

Has anyone else seen this???

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Yeah, but you also should take into account that the guy was a vegan who essentially shocked his body with special sauce.

Spurminator
11-08-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm thinking of making a movie where I consume nothing but water, and document the changes in my body as evidence that water kills.

I did find the movie interesting though... I pretty much gave up McD's a while back anyway because I just starting feeling dirty after eating a quarter pounder.

I have been known to stop by for some fries as a cure for the late night munchies though.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
He wasn't a vegan. His girlfriend was a vegan chef but he wasn't a vegan before or after the film.

I wish my girlfriend was a vegan chef, they make all kinds of good shit.

Duff McCartney
11-08-2004, 04:33 PM
I'll still stick to eating fast food.

Useruser666
11-08-2004, 04:52 PM
There was another stroy about this on one of the local news channells(WOAI or KMOL?). A reporter did the same thing as this gy did but didn't drink any sodas. The reporter actually loast weight and had no major changes in other bodily readings. The report said he had a higher metabolism than most and that may be part of why the results were the way they were.

I don't recomend eating from any one place for all your meals. Fast food is good now and then for handy meals when your in a rush. With new salad items I think you could probably get better results than when this film was made.

samikeyp
11-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Oh, and I'm not giving up Bill Millers, I'm not crazy.

Hell yeah!

BTW, Manny...you were missed at the GTG.

bigzak25
11-08-2004, 05:35 PM
i like hamburgers. no bacon. no fries. no sodas. just the burger. mmmmm....good.

meals on wheels for 2 bux, can't go wrong. there is that whole high cholesterol thing, but the calories aren't that bad. to each there own....

Boomhauer
11-08-2004, 06:01 PM
ManITellYouWhatILoveMeSomeBillMillersYesSir

Clandestino
11-08-2004, 08:33 PM
manny, i can't believe you fall for all the hype of michael moore and now this jack ass... you could live perfectly fine on fast food if you wanted to. this dude, purposely tried to fuck himself up with fast food to make a buck off people like you.

SpursWoman
11-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Actually, a Whopper from Burger King has something like 65 grams of (mostly saturated) fat....and that's not including a moster fries & a coke.

Unless you have the metabolism of Karen Carpenter, a steady diet of that will mess your world UP. :wow

Duff McCartney
11-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Unless you have the metabolism of Karen Carpenter, a steady diet of that will mess your world UP. :wow

I think the stupidity of this movie is how many people actually eat a steady diet of McDonalds? Come on nobody eats 3 square meals a day of McDonalds for a month.

I'm willing to bet nobody eats 3 square meals of home cooked food for a month either.

SpursWoman
11-08-2004, 08:51 PM
I didn't see the movie....don't really need to to know what happens. I've been going through blood, sweat and tears trying to destroy the evidence. :fro

Shelly
11-08-2004, 08:52 PM
There was this website that did their own supersize expirement years ago to see how much weight they could gain in month. It was actually pretty funny. Damn if I can remember the url.

Guru of Nothing
11-08-2004, 09:13 PM
I wish my girlfriend ...

You really should start a new thread for this kind of thing.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Regardless of what you guys think is hype, the way I lost a lot of weight over a year ago was to stop eating fast food and to stop consuming soda's.

GON, are you just a vegitarian or are you vegan? Do you have any cool recipies? I love meat and I'll never give it up but I've eaten some cool vegan stuff in the past.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2004, 10:58 PM
BTW, have eitehr of you seen the movie? (Duff and Cladestino?)

timvp
11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
manny, i can't believe you fall for all the hype of michael moore and now this jack ass... you could live perfectly fine on fast food if you wanted to. this dude, purposely tried to fuck himself up with fast food to make a buck off people like you.

Damn, Clandestino destroyed you Manny ... and you just took it.

You've gone soft.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2004, 11:00 PM
I've mellowed out in my old age, bitch.

T Park
11-08-2004, 11:04 PM
The guy eats nothing but Mcdonalds for what 1 month 3 months??

Duuuhhhhhh, its not goodfor you, theres a fuckin revelation.

Its not made to be eaten 3 times a day everyday.

Cladenstino, got a DVD for you to pick up, at either Sam's Club or wherever.

Fahrenhype 9/11, it pretty much goes through the movie 9 11 and pretty much shows that almost 100% of the movie is a total lie.

Also the people Moore put in the movie make statements that they didnt want to be in it, nor did they give consent to be in it.

