PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers to open all-you-can-eat section

leemajors
01-11-2007, 09:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2728273

LOS ANGELES -- Right field at Dodger Stadium used to feature cheap seats. This year, there will be lots of food and seats that are no longer cheap.

The Los Angeles Dodgers are converting their right-field pavilion into all-you-can-eat bleachers. Takers will have access to as many hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos and soft drinks as they want.

"Instead of paying cash, fans ask for whatever they want, and they get it. There are going to be some self-service parts, buffet-style, as well," said Dodgers executive vice president and chief operating officer Marty Greenspun.

Around 3,000 seats right-field seats will be sold for $35 in advance and $40 on game day with the all-you-can-eat special.

Left-field tickets, meanwhile, will sell for $10.

The stadium's cheapest seats, in the top deck, will go for $10 next season instead of $6.

Greenspun said the Dodgers tested the all-you-can-eat concept three times late last season.

"The response was overwhelmingly positive," he said.

A few other teams have had all-you-can-eat sections.

"The St. Louis Cardinals have done it," Greenspun said. "It hasn't been anything of this size."

In addition, he said, "the other ballparks charge a higher rate than this."

There are limitations. The food booths open 90 minutes before games and close two hours after it begins. And if someone asks for 100 Dodger Dogs, that won't fly.

"If a person goes up there and asks for four for his family, he won't be told no," said Camille Johnston, the Dodgers senior vice president of communications.

All-you-can-eat isn't exactly the most health-conscious concept these days, but as Greenspun put it: "We're offering a fan amenity. Fans can elect to choose it or not choose it. We are offering basic ballpark fare that most fans enjoy."

Besides, the most fattening foods -- beer, ice cream and candy -- aren't part of the package. They will be sold at regular ballpark prices.

hahahaha

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Fillmoe's mom just bought season tickets.

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Is this their master plan to offset all the money the team is going to have to pay out for the contracts they gave Luis Gonzalez and Jason Schmidt recently?
I hope the Dodgers suck more than ever this year!

T Park
01-12-2007, 02:12 AM
Uhhh, I don't remember the Cardinals ever doing that...

TheSanityAnnex
01-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Uhhh, I don't remember the Cardinals ever doing that...

:secretly furious he missed those games:

METALMiKE
01-12-2007, 05:38 PM
If an SA MLB team would do this with tacos or something, they'd sell out every game :lmao

Willinsa
01-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Dodger dog are the shit, I ate 3 the last time I went to a dodgers game. May have to make a trip for the all you can eat.

stevallica
01-12-2007, 10:43 PM
wow america is fat.

K-State Spur
01-13-2007, 02:59 AM
this just in ---- sidney ponson demands trade to LA.

baseline bum
01-14-2007, 08:52 PM
An extra $30 just to stuff yourself with cheap-ass hot dogs and nachos? How can people be this stupid? Who actually spends $30 on himself for crappy stadium food, not counting beer?

Marcus Bryant
01-14-2007, 11:53 PM
$30? That's like half a beer at any pro sporting event nowadays.

Extra Stout
01-15-2007, 12:20 AM
An extra $30 just to stuff yourself with cheap-ass hot dogs and nachos? How can people be this stupid? Who actually spends $30 on himself for crappy stadium food, not counting beer?
This is part of the Dodgers' ongoing East L.A. outreach.

Willinsa
01-17-2007, 06:06 PM

I can tell you have never had a dodger dog.