PDA

View Full Version : anyone with ESPN insider? please..

zocool16
01-10-2007, 07:41 PM
can someone please post this article? I'm interested in seeing who the 49ers might get with the 11th pick...
thanks.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2725451&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft07%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d2725451

mardigan
01-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I dont know but they should trade up and get Jarrett or Johnson, they need a reciever. Sorry though, dont have insider sorry to get you hopes up

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
can someone please post this article? I'm interested in seeing who the 49ers might get with the 11th pick...
thanks.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2725451&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft07%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d2725451

...here you go brosef.

1. Oakland Raiders (2-14)

Projected pick: +JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
Russell vs. Brady Quinn? Let the great debate begin. Most teams have Quinn ahead of Russell, but Raiders owner Al Davis could fall in love with Russell's size and deep arm.

2. Detroit (3-13)

Projected pick: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
The Lions will be stoked if Quinn falls to them at No. 2. Wouldn't it be great, though, if Matt Millen takes another wide receiver (Calvin Johnson) with this pick?

3t. x-Cleveland (4-12)

Projected pick: +Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
The Browns want Russell with this pick, but they'll settle for a 330-pound playmaker to help solidify Romeo Crennel's three-man defensive front.

3t. x-Tampa Bay (4-12)

Projected pick: +Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
The Bucs have other more pressing needs, but coach Jon Gruden can't pass on the draft's most dynamic offensive weapon.

5. Arizona (5-11)

Projected pick: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
As usual, the Cardinals are a prime candidate to trade down. They should get lots of bidders if Thomas -- the only elite offensive lineman in this class -- is still available.

6. Washington (5-11)

Projected pick: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
Adams is a no-brainer for a Redskins defense that set a team record for the fewest sacks in a season (19) in 2006.

7. Minnesota (6-10)

Projected pick: +Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
It's hard to believe the Vikings still need defensive end help, but Erasmus James suffered a season-ending injury in the opener and Kenechi Udeze failed to notch a sack. Anderson is the complete package physically and he should capitalize on 13.5 sacks as a junior in 2006.

8. Houston (6-10)

Projected pick: +Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Peterson is expected to make his decision to bolt for the NFL in the next few days. Drafting Peterson here would help to overshadow the Texans' colossal mistake of passing on Reggie Bush with the top overall pick last year.

9. Miami (6-10)

Projected pick: Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
The Dolphins could consider QB Brian Brohm with this pick, but they also could go the free-agency route in order to get short-term relief. Hall would be a good value here and would help upgrade a patchwork secondary.

10. Atlanta (7-9)

Projected pick: LaRon Landry, S, LSU
Landry is a ball-hawk free safety who would instantly upgrade the athleticism of the Falcons secondary.

11. San Francisco (7-9)

Projected pick: +Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
Dorsey might not fall this far, but the 49ers certainly wouldn't protest such a scenario. Dorsey is a disruptive force as a one-gap penetrating interior lineman.

12. Buffalo (7-9)

Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
Projected pick: The Bills have more pressing needs, including cornerback and middle linebacker. However, Okoye is a fast-rising 19-year-old with great potential.

13. St. Louis (8-8)

Projected pick: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
Carriker, a quick and powerful 290-pound defensive end, could be a good complement opposite DE Leonard Little.

14. Carolina (8-8)

Projected pick: +Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
The Panthers need help at middle linebacker, left tackle, safety and tight end, but it also might be time to address life after QB Jake Delhomme. If Brohm elects to leave school early, he should be taken somewhere between picks No. 10 and 20.

15. Pittsburgh (8-8)

Projected pick: Quentin Moses, DE/OLB, Georgia
Moses' stock is dropping after a subpar senior year, but it will spike once he works out at the combine next month.

16. Green Bay (8-8)

Projected pick: +Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
QB Brett Favre could help maximize Lynch's explosiveness and versatility if they're working in the same backfield in 2007.

17. Jacksonville (8-8)

Projected pick: +Ted Ginn Jr., WR/RS, Ohio State
Ginn Jr. has a tough decision to make after injuring his ankle in the first quarter of the BCS title game. Assuming he turns pro, the Jaguars could use his speed. Despite spending first-round picks on the position in 2004 (Reggie Williams) and 2005 (Matt Jones), no Jaguar finished in the NFL's top 50 in catches.

