PDA

View Full Version : Ludden: Spurs' home effort too sour for tastes

Kori Ellis
01-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Spurs' home effort too sour for tastes

Web Posted: 01/09/2007 12:03 AM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA010907.01D.spurs.2ff66d8.html

Home, sweet home?

Try telling that to the Spurs. While the AT&T Center was once considered one of the NBA's most intimidating venues to visit, it's become a house of horrors for the local team this season.

The Spurs enter tonight's game against Portland having already lost six times at home, just one less than they did all of last season. Only two seasons ago, they went a franchise-best 38-3 at the since-renamed SBC Center.

The Spurs and, coincidentally, the Trail Blazers, are the only teams with better records on the road than at home.

"You always want to be able to protect your own gym," Manu Ginobili said. "We haven't done that this season."

The Spurs have instead played the role of accommodating hosts, often stopping just short of leaving a mint on their opponent's pillow.

Tired and weary of being on the road? Looking for a relaxing weekend getaway? Visit Casa de Spurs.

More than a few opposing teams have left town satisfied this winter:

Cleveland won in San Antonio for the first time since 1988.

Houston ended a 17-game losing streak here, beating the Spurs on their own floor for the first time since Tim Duncan joined the team.

Dallas swept its two games here for the first time in 11 years.

Milwaukee won in the AT&T Center for the first time.

Charlotte has only three road victories this season, one of which came against the Spurs.

Sacramento, Philadelphia and Memphis erased second-half deficits of 17, 17 and 19 points to throw a scare into the Spurs before losing.

"It used to be teams would say, 'Man, we're in San Antonio. It's tough here,'" Bruce Bowen said. "Now they may say, 'We're down 10, we got a chance.'"

The Spurs are shooting better on the road than at home, but what concerns them more is the discrepancy with their defense. In the team's 17 road games, opponents have shot a combined 43.3 percent.

In the Spurs' 18 games at the AT&T Center? They've watched their opponents shoot 46.8 percent, a number disappointingly high for a team that has built its success on getting stops.

"I think we get comfortable," Michael Finley said. "What I mean by that is we get leads on sub-par teams, and we get into a comfort zone knowing we can still win the game if we just play average. But then when we play a top-caliber team like Dallas ... if you do that against them, they're going to take advantage.

"It bit us in the butt a little bit against Dallas, but I think we've learned from it — hopefully."

The Spurs lost to the Mavericks despite leading by 11 at halftime. A little more than a week earlier, they lost to Milwaukee after leading by 13 with less than five minutes left in the third quarter.

The Spurs have blown double-digit second-half leads in five of their past 11 home games. They won three of those games, but that didn't leave them feeling much better.

The Spurs' worst lost of the season — a 97-78 setback to Houston in which they trailed by 17 at halftime — also came at the AT&T Center.

"When we don't get leads, we get impatient," Ginobili said. "And sometimes when we get leads, we get a little cocky and too overconfident."

Ginobili thinks the Spurs have been "giving life to a lot of teams."

Finley understands, having visited the AT&T Center and Alamodome numerous times as an opposing player.

"You knew when you were coming to San Antonio that you had to play one of your best games," Finley said. "So from a mental standpoint, your whole mindset changes when you come into San Antonio.

"We've been getting some of the teams' better games of the year. But it's not surprising because I know how those teams feel."

Opposing teams began to enjoy more success in San Antonio about the same time the Spurs changed the name on the front of their arena. Under the SBC sign, the Spurs went 135-23 (.854 winning percentage), not including the playoffs. Since the AT&T logo went up, they're 15-9 (.625).

Robert Horry knows of one cosmetic change the Spurs could make to possibly improve their fortune.

"I think," he said, "we need to wear black shoes or our black uniforms at home."

Parker update: The Spurs' starters didn't practice Monday, so Tony Parker will have his right hip strain re-evaluated at this morning's shootaround. Team officials are optimistic he'll be able to play tonight. Parker missed Sunday's victory in Memphis.

spursparker9
01-09-2007, 01:28 AM
lol. change back to SBC center please!