One was the soldier who lost both arms. He made the statement, I ddint know I was in it, I didnt want to be in it, Michael Moore does not represent me.

These "documenteries", dont believe everything you see.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Look shitheads. Watch the fucking DVD, then come comment about the films contents. It makes LOTS of arguements that even people with 2 fucking brain cells would be able to comprehend on the relevence of the expiriment and it introduces information outside of the experiment.

Fuck.

Guru of Nothing
11-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Regardless of what you guys think is hype, the way I lost a lot of weight over a year ago was to stop eating fast food and to stop consuming soda's.

GON, are you just a vegitarian or are you vegan? Do you have any cool recipies? I love meat and I'll never give it up but I've eaten some cool vegan stuff in the past.

I am "just" a vegetarian.

Brodels
11-09-2004, 08:34 AM
He wasn't a vegan. His girlfriend was a vegan chef but he wasn't a vegan before or after the film.

I wish my girlfriend was a vegan chef, they make all kinds of good shit.

I'd put the wood to her. She was cute.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Fahrenhype 9/11, it pretty much goes through the movie 9 11 and pretty much shows that almost 100% of the movie is a total lie.

I've been itching to make this argument and lo and behold, TPark ignites it.

I love it when people come out and say "Michael Moore sucks and his movie is 100% lies. He is biased." and then they turn right around and say "Watch this for the REAL truth".

Why are people so apt to believe that one movie is the "save-all documentary"?

You're telling me that the producers of FahrenHype are totally unbiased and are simply debunking Fahrenheit, right TPark?

They produced a movie out of the goodness of their hearts. Why didn't they get ALL the people in Moore's flick in FahrenHype? What about the mom whose son died in Iraq? You know, the one who was standing in front of the White House when some lady comes in and tells a protestor that she's lying.

That fake too, TPark?

FahrenHype had Ron Silver and Ann Coulter in it. Two people who obviously have no bias against Moore and the Democrats whatsoever, right?

They couldn't possibly 100% (or even 10%) lie (as you said it) to make the film a little juicier. Are the producers making any money from the sale of FahrenHype?

Basically, one movie isn't the save-all, be-all truth, and I'm tired of people immediately tossing Hype out as the "real truth" against Heit.

Spurminator
11-09-2004, 10:07 AM
I've watched both. They are both dripping with bias.

I would say that if you've watched one of them, you should watch the other... but it's probably best to watch neither.

Duff McCartney
11-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Watch the fucking DVD, then come comment about the films contents. It makes LOTS of arguements that even people with 2 fucking brain cells would be able to comprehend on the relevence of the expiriment and it introduces information outside of the experiment.

What arguements? That eating nothing but fast food for a month is bad for you? No shit. Who doesn't know that?

The reason this movie/experiment is flawed...is because it works under the assumption that people are stupid and they eat McDonalds for months on end at every meal.

Uncle Donnie
11-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Ann Coultier is barely in FahrenHype and I agree they should have left her out. Most of the effective arguments against Moore in that movie come from Democrats.

MannyIsGod
11-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Duff, watch the fucknig movie THEN comment on it.

Shelly
11-09-2004, 02:37 PM
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I did read Fast Food Nation. A lot of people were claiming they were gonna boycott McDonald's, etc. after reading it. I would venture to guess that most of them stopped boycotting a long time ago.

Point? (And I'm not directing this at you, Manny) Most people will come away from this moving feeling the same way and as time goes by, they'll go back to their fast food eating habits. And/or sue McDonald's for making them fat.

MannyIsGod
11-09-2004, 02:42 PM
I have yet to read Fast Food Nation OR Nickel and Dimed, 2 books which I was hounded to read by an ex. However, I think I may pick them up today after this.

What was your reaction to the book Shelly?

Shelly
11-09-2004, 02:49 PM
I thought it was very interesting what goes on in the meat industry. It also focused on how underpaid FF workers are. It's been a few years since I've read it, however, so I don't remember all of the book. I very rarely eat FF unless we are on a trip, so in that sense, it didn't make enough of an impact on me to give it up.

What's Nickel and Dimed about? I've never heard of it.

bigzak25
11-09-2004, 03:10 PM
well, this is the mcdonald's double cheese info....and that's with out soda/fries.....and God forbid you double up.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-01-02s04sy.png

meanwhile, a dry whataburger has 580.....i'll stick with that as a meal replacement when i'm on the go.

