PDA

View Full Version : Want to hit the town?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Okay, so I get into SA at about 830pm tomorrow night. I'll want to have a shower and get my sheeit together, then it's time to get busy!

Anyone want to go out on the town with me tomorrow night?

Suggestions for the best places to go? I'm in the north-west near the med centre, but I'm willing to go anywhere across the north, or even to the city although I figure that's probably better left for later in the trip.

I'll be in SA until the 28th, so anyone who wants to hang out, go for a meal, take me on a date (c'mon ladies, I may not have any game, but that means I won't be playing games and I'm 6'7" and an interesting character... or so I'm told), introduce me to the extended family, go bike riding, skydiving, steer jumping, whatever - I AM UP FOR IT!

Let's go San Antonians!

:spin :drunk :rolleyes :toast :lol

timvp
01-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Is your phone working yet? :cell

scott
01-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm at the Flying Saucer between 6-7 days a week... if you can pick me out of the crowd I'll buy you a beer.

spurschick
01-11-2007, 10:22 PM
You had me at

I'm 6'7"

scott
01-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I'll give you $500 vBookie if you fuck him

MannyIsGod
01-11-2007, 10:27 PM
looooooooooooooooooooooool

scott
01-11-2007, 10:28 PM
The offer applies to you too, Manny

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-11-2007, 10:30 PM
The offer applies to you too, Manny

He already admitted blowing a guy behind an Arby's...now you've just given him incentive.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Ruff - If you want to go out to dinner/drinks tomorrow night at 10pm, I'll set something up. Everyone from the forum is welcome to come, just tell me in this thread if you are interested.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Ruff - If you want to go out to dinner/drinks tomorrow night at 10pm, I'll set something up. Everyone from the forum is welcome to come, just tell me in this thread if you are interested.

I'd probably catch up with everybody once I get off work tomorrow night.

exstatic
01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Is Acenar open for eats that late?

RashoFan
01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I'd be interested...let me know where y'all chose ...I am not picky where.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Is Acenar open for eats that late?

No.

Ruff is calling me tonight. I'll figure out the options and post it here.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll be heading back to the hotel soon, then I'll call you Kori. My phone won't be working again until about 5pm tomorrow when I touch down in Houston.

I am wondering whether we should save dinner etc until maybe Sunday night... I dunno. Whadayareckon people, should we:
a) plan for late dinner tomorrow night as Kori suggests,
b) skip dinner and go straight to drinking and madness,
c) do a naked run down the Riverwalk,
d) all of the above.

Those who may attend, please vote. ;)

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-11-2007, 11:41 PM
I'll be heading back to the hotel soon, then I'll call you Kori. My phone won't be working again until about 5pm tomorrow when I touch down in Houston.

I am wondering whether we should save dinner etc until maybe Sunday night... I dunno. Whadayareckon people, should we:
a) plan for late dinner tomorrow night as Kori suggests,
b) skip dinner and go straight to drinking and madness,
c) do a naked run down the Riverwalk,
d) all of the above.

Those who may attend, please vote. ;)

My vote goes to wherever spurschick and RashoFan will be naked.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Dayum, I vote for that too! :lol

Kori Ellis
01-11-2007, 11:52 PM
:)

LJ and I can't stay out super late tomorrow because we have to get things done. That's why I made the dinner offer. Maybe it can be somewhere like a lounge that has dinner/bar etc. Then LJ and I can leave when we have to do so, and you guys can stay and be as rowdy as late as you want.

I'll talk to you about it when you call.

Pistons < Spurs
01-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Once again, the bonds that form here on these forums amaze me.

No where on the internets have I seen so many people going out to meet eachother in real life.

Just another example of how special ST is.

I truly hope to visit SA someday and get to a GTG.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2007, 12:19 AM

No where on the internets have I seen so many people going out to meet eachother in real life.

