PDA

View Full Version : Why is Phoenix so good?

Amarelooms
01-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Please do tell.....

Texas_Ranger
01-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Nash.

MrChug
01-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Two words.

Anal Bleaching.

1Parker1
01-12-2007, 10:55 AM
"Why is Pheonix so good?"

...in only the regular season

Shank
01-12-2007, 10:58 AM
The Colts.

stretch
01-12-2007, 11:00 AM
"Why is Pheonix so good?"

...in only the regular season
exactly.

dave
01-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Pat Burke

Borosai
01-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Not-so-serious answer: Most teams don't play good defense, and try to keep up with them on offense. The Suns have very good shooters, and when they are hot, they are vagina hot. And with Nash distributing the potato with gravy, you're gonna have some easy shots coming your way.

Serious answer: Like Mr. Chug said, anal bleaching.

MrChug
01-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Not-so-serious answer: Most teams don't play good defense, and try to keep up with them on offense. The Suns have very good shooters, and when they are hot, they are vagina hot. And with Nash distributing the potato with gravy, you're gonna have some easy shots coming your way.

Serious answer: Like Mr. Chug said, anal bleaching.

:lmao

johngateswhiteley
01-12-2007, 11:28 AM
they're not.

cornbread
01-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Sean Marks.

mabber
01-12-2007, 12:03 PM
They play differently than everyone else so it takes some time to get used to how to defend them. Eastern conference teams don't see them very often so it's very tough on them. The Suns are actually easier to play in a playoff series than 2-4 separate games in the regular season cuz you have time to figure out how to slow down their offense.

DarkReign
01-12-2007, 01:06 PM
They play differently than everyone else so it takes some time to get used to how to defend them. Eastern conference teams don't see them very often so it's very tough on them. The Suns are actually easier to play in a playoff series than 2-4 separate games in the regular season cuz you have time to figure out how to slow down their offense.

Best response yet. Theyre hard to gameplan for during the regular season because you only see them a few times.

In the playoffs, you have 2 games to see exactly what theyre doing and how to stop it.

peskypesky
01-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Nash, D'Antoni, Stoudamire, Marion

in that order...

mabber
01-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Nash, D'Antoni, Stoudamire, Marion

in that order...

I actually think Diaw is more important to that team than Marion come playoff time. He can actually play and contribute in the halfcourt game that most games come down to in the 4th quarter.

JamStone
01-12-2007, 02:12 PM
The women in Phoenix are hot, and they don't beat up their NBA husbands.

And, anal bleaching.

stretch
01-12-2007, 03:49 PM
they're not.
well JGW, we actually agree on something for once. amazing, isn't it?

timvp
01-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Please do tell.....

Fan loyalty.

dirk4mvp
01-12-2007, 04:27 PM
The Irish guy.

Bartzini
01-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Steve Nash is why they are good.

He is capable of getting them such ridiculously easy looks almost every possesion. I watched about half of their game last night against cleveland..and was amazed at some of the passes nash got off. I think in the 7 min of the second quarter i happen to watch, i saw nash get close to 10 assists. Not just easy peasy passes..like between the leg spinning bounce passes that just went right into the hands of the shooter.

I was in awe...

I believe if Nash was injured or not on the team, they would be drastically worse...

dirk4mvp
01-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I believe if Nash was injured or not on the team, they would be drastically worse...

I agree with this. Nit trying to jinx anything on anybody, but if it was Nash who was out instead of Amare, they would've struggled alot last year.

mabber
01-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Steve Nash is why they are good.

He is capable of getting them such ridiculously easy looks almost every possesion. I watched about half of their game last night against cleveland..and was amazed at some of the passes nash got off. I think in the 7 min of the second quarter i happen to watch, i saw nash get close to 10 assists. Not just easy peasy passes..like between the leg spinning bounce passes that just went right into the hands of the shooter.

I was in awe...