Frankly, if you eat a whataburger for breakfast, lunch and dinner, that's 1800 calories, and i'm sure a man could lose weight with that caloric intake. healthy is a whole nuther story.....

my achilles heel is general chicken.....which of course comes will all the other goodies associated with chinese food....eggroll, fried rice....

i don't want to think about how many calories is in that meal. :pctoss

oh and found this pic on google....this looks healthy don't it..... :lol http://www.grrl.com/recipecheeseburgerpie1.jpg

Shelly
11-09-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm scared of that thing! WTF is that?

bigzak25
11-09-2004, 03:14 PM
i don't know, but have the defibrillator handy.....

11-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, that looks like a kick-ass deep dish pizza cassarole kinda thing!

Throw some jalapenos on top, a little West Texas Dust and a few cold Lone Star tall boys and we'd be in business.

Shelly
11-09-2004, 03:17 PM
:lol

Well, I guess it's fair to say it's some kind of pie....

11-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Properties on the pic say it is some kind of cheeseburger pie.

I'd bet one slice/piece of that would rate an extra 3 miles added to my roadwork.

But damn, I bet it would be tasty...

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Hungry Man breakfast.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/yucky.gif

Shelly
11-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Well, it does have 4 grams of fiber!

SpursWoman
11-09-2004, 10:31 PM
And 36 grams of protein! :)

Shelly
11-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Ah, but 78 grams of carbs.

Forget it!

scott
11-09-2004, 11:23 PM
I haven't seen the movie but I gave up places like McDonalds awhile ago. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that McDonalds isn't good for you, and if you eat it for 3 straight months it will be even worse for you! With that said, eating every once and awhile won't kill you...

MannyIsGod
11-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Nickel and Dimed is about how some companies treat their workers and how you can't "live" on a living wage.

I was simply blown away by the scope of the damage his body took in the span of one month. In fact, every single doctor in the movie was. They also attack Mcdonald's marketing scheems and what they say about nutritionists and their opinions.

Shelly
11-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks...I'll have to look for it the next time I'm at the library.

King
11-10-2004, 01:58 PM
What arguements? That eating nothing but fast food for a month is bad for you? No shit. Who doesn't know that?

The reason this movie/experiment is flawed...is because it works under the assumption that people are stupid and they eat McDonalds for months on end at every meal.

If you'd watch the movie, you'd see the part at the end where he says that his experiment is skewed because nobody eats it three meals a day for thirty days straight. But, that it's not really THAT far-fetched because there are people that eat there four or five times a week.

If anyone has rented it on DVD, watch the special features. The smoking fry part, particularly. He buys five different burgers (Big Mac, Fish Filet, etc) fries, and a burger and fries from a regular restaurant. He puts all of them in different containers, and just leaves them to see what happens. After about five weeks, all are pretty nasty (the Big Mac took about two weeks before any mold was on it) except the McD fries. There is absolutely no mold or anything on them....they don't show anything even after 11 weeks when they're thrown out.

SpursWoman
11-10-2004, 02:53 PM
He puts all of them in different containers, and just leaves them to see what happens. After about five weeks, all are pretty nasty (the Big Mac took about two weeks before any mold was on it) except the McD fries. There is absolutely no mold or anything on them....they don't show anything even after 11 weeks when they're thrown out.

That's insane, and must have something to do with how the human lifespan has increased. It's all the damn preservatives! :wow

Shelly
11-10-2004, 03:32 PM
That's insane, and must have something to do with how the human lifespan has increased. It's all the damn preservatives! :wow

I never thought of that, but fuck, that's scary.

CommanderMcBragg
11-10-2004, 04:11 PM
I've been eating red meat all my life and I'm as healthy as a horse.
With excercise and a good enema now and then you can eat what you want.

Samurai Jane
11-10-2004, 04:36 PM
If you'd watch the movie, you'd see the part at the end where he says that his experiment is skewed because nobody eats it three meals a day for thirty days straight. But, that it's not really THAT far-fetched because there are people that eat there four or five times a week.

If anyone has rented it on DVD, watch the special features. The smoking fry part, particularly. He buys five different burgers (Big Mac, Fish Filet, etc) fries, and a burger and fries from a regular restaurant. He puts all of them in different containers, and just leaves them to see what happens. After about five weeks, all are pretty nasty (the Big Mac took about two weeks before any mold was on it) except the McD fries. There is absolutely no mold or anything on them....they don't show anything even after 11 weeks when they're thrown out.