Hopefully you can come someday. Maybe for a Pistons-Spurs Finals :drunk

angel_luv
01-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't know if I can make it out but I'll try. :)

tlongII
01-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Some day I will make it to a GTG. Boy will you be sorry then.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Some day I will make it to a GTG. Boy will you be sorry then.

Hide the sheep.

Hell, don't even wear a wool sweater.

SequSpur
01-12-2007, 12:48 AM
i know this place on zarzamora and military..... bring your family.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I talked to Ruff. Friday night is a no-go. He's going to just hang out near the place he's staying because his flight might be late, etc.

We are going to all GTG on Sunday or Monday. Details forthcoming.

--Kori

RashoFan
01-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Sunday would be great since Monday is a holiday at work and I need to have a good night of drinking...

Mr Dio
01-12-2007, 01:56 AM

OK!! :lol

Mr Dio
01-12-2007, 01:58 AM
I talked to Ruff. Friday night is a no-go. He's going to just hang out near the place he's staying because his flight might be late, etc.

We are going to all GTG on Sunday or Monday. Details forthcoming.

--Kori

You should take him to the game and intro him to the Silver Dancers............Then he'll see just how wrong he is about SA girls & their love for non-hispanic accents. :lol

Funny thing is, a girl with an Aussie accent sounds hot but a Brit sounds shitty!

midgetonadonkey
01-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I'll say I'm going and then flake at the last second.

Taco
01-12-2007, 09:59 AM

:wow :wow

:corn:

King
01-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Sunday would be great since Monday is a holiday at work and I need to have a good night of drinking...

Aren't you like....a paramedic? You guys have holidays?

batman2883
01-12-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm going out to medusa's tonight if anyone wants to come

angel_luv
01-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I am off Sunday too. Monday I am have work till five.

spurschick
01-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Since it's vmoney, can it be a vfuck?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 01:44 PM

Is there a place where I can buy 8-inch stilts?

midgetonadonkey
01-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I'll go have a few beers with an Australian.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Okay, so I am now actually here! Feels good to be back in my home away from home.

I'm gonna get me some Taco Cabana and then hit the Oak Hills Tavern, and maybe later on go down to Grand Central Station which is near where I'm staying.

I'll check back here in an hour or two to see if anyone wants to meet up, but otherwise Sunday night/Monday arvo to watch the game sounds great.

Want to call me, PM and I'll send you my number.

I'm in town baby, time to rock n roll!!!

:elephant :toast :elephant :clap :fro

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Medusa's is a titty bar?

midgetonadonkey
01-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Okay, so I am now actually here! Feels good to be back in my home away from home.

I'm gonna get me some Taco Cabana and then hit the Oak Hills Tavern, and maybe later on go down to Grand Central Station which is near where I'm staying.

I'll check back here in an hour or two to see if anyone wants to meet up, but otherwise Sunday night/Monday arvo to watch the game sounds great.

Want to call me, PM and I'll send you my number.

I'm in town baby, time to rock n roll!!!

:elephant :toast :elephant :clap :fro

You are hitting up Grahams? I hope you have a shank with you.

RashoFan
01-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Welcome Home (away from home)

PakiDan
01-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Ok..... now I have to go VWack it. Thanks.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Oh, so GST (aka Graham's?) is a bit rough? Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll just have a quiet one. Over two weeks here to burn, so I guess there's no hurry to get out there... but a day of travelling leaves some cobwebs (man, how I hate planes! Not the flying, the seats simply don't fit me!).

Catch y'all tomorrow.

jman3000
01-13-2007, 01:16 AM
it's called graham central station... people just call it grahams for short. be prepared to be swimming in a sea of short mexicans though.

i'm 6'3 and i know i was.

tlongII
01-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Go to the River Walk. Yah, it's touristy but so what. There was some decent bars there 10 or 12 years ago.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I know the Riverwalk pretty well. Loved Moon Junction last time I was there. It's a bit of a hike though. I think we should get a group together and do the Riverwalk one or both of the next two weekends.

