PDA

View Full Version : A Spider

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2007, 10:38 PM
One of my best friends in high school drove one of these bad little cars. I've driven the Mini Cooper and I have to say that the Fiat Spider had them beat. They're fun little cars.

My buddy's junior year he'd park in the senior lot even though he wasn't supposed to and as a result the seniors would pick up his car and put it on the gym steps...or in one of the baseball dugouts, or in the middle of the campus 'park' area (get the funny pun...park? I'm hilarious!)

Anyway, it was a sweet ride until he got stoned one night and drove it off the road up on Sandia Crest. For some reason rolling a car down a 30-foot slope isn't on the prescribed care schedule for one of these little babies.

My friend was ok. Walked away with barely a scratch on him. I swear this guy has nine lives and I witnessed the loss of at least six of them over the years.

Anyway, I was going to submit his experience to Fiat as a potential advertisement for their cars: "The Fiat Spider...drive it off a mountain and you'll walk away without a scratch."

The safest, most dependable car on the road...ever.

http://www.international-auto.com/images/originals/Lee_Johnson.jpg