Haven't you guys ever dropped a fry under/between your car seat and found it months later still in mint condition?? Or is that just me?? :oops

JoeChalupa
11-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I once dropped a seed and found it a few days later and it had sprouted.
I replanted it and grew a nice sized plant.

bigzak25
11-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Haven't you guys ever dropped a fry under/between your car seat and found it months later still in mint condition?? Or is that just me??

yeah, they look good, but they just don't taste the same.... :p

Slomo
11-10-2004, 06:01 PM
^^^ :lol :lol :lol

Samurai Jane
11-10-2004, 06:13 PM
yeah, they look good, but they just don't taste the same.... :p

Umm.. I wouldn't know about that! :angel

timvp
11-21-2004, 05:45 AM
Damn Manny, you fell for the hype. We watched the DVD tonight with some peeps and we were all laughing at the end after finding countless flaws in that video. The hype in that movie is ten times greater than any susbstance.

Sure, eating fast food three times a day will hurt you. I didn't have to watch a video to figure that one out. But come on, he not only stopped eating healthy ... he also stopped walking at all. By not walking, he ruined the premise because now you don't know if he got fatter because he ate the food or because he stopped physical activity.

And all the fake doctors with their fake testominy was hilarious. The doctors pretended to think nothing too bad would happen if some guy went on an all fast food diet for a month ... wtf, any doctor would tell you that you are going to get messed up. Them being "shocked" at the end and telling him to stop was classic.

:lmao @ him crying on the phone to his mommy.

Man Manny, how the hell do you fall for this work of fiction?

T Park
11-21-2004, 05:52 PM
same way he fell for the bucket of lies Fahrenheit 9/11.

Wich has already been proven in another TRUE documentary, about 99 to 100% of what Moore said was totally false and a lie.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Wich has already been proven in another TRUE documentary, about 99 to 100% of what Moore said was totally false and a lie.

You never answered my question in another thread about that.

Let me go find that.

Fuck that, it was this thread.

Answer it, Park.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=82422&postcount=24

MannyIsGod
11-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Tpark, Blow me when you actually become INFORMED.

When did you see me giving f911 a lot of credit? When?

I have maintained the best documentary is The Control Room, which I'd be suprised if you'd heard about.

LJ, once again, they made a lot of valid points away from the actual film about mcdonalds marketing practices, their food lobby power, and the way food is made. IE Chicken McNuggets.

Thats what I dug about it.

Besides that, I still think what happend to his body was fucked up, even if he did eat mcdonalds all the time.

Oh, and I thought what they said about school lunch was pretty interesting as well.

T Park
11-21-2004, 11:13 PM
You never answered my question in another thread about that.

its called Fahrenhype 9/11.

you can find it in Sam's Club, wich is where I got it.

T Park
11-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Tpark, Blow me when you actually become INFORMED

so informed is believeing in your line of thinking??

No thanks. Thats not informed, thats just believing the partisan BS.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 11:22 PM
its called Fahrenhype 9/11.

you can find it in Sam's Club, wich is where I got it.

Did you actually READ the post I linked to? The post IN THIS THREAD?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Thats not informed, thats just believing the partisan BS.

Again, reading my post would ask you to clarify this position.

T Park
11-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Ok read your post.

First off, Ron Silver has been a past liberal, who has supported the president since 9/11.

He narrated the DVD, and if you would waaatch it you would know about it.

They get the person whos arms were blown off and was in Fahrenheit 9/11 without his consent.

The other, (now i watched this about 3 weeks ago so its on bad memory) was a family whos son was killed and they were put in the Fahrenheit 9/11 movie, ONCE AGAIN without there consent.

Ann Coulter has an EXTREMELY small part in the movie, she prob speaks a total of 15 seconds int he whole thing.

Dick Morris, describes what 9/11 was like, and simplifies and explains some things.

And the basis of the fact finders are two writers who have been disproving pretty much everything Michael Moore puts in print.

They wrote a book "Michael Moore is a stupid fat white man"

wich when you read it, makes you sick to your stomach.

Michael Moore pretty much prints lies, distorts things, and cuts and pastes his documentaries to fit his agenda.

Duff McCartney
11-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Ann Coulter is a stupid cunt anyway....but she's pretty damn hot.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2004, 01:08 AM
No Carnie,

Being informed means looking at all of these films with an eye that scrutinizes everything.

It's funny that you call me out for "buying the company line" while hyping a so called documentary that believes that by equaling or surpassing the level of bias in f911 it can be legitimized.

Tpark, You are educated on forgien policy about as much as the average american citizen which is pathetic. You woudln't be able to locate half the countries we invade on a map, and you wouldn't be able give me a halfway decent acount of history in the world over the past 50 years.

