PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Fixing to win again!!

Dirk Nowitzki
01-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Down by 8 at halftime but they are coming back! Just an early hangover loss to the Lakers. Be prepared to be amazed at the poise and heart of this team!

mabber
01-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Down by 8 at halftime but they are coming back! Just an early hangover loss to the Lakers. Be prepared to be amazed at the poise and heart of this team!

Hope you're right but not that optimistic. Utah will be a tough team to overcome in their building. Especially the way the Mavs are playing.

Leetonidas
01-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Do you always have to do this?

Dirk Nowitzki
01-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Do you always have to do this?

Well its in the NBA forum and there has yet to be a game thread on the best team in the league for tonights game. :spin

Leetonidas
01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Well its in the NBA forum and there has yet to be a game thread on the best team in the league for tonights game. :spin
Well why didn't you just make a thread at the beginning of the game? It just seems like you always make this kind of topic if the Mavs are losing at the half.

Crookshanks
01-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Well, the Mavs are down by 5 right now - but that's nothing. C'mon Jazz!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I hope the Spurs can learn from this UTA-DAL game, even if dallas goes on to win

theroc5
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
i hate the jazz and the mavs but mavs have more wins so GO JAZZ

FlyHigh07
01-09-2007, 11:02 PM
i hate the jazz and the mavs but mavs have more wins so GO JAZZ

Yeaaa boiiiiii.

mabber
01-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Avery will have those boys practicing their zone defense on Thursday-lol You can tell the Mavs haven't played much zone defense lately as they have really sucked at it tonight.

slayermin
01-09-2007, 11:04 PM
I hope the Spurs can learn from this UTA-DAL game, even if dallas goes on to win

Yeah, AK47 is an awesome three. Wish we had someone like him.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Down by 8 at halftime but they are coming back! Just an early hangover loss to the Lakers. Be prepared to be amazed at the poise and heart of this team!wow. you're such a raving jackass.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Well its in the NBA forum and there has yet to be a game thread on the best team in the league for tonights game. :spinthere should be a thread just on your BOLD predictions. now go play one last game on your PS3 and rub one out before mommy tells you to go to bed. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

Amare_32
01-09-2007, 11:09 PM
:lol
there should be a thread just on your BOLD predictions. now go play one last game on your PS3 and rub one out before mommy tells you to go to bed. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

:lol
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer (http://herbalairevaporizer.com/)
________
Pattaya apartments for sale (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Good win Mavs........... The jazz are now 12-10 after their 12-1 start, gee what a suprise

:smokin

dirk4mvp
01-09-2007, 11:46 PM
:elephant

mavsfan1000
01-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Mavs win. Hell yeah. Not an easy win in Utah. The mavs came out 2-1 on this tough road trip.

FlyHigh07
01-09-2007, 11:50 PM
You all just keep celebrating.

dirk4mvp
01-09-2007, 11:51 PM
You all just keep celebrating.

We will. Anything to celebrate about regarding the bulls?

timvp
01-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Got some nice bail out calls there at the end. The Mavs winning from the free throw line?

That's a first.

ponky
01-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Good win Mavs........... The jazz are now 12-10 after their 12-1 start, gee what a suprise

thanks, now get it done tomorrow against the spurs...JR Smith back in the lineup again and the Spurs will be on the second game of a BTB!!!

way to call it Dirk!

dirk4mvp
01-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Got some nice bail out calls there at the end. The Mavs winning from the free throw line?

:cry

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:00 AM

That's a first.

you are fucking kidding right? did you watch the ENTIRE game? you wouldn't even be talking shit about the officiating if you had, fucking dipshit

mavs>spurs2
01-10-2007, 12:01 AM

That's a first.

What a douche. I thought spur fans said only mav fans cry about the officiating.

timvp
01-10-2007, 12:02 AM
you are fucking kidding right? did you watch the ENTIRE game? you wouldn't even be talking shit about the officiating if you had, fucking dipshit

:cry

Greg Oden
nice game mavs. looks like i won't be playing for you all next year.

timvp
What a douche. I thought spur fans said only mav fans cry about the officiating.

