PDA

View Full Version : Bush Speech Tonight

MannyIsGod
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Excerpts of President Bush's speech tonight about the Iraq war indicate he will admit the current strategy is flawed.

Bush gives two reasons for the failure to secure Baghdad in particular, according to the excerpts: There are "not enough Iraqi and American troops to secure neighborhoods" and there are too many restrictions on the troops that are in place.

"Our military commanders reviewed the new Iraqi plan to ensure that it addressed these mistakes. They report that it does," according to the excerpts. "They also report that this plan can work ... and [Iraqi] Prime Minister [Nuri] al-Maliki has pledged that political or sectarian interference will not be tolerated."

According to the excerpts, Bush also will say that only the Iraqis can end the sectarian violence that has besieged their country and he will say that the Iraqi government "has put forward an aggressive plan" to accomplish that.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/10/iraq.bush/index.html

2 words: Democratic Congress.

boutons_
01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
"he will admit the current strategy is flawed."

.... which is an admission:

1. that the strategy dating back to Feb 03 has failed, and

2. that dubya/dickhead/Repugs/neo-cunts have de-stablized and lost Iraq.

IX_Equilibrium
01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Bush said, "After three long years of me vehemently sticking to a plan that showed consistently progressive failure, please trust me with a new plan. I want to send 20,000 additional troops to help the Iraqi people establish a democracy....the same Iraqi people who have displayed they want no part of western democracy....the same Iraqi people who have sat back and watched allied forces fight the insurgents instead of fighting for themselves.....the same Iraqi people who do not view themselves as Iraqis, but instead have segragated themselves along the religious lines of Sunni and Shiites. Yes my fellow Americans, we need to place more of our troops in harm's way to fight for a people that don't want us there. We need to fight terrorism in foreign lands instead of strengthening our own borders. If you trust me, we will win."

boutons_
01-10-2007, 06:57 PM
There is no good strategy for Iraq, so dubya/dickhead will fuck around with shit like tonight, until Jan 09, and then claim:

"When we left office, we weren't winning (they weren't), we weren't losing (yes, you were). Iraq was lost by the ensuing administration"

clambake
01-10-2007, 07:24 PM
I won't be able to see his speech tonight.

Wife has tired of having to buy new tv's.

SequSpur
01-10-2007, 08:31 PM
we won, we blew them fuckers up and hussein and his kids are dead... wtf are we sending more troops for?

ChumpDumper
01-10-2007, 08:32 PM
:lol

Come back anytime, stretch.

midgetonadonkey
01-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Bullshit!

midgetonadonkey
01-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Our commanders believe we can deliver a serious blow to the terrorists.

:lmao

midgetonadonkey
01-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Bush is a fucking dumb shit. I hope he dies.

midgetonadonkey
01-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Who give a fuck if our withdrawal results in more Iraqi casualties? As long as there are no more American casualties, that's all that should matter. Fuck Iraqis.

boutons_
01-10-2007, 10:28 PM
dubya has already fucked the Iraqis.

Futzing around for years is being nice to the Iraqis.

dubya pulling out from now would fuck the Iraqis harder and faster.

dubya/dickhead/etc now are clearly more worried about their own personal legacies than they are about US military and Iraqis.

They absolutely don't want history to say the "Repugs lost Iraq".

Extra Stout
01-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Who is worse... George W. Bush or Beno Udrih?

exstatic
01-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Beno = Herpes
Bush = AIDS

ChumpDumper
01-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Our commanders believe we can deliver a serious blow to the terrorists. The new ones I just put in, not any of the others from the past four years. Fuck those guys.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2007, 11:32 PM
[awaits Lincoln camparison talking point]

gtownspur
01-11-2007, 02:54 AM

Super Self Pious Extra -top of de morning to ya!- Stout.

gtownspur
01-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Being a sarcastic ass, and bringing no insight is my job at spurstalk.com! :clap

ChumpDumper
01-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Well, your job is being obsessed with me now, apparently.

gtownspur
01-11-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, your job is being obsessed with me now, apparently.

:nope , sorry chump. You can't pull that trick on anyone. You far worse in personally hounding posters.

ChumpDumper
01-11-2007, 03:16 AM
Not a trick.

