PDA

View Full Version : Romo done in Dallas?

mardigan
01-11-2007, 01:32 PM
They were talking this morning about how the team is worried about his phsyce and his future as a franchise qb because of how hard he is taking the dropped snap, so much so that they want to draft a qb in the first couple of rounds. Scary

Melmart1
01-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I call bullshit. The Cowboys have waited a decade for a franchise QB, even avoiding one in the draft so that they can just give up on the only one who has show true long-term potential? After three years of developing him? Don't think so!

And who is 'they'. "They" could be anybody and not a credible source.

mardigan
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I heard it on Cold Pizza, I dont know how credible it is, but their Nfl insider said he had talked to many inside the orginazation and they all felt the same way, Romo was destroyed by it. I hope as much as anyone that its not true, and I thought the Cowboys were going to have to draft a qb this year anyway because Im sure Bledsoe is gone, but Ive never seen any player take anything as hard as it looked like Romo took that drop so who knows

Melmart1
01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Cold Pizza is a stupid show, last I watched. They probably heard one person with the Cowboys and then inflated what he said.

Romo will be back next season, bank on it.

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Cold Pizza is a stupid show, last I watched. They probably heard one person with the Cowboys and then inflated what he said.

Romo will be back next season, bank on it.

He'll be back, and he'll be mediocre.

King
01-11-2007, 02:41 PM
They should draft a QB, anyway. Not because of Romo, but because you should always be developing someone. I wouldn't worry about him. It's one week removed, and there are still teams playing - and it could have been them this week. I'm sure he's still feeling it. But, it was a stupid muffed play. It wasn't a stupid decision, it was a freak accident that happened at a terrible time. It has nothing to do with Romo's abilities or decision making. It wasn't a meltdown.

He's cocky enough and talented enough to bounce back. It'll take time, and a clean slate. When teams are 0-0 and gearing up for next year, it won't matter what happened.

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 02:46 PM
They should draft a QB, anyway. Not because of Romo, but because you should always be developing someone. I wouldn't worry about him. It's one week removed, and there are still teams playing - and it could have been them this week. I'm sure he's still feeling it. But, it was a stupid muffed play. It wasn't a stupid decision, it was a freak accident that happened at a terrible time. It has nothing to do with Romo's abilities or decision making. It wasn't a meltdown.

He's cocky enough and talented enough to bounce back. It'll take time, and a clean slate. When teams are 0-0 and gearing up for next year, it won't matter what happened.

I agree with this entire thing except that you forgot to mention that he'll be mediocre next year.

King
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I agree with this entire thing except that you forgot to mention that he'll be mediocre next year.

I don't think he'll put up Peyton numbers, but I would expect him to easily be in the top 10 in QBs. Partly because of the weapons he has around him, but regardless.

mardigan
01-11-2007, 03:14 PM
I know he will be back, they gave him an extension earlier in the year, but his confidence might have been shot. I hope not, and I personally think he will bounce back, but I thought the same thing about Nick Anderson when he missed those free throws against the Rockets in the finals, but he was never the same player. And yes the Boys have to draft a qb, maybe Zabransky, because Bledsoe is going to leave and we dont have another qb that isnt on the practice squad

leemajors
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I know he will be back, they gave him an extension earlier in the year, but his confidence might have been shot. I hope not, and I personally think he will bounce back, but I thought the same thing about Nick Anderson when he missed those free throws against the Rockets in the finals, but he was never the same player. And yes the Boys have to draft a qb, maybe Zabransky, because Bledsoe is going to leave and we dont have another qb that isnt on the practice squad

dallas doesn't need to draft a qb in the first round.

mardigan
01-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Fuck no, not in the 1st. Maybe 3rd or 4th. Defense first

johnsmith
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Fuck no, not in the 1st. Maybe 3rd or 4th. Defense first

Who do they have now on the bench? Not counting Bledsoe.

mardigan
01-11-2007, 03:30 PM
No one, Matt Baker on the practice squad, who was a rookie free agent this year from North Carolina. And Bledsoe is going to be gone, so we got to get somebody

BeerIsGood!
01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't take a QB in the 1st or 2nd. Look for some underrated kid out of the WAC in the mid rounds.

mardigan
01-11-2007, 06:41 PM
I wouldnt mind Zabransky from Boise St., or Brennan if he comes out

ducks
01-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I heard it on Cold Pizza, I dont know how credible it is, but their Nfl insider said he had talked to many inside the orginazation and they all felt the same way, Romo was destroyed by it. I hope as much as anyone that its not true, and I thought the Cowboys were going to have to draft a qb this year anyway because Im sure Bledsoe is gone, but Ive never seen any player take anything as hard as it looked like Romo took that drop so who knows

manu took the loss last year hard against dallas with that stupid foul
and he has came back

dg7md
01-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Romo will be fine, the way he knew he screwed up, I truly believe he will learn from that and turn into a consistant QB.

samikeyp
01-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Brennan has already said he is staying.