I said it was a first. You Mav fans are the ones reading into it.

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:03 AM

what's hilarious is that THIS was not the game to use as an example for the fucked up argument timvp was attempting to make....i laughed out loud when i read his post, fucking priceless bullshit

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:04 AM
I said it was a first. You Mav fans are the ones reading into it.

if that's what you think falls for witticism you must be one of my fellow law students :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes fucking lame

timvp
01-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Mav Fan is so sensitive it's amazing. Dirk got bailed out after a flop when Boozer stripped him. Devin Harris got to the line when there was minimal body contact.

I'm the one that said the Spurs got the upperhand in the calls in the Mavs contest. But for these Mavs fans who started watching basketball in 2004, they can't admit when they win games from the free throw line.

timvp
what's hilarious is that THIS was not the game to use as an example for the fucked up argument timvp was attempting to make....i laughed out loud when i read his post, fucking priceless bullshit

:madrun :madrun :madrun

Mav Fan is priceless.

ponky
the jazz org have some fucked up names they use...they call Giricek "Gira" pronounced "gear-uh" and they have some commentator named "Booner"

and what's with that nasty ass mass of zit flesh sprouting from boozer's forehead, ugh

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Mav Fan is so sensitive it's amazing. Dirk got bailed out after a flop when Boozer stripped him. Devin Harris got to the line when there was minimal body contact.

I'm the one that said the Spurs got the upperhand in the calls in the Mavs contest. But for these Mavs fans who started watching basketball in 2004, they can't admit when they win games from the free throw line.

I'll ask you again, did you watch the entire game?

timvp
01-10-2007, 12:07 AM
the jazz org have some fucked up names they use...they call Giricek "Gira" pronounced "gear-uh" and they have some commentator named "Booner"

Witticism at its finest.

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Witticism at its finest.

Answer the question please.

timvp
01-10-2007, 12:09 AM
I'll ask you again, did you watch the entire game?

I watched most of the second half.

Are you telling me the game wasn't won at the line? Did you watch it?

FlyHigh07
01-10-2007, 12:12 AM
We will. Anything to celebrate about regarding the bulls?

Sure is. Why fucking not.

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:14 AM

Of course I watched it, I watch ALL the games. Anyway, watch the first half and get back to me. I suspected by your first comment that you hadn't watched the entire game, no need to discuss the officiating if you haven't even watched a game in its entirety. Just because a team gets a more calls in the fourth doesn't mean that they didn't get raped the rest of the game with the officiating. I could care less, my bf was bitching about the officiating and I told him that by the end of the game the calls would be within five of each other, and they were...jazz 40, mavs 35. Also, check out Stack's flagrant (ejection) and explain to me why that wasn't a bailout for the Jazz.

anonymous coward
:clap

legit win.
_irk amaze me more each game, i think no one will catch him in the mvp race this year.

ponky
Sure is. Why fucking not.

Bulls are getting it together and playing well, nice to see another team from the East starting to play well.

FlyHigh07
01-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Bulls are getting it together and playing well, nice to see another team from the East starting to play well.

Yeah, its about time they got it together. :elephant Mavs and Bulls for the finals?

Greg Oden
01-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah, its about time they got it together. :elephant Mavs and Bulls for the finals?

nope. if i don't go to the kings this summer, I'm definately coming to Chi-town

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:18 AM

Sure, why not?!?!?!?! That would be fun to watch.

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:20 AM
nope. if i don't go to the kings this summer, I'm definately coming to Chi-town

you belong in portland or indiana, pick one

http://www.deadspin.com/images/2006/04/gregoden.jpg

timvp
01-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Of course I watched it, I watch ALL the games. Anyway, watch the first half and get back to me. I suspected by your first comment that you hadn't watched the entire game, no need to discuss the officiating if you haven't even watched a game in its entirety. Just because a team gets a more calls in the fourth doesn't mean that they didn't get raped the rest of the game with the officiating.