18. Cincinnati (8-8)

Projected pick: Tank Tyler, DT, N.C. State
Tyler had a monster season as a senior, and his combination of power and quickness would help upgrade the Bengals' ailing defensive front.

19. Tennessee (8-8)

Projected pick: +Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
Jarrett is a dynamic playmaker with extraordinary hand-eye coordination, but he might not run well enough to land a spot in the top 15. However, the former Trojans receiver could make quite a team with the former Longhorns quarterback (Vince Young) in Tennessee.

20. N.Y. Giants (8-8)

Projected pick: +Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
The Giants must upgrade their cover-corner situation, and Revis displays the athleticism and ball skills to fit their needs. Revis will compete for the second cornerback taken behind Hall in this year's class.

21. Denver (9-7)

Projected pick: Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal
The tragic passing of Darrent Williams will force the Broncos to re-evaluate their personnel needs this offseason.

22. Dallas (9-7)

Projected pick: +Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
Nelson, a speedy center fielder with excellent ball skills, would provide an ideal complement next to hard-hitting S Roy Williams.

23. Kansas City (9-7)

Projected pick: +Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
Rice's draft stock could fluctuate greatly depending on his postseason workouts. Assuming he grades out as a late first-round prospect, the Chiefs would welcome his pass-catching services on the perimeter.

24. y-New England (from Seattle)

Projected pick: +Jarvis Moss, DE/OLB, Florida
Moss is an undersized pass-rushing end who would fit well as an outside linebacker in the Patriots' 3-4 defensive scheme. Plus, Bill Belichick obviously has a thing for Gators players.

25. y-N.Y. Jets (10-6)

Projected pick: Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn
Irons' draft stock is plummeting after a disappointing senior campaign. However, don't be surprised if he works his way back into the first round by running well and checking out physically at next month's combine. The Jets might be desperate enough to take a gamble.

26. y-New Orleans (10-6)

Projected pick: Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
The Saints need lots of help on defense, and selecting McCauley would be a step in the right direction. McCauley is raw but he's also a 6-foot-1 cornerback with 4.3-second speed in the 40-yard dash.

27. y-Philadelphia (10-6)

Projected pick: +Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State
Timmons is unpolished, but he's a big hitter with great speed for his size.

28. y-New England (12-4)

Projected pick: Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame
Samardzija could easily slip out of the first round due to his desire to play both baseball (Cubs) and football professionally. The Patriots should be "in the know" thanks to their old buddy Charlie Weis.

29. y-Indianapolis (12-4)

Projected pick: Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss
The Colts' run defense was abysmal during the regular season, so drafting a one-man wrecking crew like Willis makes a lot of sense with this pick. Willis notched 265 tackles during his final three seasons at Ole Miss.

30. y-Chicago (13-3)

Projected pick: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
Brown could slip after a disappointing senior season, but it's still tough to find a tackle with his combination of size and agility.

31. y-Baltimore (13-3)

Projected pick: LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan
The Ravens could use a youth influx at linebacker, and Woodley would be a good fit thanks to his experience playing in a similar hybrid 3-4/4-3 defensive scheme at Michigan.

32. y-San Diego (14-2)

Projected pick: Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
A young weapon like Bowe at wide receiver could take an already-potent Chargers offense to the next level.

zocool16
01-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I dont know but they should trade up and get Jarrett or Johnson, they need a reciever. Sorry though, dont have insider sorry to get you hopes up

TOTALLY agree...

thanks johngates

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 07:59 PM
TOTALLY agree...

thanks johngates

you are welcome. and, btw, if you want Jarrett...it looks like he'll be there.

on a side note, how is Peterson falling to 8? i don't care if the need is there or not, i think teams would trade up. if he does go that low i think he, along with Jarrett would be steals (Peterson just inside top 10 and Jarrett after 15).

mardigan
01-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah that is surprising, if the Texans can get him, the Bush fiasco would immediatly be forgotten