I thought the cabbie said "Grand Central Station". :lol Have decided I don't quite have it in me tonight, maybe next Friday... or another big club next Friday. Nothing worse than being in a place alone and you don't know who you can talk to without getting in a fight. I'm a hippy, so all I want is good music, peace, love, and interesting conversation... not necessarily in that order. :lol

I feel out of sorts right now, but that's probably just the travel and the migraine I got today (not conducive to feeling at home anywhere).

Peace... and VWacks to you all. :lmao

jman3000
01-13-2007, 01:45 AM
he probably did say grand central station.. people get it mixed up all the time.

spurschick
01-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Ok..... now I have to go VWack it. Thanks.

Isn't vworld a great place? You can be rich without working and have sex without protection. :elephant

PakiDan
01-13-2007, 02:18 PM
\

PakiDan
01-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Isn't vworld a great place? You can be rich without working and have sex without protection. :elephant

I So VOwn You! :king

... and you vlove it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Why not just ask me for a ride?

Too late now...

I ended up just hanging in the Oak Hills Tavern and ran into an old friend from last time I was here, so things worked out well in the end. Then I slept like the dead, and now feel great for tonight's game.

Anyone want to do anything tonight? I'm up for the Riverwalk if anyone wants to go there, althoughI don't know what to do with my cape and cap after the game... :lol

angel_luv
01-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Too late now...

I ended up just hanging in the Oak Hills Tavern and ran into an old friend from last time I was here, so things worked out well in the end. Then I slept like the dead, and now feel great for tonight's game.

Anyone want to do anything tonight? I'm up for the Riverwalk if anyone wants to go there, althoughI don't know what to do with my cape and cap after the game... :lol

:lol That wasn't me. Unless you wanted to go with Lov for a late night horseback ride... :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I worked that out from the picture Luv. You're a bit prettier than the horse. ;)

I thought the trolls stayed in the troll forum around here! :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Ex, you lurker, how you doin? :)

angel_luv
01-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I worked that out from the picture Luv. You're a bit prettier than the horse. ;)

I thought the trolls stayed in the troll forum around here! :lol

Thanks. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2007, 05:32 PM
So, anyone want to do anything after the game tonight???

Kori Ellis
01-13-2007, 05:37 PM
So, anyone want to do anything after the game tonight???

We can't go out because I have a lot of writing to do to this weekend. But I'm sure some people may go out after the game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2007, 05:40 PM
That's all good Kori, I know you guys are busy so that's why I'm using your wonderful forums to incite these peeps to get off their collective keisters and show me a good time.

C'mon people, I'm a lot of fun, or at least I can be if you let me! Oh, and I promise, no karaoke! Man, I bombed that so badly last time. However, i have been in Japan for two years since then so I have improved. The key is not to get fall-over drunk before you get up! :lol

Kori Ellis
01-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Ruff - One day this upcoming week, I need to go downtown to a bunch of the tourist attractions - Tower of Americas, La Villita, Market Square, San Fernando Cathedral, etc. and take pictures and stuff for my writing. That day, you are welcome to come with us -- then you can get in a lot of tourist-y activities while I get my work done. Let me know if you are interested.

Today, I'll call you when I'm about five minutes from you so that you can come outside. It should be close to 5:45-5:50.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Kori, that sounds great, I'm definitely up for that.

Once I get my bus maps I'll be mobile too, and this time if I need to catch a cab somewhere to do something I'm really up for I'm doing it. No limit on this holiday! :D

SequSpur
01-13-2007, 10:48 PM
so what is the plan?

jman3000
01-13-2007, 11:18 PM
chacho's in 20.

T Park
01-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Seriously?

Chachos?

Where is Chachos?

u2sarajevo
01-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Seriously?

Chachos?

Where is Chachos?There are 2 of them in SA. The only one I've been to is on that same freeway that leads to Shamu World...