Borosai
01-09-2007, 01:31 AM
They should start selling hard drinks instead of soft drinks at the AT&T Center. Maybe that will help.

sanman53
01-09-2007, 03:15 AM
"You always want to be able to protect your own gym," Manu Ginobili said. "We haven't done that this season."

"It used to be teams would say, 'Man, we're in San Antonio. It's tough here,'" Bruce Bowen said. "Now they may say, 'We're down 10, we got a chance.'"

"I think we get comfortable," Michael Finley said. "What I mean by that is we get leads on sub-par teams, and we get into a comfort zone knowing we can still win the game if we just play average. But then when we play a top-caliber team like Dallas ... if you do that against them, they're going to take advantage.

"It bit us in the butt a little bit against Dallas, but I think we've learned from it — hopefully."

"When we don't get leads, we get impatient," Ginobili said. "And sometimes when we get leads, we get a little cocky and too overconfident."

"I think," he said, "we need to wear black shoes or our black uniforms at home."

Besides the Horry comment, all that seems to be said by the Spurs players is simply the obvious. Are they actually looking for solutions on how to win these games they lose or just complacent they were "in the game" and will "learn from it - hopefully"? At least Horry is trying to think of a solution to win at home. :spin I know it is early in the season, but I really want to see some passion in these guys in the season and not wait until the playoffs. GO SPURS GO! GO SPURS GO! GO SPURS GO! GO SPURS GO! GO SPURS GO!

polandprzem
01-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Talking about mental weakness

No shakeing ups all we need is luck in playoffs right now.

1999 - *
2003 - weak competition
2005 - firts championship 7 game series <--- luck

2007 ?

Kamnik
01-09-2007, 05:45 AM
Talking about mental weakness

No shakeing ups all we need is luck in playoffs right now.

1999 - *
2003 - weak competition
2005 - firts championship 7 game series <--- luck

2007 ?
imo you are a fucking moron

i would simply ban you from the forum if i had the admin rights

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2007, 05:58 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/a8/full.getty-71796926ce012_mavs_spurs_11_41_45_pm.jpg
we can all see this scene again in april...

polandprzem
01-09-2007, 12:01 PM
imo you are a fucking moron

i would simply ban you from the forum if i had the admin rights

Well that is how people sees it.

You know how much Tim Duncans value will drop after he won't win another championship with spurs?

VaSpursFan
01-09-2007, 12:25 PM
You know how much Tim Duncans value will drop after he won't win another championship with spurs?

i'm not sure what you're trying to say/prove...but, this makes no sense to me. tim's value hasn't dropped, most teams would kill to have him on their team.

angel_luv
01-09-2007, 12:27 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/a8/full.getty-71796926ce012_mavs_spurs_11_41_45_pm.jpg

I'm worried about Timmy. Something is not right.

polandprzem
01-09-2007, 12:28 PM
i'm not sure what you're trying to say/prove...but, this makes no sense to me. tim's value hasn't dropped, most teams would kill to have him on their team.

All what you need to know is that TD must to win another here to leave no doubts.

Best PF all time

VaSpursFan
01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
All what you need to know is that TD must to win another here to leave no doubts.

Best PF all time

he's got 3 more rings than malone who was a damned good PF. tim's legacy to the game of b-ball is fine, there is no doubt that he is one of the best, if not the best to play his position. another title would be great, but it's not needed to strengthen his accomplishments.

angel_luv
01-09-2007, 12:41 PM
he's got 3 more rings than malone who was a damned good PF. tim's legacy to the game of b-ball is fine, there is no doubt that he is one of the best, if not the best to play his position. another title would be great, but it's not needed to strengthen his accomplishments.

Word.

People could stand to have a little more faith and show more loyalty.

No one could ever be more upset about Timmy not playing up to par than Timmy.

The team will pull through. Believe. :)

~Sweetmelody~
01-09-2007, 12:52 PM

*Shakes head*

Who the Hell cares how other "people see it"
The important thing is for "Spurs Fans" not to believe this shit! I can't believe I am reading this shit!
:pctoss

*Breathes*

mabber
01-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Spurs' home effort too sour for tastes

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA010907.01D.spurs.2ff66d8.html

Home, sweet home?