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah that is surprising, if the Texans can get him, the Bush fiasco would immediatly be forgotten

...boy, i'll tell ya. if he is there and the texans don't take him.....................i think the NFL should make houston & mcnair give up that team.

mardigan
01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
i agree, dominick davis is nice and all, but the Texans would be officially the stupidest team of all time

johngateswhiteley
01-10-2007, 08:36 PM
i agree, dominick davis is nice and all, but the Texans would be officially the stupidest team of all time

i heard that.

samikeyp
01-10-2007, 11:19 PM
There is talk up here in MI about the Lions taking Peterson because of the severity of Kevin Jones' injury...although it seems that most fans want Quinn.

Big Pimp_21
01-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I like Nelson for the Cowboys (but I don't think they will take a S for some reason). That guy would be what they need in the joke of a secondary they put on the field.

johngateswhiteley
01-11-2007, 11:09 AM
...Jarrett would be a great pick for tennessee, he'd catch all those errant vyoung passes.

stretch
01-11-2007, 11:24 AM
...Jarrett would be a great pick for tennessee, he'd catch all those errant vyoung passes.
as they go on to win 5 SuperBowl as Vince Young carries his team constantly to great hights and cements his place in history as the greatest QB to ever play football.

johngateswhiteley
01-11-2007, 11:30 AM
as they go on to win 5 SuperBowl as Vince Young carries his team constantly to great hights and cements his place in history as the greatest QB to ever play football.

well, there is a better chance of that happening with Jarrett.

mardigan
01-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Jarrett would be huge for Vince, I dont know much about Nelson, but if he is a safety that can cover, shit take him. Branch is to high, and even though Kenny Irons didnt have a great year, kid is a stud and too low on this list. As for the lions, if they did get Quinn it would be an ideal situation getting to sit behind Kitna for a year or two while the Lions could put more pieces around the team, in fact I think they would almost have to take him

Marklar MM
01-11-2007, 01:32 PM
2. Detroit (3-13)

Projected pick: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
The Lions will be stoked if Quinn falls to them at No. 2. Wouldn't it be great, though, if Matt Millen takes another wide receiver (Calvin Johnson) with this pick?

If he picks a WR, Lions town will be deader than it already is. They have 2 fucking receivers that hit 1000 yards this year. They have more pressing needs.

mardigan
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I think that the Lions shitty GM realizes that as well, if he did pick another reciever is fate would be set in stone. The only thing that might change it is Quinn or Russell

DarkReign
01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
I think that the Lions shitty GM realizes that as well, if he did pick another reciever is fate would be set in stone.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You obviously dont know Ford Sr. Millen got an extension for all his brilliant football savvy.

The Lions are fucked...forever, until Ford Sr fucking dies.

mardigan
01-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, how is that that this guy gets to keep his job? He has single handedly fucked up this franchise, no one else ever would have kept his job after the shit Millen has pulled. Lions fans must be besides themselves

Mr Dio
01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
When were the Lions ever NOT fucked?
All of the IDIOTS in Mich should go into the lake & drown. They've been trying to live up to and try to beat Ohio in everything but have oh so failed. :lol

scott
01-11-2007, 10:14 PM
The more AD is project to go to Houston, the more he will start to lean towards coming back to OU!

Horry For 3!
01-12-2007, 01:55 AM
If he picks a WR, Lions town will be deader than it already is. They have 2 fucking receivers that hit 1000 yards this year. They have more pressing needs.
Charles Rogers - Michigan State :td Roy Williams - Texas :tu Mike Williams - USC :td

Obstructed_View
01-12-2007, 04:56 AM
As a long-suffering Browns fan, I think they should trade down.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-12-2007, 07:09 AM
When were the Lions ever NOT fucked?
All of the IDIOTS in Mich should go into the lake & drown. They've been trying to live up to and try to beat Ohio in everything but have oh so failed. :lol

What are you talking about? They are on pace to tie the Bengals mark of 14 straight non-winning seasons and if this keeps up, they'll move the franchise like the Browns did. I'd say they are living up to that Ohio standard quite nicely.