PDA

View Full Version : Suns > Spurs?

PhxDog
01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm not saying it myself--too crass--but that's (apparently) what they believe in Dallas:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16410233.htm

8. Welcome to Mavs season.

The Mavs' thumping of the Spurs in the city by the dirty bathtub is a reminder of what we should have all known: The Mavs are the best team in the NBA.

No longer is the real threat Santonio. It is Phoenix. The Spurs are aging fast. The Suns are just fast. What we may be seeing, however, is the Mavs are about to do to Phoenix what the Spurs used to them.

Frustrate them. Year. After year. After year.

So, save your popcorn for that NBA Finals run.

It seems kind of harsh to me--a couple of bad losses in January, and you Spurs fans are reduced to arguing with Jazz fans over 3rd place. I mean, you can even claim your team is missing a couple of key letters.

The Dallas media isn't having any of that, though. They know what it takes to win a championship, and the Spurs no longer make the grade... :toast

E20
01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
At this point of the Spurs season, I would agree. PHX > SA

It's San Antonio though. :lol

ChumpDumper
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Their threat is the LA Lakers.

Kori Ellis
01-08-2007, 08:16 PM
The newspaper misspelled San Antonio? or that's just a fan comment?

Anyway, yes Mavs fans have been saying the same thing in other threads.

Leetonidas
01-08-2007, 08:17 PM
The Dallas media is retarded. If they truly think the Spurs aren't a threat to them, they're gonna regret it come playoff time.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-08-2007, 08:19 PM
:lol Its funny coz its so premature. The Spurs will be in the finals.

Manu is getting back into dominating form, TP is his usual crafty self and Duncan always steps up when it counts.

Heck they would have been in the finals last year if Manu was his old self.

Call me in June if the Mavs or Suns are in the finals :smokin

MannyIsGod
01-08-2007, 08:20 PM
The Dallas media is retarded. If they truly think the Spurs aren't a threat to them, they're gonna regret it come playoff time.Its the media, they don't do much game playing so I doubt they'll regret much.

Right now half the NBA is better than the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Apparently it's some sports radio chick.

Hoopsworldworthy.

Leetonidas
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Its the media, they don't do much game playing so I doubt they'll regret much.

Right now half the NBA is better than the Spurs.

I meant all of Dallas. The city, the fans, the players, the team...

And you think 15 teams are better than the Spurs? At this point, all I can think of is Dallas and Phoenix (maybe).

lurker
01-08-2007, 08:23 PM
The Spurs are still a threat, but I definitely think the Suns are the bigger threat now for the Mavs. The Suns seem pretty confident that this will be their year.

dallaskd
01-08-2007, 08:23 PM
The Dallas media is retarded. If they truly think the Spurs aren't a threat to them, they're gonna regret it come playoff time.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

PhxDog
01-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I mean, you can even claim your team is missing a couple of key letters.
I can't believe nobody picked up on this.

Panic really has set in around here.

Leetonidas
01-08-2007, 08:24 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
I bet you guys didn't really see Miami as a threat either. Look how that turned out. :lol

exstatic
01-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Funny that SA is aging fast, and PHO is "just fast". Steve Nash is three years older than any of our Big Three. The bad news for PHO is that he's 33 and playing a career high 36 minutes per contest.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2007, 08:26 PM
I can't believe nobody picked up on this.

Panic really has set in around here.I cen't believe you didn't pick up our picking up of this.

lurker
01-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I bet you guys didn't really see Miami as a threat either. Look how that turned out. :lol
:lol I definitely learned not to think anything with the Mavs is a sure thing.

phxspurfan
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
as it exists now, the suns are more dangerous to the mavs than the spurs. the mavs know so much about the spurs that they are more confident in their abilities to stop them. the suns, however, are a young, speedy enigma. none if this fear is substantiated, yet.

