PDA

View Full Version : Spiders

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I just wanted to start a thread about spiders because it looks like there aren't enough of them on page 1.

We had two spiders outside our house that looked pretty creepy. Huge webs, long scary legs, beady little eyes that looked at you and seemed to shout "stay away or I'll bite your leg off!!"

However, after researching them on the web we determined that they weren't harmful to humans and let them live a semi-long and happy life until the utility meter reader came and sent them to heaven.

The end.

tlongII
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't like spiders and snakes.

Shelly
01-11-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm glad you didn't kill Charlotte and her companion.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm glad you didn't kill Charlotte and her companion.

Funny, I was going to, but then they seemed to be a happy little couple and I didn't have the heart to do it. In fact, Mini Chopper and I would go out at night and watch them work on their webs. Each spider was literally 3 inches across so it was pretty cool to see. Their webs would get pretty beaten up during the day, but by morning they were perfect again. I didn't even think that they'd probably freak out the utility guy because their webs were blocking his path to the electrical box.

DarkReign
01-11-2007, 06:54 PM
I just wanted to start a thread about spiders because it looks like there aren't enough of them on page 1....

Chalk another one up.

Shelly
01-11-2007, 06:57 PM
awww...mini-chopper!

How's the little chopster doing?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2007, 07:02 PM
awww...mini-chopper!

How's the little chopster doing?

Awesome! He's missing me because I've been working a ton lately, but he's terrific.

This dad thing is pretty great.

Shelly
01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
just you wait...

:lol

I keed. I keed.

SpursWoman
01-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I like spiders. :)

midgetonadonkey
01-11-2007, 07:35 PM
My Indian Great-Grandmother, not dot-dot Indian but how-how Indian, used to say that is was going to rain if you kill a spider. Something like that.

Summers
01-11-2007, 07:37 PM
I never kill spiders. I love for them to live in my windows because they kill other bugs, and they don't bother me none. (But the other bugs do, obviously :lol)

Shelly
01-11-2007, 07:44 PM
My Indian Great-Grandmother, not dot-dot Indian but how-how Indian, used to say that is was going to rain if you kill a spider. Something like that.

Then Texans should be killing spiders left and right.

SpursWoman
01-11-2007, 08:47 PM

My Indian Grandmother, not dot-dot Indian but how-how Indian, used to say that you'd go blind if you watched a dog taking a shit, little kids would turn black if they drank coffee, and that they made glue out of little kids that misbehaved in the car. But then, she also liked Wild Turkey in her iced tea. :drunk :lol

Shelly
01-11-2007, 08:51 PM
My Indian Grandmother, not dot-dot Indian but how-how Indian, used to say that you'd go blind if you watched a dog taking a shit, little kids would turn black if they drank coffee, and that they made glue out of little kids that misbehaved in the car. But then, she also liked Wild Turkey in her iced tea. :drunk :lol

:rollin

Classic!

SpursWoman
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
:rollin

Classic!

She'd say that glue thing every time we'd go to my uncle's ranch in Hondo ... because right when you get into town, there are (were?) huge corn silos on the right side of the highway for full effect. That was the *glue* factory. :wow :lmao

SequSpur
01-11-2007, 09:29 PM
gay.............