PDA

View Full Version : Magliore

GayForManu
01-09-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm sure there has been much talk about Magliore on this site, but I think we should really make a move for this guy. Not sure how the Blazers would like this package, but I propose:

Barry/Butler/Beno for Magliore/Udoka

Magliore can be a 10/10 guy if he starts, Udoka is coming in to his own and if he is just a flash in the pan, his contract expires at the end of the year, as does Magloire's. Basically, we move the 2008 plan up to 2007 getting rid of 3 contracts in exchange for two expiring ones.

The Blazers get a young big man that the league is giving praise to still because he has not played significant minutes yet to give them a reason to think he sucks. The get some veteran leadership in Barry and decent back up in Beno to Jarrett Jack.

Already rumors of a three team deal involving Atl and and Was, just cut out Was.

ATL gets Beno/Barry/Butler
SAS gets Magliore/Udoka
POR gets Estaban Batista/Lorenzen Wright/Salim Stoudamire

Pull the trigger

If we need to sweeten the deal throw in Chicago's 2nd round pick that we'll get.

We still will have a 1st rounder and 2 2nd rounders for what is being called a very deep draft. We win the 'ship this year and rebuild next, a year ahead of schedule.

T Park
01-09-2007, 02:35 PM
No way.

Magloire does nothing for this team.

Hes an overweight center who can't play defense, nor is athletic enough to keep up with teams like Dallas and Phoenix.

Horrible idea.

bdictjames
01-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Maybe Finley or Beno for Udoka. If only the salaries would match.

AFBlue
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't know about giving up Butler, but I don't see how Portland would want anything other than a young, developmental player.

GayForManu
01-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I understand your point T Park, but I think Magloire/Udoka is a better option than Maggette. This way we drop some contracts and get some expiring contracts. With our team now, we have a better chance of winning a championship with the Muppet Babies in the game. Make some moves and start rebuilding next year.

samikeyp
01-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Make some moves and start rebuilding next year.

So give up in January?

Kori Ellis
01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't like Magloire. But it's just funny that rebounds as much/more than Elson or Oberto.

ashbeeigh
01-09-2007, 03:06 PM
While I was listening to my daily podcast of the Basketball Jones (highly recomended, btw) There was a mention of

A three-team deal involving the Hawks, Portland and Washington. How does this one grab you. The Blazers send Jamaal Magloire to Washington, the Wizards send Brendan Haywood and Jarvis Hayes to the Hawks and the Hawks send Salim Stoudamire, Esteban Batista and Lorenzen Wright to the Blazers.

Just FYI, and probably more NBA news then Spurs news. Perhaps, Magloire is out of the question. But go ahead. Keep talking about it.

Kori Ellis
01-09-2007, 03:07 PM
As to the question, Portland won't want Barry/Beno's contracts even though they aren't long, they are trying to get money off their books this summer.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2007, 03:08 PM
He's playing pretty badly this season. If I really wanted to dump a contract I'd consider him, but it's not a championship move.

Bob Lanier
01-09-2007, 03:09 PM
a) ... sucks.

b) ... has always sucked.

c) ... - damn, am I glad he's not on my team.

d) ... was once an all-star for some reason.

He is a good rebounder and an okay post defender, but (near lack of) mobility and (complete lack of) offense make him just a poor man's Brendan Haywood.

Mixability
01-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Gay for Manu?

WTF

tlongII
01-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Take Magloire. Please.

exstatic
01-09-2007, 07:47 PM
There's a reason that Portland is the third team in three seasons to no longer desire his services: he sucks and isn't motivated or in shape. It a classic case of a 7 footer collecting a paycheck. He also in no way helps us against Dallas.

Marcus Bryant
01-09-2007, 08:01 PM
We're trying to get better, heh.

tlongII
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
What a shitty call on Webster's block of Duncan!

dave
01-10-2007, 12:40 AM
whats surprising was during the allstar game, he had 19points, behind only shaqs 24 and kobes 20

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2007, 02:51 AM
magloire is overrated, but if he decides to come here he should gettin sumwhere around half the MLE....