PDA

View Full Version : Best Recruiting Class signed in Feb '07

Mr Dio
01-11-2007, 03:13 PM
A few top recruits are still undecided but where does your team stand?

UT has at least 3 5-star and a dozen or so 4-star players.
UT going heavy on the O-line players.
Chiles, wow...can't wait to see him as a true Frosh.

Ballcox
01-11-2007, 03:35 PM
^Also, word is that L. Creer, C. Scott and McNight will be making visits to UT. If we could pick up a couple of those guys we would have a truly sick class this year.

johngateswhiteley
01-11-2007, 03:36 PM
1. ESPN: USC #1 A&M #29
2. Rivals: USC #5 A&M #31
3. Scout: USC #4 A&M #22

...in all polls, USC is by far the best in Average player rating. they just don't have the amount of recruits to get the points needed in the rivals and scout polls. as for A&M, this class doesn't look to be as good as Fran's previous ones...but we'll see.

...still got some good players considering.

Ballcox
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
^ No doubt usc is top five, those guys have a pipeline of recruits coming in every year.

The main guy out there for UT I would like to see us get is C. Scott, he could come in and provide immediate help in the secondary.

Mr Dio
01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, a few trips still pending for some players in this dead period.

Wonder what players this yr will do the Perriloux or Bust a Brantley?

johngateswhiteley
01-11-2007, 03:53 PM
^ No doubt usc is top five, those guys have a pipeline of recruits coming in every year.

The main guy out there for UT I would like to see us get is C. Scott, he could come in and provide immediate help in the secondary.

...i am still holding out hope for Toliver & Austin, but i couldn't more excited about Tyler and the Army All American Bowl MVP Galippo.

SrA Husker
01-11-2007, 03:56 PM
NEBRASKA

Scout: #6 - 1 Top 100, 11 4*, 17 3*
Rivals: #7 - 9 4*, 18 3*

Damn, we look good. One huge recruit we have is San Antonio local Travis Lewis, who did very well at the Army AA Bowl and I also got a autograph and picture taken with.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2407946

KewlKat00
01-11-2007, 04:20 PM
right now with only 14 recruits, we aren't high in terms of overall points, but there are some outstanding players in the class. everson griffen and chris galippo really looked good in the army aa game. three good additions to the o-line in o'dowd, wilson, and coleman. plus maybe marc tyler and broderick green can help with the consistency of the running game.

i'm not sure how many scholarships we have, but a few more than expected with antwine perez already transferred to maryland, jeff schweiger transferring, who knows about walker lee ashley, michael coleman working on his academic eligibilty, and the unfortunate mario danelo accident.

this leaves room for some more players to commit on signing day. a few players that i am hoping will commit: donovan warren, marvin austin, joe mcknight, and malcolm smith (steve smith's brother). i think we have pretty good chances, especially with warren who is supposed to make his announcement with two former trojans.

Mr Dio
01-11-2007, 04:26 PM
NEBRASKA

Scout: #6 - 1 Top 100, 11 4*, 17 3*
Rivals: #7 - 9 4*, 18 3*

Damn, we look good. One huge recruit we have is San Antonio local Travis Lewis, who did very well at the Army AA Bowl and I also got a autograph and picture taken with.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2407946

Lewis absolutely tore it up this season.

BeerIsGood!
01-11-2007, 04:33 PM
The question is: who among these blue chip recruits is going to step up and be an all american and who is going to be a disappointment? In other words, who is going to be the next VY or Reggie Bush and who is going to be the next Jevan Snead?

johngateswhiteley
01-11-2007, 04:57 PM
The question is: who among these blue chip recruits is going to step up and be an all american and who is going to be a disappointment? In other words, who is going to be the next VY or Reggie Bush and who is going to be the next Jevan Snead?

how is Snead a disappointment? he hasn't even played yet...thats not fair.

i am pretty certain Galippo and Tyler will be studs. on A&M i think both Stephens are great signs.

K-State Spur
01-11-2007, 05:44 PM
i think both scout and rivals have us in the 40s. i like the make-up of the class though.

last year's class was ranked about the same, and i'd put our first year players up with anybody's in conference.

BeerIsGood!
01-11-2007, 06:13 PM
how is Snead a disappointment? he hasn't even played yet...thats not fair.

I can see how Snead isn't a disappointment from your standpoint, but from mine - he's a wasted scholarship offer.

Holmes_Fans
01-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Texas A&M is gonna have NO offensive line after 2007.