I would think these would be the minimum in considering yourself informed.

The thing is, you always try to jump and and throw some kind of quick intellectual jab and just end up getting your ass refuted because you have no idea what you're talking about.

You've taken a thread that was about a film that talks about the unhealthiness of the fast food industry with Mcdonalds in the spotlight and tried to turn it into another left/right debate.

At least your fat ass would be an expert witness when it comes to big macs, but otherwise you should keep your idiocy to yourself.

I still don't think you have seen either one of the 2 documentaries in question, yet you feel you have an expert opinion on both. At least LJ calling me out on things was after he had seen the movie.

And to follow up, the movie made several good points, most of which I have posted above. Anytime you watch a movie with an agenda you must be able to filter out where they are pushing the agenda too far and when they are making a good arguement.

How many tickets for a well informed Tpark? The world may never know.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Ann Coulter is a stupid cunt anyway....but she's pretty damn hot.

She's got a bigger fucking Adam's Apple that most of the posters in FSP.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-22-2004, 01:20 AM
BTW, Park.

Who said I didn't watch it? I HAVE watched it - you know, to make informed decisions by listening to multiple points of view.

And IIRC, I don't think I've ever said Heit was the be-all, know-all of documentaries.

Just because you watch the film doesn't make you a bleeding-heart Commie (as I have been called once this year since working for The University Star)

whottt
11-22-2004, 01:21 AM
McDonald's sucks. You couldn't pay me to eat that stuff 3 times a day...I do like the McRibb though.

I however, have subsisted on eating beef fajita tacos from TacoCabana daily for about 5 years now. S'pretty much all I eat and I drink a ton of cokes...I gained about 18 pounds when I first started eating that way then lost about 4 lbs and have hovered around the same weight every since. I'm 6' tall and weigh 174.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-22-2004, 01:22 AM
McDonald's sucks. You couldn't pay me to eat that stuff 3 times a day...I do like the McRibb though.

I however, have subsisted on eating beef fajita tacos from TacoCabana daily for about 5 years now. S'pretty much all I eat and I drink a ton of cokes...I gained about 18 pounds when I first started eating that way then lost about 4 lbs and have hovered around the same weight every since. I'm 6' tall and weigh 174.

Fatass. :lol

whottt
11-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Taco Cabana should pay me to do commercials for them.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Taco Cabana should pay me to do commercials for them.

*Pre-orders the "Whottt" collector's cup.*

timvp
11-22-2004, 01:41 AM
LJ, once again, they made a lot of valid points away from the actual film about mcdonalds marketing practices

Yeah, so McDonalds markets to kids. Who didn't know that going into the movie? This is a common practice.

their food lobby power

Every big business has lobby power. The bigger the business, the more lobby power. That's how the world spins.

and the way food is made. IE Chicken McNuggets.

How did you think they made chicken nuggets? You thought they got only the most tender of chicken breast and then molden them by hand? Hell no.

If that grossed you out, you better never watch how they make sausage, hot dogs, etc.

It was comical when the movie was going off asking what part of the chicken did the nugget come from ... as if you should be able to tell by the shape. Um ... every piece of meat is shaped different.

Thats what I dug about it.

Besides that, I still think what happend to his body was fucked up, even if he did eat mcdonalds all the time.

Well, you could do the same thing with pretty much any type of food. Eat pie for a month and the same thing would happen. The only thing that really messed him up was all the sugar he was drinking. If he stayed with just the burgers and even having some fries ... he would have been fine. Oh yeah, and if he kept walking like he was doing before and after the film.

He11, you could eat only shrimp for a month and probably die of iodine poisoning. Or drink carrot juice for a month and you'd be more orange than John Kerry after he had the tanning sessions.

The video wasn't bad just because you could feel how much he was trying to make his point. He was trying so hard to make McDonalds bad for him. WTF was up with him eating in his car and in hotel beds? Was he not allowed tables as well?

Bottomline is that was a fluff piece aimed at scaring people ... without much fact or reasoning backing it up.

P.S.

I rarely eat fast food just because it's obviously bad for you.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2004, 01:58 AM
You know all those points you made, and acted as though it was common knowledge....the Mcnuggets, the Lobbys, the marketing to kids....it's NOT common knowledge.

When you know all this stuff and you watch a film, it's easy to get lost in the "no shit" factor. But the majority of Americans don't know shit about all of that, and it's going to take exposure like this to get them to realize it.