Try telling that to the Spurs. While the AT&T Center was once considered one of the NBA's most intimidating venues to visit, it's become a house of horrors for the local team this season.

The Spurs enter tonight's game against Portland having already lost six times at home, just one less than they did all of last season. Only two seasons ago, they went a franchise-best 38-3 at the since-renamed SBC Center.

The Spurs and, coincidentally, the Trail Blazers, are the only teams with better records on the road than at home.

The Spurs have instead played the role of accommodating hosts, often stopping just short of leaving a mint on their opponent's pillow.

Tired and weary of being on the road? Looking for a relaxing weekend getaway? Visit Casa de Spurs.

Houston ended a 17-game losing streak here, beating the Spurs on their own floor for the first time since Tim Duncan joined the team.

Charlotte has only three road victories this season, one of which came against the Spurs.

Sacramento, Philadelphia and Memphis erased second-half deficits of 17, 17 and 19 points to throw a scare into the Spurs before losing.

The Spurs are shooting better on the road than at home, but what concerns them more is the discrepancy with their defense. In the team's 17 road games, opponents have shot a combined 43.3 percent.

In the Spurs' 18 games at the AT&T Center? They've watched their opponents shoot 46.8 percent, a number disappointingly high for a team that has built its success on getting stops.

The Spurs lost to the Mavericks despite leading by 11 at halftime. A little more than a week earlier, they lost to Milwaukee after leading by 13 with less than five minutes left in the third quarter.

The Spurs have blown double-digit second-half leads in five of their past 11 home games. They won three of those games, but that didn't leave them feeling much better.

The Spurs' worst lost of the season — a 97-78 setback to Houston in which they trailed by 17 at halftime — also came at the AT&T Center.

Finley understands, having visited the AT&T Center and Alamodome numerous times as an opposing player.

"You knew when you were coming to San Antonio that you had to play one of your best games," Finley said. "So from a mental standpoint, your whole mindset changes when you come into San Antonio.

"We've been getting some of the teams' better games of the year. But it's not surprising because I know how those teams feel."

Opposing teams began to enjoy more success in San Antonio about the same time the Spurs changed the name on the front of their arena. Under the SBC sign, the Spurs went 135-23 (.854 winning percentage), not including the playoffs. Since the AT&T logo went up, they're 15-9 (.625).

Robert Horry knows of one cosmetic change the Spurs could make to possibly improve their fortune.

Parker update: The Spurs' starters didn't practice Monday, so Tony Parker will have his right hip strain re-evaluated at this morning's shootaround. Team officials are optimistic he'll be able to play tonight. Parker missed Sunday's victory in Memphis.

Make a wide open 3 pointer and then win in OT last Friday and this article probably wouldn't have been written.

VaSpursFan
01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Make a wide open 3 pointer and then win in OT last Friday and this article probably wouldn't have been written.

true...but this article should have be written well before the Dallas loss.

mabber
01-09-2007, 01:26 PM
true...but this article should have be written well before the Dallas loss.

You're probably right.

I think the Spurs and Mavs are very similar in that they play better on the road (even in the playoffs). While having a great homecourt advantage is a good thing I'd rather have the confidence to win on the road in the regular season and playoffs that both the Spurs & Mavs have.

VaSpursFan
01-09-2007, 01:29 PM
You're probably right.

I think the Spurs and Mavs are very similar in that they play better on the road (even in the playoffs). While having a great homecourt advantage is a good thing I'd rather have the confidence to win on the road in the regular season and playoffs that both the Spurs & Mavs have.

agree...that confidence to win on the road is needed come playoff time. but, you want to couple that with a great homecourt record, just to make teams think that it's impossible to win on your court. it's a good psychological advantage to have.

mabber
01-09-2007, 01:46 PM
agree...that confidence to win on the road is needed come playoff time. but, you want to couple that with a great homecourt record, just to make teams think that it's impossible to win on your court. it's a good psychological advantage to have.

Yeah, I agree.