I agree, they'd be significantly worse which is why he's been voted the MVP the last 2 seasons.

tlongII
01-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Nash and D'Antoni. Their system would not work nearly as well with any other point guard, but with Nash it's nearly unstoppable. If they're healthy in the playoffs nobody is going to beat them. I heard D'Antoni scrimmages them with an 8 second shot clock. Their basic plan is to get more shots off than their opponent so they speed everything up. Pretty crazy stuff, but with Nash it works.

mabber
01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Nash and D'Antoni. Their system would not work nearly as well with any other point guard, but with Nash it's nearly unstoppable. If they're healthy in the playoffs nobody is going to beat them. I heard D'Antoni scrimmages them with an 8 second shot clock. Their basic plan is to get more shots off than their opponent so they speed everything up. Pretty crazy stuff, but with Nash it works.

Nobody other than Dallas or San Antonio.

stretch
01-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Nobody other than Dallas or San Antonio.
the Lakers too.

BillsCarnage
01-12-2007, 11:00 PM
You all can mock them all you want, but this team is getting better each game. They're playing for the PO's. They're just fine tuning and defining roles in the regular season now.

Now that James Jones is stepping up they have a solid 8-man rotation and when Nash is out Diaw or Barbosa is controlling the team. Banks will be traded so that will allow someone else to step into the 9 spot. I'd like to see Rose or Jumaine Jones get that depending on what the team needs. Offense or Defense.

Amare is really getting his legs back and becoming much better on the weak side D especially getting the blocks. Statistically the Suns are holding their own w/ Dallas and SA, but the one stat that jumps out to me is the charges. They're #1 in taking the charge. Isn't that defense?

The Suns and Mavs have shown they're the teams to beat and everyone else is a tier below right now.

stretch
01-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Statistically the Suns are holding their own w/ Dallas and SA, but the one stat that jumps out to me is the charges. They're #1 in taking the charge. Isn't that defense?

The Suns and Mavs have shown they're the teams to beat and everyone else is a tier below right now.

yes, it is defense. unfortunately, the stat that matters most is the wins. so far they are... umm... 0-3 against the Mavs and Spurs. sure, all that matters in the playoffs, but so far, there is no question that the Mavericks are better than them, not on the same level, considering they dont have as good of a record, and are 0-2 against them. you can argue they are on the same level or better than the Spurs, but so far, they havent done too well against elite teams period, so I cant say that they are ahead of the Spurs.

Tradition
01-13-2007, 01:42 AM
yes, it is defense. unfortunately, the stat that matters most is the wins. so far they are... umm... 0-3 against the Mavs and Spurs. sure, all that matters in the playoffs, but so far, there is no question that the Mavericks are better than them, not on the same level, considering they dont have as good of a record, and are 0-2 against them. you can argue they are on the same level or better than the Spurs, but so far, they havent done too well against elite teams period, so I cant say that they are ahead of the Spurs.

The Mavs havent proven they can beat a HEALTHY suns team in a 7 game series. Hell you couldnt beat them without Joe Johnson and needed them to suffer with 3 injuries to beat them last year. Also Miami was pathetic against the elites last year and yet they won the title.

u2sarajevo
01-13-2007, 01:46 AM
The Mavs havent proven they can beat a HEALTHY suns team in a 7 game series. Hell you couldnt beat them without Joe Johnson and needed them to suffer with 3 injuries to beat them last year. Also Miami was pathetic against the elites last year and yet they won the title.You are right about Miami.... so does that mean the Suns traded for Wade?

Sacramental
01-13-2007, 02:58 AM
fuck the suns

Sacramental
01-13-2007, 02:59 AM
the city of phoenix sucks by the way, been there and left a.s.a.p.

mavsfan1000
01-13-2007, 03:26 AM
I went to Phoenix once and all I ended up with was a rash.

Winnipeg_Spur
01-13-2007, 03:39 AM
They're got a philosophy that the whole team is committed to and believes in, as well as personnel built around that philosophy (starting with Nash, of course).