I would expect a FA signing at QB for Romo's backup though. Parcells isn't going to have a rookie backing him up.

ducks
01-11-2007, 09:12 PM
he lead the team after being down
down the field for a chance to win the game
he will never be a holder again
his confiedce will be fine
and I hate the cowgirls

ducks
01-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Brennan has already said he is staying.

I would expect a FA signing at QB for Romo's backup though. Parcells isn't going to have a rookie backing him up.

bill is going to be the gm for the giants :downspin:

BUMP
01-11-2007, 09:32 PM
hopefully Romo understands that that play didnt screw us over too much. sure it pretty much gave us no chance to win, but even if he makes it, Seattle has 1:20 to go down the field with the most clutch kicker in the game besides Adam Vinateiri.

and even if we escape that game, its not like we were superbowl material or anything. as soon as next year starts im sure he will be ready

samikeyp
01-11-2007, 09:34 PM
bill is going to be the gm for the giants

Nope...the Giants said no....they don't want him back! :downspin:

BradLohaus
01-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Somebody in Dallas tell Romo "Hey kid, don't worry. It was just the wildcard game. Nobody remembers those games anyway". Dallas wasn't going to win the Super Bowl this year even if they won that game. Romo's still the 2nd best QB in the NFC. It's debatable I guess, but I'd rather have him over anybody in the conference but Brees.

Obstructed_View
01-12-2007, 04:46 AM
I'd be a lot more worried about Romo as the future of the Cowboys if he didn't take that bobbled snap hard. I remember Magic Johnson talking about how he used to not sleep for days after the Lakers were eliminated.

I'm just a fan and I'm just getting over it.

LEONARD
01-12-2007, 09:21 AM
They were talking this morning about how the team is worried about his phsyce and his future as a franchise qb because of how hard he is taking the dropped snap, so much so that they want to draft a qb in the first couple of rounds. Scary

Who is "they"??? :lol

mardigan
01-12-2007, 02:08 PM
They didnt specify, just saying that it was people in managment and people within the orginazation

StylisticS
01-12-2007, 02:37 PM
I heard it on Cold Pizza
lol :lol

StylisticS
01-12-2007, 02:41 PM
They didnt specify, just saying that it was people in managment and people within the orginazation
Word of advice. Get your Dallas Cowboys news from Valley Ranch or from DC.com, not ESPN.

Regardless, Romo will be fine next year. What needs to change is the coaching.

mardigan
01-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I get my info on cowboys.com, didnt say i believed it, just putting it out there

mardigan
01-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I still dont know about Romo, but I really feel that if we get a good defensive player in the 1st round (safety or Jarvis Moss), that the Romo could lead us to the Super Bowl. Second round or third round however, we definately need a qb

LEONARD
01-12-2007, 08:31 PM
So if Romo doesn't F up the hold on that kick and the Cowboys are still playing, would you know about Romo then?

So our QB f'd up a hold on a kick...doesn't mean he can't play QB...

MannyIsGod
01-12-2007, 09:57 PM
So if Romo doesn't F up the hold on that kick and the Cowboys are still playing, would you know about Romo then?

So our QB f'd up a hold on a kick...doesn't mean he can't play QB...He can play QB, but how well is the question. The early success was a bit of fools gold, IMO. Once teams had some footage to plan for him and scout him, his success dropped off a huge cliff.

Only time will tell and if I'm the Cowboys I wouldn't give up on him, but I definetly think that all the love he got this year was a bit much for a guy who in the end had an average season.

dallaskd
01-12-2007, 10:42 PM
no. but we need to dump bledsoe and baker and sign a vet. and draft a qb in the 3rd or 4th round.

leemajors
01-13-2007, 10:42 AM
I think he's a servicable QB. He's not a tier one QB. No doubt he can win some games and no doubt he could win some playoff games. I just think a young prospect isn't a bad idea, its not like Romo is the next Brady.

I put him below, Manning(Giants), Pennington, Leftwich and so forth.

leftwich did lose his job to garrard. he's a statue. i know he was hurt, but even when he was healthy they didn't give it back.

MannyIsGod
01-13-2007, 02:22 PM
And because he sucks.

T Park
01-13-2007, 05:03 PM
LEftwich > Johnson and Brunell

MajorMike
01-14-2007, 10:29 AM
He'll be back, and he'll be mediocre.

In other words, status quo.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 02:04 PM
LEftwich > Johnson and BrunellNo shit he's better than Brunell, but I have no idea who the Johnson you're refering to.

Obstructed_View
01-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Quincy Carter took the Cowboys to a 10-6 record. Mediocre is an improvement. It was Parcells playing Martyball that cost the team anyway.

word
01-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Tony will be back. He is muy mucho macho. Or hadn't you heard ?