The Jazz appear to have that homecourt advantage going for them this season. It will be interesting to see how Dallas handles that tonight. They didn't handle it very well last month. I'm guessing that they will play a good game tonight after getting blown out in Utah last month and losing to the Lakers a couple of nights ago...but who knows.

tlongII
01-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Brandon Roy

mabber
01-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Brandon Roy

I'll be at the Blazer/Mav game tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to seeing Roy play.

polandprzem
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM

No need to strenghten his accomplishments?

Are you serious?

As far as I know basketball is a sport and in sport you have to prove something to somebody every day, every year.

That is so simple that I do not need to explain it.

mabber
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM

Are you serious?!?!?!

Duncan's value won't drop a bit if the Spurs don't win another title with him!

polandprzem
01-09-2007, 02:40 PM
[/B]

Are you serious?!?!?!

Duncan's value won't drop a bit if the Spurs don't win another title with him!

Are you serious?

MoSpur
01-09-2007, 02:45 PM

I'm worried about Timmy. Something is not right.

I hate that picture. The dude should have taken over the game that night and he didn't. He whines too much at times and waits to get bailed out by the refs too much at times as well.

That's why I have so much respect for Kobe. There have been so many times when the Lakers were down and Kobe took it upon himself to bring them back. At times it back fires, but at least he goes all out. I don't see this from Duncan like I use to.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Are you serious?

As far as I know basketball is a sport and in sport you have to prove something to somebody every day, every year.

Shows that you still don't know shit. So then By your logic when Jordan came back he fucked up his legacy as a basketball player because he didn't win any championships?

mabber
01-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I hate that picture. The dude should have taken over the game that night and he didn't. He whines too much at times and waits to get bailed out by the refs too much at times as well.

That's why I have so much respect for Kobe. There have been so many times when the Lakers were down and Kobe took it upon himself to bring them back. At times it back fires, but at least he goes all out. I don't see this from Duncan like I use to.

Hard to compare Duncan with Kobe as Kobe can handle the ball out in open space where he can more easily take over a game. Duncan has to depend more on his teammates to get him the ball. If you can't dribble effectively you'll always be harder pressed to take a game over. Of course, he could be more selfish and shoot more once he gets the ball late in games but it's not like with Kobe who can create off the dribble.

mabber
01-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Shows that you still don't know shit. So then By your logic when Jordan came back he fucked up his legacy as a basketball player because he didn't win any championships?

Exactly, once you've played a long time in the league and won multiple titles you're legacy has been established and it might not get any better but it certainly is not going to diminish.

polandprzem
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
THE SIXTH man

By my logic?

You are compearing Tim to MJ?
From the legacy stand point?

GMAB - Jordan did what he did and he retired so what he wanted to play some basketball in NBA? he career was over by that time.

Tim has some years ahead of him plus his accomplishemnts are not stable (unquestioned) as was MJ's.

Btw - I dare to chalange you to a basketball blog (fight) or whatever it was called. :D

MoSpur
01-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Hard to compare Duncan with Kobe as Kobe can handle the ball out in open space where he can more easily take over a game. Duncan has to depend more on his teammates to get him the ball. If you can't dribble effectively you'll always be harder pressed to take a game over. Of course, he could be more selfish and shoot more once he gets the ball late in games but it's not like with Kobe who can create off the dribble.

True, but we've seen Duncan take over games before in the past. We've seen him get the ball and take to his defender in the past. We hardly see that now. I don't understand why. He has Tony Parker and Manu now to help him out, but Duncan is the Spurs MVP by all standards. He is the go to guy. At least he should be in my opinion. The go to guy should take over and will his team to a victory and we just don't see that anymore from Duncan.

mabber
01-09-2007, 05:35 PM
True, but we've seen Duncan take over games before in the past. We've seen him get the ball and take to his defender in the past. We hardly see that now. I don't understand why. He has Tony Parker and Manu now to help him out, but Duncan is the Spurs MVP by all standards. He is the go to guy. At least he should be in my opinion. The go to guy should take over and will his team to a victory and we just don't see that anymore from Duncan.