Fourth quarters are where games are won. There are rarely games that are horribly called in one team's favor the whole game (like Games 3 and 4 of last year's WCSF). It's always best to get calls late in games. And these Mavs are great at that.

I could care less, my bf was bitching about the officiating and I told him that by the end of the game the calls would be within five of each other, and they were...jazz 40, mavs 35.

Damn, it must be nice being a Mavs fan. If the Spurs could always count on the refs evening things up, they'd be going for championship number 5 this year.

Greg Oden
01-10-2007, 12:24 AM
you belong in portland or indiana, pick one

http://www.deadspin.com/images/2006/04/gregoden.jpg

Stern promised me i could go to any team i want to.

slayermin
01-10-2007, 12:24 AM
What I don't get is why Sloan didn't use Kirilenko on Nowitzki. It's not like he has any low post game to speak of.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-10-2007, 12:30 AM
What I don't get is why Sloan didn't use Kirilenko on Nowitzki. It's not like he has any low post game to speak of.

AK47 sucks and belongs on the shelf

mavsfan1000
01-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Kirilenko is Utah's best help defender. Dirk would take that away which allows everyone else to get better looks. Without Kirilenko Utah's defense is very weak.

slayermin
01-10-2007, 12:33 AM
AK47 sucks and belongs on the shelf

He's the perfect anti-Nowitzki. I think he matches up very well with Dirk.

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Fourth quarters are where games are won. There are rarely games that are horribly called in one team's favor the whole game (like Games 3 and 4 of last year's WCSF). It's always best to get calls late in games. And these Mavs are great at that.

Damn, it must be nice being a Mavs fan. If the Spurs could always count on the refs evening things up, they'd be going for championship number 5 this year.

So this explains why we lost to the Lakers the other night when Kobe and the Lakers had three FTAs going into the second half and then got it even at the line in the fourth. I don't buy this, Lakers played well, they got more calls and that's fine because the Mavs did not play good D or play well in the fourth, too many mistakes.

You are correct that the game ends in the 4th quarters so yes, this is the quarter in which the game is won. :rolleyes In this game, the Jazz got the majority of the calls to go up double digits through the first three quarters so it's lame to say that we got "bailouts" in the fourth just because we got more calls in the fourth. I think it's a bailout to eject Stackhouse for a flagrant when he was playing well for the team when guys like Terry weren't. It's a bailout to call a tech on Avery when Sloan can jaw at Stack and use words like "bullshit"and "motherfucker" in front of the ref and get off with not even a warning. As for the Spurs, seems like they like to take jumpers when the game is on the line and they need a 2-3 to win or get even...as Spurs fans like to remind Mavs fans, fouls on jumpers should not get rewarded like drives to the lane. I'm done, thanks for the kudos on the win, only a Spurs fan would use a word like "bailout"...have fun playing the Jazz IN Utah.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2007, 12:44 AM
only a Spurs fan would use a word like "bailout"You used it twice, counselor.

ponky
01-10-2007, 12:56 AM
You used it twice, counselor.

oh look, it's a tag team and mr. obvious has entered the room...i have nothing further to argue your honor but thanks for sitting up there on your throne and pointing out insignificant tibdits of fact

ChumpDumper
01-10-2007, 12:57 AM
It's quite significant.

mqywaaah
01-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Nothing

Dirk Nowitzki
01-10-2007, 01:25 AM
God I love this team! They have such a chip on their shoulder it is fucking scary! These guys KNOW what needs to be done to be the best and they are fucking showing it!! :clap

RonMexico
01-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Stackhouse is such a douche

ponky
01-10-2007, 02:32 AM
Stackhouse is such a douche

“(After the 1st flagrant foul) everything I did after that was marginal was going to go against me. But we got the win . . . deal with that.”

(Confrontation between Stackhouse and Sloan)

“It’s personal. They don’t like me and I don’t like them.”

