-Rashad Evans vs. Sean Salmon
-Heath Herring vs. Jake O'Brien
-Hermes Franca vs. Spencer Fisher

Preliminary Bouts:
-Josh Burkman vs. Chad Reiner
-Ed Herman vs. Chris Price
-Din Thomas vs. Clay Guida
-Rich Clementi vs. Ross Pointon
(Seth Petruzelli vs. Hector Ramirez is off due to an ankle injury suffered by Ramirez...they're looking for a last minute replacement)

WTF?? Marquardt and Lister has been replaced on the main card by Fisher and Franca...it's now the "swing bout"...(may not be broadcast)

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.fightCard&eid=378

That fight should be for the #1 contender at MW and it could possibly be un-aired? That makes no sense. Realistically it will be aired since there are only 3 fights above it, but regardles...I don't get it...

Can't wait to see Herring - O'Brien...Fisher - Franca should be a great fight too... :fro

cornbread
01-12-2007, 12:43 PM
WTF?? Marquardt and Lister has been replaced on the main card by Fisher and Franca...it's now the "swing bout"...(may not be broadcast)

That fight should be for the #1 contender at MW and it could possibly be un-aired? That makes no sense. Realistically it will be aired since there are only 3 fights above it, but regardles...I don't get it...

Might they be worried about a potential snoozefest? I love watching Dean Lister fight but Marquadt hasn't been the most exciting fighter to hit the UFC scene. This fight has decision written all over it.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

LEONARD
01-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Could be the case...many UFC fans aren't exactly fond of ground skills like Lister has...

It just sucks that the only top 10 guy on the card might not be seen...

IX_Equilibrium
01-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Din Thomas vs. Clay Guida will be a much better fight than Rashad Evans vs. Sean Salmon.

LEONARD
01-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Apparently Spike TV made the call to move Lister - Nate to the swing bout...

http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/01/14/insider-lister-vs-marquardt-decision-was-spike-tvs-not-ufcs/

That is LAME...

Let's not put 2 of the best fighters as the main event because it could be a technical battle and not a blood bath...

I hope Rashad's fight is a lay and pray snooze fest....

IX_Equilibrium
01-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I hope Rashad's fight is a lay and pray snooze fest....

All of his others have been.