He certainly took over the games in the playoff series vs. Dallas last season. He was awesome! The Mavs had no answer and were lucky to win. Duncan just looked exhausted in that 7th game OT. Plus, Diop did a fairly decent job on him in that OT.

leemajors
01-09-2007, 05:38 PM

TD is easy to frustrate and get out of his rhythm, and the team has other options now. if you get physical and change the timing of doubles duncan seems unable or willing to adjust in the last couple of years, going into throw up trash and try to get a call mode, which works great since he is a shitty ft shooter.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-09-2007, 11:37 PM
THE SIXTH man

By my logic?

You are compearing Tim to MJ?
From the legacy stand point?

GMAB - Jordan did what he did and he retired so what he wanted to play some basketball in NBA? he career was over by that time.

Tim has some years ahead of him plus his accomplishemnts are not stable (unquestioned) as was MJ's.
I'm not surprised that a mav fan understands what you cant. I don't know if your trying to put a spin on my post, or your just stupid enough to not comprehend what you read. I'm not comparing MJ to TD in any way. I was going by your logic to show how stupid you are by the things you post. This is what you said.

This is why I made the comparison to MJ, because in his last years he didn't win anything. Again this is your logic. Everybody is going to look back on MJ's career and remember all his accomplishments. Duncan can go on and not win anything from this point. And he'll always be arguably the best power forward to play the game. Hes earned what hes earned and you cant take anything away from that because that was then and this is now. But hey scrubs like you will always try to discredit the franchise player and whats hes done for the team. Tim is not having a good stretch right now, so get on him for that. But to say that what he does now will affect his legacy is pretty fucking stupid.

Btw - I dare to chalange you to a basketball blog (fight) or whatever it was called. :D
:lol You actually me made me laugh out loud with this. Fact of the matter is your a joke on this forum. I take every one of your posts with a big fucking grain of salt. Start posting with intelligence and maybe Ill consider a "battle blog" with you. :wakeup

T Park
01-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Hes foreign, give the guy a break.

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:49 AM
They should start selling hard drinks instead of soft drinks at the AT&T Center. Maybe that will help.

haha, that sig pic of the mavs is hilarious, especially avery

polandprzem
01-10-2007, 03:48 AM
I'm not surprised that a mav fan understands what you cant. I don't know if your trying to put a spin on my post, or your just stupid enough to not comprehend what you read. I'm not comparing MJ to TD in any way. I was going by your logic to show how stupid you are by the things you post. This is what you said.

This is why I made the comparison to MJ, because in his last years he didn't win anything. Again this is your logic. Everybody is going to look back on MJ's career and remember all his accomplishments. Duncan can go on and not win anything from this point. And he'll always be arguably the best power forward to play the game. Hes earned what hes earned and you cant take anything away from that because that was then and this is now. But hey scrubs like you will always try to discredit the franchise player and whats hes done for the team. Tim is not having a good stretch right now, so get on him for that. But to say that what he does now will affect his legacy is pretty fucking stupid.

:lol You actually me made me laugh out loud with this. Fact of the matter is your a joke on this forum. I take every one of your posts with a big fucking grain of salt. Start posting with intelligence and maybe Ill consider a "battle blog" with you. :wakeup

All you can do is call me names?

I make you laugh, oh I'm glad.

In sports you have to prove to everybody something every day every year. Yes!
More important in MJ comeback was proving something to himself and he came also for the love to the game. That is one thing.

The Jordans legacy was proven a long time before in 1998 there were no doubts as I assume.

As for Duncan.
Yup he have got many accomplishments and nobody will question it (although you can hear voices about the asterisk and weak NJ in 2003 in the Finals).
That's why my point was that Duncan still need something (title) to 'lock himself' on a position where most claiming he is now.

I do not give a damn about the slumps cause I can see the big picture.

An by my logic? What's by my logic?

Once again IMO Duncan needs to prove more then you think. He need not just to make me happy but in many people (fans) eyes his career is still not what you can consider the best career by a PF.

And there is another thing - still I hear the voices that TD doesn't want to play C position cause he couldn't handle it.
That's what I hear. I'm not sitting just on SA forum and have quarells with everybody and I need to deal only with spurs lovers or haters or trolls.