---Stackhouse post-game quotes

I FUCKING LOVE STACKHOUSE, THE GUY HAS HEART AND IS A TOUGH CAT! Jho and Stack don't take shit from no one, it's what this team lacked and I'm happy to see them talking like this, *clap clap clap*

Trainwreck2100
01-10-2007, 02:38 AM
shouldn't you be asleep right now

ponky
01-10-2007, 02:43 AM
shouldn't you be asleep right now

i never go to sleep before 3 AM

Fillmoe
01-10-2007, 03:02 AM
i never go to sleep before 3 AM

its 3 am in the east right now

ponky
01-10-2007, 03:06 AM
its 3 am in the east right now

too bad i no longer live there :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

stretch
01-10-2007, 09:26 AM
“(After the 1st flagrant foul) everything I did after that was marginal was going to go against me. But we got the win . . . deal with that.”

(Confrontation between Stackhouse and Sloan)

“It’s personal. They don’t like me and I don’t like them.”

---Stackhouse post-game quotes

I FUCKING LOVE STACKHOUSE, THE GUY HAS HEART AND IS A TOUGH CAT! Jho and Stack don't take shit from no one, it's what this team lacked and I'm happy to see them talking like this, *clap clap clap*
i agree man. its nice to see someone stepping up nowadays, as opposed to in the past, when this team would take shit from anyone and everyone. now no one on this team takes shit, especially Howard and Stack. while Dirk is still a tad on the soft side, hes definitely gotten MUCH better. hes not afraid to shove someone and tell them to fuck off. i think the only chance Dirk has to shed his "soft" image is to win an NBA title, and be dominant in doing so, by not settling for jumpers when he needs to be driving.

mabber
01-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Dirk, Jet & Harris all made shots in the last 2 minutes so it wasn't entirely won on the line. You can't help but shoot a lot of free throws vs. the Jazz as they are incredible hacks. And yes, Dirk got bailed out on that one call vs. Boozer where Boozer got all ball but I love that he gets those calls now. He never got them prior to last season.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-10-2007, 09:50 AM
When Dirk drives to the hoops he is flat out unguardable! BTW Stretch stop :jack Ponky. :lol :lol

bdictjames
01-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Kirilenko's not as effective as last year..

timvp
01-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Dirk, Jet & Harris all made shots in the last 2 minutes so it wasn't entirely won on the line. You can't help but shoot a lot of free throws vs. the Jazz as they are incredible hacks.

Hey, look it's a civilized Mav Fan. All the rest just fly off the handle if even slightly questioned. Props for bringing more to the table.

And yes, Dirk got bailed out on that one call vs. Boozer where Boozer got all ball

"Bail out? !@#$ you, you @#$%^& piece of !@#$. Did you watch the whole game? The Jazz got bailed out in the first quarter when the ump threw the jump ball crookedly :madrun :madrun :madrun" --Average Mav Fan

but I love that he gets those calls now. He never got them prior to last season.

In the last year, Dirk has gotten enough of those calls to last a lifetime.

But props to the Mavs for having players who refs respect.

Islymore
01-10-2007, 12:39 PM
well... as a MAVFAN i admit there are plenty of us who do fly off the handle and are foul-mouthed... but there are plenty who aren't as eruptive. I didn't get to watch this game, but i did catch the tailend of the "rewind" when i happened to wake up at 2 am... but... from what i did catch, i saw that the Mavs showed some emotion this game... so... i'm okay with that... i'll be back with more comments....

mFFL03
01-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Wow the refs have tried to screw us over the last 3 games and we should have essentially won 3-3. That Terry drive to the hoop in LA was one of the biggest fouls I've ever seen.

Almost Ginobli like.

And Dirk's final drive to the basket in the final seconds.....if thats not a foul then I don't know what is. I think at halftime it was 28 FT for the Jazz to 13 for the Mavs. Wow.

Keep it up Stern, we can with or without you now.