TwoHandJam
01-08-2007, 09:47 PM
The Dallas media isn't having any of that, though. They know what it takes to win a championship, and the Spurs no longer make the grade... :toast
:lmao

Sacramental
01-08-2007, 10:03 PM
phoenix is a better team in the regular season.

da_suns_fan__
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Spurs look like they're on their last leg.

Too old and no hunger.

midgetonadonkey
01-08-2007, 10:30 PM

Too old and no hunger.

Great post. You are so witty and clever. I look forward to many more posts from you.

slayermin
01-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I love it. The Spurs flying under the radar.

tlongII
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
If the team is at full strength, Phoenix definitely has the best team of the three.

1. Phoenix
2. Dallas
3. San Antonio

remingtonbo2001
01-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes, the Spurs are horrible....Remind me how many RINGS do Dallas and Pheonix have combined over the past 10 years.....NONE....Oh, I wonder why? Maybe there more concerned with hanging Division and Conference Championship Banners? Whatever floats your boat. The Spurs have begun the season poorely on numerous occassions. You know what happened........WAIT TILL JUNE.....don't believe me go back and analyze the Spurs record throughout the 99', 03', '05 seasons. I believe, even the Mavericks were in first place at some point during the 05' season. According to your statement, the Mavericks should have won in 2005. What about 03'...Why couldn't you guys hack it then? Your team is so great, yet some SLOW ASS white guy beat you......TWICE....haha....Yet, the Mavericks beat us once....one series, which was poorely called, BOTH WAYS....If you honestly think the Mavericks best basketball could beat the Spurs best basketball, you need to go back to school. The Spurs have been doing this a long time, and personally, until the Mavericks can net the big one, your pathetic words are of little value. One good season doesn't count for nothing unless you got that ring baby!!!! Not even 10 great seasons. Why do you suppose Michael Finely came to the Spurs? Enough said, especially when your frachise All-Star guard moves over to your rival. Oh wait, make that two all-star guards (Nash). Wow, I bet players are chompin at the bit to play in Dallas....They would rather come and swim in are disease infested river than to bear a Mavericks uniform...That or live in the desert....Who can blame them? :lol

Marcus Bryant
01-09-2007, 12:02 AM
DFW media knows all about what it takes to win a NBA title in January.

SilverPlayer
01-09-2007, 12:16 AM
It seems like a rock paper scissors arrangement to me. With Dallas and the Spurs being a little better.

Dallas < Lakers
Dallas > Spurs
Dallas > Suns

Spurs > Suns
Spurs >= Lakers

Suns > Lakers

Cry Havoc
01-09-2007, 12:20 AM

Too old and no hunger.

Kinda like the Suns idea of defense?

---

In all seriousness, that's fine. They can think what they want.

But if Manu, Parker, and Duncan are 90%+ and performing at a very high level when the WCF rolls around, Dallas will go down hard if they take the Spurs lightly. It was less than a year ago that they were trying so hard to beat us ONCE. Now they're rolling and we're struggling a bit, so what? It's still the regular season.

I just have a very, very good feeling about this Spurs team. This year. I don't know why.

lefty
01-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Suns are fun to watch though

Sacramental
01-09-2007, 02:56 AM
spurs are much better built for the playoffs then the suns are, thats for sure. but ill tell you what though, i'd much rather watch a phoenix suns game than a spurs game, just my opinion.

gospursgooo
01-09-2007, 03:06 AM
spurs are much better built for the playoffs then the suns are, thats for sure. but ill tell you what though, i'd much rather watch a phoenix suns game than a spurs game, just my opinion.

Hahaha... I am just the opposite. I'd rather watch a Spurs game than a Phoenix Suns game.

JPB
01-09-2007, 03:34 AM
It seems like a rock paper scissors arrangement to me. With Dallas and the Spurs being a little better.

Dallas < Lakers
Dallas > Spurs
Dallas > Suns

Spurs > Suns
Spurs >= Lakers

Suns > Lakers

If Spurs >=Lakers
And Suns > Lakers
then you can't say
Spurs > Suns

Same thing for
Dallas, Suns and Lakers.
Dallas<Lakers, Suns >Lakers but Dallas> Suns ??

you can't use those mathematics with more than two teams or you that's just becoming illogic.