We can disscus Tim Duncan.

Kori Ellis
01-10-2007, 03:50 AM
It would be nice if Tim wins a couple more championships. But he's already a lock for the HOF and his legacy is established.

polandprzem
01-10-2007, 04:22 AM
It would be nice if Tim wins a couple more championships. But he's already a lock for the HOF and his legacy is established.

He is HOF and one of the best all time. No one questioning that.

But there are still few players that he deserves to be ahead by "normal NBA fan standart".

btw . If his legacy is established so why play more?
Why not Tim go retire?

Kori Ellis
01-10-2007, 04:40 AM
btw . If his legacy is established so why play more?
Why not Tim go retire?

Because he loves playing basketball and he's still physically capable of doing so. :lol

Kori Ellis
01-10-2007, 04:42 AM
But there are still few players that he deserves to be ahead by "normal NBA fan standart".

I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly. But if you ask most NBA fans (and analysts) right now, they'll say he's one of the best PF's of all-time. If he plays five more years and wins more championships (or not), most will still say he's one of the best PF's of all-time.

polandprzem
01-10-2007, 04:51 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly. But if you ask most NBA fans (and analysts) right now, they'll say he's one of the best PF's of all-time. If he plays five more years and wins more championships (or not), most will still say he's one of the best PF's of all-time.

Nope.

Then most will say he is the best PF all time

A short list

malone
pettit

then you have centers in comparable court job to do

malone
hakeem

maybe I missed someone
Still there is Bird, baylor, Barry, Dr J, barkley who you can add to this list.

All I need is more ppl saying Tim best PF all time and top10 ever

If I missed someone - please add

polandprzem
01-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Because he loves playing basketball and he's still physically capable of doing so. :lol

I love playing basketball but my legacy is still not where it should be :dramaquee

mabber
01-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Nope.

Then most will say he is the best PF all time

A short list

malone
pettit

then you have centers in comparable court job to do

malone
hakeem

maybe I missed someone
Still there is Bird, baylor, Barry, Dr J, barkley who you can add to this list.

All I need is more ppl saying Tim best PF all time and top10 ever

If I missed someone - please add

Bird is #1 if you consider him a power forward. He played the small forward position with the Celtics all those years though (Parish at center and McHale at power forward). Baylor & Dr. J are definitely small forwards. If by Barry, you mean Rick Barry...I'm not even sure why you're including him in the conversation as he was a guard and shouldn't be considered near the top of any position he played.

polandprzem
01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I know that they were playing SF
I was talking best all time players - as for Forwards these are the best you could add Havlicek also (as he was playing G and F)

SenorSpur
01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Kori Ellis]Spurs' home effort too sour for tastes

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

Home, sweet home?

QUOTE]

Personally, I think the Spurs started giving life to teams when the lost to the Mavs in last season's WCSF series. That's when it started.

ambchang
01-10-2007, 12:43 PM

Are you serious?

Did you see Jordan as a Wizard?
Magic coming out of retirement?
Isiah as a coach?
Kareem in his 40's?
Wilt as the rebounder/passer?
Bird with a bad back?
McHale with one leg?
Didn't really affect their legacy now did it?

ambchang
01-10-2007, 01:01 PM
All you can do is call me names?

I make you laugh, oh I'm glad.

In sports you have to prove to everybody something every day every year. Yes!
More important in MJ comeback was proving something to himself and he came also for the love to the game. That is one thing.

Excuse me for jumping into this, but it really bothers me that a Spurs fan can actually go out and discredit Duncan's accomplishments because he wants Duncan to please some fan who knows little about the history of the game.

The Jordans legacy was proven a long time before in 1998 there were no doubts as I assume.

And yes, so is Duncan's legacy. What? 3 time Finals MVP is not enough? How about 2 MVPs? One all-star MVP? ROY? 8 consecutive All-NBA first teams? 6 All-defensive 1st teams? 1 all-nba 2nd team? Another 2 all-defense 2nd teams?

As for Duncan.
Yup he have got many accomplishments and nobody will question it (although you can hear voices about the asterisk and weak NJ in 2003 in the Finals).
That's why my point was that Duncan still need something (title) to 'lock himself' on a position where most claiming he is now.