Kori Ellis
01-14-2007, 01:37 AM
We dropped him back at his hotel after going to dinner at PF Chang's. I think he's going out to Oak Hills Tavern now.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey all, yup, since it's after midnight and I'm hone I'm not going too far I guess.

Great win tonight, fantastic seats courtesy of Kori and LJ, a delicious dinner at PF's, off to the OHT.

We're thinking about watching the game somewhere on Monday for those who aren't working, and a GTG is in the works for whenever people can make it.

T Park, sorry I missed you at the game but we will catch up. You too Sequ, looking forward to it.

Man, so glad to be here and having a ball already... oh, and the mojo is in full swing. As I said, watch the Spurs go on a streak while I'm here. Aussie magic! ;)

Peace,

Ruff

RashoFan
01-14-2007, 02:06 AM
Glad you had a great day. I'll give you a call sometime tomorrow afternnoon to see what plans you have so far.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2007, 03:34 AM
I've got nothing on tomorrow, so give me a call any time... after about 11! :)

smeagol
01-14-2007, 10:56 AM

Agreed 100%.

I hope I can go to SA soon and go to a GTG to meet everyone.

jman3000
01-14-2007, 12:24 PM
I know he's from New Zealand and all.. but once you said you were 6'7 I just picture a shorter version of Sean Marks walking around town.

RashoFan
01-14-2007, 05:34 PM
I've got nothing on tomorrow, so give me a call any time... after about 11! :)
I'll give ya a call later on this evening...woke up late and I have to do a few things.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2007, 05:51 PM
jman - New Zealand? WTF? You be trippin, dawg. I'm OzStyle man, AUSTRALIAN. Don't be dissin' me like dat! (Sorry, I just caught the end of 8 Mile and it always brings out the white rapper in me. I may be a middle class white boy, but De La, Tribe and PE changed my life back in 1991...).

And I look nothin like Sean Marks
Unlike me, his dunks don't make sparks
Damn, Jim, I may be slim
But when I dunk I rattle the rim
Yeah, I know, I'm totally lame
As we all know that goes along wit ma game
But don' hold it against me, you know it ain't no thing
Cause wherever I go, there's so much more I that bring
Peace

:nope :smokin :drunk :spin :lmao

Rashofan - aight. Any time. :)

1Parker1
01-14-2007, 05:53 PM
:lol Damn, San Antonio is turnin him into Jay-Z. Guess it has that affect on people....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Man, I hate mainstream bling rappers like Jay Z... Kanye West is cool though. Bring me Native Tounges and Solesides, Pharcyde, NAS, old PE, even a bit of Tone Loc (Loced After Dark is a highly underrated cruising album).

I'm just playin' wit ya... or maybe myself! :lol ;)

Later for now, I'll check back in a few hours.

Shelly
01-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Man, I hate mainstream bling rappers like Jay Z... Kanye West is cool though. Bring me Native Tounges and Solesides, Pharcyde, NAS, old PE, even a bit of Tone Loc (Loced After Dark is a highly underrated cruising album).

I'm just playin' wit ya... or maybe myself! :lol ;)

Later for now, I'll check back in a few hours.

And here I thought you were a big Midnight Oil fan! :lol

Isn't the singer bing in politics down there?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
And here I thought you were a big Midnight Oil fan! :lol

Isn't the singer bing in politics down there?

Yup, Peter Garrett. He's a lawyer, an environmentalist, and now Shadow Minister for environment and indiginous affairs. he's a man of vision and principle, and the only thing I disagree with him on is that he is a right-to-lifer where I am pro-choice.

I think he'd make a great Australian Prime Minister in about 5 years.

Oh, and I do love Midnight Oil and all sorts of other oz rock, indie and alt rock, classic rock, jazz, hip hop, progressive house, classical... just about anything but pop or death metal... and that's not even true because I do like some '80s pop. I have eclectic tastes. You?