PDA

View Full Version : Blast rips through U.S. Embassy in Athens (Breaking)

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Breaking news on MSNBC.com, CNN.com.

ATX Spur
01-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Updated: 6 minutes ago
ATHENS - An explosion ripped through the U.S. embassy compound in central Athens on Friday, a police source said.

It was not clear what caused the blast and there was no immediate word on whether there were any casualties.

Police cordoned off all roads around the embassy.

Police officials at the scene said that whatever caused the explosion damaged the official embassy sign outside the mission, but there was little other indication of the extent of damage inside.

This developing story will be updated as details become available.

ObiwanGinobili
01-12-2007, 12:21 AM
on of our embassy's was blown up and CNN is still showing LarryKing interviewing steve irwin's widow???
:wtf

ashbeeigh
01-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Well, they're talking about Rosie and the Donald on FNC. :wtf

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2007, 12:32 AM
on of our embassy's was blown up and CNN is still showing LarryKing interviewing steve irwin's widow???
:wtf

Beat me to it. They probably feel like it vindicates Bush in some way in his war on terror. Gotta put it on page 6...

tlongII
01-12-2007, 12:35 AM
No injuries reported. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal at this point.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Beat me to it. They probably feel like it vindicates Bush in some way in his war on terror. Gotta put it on page 6...

Which is why FNC is showing Hannity and Colmes, right?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Which is why FNC is showing Hannity and Colmes, right?

Alan Colmes got a lot blonder and prettier.

Oh, yeah...still H & C.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 12:52 AM
The U.S. Ambassador to Greece looks like the girl from the new GoDaddy.com commercials in FNC's Breaking News coverage of the embassy explosions, but it's weird - it has the Hannity and Colmes logo, there's a big-breasted girl talking about "This year's Super Bowl ad you may not be allowed to see."

That must be some new language I hadn't heard that really reads "Explosions at U.S. embassy in Athens."

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 01:01 AM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9551/photo011107003ff6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 01:05 AM
So while I was uploading the photo, that blue-state loving Fox News Channel brought in noted broadcast journalist Greta Van Susteren to talk about Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell.

Fucking commies.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 01:19 AM
For those of you without access to Freedom Fighting Fox News, first off, get a better cable provider, but for the time being, Reuters...

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=newsOne&storyID=2007-01-12T055011Z_01_L12389479_RTRUKOC_0_US-GREECE-EXPLOSION.xml&WTmodLoc=Home-C1-TopStories-newsOne-2

PixelPusher
01-12-2007, 01:36 AM
"My Fox guys, I love every single one of them." - Condi Rice

ashbeeigh
01-12-2007, 01:36 AM
For those of you without access to Freedom Fighting Fox News, first off, get a better cable provider, but for the time being, Reuters...
[/url]

Thanks for the Reuters update, JB. It doesn't sound too serious, we''l just see how it plays out during the night (day). As for my FNC comment, it's just what I automatically go through, 60 (Fox), 62 (MSNBC), 35 (CNN).

T Park
01-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Whats with Johnny? :wtf

ObiwanGinobili
01-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the Reuters update, JB. It doesn't sound too serious, we''l just see how it plays out during the night (day). As for my FNC comment, it's just what I automatically go through, 60 (Fox), 62 (MSNBC), 35 (CNN).

Ash, that commment went right oiver your head- he was directing it at AHF.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Whats with Johnny? :wtf

What do you mean "What's with me?"?

I'm sick and tired of people blaming every mistake the media makes on left/right shit.

Obi hit the nail right on the head, but AHF, who is a smart guy, comes in and bends the nail to the left. It couldn't just be that all three stations had mental burps when it came to deciding whether to cover this or not, because if an embassy explodes and local officials are saying they don't think it was an accident, I'm going on-air if I'm a producer, even if only to run my catchy breaking news sound and graphics and say "An embassy exploded."

Every perceived slight by media watchers/readers is some sort of personal vendetta by the reporter nowadays and frankly, damn near everybody I know in this industry simply doesn't have the time nor the inclination to write/broadcast something out of spite towards somebody/something else.

Last night's lack of coverage couldn't be because maybe all three news networks didn't have any correspondents in Athens at 6 in the damned morning, could it? The producers couldn't have said "Well, we don't have anybody on the scene, so we won't say anything yet" (which would have been stupid if that's the way it went down).

That's what's with me.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
How hard is it to pick up the feed from Greek news?

I posted what I did because at the time I flipped to CNN and saw nothing, and then flipped to Fox and they broke in to mention the bombing and said they'd have more details when they could.

*shrugs*

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
How hard is it to pick up the feed from Greek news?

I posted what I did because at the time I flipped to CNN and saw nothing, and then flipped to Fox and they broke in to mention the bombing and said they'd have more details when they could.

*shrugs*

Exactly. Why couldn't FNC do the same? Or were they afraid of "vindicating Bush in the war on terror?"

And also, why not break in to let people who were tuning in to see Greta Van Susteren's show about the explosion in the same way you observed?

ashbeeigh
01-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Ash, that commment went right oiver your head- he was directing it at AHF.

:lmao, I went to bed seconds after I hit "submit reply."

spurschick
01-12-2007, 01:38 PM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9551/photo011107003ff6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

My monitor tilted to the right when I viewed this post.

Slomo
01-12-2007, 02:37 PM
My monitor tilted to the right when I viewed this post.:lol:lol:lol