Mr Dio
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Maybe all this winning the mavs and cross-eyed cuban r doing can carryover to the NBA Finals???? :lol

mabber
01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow the refs have tried to screw us over the last 3 games and we should have essentially won 3-3. That Terry drive to the hoop in LA was one of the biggest fouls I've ever seen.

Almost Ginobli like.

And Dirk's final drive to the basket in the final seconds.....if thats not a foul then I don't know what is. I think at halftime it was 28 FT for the Jazz to 13 for the Mavs. Wow.

Terry's drive was rejected cleanly...just cuz a guy falls down hard doesn't mean it's a foul :lol Also, Dirk was an idiot for even taking the ball to the hoop and it didn't look like a foul to me. Dirk nor Avery complained about it at the time. You know Dirk would have if he'd been fouled.

Keep the whining about the officiating out of here...it's really lame.

ponky
01-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey, look it's a civilized Mav Fan. All the rest just fly off the handle if even slightly questioned. Props for bringing more to the table.

Oh that's right you were merely posing a query, my bad, I wonder why I missed that! :rolleyes

There's a reason you watch the entire game before making assumptions...it wasn't just about the fouls it was also about the disappearance of Terry/Harris until the 4th quarter. Now that someone's explained this to you, you congratulate him...even if he made your "bailout" reference look dumb.

ponky
01-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Terry's drive was rejected cleanly...just cuz a guy falls down hard doesn't mean it's a foul :lol Also, Dirk was an idiot for even taking the ball to the hoop and it didn't look like a foul to me. Dirk nor Avery complained about it at the time. You know Dirk would have if he'd been fouled.

Keep the whining about the officiating out of here...it's really lame.

No one's whining about the officiating...unless you mean the Spurs fan who brought up the officiating in the first place, see below:

That's a first.

timvp
01-10-2007, 08:22 PM
No one's whining about the officiating...unless you mean the Spurs fan who brought up the officiating in the first place, see below:

The game was won at the free throw line. That's a fact. Look it up.

Get over it and move on to the next game. Dirk and Terry got ghost fouls late in the fourth. Props to the Mavs. You win.

Leetonidas
01-10-2007, 08:26 PM
God I love this team! They have such a chip on their shoulder it is fucking scary! These guys KNOW what needs to be done to be the best and they are fucking showing it!! :clap
Are you sure you're not in love with them?

Amare_32
01-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Almost Ginobli like.

Like Wade's drive to the basket in Game 5 of the Finals. :lol
________
929 (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_929)
________
Vaporizer Chamomile (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

dbestpro
01-10-2007, 08:53 PM

Almost Ginobli like.

It is amazing basketball has come to this. The Mavericks are the best the NBA has to offer? No wonder they can't win on the international level. There are quite a few people who believe that the whole thing is rigged and the way the Mav's are going adds evidence to this belief. There is a reason why this is the first season Cuban is not going nuts. He was told to shut up and it will be his turn. Don't look for any repeats though. The loss of revenue from unsold Maverick gear will send the NBA in another direction next year. Maybe, it will be Yao's and Houston's turn. You can sell alot of copycat Rocket gear in China.

Amare_32
01-10-2007, 08:59 PM
It is amazing basketball has come to this. The Mavericks are the best the NBA has to offer? No wonder they can't win on the international level. There are quite a few people who believe that the whole thing is rigged and the way the Mav's are going adds evidence to this belief. There is a reason why this is the first season Cuban is not going nuts. He was told to shut up and it will be his turn. Don't look for any repeats though. The loss of revenue from unsold Maverick gear will send the NBA in another direction next year. Maybe, it will be Yao's and Houston's turn. You can sell alot of copycat Rocket gear in China.

For the last time the NBA is not rigged. Stern is not exactly fond of Cuban. The thought of handing the trophy to Cuban is enough to make Stern want to go in a corner lying in a fetal position. If it was truly rigged don't you think the LeBrons would have won the title already? I agree that some players get all the calls but there is no Oliver Stone conspiracy.
________
TeraBelucci live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/TeraBelucci)