PDA

View Full Version : Khryapa in the Game

Mr. Body
01-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Viktor Khryapa has been mentioned as a SF we could pry away from Chicago. He's getting time right now vs. New Jersey partly due to Luol Deng sucking. It's on right now on TNT. He's playing nice defense on Vince Carter.

Texas_Ranger
01-11-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm watching the game and I'm surprised with his good D on Vince. He could be a good player for the Spurs.

Mr. Body
01-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Mikki Moore ...13 and 12 and 2 blocks
Ben Wallace ...0 and 6 and 2 blocks

Mikki Moore ...$1.07 million
Ben Wallace ...$16 million, plus 3 more years

Jesus

exstatic
01-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, they're NOT going to be able to re-sign Deng AND Nocioni AND Khryapa, all playing essentially the same position. He'll be a RFA in '08. He's 6'9" and can shoot the long ball a bit and rebound, and apparently defend the wing.

Duncanoypi
01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
hahaha...stupid foul by Kryapa....

Mr. Body
01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Damn, Nocioni rocks.

Some have suggested Scola for Khryapa (something like Bonner+Scola, but that was before Bonner was getting time and being productive), but I think that's selling Scola cheap. I wonder what they'd want for this guy.

I'm not sure he's starter material, though.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2007, 10:45 PM
He's definitely got the white ethnicity...ummm I mean the right ethnicity to be a Spur.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Well, they're NOT going to be able to re-sign Deng AND Nocioni AND Khryapa, all playing essentially the same position. He'll be a RFA in '08. He's 6'9" and can shoot the long ball a bit and rebound, and apparently defend the wing.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the answer to the cap space in 2008 plan. :vomit:

mountainballer
01-12-2007, 04:16 AM

yes, but they might think this way. Deng and Nocioni will demand quite big money.
they can't resign all of the young players to big contracts, so they might use one for a trade and keep the much cheaper Khryapa.
Deng will demand close to the max and Nocioni will get more than MLE, Khryapa is this typical 2nd string guy, who plays for a 2-3 million/year (half MLE) contract.(like Elson on the Spurs for example)

but anyhow, he is a player, who does a lot of things the Spurs would desperatly need. and he is one of the guys, who might be able to defend Dirk (once he avoids to get in foul trouble)