I would also argue that there are people out there who eat fast food 3 times a day on most days.

timvp
11-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Well damn, if people are this stupid ... we should make movies then, Manny. You eat Krispy Kreme donuts three times a day for a month and I'll film it.

We'll be rich.

:smokin

Useruser666
11-22-2004, 09:18 AM
DANGER!!! Knives are sharp!

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-22-2004, 09:41 AM
DANGER!!! Knives are sharp!

DANGER! (
http://www.sparesomechange.com/funny/warning.asp?text=Water+Is+Wet!)

Marcus Bryant
11-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Why is it that people who make dumb decisions are always the victim? If you eat fast food 24/7/365 then yeah, you're probably going to be more at risk of having some health problems. If you don't exercise then yeah, you're probably more at risk of developing health problems. If you smoke and drink to excess then yeah, you're probably more at risk of developing health problems.

At least in the case of cigarette smoking there is a rather compelling argument about the addictive substance included in the product. What's the addictive substance in a Big Mac? Ronald's special love sauce?

I'm shocked to find out that fast food companies devote significant resources to their marketing efforts. I'm shocked that they seek to increase the traffic to their franchise stores.

Being stupid doesn't make you a victim.

You should try to get into a law school young Manuel. If you believe the shit you are spewing you'd make a great tort attorney.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Actually, I don't buy into the cigarette or mcdonalds law suits. I advocate people become informed through the efforts of others.

When have you heard me advocate lawsuits against these companies?

Marcus Bryant
11-22-2004, 11:25 AM
It's a natural result of your argument, though I commend your recommended solution.

Duff McCartney
11-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Actually, I don't buy into the cigarette or mcdonalds law suits.

The cigarette lawsuits are well justified...most of them. At a certain point...the cigarette industry KNEW about all the harmful stuff in their cigarettes, but they kept them hidden. When all the harmful things came to light, that's when the lawsuits came about. The cigarette industry payed BILLIONS to people who sued them.

But I agree that some of the lawsuits primarily the ones now are bogus, who doesn't know that cigarettes can fuck you up?

Shelly
12-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Never mind...the Way back machine doesn't have the whole thing archived.

Spurminator
12-04-2004, 12:15 AM
I rented this tonight... Overall, a good movie. I like that it puts the primary initiative on the consumer, rather than totally blaming McDonalds for idiots who eat 5 meals a week there. A good job of exposing McDonalds' poor efforts at providing nutritional info.

Hook Dem
12-04-2004, 12:38 PM
http://tinypic.com/u8siw

PakiDan
12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=MannyIsGod]Regardless of what you guys think is hype, the way I lost a lot of weight over a year ago was to stop eating fast food and to stop consuming soda's.

Ohhhhhh - the rails had nothimg to do with it....

Hook Dem
12-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Those damn sodas are completely unnecessary. Water is still good!

Taco
12-06-2004, 01:50 PM
... In fact I'm probably going to try to go as organic as possible ...

Do you mean like this? :smokin

MannyIsGod
12-06-2004, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=MannyIsGod]Regardless of what you guys think is hype, the way I lost a lot of weight over a year ago was to stop eating fast food and to stop consuming soda's.

Ohhhhhh - the rails had nothimg to do with it....

I'm not the asian bitch!

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm not the asian bitch!

Don't make me stop production on your Superbike from Pooh's old computer.

Shelly
08-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Finally saw this...great movie!

Cant_Be_Faded
08-20-2005, 04:38 PM
lol manny u twat....you don't have to go organic to stay healthy...next thing you know you'll be on Effexor and Paxil as well

SpursFanDan
08-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Its no secret that fast food is bad for you, but this guy ate it three times a day for a month. He never gave his body time to rest. If I ate fast food three times a Week, thats a lot for me. But the movie was suprisingly good, I liked how it was shot, but I was kind of hoping that he died at the end.

gospursgojas
08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Anyone who is out to prove a point can go out and tell a one-sided story.

Michael Moore did it with 9/11
This guy did it with Supersize me
And the guy who made March of the Penguins is going to make us all love penguins, and I fucking hate those bastards. With there stupid black and white, woddling selfs :spin

SpursWoman
08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
but I was kind of hoping that he died at the end.

:lmao

CharlieMac
08-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Decent flick. Nothing revolutionary about it though.

davi78239
08-20-2005, 06:54 PM
I'd put the wood to her. She was cute.

I hear that. She was one of them "dorky" hot white girls.