SilverPlayer
01-09-2007, 03:49 AM
If Spurs >=Lakers
And Suns > Lakers
then you can't say
Spurs > Suns

Same thing for
Dallas, Suns and Lakers.

you can't use those mathematics with more than two teams or you that's just becoming illogic.

Have you ever played rock - paper - scissors? I was saying that it's like that. Each team has match-up problems with one of the other teams. Those are who I think would win in a seven game series against each other.

Oh and I didn't include Utah/ Denver because I have no idea how they will preform in the playoffs. You can never predict which player will thrive in that environment or who wilts under the pressure.

mavsfan1000
01-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Have you ever played rock - paper - scissors? I was saying that it's like that. Each team has match-up problems with one of the other teams. Those are who I think would win in a seven game series against each other.

Oh and I didn't include Utah/ Denver because I have no idea how they will preform in the playoffs. You can never predict which player will thrive in that environment or who wilts under the pressure.
You actually think the lakers would beat the mavs in a 7 game series? :lmao

SilverPlayer
01-09-2007, 04:20 AM
You actually think the lakers would beat the mavs in a 7 game series? :lmao

Yeah, pretty easily too. Mainly because of Phil Jackson and the fact that Kobe negates Josh Howard's impact.

mavsfan1000
01-09-2007, 04:42 AM
Yeah, pretty easily too. Mainly because of Phil Jackson and the fact that Kobe negates Josh Howard's impact.
Kobe can't win 4 games for the Lakers maybe 1 or 2 by himself the Los Angeles Kobe's will not be able to beat a powerhouse like Dallas. Lakers barely beat the mavs in LA. I believe that was a letdown game after beating the spurs. Mental and physical fatigue set in. They probably are still tired when they go to Utah. A lot of flying.

SilverPlayer
01-09-2007, 05:00 AM
I could be wrong, but I think a playoff Kobe brings all of the game Wade did against you and draws the foul. If you thought Wade getting calls was bad last year, try Kobe in the playoffs.

Meanwhile Phil is really good at covering big forwards like Duncan and Dirk, and Odom is a good matchup on Dirk. He can body him up enough to cause problems, alot better than Haslem ever did last year.

JPB
01-09-2007, 05:36 AM
If Spurs >=Lakers
And Suns > Lakers
then you can't say
Spurs > Suns

Same thing for
Dallas, Suns and Lakers.

I don't play rock - paper - scissors very often anymore :)
but you precisely can't use <, > or = to compare those 3 choices.
If you wanna talk about match-ups, ok.

I still think when it'll come to playoffs, experience, defense, execution, cohesion will make the difference, and not the fun, run and gun no defense shows.

Suns = 2 starters (Amare and Nash who don't play D) that's ok in the RS but in playoffs...
+ you don't have as many open/easy shots in playoffs, you have to work for everyone of them and since they live and die with their shoots, I'm still dubious.

Spurs vs Mavs in WCF.

Maybe. :)

mavsfan1000
01-09-2007, 06:09 AM
I could be wrong, but I think a playoff Kobe brings all of the game Wade did against you and draws the foul. If you thought Wade getting calls was bad last year, try Kobe in the playoffs.

Meanwhile Phil is really good at covering big forwards like Duncan and Dirk, and Odom is a good matchup on Dirk. He can body him up enough to cause problems, alot better than Haslem ever did last year.
I agree it's a bad matchup for the mavs. Fortunately it comes down to more than 1 or 2 matchups. Kobe can't guard Josh Howard for one and Terry gets to rest on defense against Smush Parker. I would go Dallas in 6 and Kobe doesn't have Shaq anymore so the defensive will be completely on him. Dallas has plenty of bodies this year to put on Kobe. Harris, Buckner, and lastly Josh Howard.