That's more than most teams.

tempe85
01-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Haha I love it... instead of making a good arguement against the Suns you resort to insulting the city. By the way isn't Dallas one of the fatest cities in the entire world? You probably can't go 10 feet without seeing a fatty walk by. :lol

RonMexico
01-13-2007, 05:55 AM
It's no wonder why independent, objective sportswriters declare that Mark Cuban has created a culture of hate and spawned a bunch of bleating homers that don't give any respect to other teams... now they don't even respect to other cities? I've been to Dallas as well, and I'll say Fort Worth is much better. Dallas is full of a lot of douchebags, fat people, and dumb chicks who think they're movie stars. Fort Worth has many more down to earth people.

mavsfan1000
01-13-2007, 05:59 AM
It's no wonder why independent, objective sportswriters declare that Mark Cuban has created a culture of hate and spawned a bunch of bleating homers that don't give any respect to other teams... now they don't even respect to other cities? I've been to Dallas as well, and I'll say Fort Worth is much better. Dallas is full of a lot of douchebags, fat people, and dumb chicks who think they're movie stars. Fort Worth has many more down to earth people.
Better going there than to a desert. lol

BillsCarnage
01-13-2007, 11:51 AM
yes, it is defense. unfortunately, the stat that matters most is the wins. so far they are... umm... 0-3 against the Mavs and Spurs.

Very true, but what good teams do is clean up on the garbage teams and roll the dice against the other contenders. The thing about the suns that i keep saying is that in all of their loses, especially early on, is that they had some big leads w/ several in the 4th qtr. They were out of shape and couldn't hold leads. They needed to learn how to close games out. Which is seems like they're getting much better at.

The Suns have yet to be "blown out" this year w the largest loss being 8pts. That's something w/ the Spurs teams of the past that i always remember - even when struggling they rarely got blown out. While the Mavs seem to be wanting to make a statement in the reg season by beating the other contending teams the Suns are working for the PO's.

You all are reading way too much into the first 6gms of the season.

And for the butt monkey knocking the city? This coming from "Cow town USA". Take the Kings away and you're nothing more than another redneck shit hole.

stretch
01-13-2007, 03:53 PM
The Mavs havent proven they can beat a HEALTHY suns team in a 7 game series. Hell you couldnt beat them without Joe Johnson and needed them to suffer with 3 injuries to beat them last year. Also Miami was pathetic against the elites last year and yet they won the title.well, if you wanna use that logic, there is no way in hell then that the Suns are anywhere close to the level of the Spurs, simply because 2 years ago, the Spurs absolutely owned the Suns asses. then last year, the Mavs beat the Spurs, therefore the Mavs MUST be FAR superior to the Suns with your logic.

td4mvp21
01-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Better going there than to a desert. lol

Have you ever been to Phoenix? By the sound of your ignorant posts, it doesn't appear that you have. It's probably one of the prettiest cities I've been to. The mountains are amazing. And from what I saw, it wasn't dirty.

stretch
01-13-2007, 03:58 PM
who gives a shit about what the city is like? we are talking about basketball. not who lives in the fucking city. you guys are fucking pathetic. its one thing for Cuban to make a joke about San Antonio and the riverwalk. its another thing to actually think that insulting a city means half a damn. we are talking about basketball, and right now, the Mavericks are the best team in the NBA, no question about it. all that really matters however, is the playoffs. but for the time being, the Mavs are on top of the league. they are NOT equal to the Suns, or worse than the Suns, like some of you fucking morons think.

RonMexico
01-13-2007, 04:04 PM
who gives a shit about what the city is like? we are talking about basketball. not who lives in the fucking city. you guys are fucking pathetic. its one thing for Cuban to make a joke about San Antonio and the riverwalk. its another thing to actually think that insulting a city means half a damn. we are talking about basketball, and right now, the Mavericks are the best team in the NBA, no question about it. all that really matters however, is the playoffs. but for the time being, the Mavs are on top of the league. they are NOT equal to the Suns, or worse than the Suns, like some of you fucking morons think.