T Park
08-20-2005, 07:26 PM
I still dont understand how this is some kind of in depth thing.

You eat fast food 3 times a day for months and you get fat.

NOOOOO!!!! REALLY!!!!!

atlfan25
08-20-2005, 07:43 PM
what is this a joke?

it's about what you order and how much you exercise, for the love of god :pctoss

i wouldn't buy into this propaganda movie, i am surprised anyone did

Ginofan
08-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I think it's a knee jerk reaction to stop eating fast food or feel that you should stop eating fast food after watching this movie. I remember the first time I saw it I wanted to throw up! I stopped eating fast food for like 3 weeks...which is pretty big since at work we are always ordering breakfast and lunch.

But I think after you give yourself some time, you'll understand exactly what is good for you and what isn't. What you can eat and what you should do if you do decide to eat something not so great for you.

MannyIsGod
08-20-2005, 08:24 PM
So many people here are still missing the point. It isn't about the fact that he was getting fat because he was eating the food, it was my amazement at the level of deteroration his body underwent in such a short period of time.

I haven't eaten at McDonalds in a long time, but even before seeing this I hadnt' eaten there. I still eat fast food. Pretty rarely though. I go to Bill Millers and Whataburger when I do, but all in all after you start cooking at home and you raise the bar on the quality of food you eat you find it easier to stay away from places that serve absolute shit.

thispego
08-20-2005, 08:50 PM
yeah the man's bloodwork showed his kidneys and liver were going to shit

atlfan25
08-20-2005, 09:36 PM
i guess i should be dead then, and many people i know

Clandestino
08-20-2005, 09:36 PM
fuck it... i eat what tastes good, drink what i like, fuck who i want, etc.. you only live once so i don't want to tip toe thru life for 80-90 shitty years, when i could live it up for 60-65 years living life to its fullest.

Horry For 3!
08-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Michael Moore is a dumb fat fuck. I hate that guy.

atlfan25
08-20-2005, 09:42 PM
how is this bitch still moving after what you people believe after this bullshit

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8916080/

how could she have possibly lost weight from eating 3 meals a day at mcdonalds? must boggle some of y'alls minds

The sone
08-21-2005, 02:33 AM
I've mellowed out in my old age, bitch.

old age...manny your like five...relax. we got plenty of time left to eat crap!!

Shelly
08-21-2005, 08:24 AM
how is this bitch still moving after what you people believe after this bullshit

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8916080/

how could she have possibly lost weight from eating 3 meals a day at mcdonalds? must boggle some of y'alls minds

1,400 calories a day
Morgan used nutritional information downloaded from McDonald’s Web site to create meal plans of no more than 1,400 calories a day. She only ate french fries twice, usually choosing burgers and salads. Those choices are a stark contrast with those made by Spurlock, who ate every menu item at least once.

She counted calories. Of course, she'd lose weight. In the movie, he was eating up to 5000 calories a day and was eating Big Macs and super-sized meals, if asked. A Big Mac super sized meal would well be over 1400 calories.

Also, I think the whole point of the movie was to see how his cholesterol would change, etc. I think he was well aware that he'd gain weight from day one.

It's not just McDonald's. Look at any restaurant size portions. They all are way too much food.

ObiwanGinobili
08-21-2005, 09:49 AM
I saw that movie a few months back.
coincidently about hte same time I stopped eating fast food.

I was at the pool the other day and one of my neighbors had bought some taco hell and was eating it there by hte pool...... :vomit. omg I wanted to gag.
just smelling it made me sick. and watchign her put it in her mouth... ewwwwwwww.

that being said.. I'm sure I will eat fast food again at some point in the future.
But it will be a rare occurance. Anything more than 2x's a month is disgusting.

ObiwanGinobili
08-21-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm willing to bet nobody eats 3 square meals of home cooked food for a month either.

uhm. i have.

just recently too.
infact most months are 100% homecooked.
but this last month I have ordered out 2x's and gotten pizza once. mostly becasue I'm a super tired, lazy, hormonal pregnant woman.

but i'd say that out of 365 days in a year, 345 of those would be 100% homecooked meal days in our household.

ObiwanGinobili
08-21-2005, 09:58 AM
oh and found this pic on google....this looks healthy don't it..... :lol http://www.grrl.com/recipecheeseburgerpie1.jpg

thats a cheeseburger pie.
:D
I make it like once a month.
you need bisquick, hamburger, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheeder cheese. :spin
oh, and 1/2 a bottle of ketchup for topping.....

and yes. it's probebly really bad for me. :smokin

Clandestino
08-21-2005, 10:00 AM
haha.. she is not eating out.. but is she eating healthy! haha.. but it sure looks good! mmm..i'm hungry now.. time for some nice eggs, bacon, biscuits!