Truth.

Don't worry dude. You aren't the only one.

gtownspur
01-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Not a trick.

Truth.

Don't worry dude. You aren't the only one.

If ridiculing you for being a dumbass passes for obsession, then you must be the most obsessed nitwit of all time.

ChumpDumper
01-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Thanks for all the attention.

gtownspur
01-11-2007, 03:26 AM
Thanks for all the attention.

Yes, this place is buzzing because of your wit and humor at 3 am in the morn.

let's see I was here first and you appeared just ten minutes ago........ funny how you mentioned obsession.

The stalker claiming the bystander to be obsessed should go in the books as the highest form of irony.

ChumpDumper
01-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Don't flatter yourself. Been here all night. I'm sure you want to make every thread here about me, but that's not why the rest of us are here.

gtownspur
01-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Don't flatter yourself. Been here all night. I'm sure you want to make every thread here about me, but that's not why the rest of us are here.

Ofcourse, you're so right.

And seeing how you are the better person, anybody else will find that you never respond to my words and you take the high road. :downspin:

You have better things to do than post drivel, worthless arguments and 2000 post about people being obsessed with you.

Why waste your time here?

ChumpDumper
01-11-2007, 03:34 AM
Well, you'd be taking the high road if you stopped posting about me now, wouldn't you?

gtownspur
01-11-2007, 03:42 AM
No I wouldn't, i don't make such claims, you do.

ChumpDumper
01-11-2007, 03:43 AM
:lol

gtownspur
01-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Still waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is and not respond.

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, you'd be taking the high road if you stopped posting about me now, wouldn't you?

Many threads do end up revolving around you Chump. Mainly because you are usually the first to "throw stones".

I'm just saying.

Oh, and Bush sounded like a big pussy last night.

clambake
01-11-2007, 11:43 AM
He is a pussy. He won't clean up his own mess. He'll leave it for the next tenant.

Must have been a bitch trying to raise that little turd.

angel_luv
01-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Is this the speech you guys are referring to?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070111/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_text_1
I am trying to understand the context of your conversatin.

PixelPusher
01-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Many threads do end up revolving around you Chump. Mainly because you are usually the first to "throw stones".

I'm just saying.

Oh, and Bush sounded like a big pussy last night.
I've been on this board late at night (on the west coast, which makes it REALLY late for you guys) enough times to notice gtown's pattern of logging in and posting drive-by style replies to several different Chumper posts in several different threads.

angel_luv
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Many listening tonight will ask why this effort will succeed when previous operations to secure Baghdad did not. Well, here are the differences: In earlier operations, Iraqi and American forces cleared many neighborhoods of terrorists and insurgents — but when our forces moved on to other targets, the killers returned. This time, we will have the force levels we need to hold the areas that have been cleared. In earlier operations, political and sectarian interference prevented Iraqi and American forces from going into neighborhoods that are home to those fueling the sectarian violence. This time, Iraqi and American forces will have a green light to enter these neighborhoods — and Prime Minister Maliki has pledged that political or sectarian interference will not be tolerated.

I don't know a lot about miliitary strategy but it sounds like Bush is using the same old plan, just involving more people.
Surely the insurgents have reinforcements to send in as well. I am not convinced that his mode of operation is helpful.

Another concern, what assurance do we have that Minister Maliki will uphold his end of the bargain? Bush made it sound as if Maliki's cooperation vital to the success of the plan- what happens to our troops if the Minister doesn't come through?

I have made it clear to the prime minister and Iraq's other leaders that America's commitment is not open-ended. If the Iraqi government does not follow through on its promises, it will lose the support of the American people — and it will lose the support of the Iraqi people.

Ok, so and then what?

smeagol
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I've been on this board late at night (on the west coast, which makes it REALLY late for you guys) enough times to notice gtown's pattern of logging in and posting drive-by style replies to several different Chumper posts in several different threads.
Nah . . . Gtown would never do that . . .

clambake
01-11-2007, 01:16 PM
It's a hail mary pass, Angel. But don't look for Flutie as quarterback. It doesn't address the turmoil between the different sects. Bush is concerned about Bush. British troops will be drawing down in 8 weeks. That's some coalition.

angel_luv
01-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I wonder, would Iraq would be such a must win situation today if Bush hadn't by invading them?