We didn't start the city bashing.... it's so ironic that you start the immaturity and then blast Suns fans for responding to it... you're a fucking retard.

Typical stretch argument: "Phoenix is a dirty/shitty city."

Suns' fan response: "I guess you've never been there."

stretch response: "Shut the fuck up about cities - we're talking about ballin' here."

mabber
01-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Very true, but what good teams do is clean up on the garbage teams and roll the dice against the other contenders. The thing about the suns that i keep saying is that in all of their loses, especially early on, is that they had some big leads w/ several in the 4th qtr. They were out of shape and couldn't hold leads. They needed to learn how to close games out. Which is seems like they're getting much better at.

The Suns have yet to be "blown out" this year w the largest loss being 8pts. That's something w/ the Spurs teams of the past that i always remember - even when struggling they rarely got blown out. While the Mavs seem to be wanting to make a statement in the reg season by beating the other contending teams the Suns are working for the PO's.

You all are reading way too much into the first 6gms of the season.

And for the butt monkey knocking the city? This coming from "Cow town USA". Take the Kings away and you're nothing more than another redneck shit hole.

So the Suns aren't really that interested in beating the other top teams in the regular season??? :lol :drunk

Tradition
01-13-2007, 04:22 PM
well, if you wanna use that logic, there is no way in hell then that the Suns are anywhere close to the level of the Spurs, simply because 2 years ago, the Spurs absolutely owned the Suns asses. then last year, the Mavs beat the Spurs, therefore the Mavs MUST be FAR superior to the Suns with your logic.

Very true about the Suns having yet to prove they can beat the Spurs in a 7 game series but that is off the point. The point is the Suns have proven they can eliminate the Mavs when Amare is playing but the Mavs have yet to do that. Beat the Suns in a series WITH Amare in the lineup then spew your shit talking about how the Suns arent on your level.

ponky
01-13-2007, 04:39 PM
because the east is so bad...having played over 50% of their allotted east games, the suns know this all too well

StylisticS
01-13-2007, 04:57 PM
By the way isn't Dallas one of the fatest cities in the entire world? You probably can't go 10 feet without seeing a fatty walk by. :lol

No, it's not. And if you think it is, stop reading Men's journal magazine. They both are suburban style cities anyway with Dallas being a bit more urban.

RonMexico
01-13-2007, 06:23 PM
No, it's not. And if you think it is, stop reading Men's journal magazine. They both are suburban style cities anyway with Dallas being a bit more urban.

Dallas has some fatties - there's just enough fake titties around to make you ignore the other... strange ones...

StylisticS
01-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Dallas has some fatties...
yeah, they do. in a good way too
check summerbunnies.com

Amare_32
01-13-2007, 08:37 PM
The Colts.

Colts - 15

Ravens - 6 (NFL's stingiest defense)
________
LAKEWOOD ASSEMBLY (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Lakewood_Assembly)
________
MAJOHARDICK cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/MAJOHARDICK)

BillsCarnage
01-14-2007, 12:58 AM
So the Suns aren't really that interested in beating the other top teams in the regular season??? :lol :drunk

The Heat didn't seem too concerned about it last year.

:fro

dirk4mvp
01-14-2007, 01:52 AM
The Heat didn't seem too concerned about it last year.

:fro

Suns must haven't been concerned either. The only thing they were worried about was blowing kisses and ripping shit off from a fucking wrestler.

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/tim_thomas_hand_060423_220.jpg

Shit, at least bring Q back. His celebration was much better.

http://www.chicagodogtrainer.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/quentinrichardson.jpg.w300h334.jpg

Celtic Pride
01-14-2007, 02:16 AM
I agree, they'd be significantly worse which is why he's been voted the MVP the last 2 seasons.