I never understood the concept of inferiority complex until I have seen you. So in 2003, convincingly defeating the 3-time champions Lakers is not enough? The Spurs forced the Lakers to blow things up that off-season (Malone, Payton), and look at what happened to them now?
Ladeda a, the Lakers beat Philly (one man team), Pacers and Nets in their 3 years, damn, those are some weak teams, let's go out and call Shaq a knob!

Who cares what aobut those other people think? For people who watch basketball before 1995, Jordan is not the definitive #1 in basketball, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Magic, the Big-O and Bird can all lay claim to that with arguments for and against it.

I do not give a damn about the slumps cause I can see the big picture.

An by my logic? What's by my logic?

Once again IMO Duncan needs to prove more then you think. He need not just to make me happy but in many people (fans) eyes his career is still not what you can consider the best career by a PF.

And there is another thing - still I hear the voices that TD doesn't want to play C position cause he couldn't handle it.
That's what I hear. I'm not sitting just on SA forum and have quarells with everybody and I need to deal only with spurs lovers or haters or trolls.

We can disscus Tim Duncan.
I hear voices Shaq can't play PF because he can't handle it, you know why? Because he is one of the best Cs to ever play the game, that's why. Learn that basketball have positions, and Jordan can't play PF either.

polandprzem
01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
ambchang - what you posted is almost same I posted to others who were questioning Duncan being best PF all time.

And maybe a little misunderstunding take place - I do not want to please other fans.
Duncan did what he did, but he is 30 yrs old and still he must prove more. It is not like he can lay down and wait for the HOF selection.

IMO he needs to do one more step.
And it is not about the fans but bout the experts to look at Tim as the best PF all time.
excample - Rosen who I assume thinks Mchale was even better then Tim and dave was behind Thurmond.

Btw - all those GOAT talking and who is the best realy doesn't matter ... :)

VaSpursFan
01-10-2007, 02:26 PM
ambchang - what you posted is almost same I posted to others who were questioning Duncan being best PF all time.

And maybe a little misunderstunding take place - I do not want to please other fans.
Duncan did what he did, but he is 30 yrs old and still he must prove more. It is not like he can lay down and wait for the HOF selection.

IMO he needs to do one more step.
And it is not about the fans but bout the experts to look at Tim as the best PF all time.
excample - Rosen who I assume thinks Mchale was even better then Tim and dave was behind Thurmond.

Btw - all those GOAT talking and who is the best realy doesn't matter ... :)

are you kidding me??? duncan's a lock for the HOF. there are people with less impressive credentials in there. he's a no brainer and will be inducted on his first ballot. i agree that timmy needs to continue on his journey to being the best player he can be but to say that he needs to do more to improve his HOF chances, is ridiculous.

mabber
01-10-2007, 02:32 PM
are you kidding me??? duncan's a lock for the HOF. there are people with less impressive credentials in there. he's a no brainer and will be inducted on his first ballot. i agree that timmy needs to continue on his journey to being the best player he can be but to say that he needs to do more to improve his HOF chances, is ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more!

polandprzem
01-10-2007, 02:37 PM

Fucky Fuck fuck

Are reading carefully my dear friend?

Nothing but disses in here :depressed

ambchang
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Fucky Fuck fuck

Are reading carefully my dear friend?

Nothing but disses in here :depressed
I actually read the same as VaSpursFan. So what are you trying to point out? That Duncan can still add to his greatness by winning more championships? Yeah, sure, why not? Just that you are making him sound like he is not trying to win more championships.

stretch
01-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Duncan is an amazing player. he is UNQUESTIONABLY the greatest PF of all time.

polandprzem
01-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I actually read the same as VaSpursFan. So what are you trying to point out? That Duncan can still add to his greatness by winning more championships? Yeah, sure, why not? Just that you are making him sound like he is not trying to win more championships.

I am not

Good nighty to you all and let the spurs win

aha - after last game Tim said that they are not where they want to be. That is what I wanted to hear and I hope they will prove to words in the court