Did Bush un necessarily aggrivate things in Iraq or are we just in the midst of the inevitable because were bound to seriously esclate anyway.

I really don't know anymore.
In the beginning ( seems so long ago, doesn't it?) I was against invading Iraq. I know the government caught Saddam but so far, that is the only thing I can really credit to the operation.

clambake
01-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Bush has already admitted that it's about oil. He said they would use oil as extortion against us. (just more bullshit from a shamelessly dishonest leader). And no, if no invasion, Iran wouldn't have the stranglehold on the inevitible conclusion to this disaster.

boutons_
01-11-2007, 02:30 PM
angie,

Iraq was a mess under Saddam, but a stable mess. Ugly, tough for the Iraqi people, but stable and well down the list of threats to the US and M/E.

As the diplomats say, "kicking it (Iraq) down the road" (aka continuing the int'l lock-down on Iraq post-Gulf-War) was a perfectly acceptable tactic.

In the post-9/11 context, the US had much higher, more pressing, priorities and threats (Afghanistan, Pakistan FATAs, Iran, Syria, al-Qaida anywhere) than invading non-threatening, stable Iraq.

In a nutshell, dubya's entire Hail-Mary plan for Iraq has always been and still is "Iraq stands up, dubya stands down". The fatal flaw is that there is no Iraq to stand up. No govt, no Army, no police that aren't compromised by Moktadr's Shia, death squads, informants, insurgents, etc, etc.

Maliki's recent plan had the US leaving Bagdad to fight on the perimeter, leaving Bagdad to Maliki (a Shia puppet of Moktadr who is the real power) to continue ethnic cleansing of Sunnis in Bagdad. That was transparent enough even for the WH dumbfucks to see through. The dubya Hail-Mary is exactly the opposite, MORE, not less, US military in Badgad.

dubya-in-chief has erroneously, incompetently, dishonestly, unnecessarily led the US military into an imprisoning, fatal quagmire. And he doesn't have a fucking clue how to finish what he started.

So, would anybody rather have today the Iraq of Feb 03, or the actual Iraq of today?

you're doing a heckuva job, dubya

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 02:32 PM
angie,

Iraq was a mess under Saddam, but a stable mess. Ugly, tough for the Iraqi people, but stable and well down the list of threats to the US and M/E.

As the diplomats say, "kicking it (Iraq) down the road" (aka continuing the int'l lock-down on Iraq post-Gulf-War) was a perfectly acceptable tactic.

In the post-9/11 context, the US had much higher, more pressing, priorities and threats (Afghanistan, Pakistan FATAs, Iran, Syria, al-Qaida anywhere) than invading non-threatening, stable Iraq.

In a nutshell, dubya's entire Hail-Mary plan for Iraq has always been and still is "Iraq stands up, dubya stands down". The fatal flaw is that there is no Iraq to stand up. No govt, no Army, no police that aren't compromised by Moktadr's Shia, death squads, informants, insurgents, etc, etc.

Maliki's recent plan had the US leaving Bagdad to fight on the perimeter, leaving Bagdad to Maliki (a Shia puppet of Moktadr who is the real power) to continue ethnic cleansing of Sunnis in Bagdad. That was transparent enough even for the WH dumbfucks to see through. The dubya Hail-Mary is exactly the opposite, MORE, not less, US military in Badgad.

dubya-in-chief has erroneously, incompetently, dishonestly, unnecessarily led the US military into an imprisoning, fatal quagmire. And he doesn't have a fucking clue how to finish what he started.

So, would anybody rather have today the Iraq of Feb 03, or the actual Iraq of today?

you're doing a heckuva job, dubya

If I'm writing a letter to "Angie" I wouldn't close it by writing directly to "dubya".

That's just me though.

angel_luv
01-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your take Boutons.

SpursWoman
01-11-2007, 02:42 PM
If I'm writing a letter to "Angie" I wouldn't close it by writing directly to "dubya".

That's just me though.