I hope that is not the reason why he won 2 MVP. The Suns have more All-Stars than the Mavs. Does that mean the Suns All-Stars are not True All-Stars? Why is it that Nash leaves the Mavs for more cash and the Mavs get better and better after he leaves? If Dirk is not playing, do the Mavs suffer more than the Suns with out Nash? Nash only does his job on the offensive end and Dirk does the job on the offensive and defensive end. Just think if Nash had to play under Avery? Maybe that is why he left, he didn't want to play Defense. Why is Phoenix so good? Style of play.

Tradition
01-14-2007, 02:22 AM
I hope that is not the reason why he won 2 MVP. The Suns have more All-Stars than the Mavs. Does that mean the Suns All-Stars are not True All-Stars? Why is it that Nash leaves the Mavs for more cash and the Mavs get better and better after he leaves? If Dirk is not playing, do the Mavs suffer more than the Suns with out Nash? Nash only does his job on the offensive end and Dirk does the job on the offensive and defensive end. Just think if Nash had to play under Avery? Maybe that is why he left, he didn't want to play Defense. Why is Phoenix so good? Style of play.

:lol :lol Your celts may have 16 world titles but they are not the best team in NBA history. You havent been anything close to a title contender in quite some time while the Lakers cant say the same thing.

RonMexico
01-14-2007, 02:41 AM

Yeah, you pretty much forget what your 1980s teams were like - giving up 140+ points in the Finals to the Lakers and running and gunning. I guess Bird didn't make players like Ainge, Walton, Chris Ford, KC Jones, etc. better... Btw, Auerbach, Cousy, and Russell pretty much invented the fast breaking style of play.

RonMexico
01-14-2007, 02:48 AM
Suns must haven't been concerned either. The only thing they were worried about was blowing kisses and ripping shit off from a fucking wrestler.

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/tim_thomas_hand_060423_220.jpg

Shit, at least bring Q back. His celebration was much better.

http://www.chicagodogtrainer.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/quentinrichardson.jpg.w300h334.jpg

Suns don't have either of them anymore, so I don't see what your point is. I've never seen anyone get on a player who was with a team only 2 months more than you have regarding Tim Thomas. You must have a huge hard-on for him or something... I just can't figure it out.

You sit here and act like those two guys were the faces of the organization... I rip on Terry/Dirk/Howard who are pretty much your "big 3" down there, so I don't understand the focus on guys no longer with the team. If you want me to, I can start talking about Flagrant "Pussy" McGee (Stackhouse) whose fake toughness act is getting old really quick. I guess he has a chip on his shoulder from sucking it up all these years. I could also rip on Adrian Griffin and his bullshit rubbing it in dunk at the end of the WCF last year and his bug-eyed elbowing of Marion in Game 5, but I don't because the two of them are inconsequential pieces of shit.

By the way, Thomas called Dirk a "big ass pussy" before blowing the kiss, which was probably just foreshadowing his Finals' collapse.

Celtic Pride
01-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Yeah, you pretty much forget what your 1980s teams were like - giving up 140+ points in the Finals to the Lakers and running and gunning. I guess Bird didn't make players like Ainge, Walton, Chris Ford, KC Jones, etc. better... Btw, Auerbach, Cousy, and Russell pretty much invented the fast breaking style of play.

Back then, I think the game was played way different. Even farther back, the 3pt. line wasn't part of the game.
Last I checked even the games were officiated differently.
Whats your point? You think the Suns are as good as my old teams? Yet Bird has more MVP than Nash and more rings. Why is Nash even mentioned with players like that. Nash himself even said he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with thelikes of Bird.

dirk4mvp
01-14-2007, 03:02 AM
By the way, Thomas called Dirk a "big ass pussy" before blowing the kiss, which was probably just foreshadowing his Finals' collapse.