ObiwanGinobili
08-21-2005, 10:01 AM
bisquits with sausage gravy???

Clandestino
08-21-2005, 10:17 AM
bisquits with sausage gravy???

why are you torturing me????!

SpursFanDan
08-21-2005, 02:33 PM
So many people here are still missing the point. It isn't about the fact that he was getting fat because he was eating the food, it was my amazement at the level of deteroration his body underwent in such a short period of time.
Yeah, I think we got that. Its pretty fucking obvious what the food did to his body. His sex drive died, he found that the only time he was happy was when he was eating mcdonalds. I knew they sprinkled crack on their patties, and on their fries.

Kori Ellis
08-21-2005, 02:52 PM
:lmao @ this thread

I just re-read the beginning pages and couldn't stop laughing at the timvp/Manny exchange. The part in the movie where he is so distraught at choking down all the food while sitting in the car when it's 100 degrees outside is hysterical. How about going inside the air conditioned McD's and sitting at a table and eating? It was so melodramatic.

I want them to re-do the movie and make him exercise but still eat all that fastfood and see what happens. I want to see how much difference it would make on the deterioration of his health.

Spurfect
08-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't get the people that see this movie as some big eye opener or something. Hello the guy was eating 5,000 calories a day!! And of course with that comes an enormous amount of saturated fat grams and loads of sugar. WHO WOULDA THUNK THAT WOULD MESS UP YOUR BODY? DOH!! No normal people eats like that every single day and when you think about it, the people that DO, are most likely severly obese to where a normal amount of food does not satisfy them.

MannyIsGod
08-21-2005, 02:58 PM
:lmao Kori. I just went and reread that. Now I know how it all got started. It was a TimVP production.

Shelly
08-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Trivia for
Super Size Me (2004)

* The documentary premiered at Sundance in January, 2004. Less than two months later, McDonalds announced that it will no longer sell any of their menu items in "Super Size", although they officially deny that this move was in reaction to the film.

* Morgan Spurlock got the idea for the documentary when he was lying on his couch at his family's house shortly after Thanksgiving dinner, watching TV when he saw the news about two teenage girls suing McDonald's for making them obese.

* When the movie opened in Australia, it had the highest opening gross ever for a documentary. It grossed just over AUS$1 million (over US$800,000) in the first two weeks of release.

* At the San Francisco premiere Morgan Spurlock said that getting permission to shoot in NYC McDonalds was often denied (in which case they would often hide the camera or go out to the car and eat), but to acquire consent in less paranoid cities generally consisted of the following exchange: "What are you guys filming here?" "We're shooting a MOVIE!" "OK."

* Author Eric Schlosser, who wrote Fast Food Nation, had declined to interview for the documentary. However, Schlosser eventually agreed to an interview with Morgan Spurlock, which is featured on the DVD.

* In the animated sequence that explains the details of McDonalds "Heavy Users" and "Super Heavy Users", one of the cartoon figures is Don Gorske.

Shelly
08-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I just thought it was well made and he was a likeable person.

The part where he threw everything up after the third day was classic!

MannyIsGod
08-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I just reread the entire thread. I never once thought this was some kind of real experiment and never did I think it was short on hype. But everything considered, some of the things learned from the movie are interesting as all hell.

Like I said, I don't eat there. I think it is pretty gross even by fast food standards.

atlfan25
08-21-2005, 06:50 PM
1,400 calories a day
Morgan used nutritional information downloaded from McDonald’s Web site to create meal plans of no more than 1,400 calories a day. She only ate french fries twice, usually choosing burgers and salads. Those choices are a stark contrast with those made by Spurlock, who ate every menu item at least once.

She counted calories. Of course, she'd lose weight. In the movie, he was eating up to 5000 calories a day and was eating Big Macs and super-sized meals, if asked. A Big Mac super sized meal would well be over 1400 calories.

Also, I think the whole point of the movie was to see how his cholesterol would change, etc. I think he was well aware that he'd gain weight from day one.

It's not just McDonald's. Look at any restaurant size portions. They all are way too much food.
That was my point about it all, the movie is just propaganda, any moron who will eat 5k calories and doesn't exercise like a pro athlete with have drastic consequences. You can eat just fine at mcdonalds, just don't be a moron.