Especially since her name is Veronica. :lol

angel_luv
01-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Especially since her name is Veronica. :lol

I think it was a nickname for Angel. :)

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I think it was a nickname for Angel. :)

Thank you Captain Obvious.

angel_luv
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Just Captain. I think that explanation warrents me a promotion. :)

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Just Captain. I think that explanation warrents me a promotion. :)

Once again, angel_luv proves that it's fucking impossible to bother her.

:toast

boutons_
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
"Thank you Captain Obvious."

IGNORED JS makes another brilliant contribution to the forum.

angel_luv
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
:toast
:) :toast

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 03:21 PM
"Thank you Captain Obvious."

IGNORED JS makes another brilliant contribution to the forum.

For someone that ignores me, he sure does quote me a lot.

Oh, and if I'm ignored, how would one know what kind of contributions I make to a forum?

This question is directed at anyone who doesn't have me on ignore.

ChumpDumper
01-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Did somebody say something?

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Did somebody say something?

:lol :lol

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 03:26 PM
You know, it's funny because Chump, Clambake, Aggiefan, hell, even Xray and many others, in my opinion make good points and make me think about things a little different about things then what I've always thought was "normal".

Boutons on the other hand just keeps people on ignore and absolutely refuses to even debate his difference of opinion with poeple.

DarkReign
01-11-2007, 04:19 PM
For someone that ignores me, he sure does quote me a lot.

Oh, and if I'm ignored, how would one know what kind of contributions I make to a forum?

This question is directed at anyone who doesn't have me on ignore.

If youre ignored by someone, they can only see your posts if you are quoted by another member who isnt ignored.

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 04:31 PM
If youre ignored by someone, they can only see your posts if you are quoted by another member who isnt ignored.

But then you'd think if he decided my thoughts on this board merited being "ignored", then he'd just see that it was me that someone was quoting and he'd move right on by.

Boutons doesn't like people to disagree with him. He's sort of like a dictator that way. Reminds me of the very person he professes to hate so much, "Dubya".

Hypocrite.

angel_luv
01-15-2007, 12:22 PM
http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/33/president_bush

Sunday, January 14, 2007

President Bush
Scott Pelley has an exclusive interview with President George W. Bush, shortly after the President announced his controversial decision to send more U.S. troops into Iraq. Mr. Bush allowed Pelley unprecedented access aboard his private helicopter, as well as a tour of Camp David, before sitting down to explain why he feels success can still be achieved in Iraq.

mookie2001
01-15-2007, 05:58 PM
chumpdumper scoffs the shit out of gtown on the regular

exstatic
01-15-2007, 07:57 PM
chumpdumper scoffs the shit out of gtown on the regular
My cat could outwit gtown. Having CD waste his time doing it is like lighting a trash pile with a nuke.

mookie2001
01-15-2007, 08:45 PM
yeah but he reigns upon whottt too

mookie2001
01-15-2007, 08:46 PM
and nothings worse than a neocon

smeagol
01-15-2007, 11:02 PM
and nothings worse than a neocon
Have you ever read any of boutons posts?

Fillmoe
01-15-2007, 11:08 PM
why would i want to listen to an idiot talk?

gtownspur
01-16-2007, 12:12 AM
My cat could outwit gtown. Having CD waste his time doing it is like lighting a trash pile with a nuke.

There was no outwitting done. Just simple trashtalking, and i'll admit to that. CD does waste his time posting with me, and i likewise.

If there is anything i've learned from chump is that he never has anytakes, his job is to troll, people know where i stand on issues, so the same can be done about me.

As to his admirers, mostly 14 yr old liberals, i could care less if they think he's outwitted anyone, myself included. I'd never want there to be a day where I am looked up by mookie, or anyother spermling. The day that happens i will either reflect somewhere in the woods for a while, or shoot to get promoted to a moderator and waste my time trying to up one on conservatives so i could have my genitalia stroked by Pixel and mookie2000cal/hr.

gtownspur
01-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Besides, as far as the bush interview on 60 min, which Luv refers to, i think he didn't articulate the reason to go on effectively. HE was on the offensive.

But he gets prop for having the balls to be interviewed by a hostile network.

You would have never seen that from CLinton if FOx wanted to have a 30 min interview with him while he was prez.

Maybe you could attribute that to Clinton's wit and instinct in which it's not clever to get your message out through a hostile source, but nevertheless, Bush had balls for doing that.