I thought it foreshadowed the 50 points Dirk dropped on his scrub ass the game after?

dirk4mvp
01-14-2007, 03:02 AM
Suns don't have either of them anymore, so I don't see what your point is. I've never seen anyone get on a player who was with a team only 2 months more than you have regarding Tim Thomas. You must have a huge hard-on for him or something... I just can't figure it out.

You sit here and act like those two guys were the faces of the organization... I rip on Terry/Dirk/Howard who are pretty much your "big 3" down there, so I don't understand the focus on guys no longer with the team. If you want me to, I can start talking about Flagrant "Pussy" McGee (Stackhouse) whose fake toughness act is getting old really quick. I guess he has a chip on his shoulder from sucking it up all these years. I could also rip on Adrian Griffin and his bullshit rubbing it in dunk at the end of the WCF last year and his bug-eyed elbowing of Marion in Game 5, but I don't because the two of them are inconsequential pieces of shit.

because I can rip on them. And all you'll do is sit back and bitch.

dirk4mvp
01-14-2007, 03:04 AM
And Stackhouse has more toughness in his toenail he clipped off yesterday than all the suns players combined.

mabber
01-14-2007, 11:24 AM

The Suns would struggle much more than w/o Nash than Dallas w/o Dirk. Amare & Marion get a big portion of their points off passes from Nash. The Sun's offensive system is great but it really leans on Nash's ability to get their players the ball in the right position to score and no is better at doing that right now than Nash.

While Marion is a good defender & rebounder I think he'd really struggle scoring points w/o Nash. As I've said before, Marion is really not much of a factor late in playoff games when there's much more halfcourt offense being played.

Amare would struggle early but I think he's talented enough to learn to play well on the offensive end without Nash.

RonMexico
01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
because I can rip on them. And all you'll do is sit back and bitch.

Again - making no sense.

Xylus
01-14-2007, 06:28 PM
While Marion is a good defender & rebounder I think he'd really struggle scoring points w/o Nash. As I've said before, Marion is really not much of a factor late in playoff games when there's much more halfcourt offense being played.
Wrong. Marion was a near 20-and-10 guy before Nash showed up... I don't think he'd have a problem, since he produces a good portion of his own offense on putbacks and jumpers.

mabber
01-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Wrong. Marion was a near 20-and-10 guy before Nash showed up... I don't think he'd have a problem, since he produces a good portion of his own offense on putbacks and jumpers.

If that's the case then why was he such a non-factor in their halfcourt offense late in games in the Mav series? Is it just against the Mavs? There were times in those games that I wasn't even sure he was in the game.

td4mvp21
01-14-2007, 06:43 PM

Yeah he was, but he's not as effective without Nash. He gets a lot of fast break opportunities. He's still a good player without Nash though.

mavs>spurs2
01-14-2007, 06:51 PM
If you want me to, I can start talking about Flagrant "Pussy" McGee (Stackhouse) whose fake toughness act is getting old really quick. I guess he has a chip on his shoulder from sucking it up all these years.

Was Stackhouse sucking it up when he scored almost 30ppg in 00-01? Or was that before you started watching basketball? Also, Stackhouse is tougher than ANYONE, YES ANYONE, on that soft no defense suns team of yours. Except for maybe Stoudamire, he is one of few players on that roster without a vagina.

dirk4mvp
01-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Again - making no sense.

:cry

RonMexico
01-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Was Stackhouse sucking it up when he scored almost 30ppg in 00-01? Or was that before you started watching basketball? Also, Stackhouse is tougher than ANYONE, YES ANYONE, on that soft no defense suns team of yours. Except for maybe Stoudamire, he is one of few players on that roster without a vagina.

No, he still sucked back then - he couldn't handle being second fiddle to Grant Hill or when he was coached by Doug Collins

Doug Collins
01-14-2007, 10:15 PM
No, he still sucked back then - he couldn't handle being second fiddle to Grant Hill or when he was coached by Doug Collins

Stackhouse was and still is a big-browed pussy.