PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets Are Pretty Damn Good...

SKINNYPIMP210
01-09-2007, 11:06 AM
...i Know We All Have Dallas In Our Mind When We Think Of The Playoffs But The Rockets Kicked Our Asses Not Too Long Ago And They Are Playing Great Defense. Is Anyone Else Worried About Them???

boutons_
01-09-2007, 11:17 AM
To his credit, Jeff is doing a great job of salvaging a season.

We'll see if Spurs can do the same as Rockets on Jan 15th.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM
The rockets without one of their main guys can still notch up a win, same thing cant be said about the spurs :( we suck

Bruno
01-09-2007, 11:49 AM
People who summarize the WCF to Mavs, Suns and Spurs will have a surprise.
Nuggets, Rockets and Lakers are really good and can beat Mavs, Suns or Spurs in a 7 games serie if they matchup well against them.

CubanMustGo
01-09-2007, 11:50 AM
i'm Worried More About People Who Capitalize Almost Every Danged Word. :p:

SKINNYPIMP210
01-09-2007, 11:59 AM
i'm Worried More About People Who Capitalize Almost Every Danged Word. :p:

LOL! I ALWAYS WRITE WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON BECAUSE OF MY OLD JOB. IT'S MUCH EASIER! :spin

OH YEAH THE LAKERS AINT NO JOKE EITHER! THEY ARE PLAYING REAL GOOD AS A UNIT. :(

boutons_
01-09-2007, 12:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?season=2007&group=conference&seasontype=2

Looking at today's WC seedings, I think the 8 WC playoff teams are set.

Very probably Spurs vs Lakers in first round, since I don't think the Spurs can catch the Mavs, nor can the Lakers can't catch the Suns, nor do I think the Rockets can finish above the Lakers or Spurs (Yao still out, Tracy's back will cramp again).

It going to be a very, very tough WC playoffs, with 1 or maybe 2 lower seeds prevailing over higher seeds. If the Nuggets + Iverson gel, they are the most likely to upset somebody in the playoffs.

mabber
01-09-2007, 12:20 PM
The Rockets and the Lakers will be very tough series for anyone. Regardless, whichever team comes out of the west is going to have earned it. It will be a war!

Borosai
01-09-2007, 01:19 PM
The Rockets actually play defense. Go figure.

mabber
01-09-2007, 01:29 PM
The Rockets actually play defense. Go figure.

And TMac actually plays D on Dirk as well as anyone in the league in my opinion. I realize he won't cover him most of the time cuz they don't want to wear him out but they definitely put him on Dirk in key situations. The Rockets are a very tough matchup for Dallas if both TMac & Yao are healthy.

bdictjames
01-09-2007, 02:25 PM
No, they're pretty much weak when they're on the road. Unless Yao comes back, they would be playing .500 ball soon.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
No, they're pretty much weak when they're on the road. Unless Yao comes back, they would be playing .500 ball soon.

I guess they were a weak road team when they kicked the Spurs asses by 19 points WITHOUT T-MAC!

itzsoweezee
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
t-mac is balling right now. yao was balling before he got injured. if they can play at that level together (that's a big 'if'), they one of the top teams in the league.