PDA

View Full Version : PartyBall Chargers will roll Patriots

Fabbs
01-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Owners have ordered Shottenheimer to dump Martyball.
Result, since the at Baltimore debacle loss, he has let the O coordinator Cam Cameron do his thing with open flow offense.
10 straight wins.

Bellicheck and pretty Boy Brady are going down. :ihit

leemajors
01-12-2007, 10:24 AM
i'm pulling for the bolts this weekend - down with the patties!

johnsmith
01-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Fuck the Pat's, go Chargers.

KB24
01-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Go Bolts!!!

Extra Stout
01-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Unless Schottenheimer basically fires himself, he still will be in a position to make a decision which leads to San Diego's demise.

And his entire coaching career in the playoffs indicates he will make such a decision.

samikeyp
01-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I have mad respect for Brady and the Hoodie but......

http://www.logoserver.com/football/SanDiegoChargers10.GIF

TheSanityAnnex
01-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Unless Schottenheimer basically fires himself, he still will be in a position to make a decision which leads to San Diego's demise.

I doubt you watch many Charger games, so you may not have caught this, but....................Marty doesn't even wear a headset anymore. He's handed over the reigns when it comes to play calling defensively and offensively.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/LT.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
01-12-2007, 01:53 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/whoo.gif

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Marty ruined too many Chiefs seasons for me to trust any team he is affiliated with or even wathches on TV, my pick is the Pats but LT can pretty much do whatever he wants so itll be a good game.

TheSanityAnnex
01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
The Patriots playoff record does little for me. This team is nothing like they were in years past. They've lost too many key players, and Harrison and Seau will not be active.

The key to previous Patriots victories were they ability to take away a team's main weapon. Problem with the Chargers is that they have too many weapons. Take one away and you open up a different weapon for the offense to exploit you with.

People are also overlooking the Chargers defense. When healthy, this defense was ranked #1 in the league. With all starters playing (and that was only in six games total) the Chargers were only giving up 10 points a game. Well, the starters are all healthy now and its time to show the Nation what Charger football is all about.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2007, 04:24 PM
You could lock Marty in an airtight safe before the game and sink it to the bottom of the Pacific--if he's carrying the title of Head Coach, he will find a way to screw it up.

TheSanityAnnex
01-12-2007, 04:30 PM
You could lock Marty in an airtight safe before the game and sink it to the bottom of the Pacific--if he's carrying the title of Head Coach, he will find a way to screw it up.

I'm :lol @ how people think Marty is still coaching how he used to, and I will be :lol when he proves you all wrong. I'd like to thank Baltimore for showing him his faults.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Baltimore showed him his faults?

19 years of choking in the playoffs didn't do it, but one game against Baltimore did?

If things go smoothly for the Chargers from the getgo, then maybe they'll be okay. But the first sign of serious trouble, Marty will go back to his roots.

TheSanityAnnex
01-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Baltimore showed him his faults?

19 years of choking in the playoffs didn't do it, but one game against Baltimore did?Yeah. After that game, Martyball died, in case you didn't notice. You don't have the #1 scoring offense playing Martyball.

TheSanityAnnex
01-12-2007, 04:35 PM
But the first sign of serious trouble, Marty will go back to his roots.
You don't understand. Marty is no longer calling offensive plays, period. He can't go back to his old ways.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2007, 04:43 PM
You watch. Marty will strangle Cameron with the headset cord, then yank it away.

tlongII
01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Should be some good games. I've always felt that the Divisional round is where you see most exciting playoff football. GO SEAHAWKS!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Coaching and QB play are heavily slanted in the Patriots favor. I expect Belichick to throw every coverage/defense he knows at Rivers to confuse the hell out of him. Close game into the 4th Q and Brady makes more plays to put the Pats over the top, 21-17.

Extra Stout
01-12-2007, 09:28 PM
You don't understand. Marty is no longer calling offensive plays, period. He can't go back to his old ways.
Perhaps if Scothomer recuses himself from the game, and flies to the point on Earth furthest away from San Diego, with no ability to communicate, locked in an impenetrable bunker, with no means of knowing so much as the time of day, with a legion of lethal snipers ordered to unleash lethal force should he so much as stir, then the Chargers have a chance.

NBA Junkie
01-12-2007, 10:56 PM
What the narrow minded people fail to understand is that Philip Rivers had the shackles taken off of him after the Baltimore game and proved that he is a legitimate NFL quarterback. Yeah, he had some rough games in the lategoing, but still made the big completions when they counted as the wins over Oakland and Seattle would prove. Oh, and how many QB's have led teams back from seventeen point deficits on three different occasions like Rivers has? that would be none.

Believe me and Sanity when we say there is more to this team than just LT.

That said, it won't be an easy game since the Pats have proven to be a solid road team this season. But, this Charger team isn't the same outfit that was prone to blowing close games like they have in years past. I don't expect that to happen on Sunday either.

ducks
01-12-2007, 11:09 PM
chargers win sunday they win the superbowl

Tradition
01-13-2007, 02:42 AM
The Pats are in a shithole of a division and surprise played the fucking Jets in round 1! Chargers are not only going to beat the Pats but they are going to give them a royal assbeating. Pats are VERY overrated these days due to beating the Texans,Lions and those weak division teams as well. :rolleyes :rolleyes

PixelPusher
01-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Charger should win this one, but another factor to consider (besides Shottenheimer) is what kind of jedi mind-tricks Belichek is gonna pull on Phillip Rivers.

TheSanityAnnex
01-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Believe me and Sanity when we say there is more to this team than just LT.

:ihit

johngateswhiteley
01-13-2007, 06:25 AM
i like the Chargers in this, but there is no way they blow out the Pats. i bet on the Pats to cover....and i like the Chargers by 3.

Tradition
01-13-2007, 04:24 PM
i like the Chargers in this, but there is no way they blow out the Pats. i bet on the Pats to cover....and i like the Chargers by 3.

Broncos beat the shit out of them last year and the Pats may be tough but they are NOTHING compared to last year. 35-17 Chargers beat those overrated chodes!

NBA Junkie
01-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Broncos beat the shit out of them last year and the Pats may be tough but they are NOTHING compared to last year. 35-17 Chargers beat those overrated chodes!

You and I must have been watching two different games because the Pats beat themselves with silly mistakes more than the Broncos beating the crap out of them.

TheSanityAnnex
01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
The Patriots #1 receiver, Reche Crabhands Caldwell, couldn't even crack the Chargers starting lineup and was released.

And people keep thinking this is the Patriots team of old because?

Tradition
01-13-2007, 07:42 PM
You and I must have been watching two different games because the Pats beat themselves with silly mistakes more than the Broncos beating the crap out of them.

Nah Broncos own them and stop making excuses for them. The Pats sucked against the elites the past 2 years so get up and stop blowing em...:rolleyes

TheSanityAnnex
01-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I believe he's a Charger fan douchebag.

NBA Junkie
01-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Nah Broncos own them and stop making excuses for them. The Pats sucked against the elites the past 2 years so get up and stop blowing em...:rolleyes

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

I'm a Viking fan (yeah, I know :depressed ), but I did spend a few years in San Diego back in the late '70's and have been a fan of theirs since the Dan Fouts-Kellen Winslow days.

Tradition
01-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I believe he's a Charger fan douchebag.

:wtf :wtf No hes a Vikes fan.

Tradition
01-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm just calling a spade a spade.

I'm a Viking fan (yeah, I know :depressed ), but I did spend a few years in San Diego back in the late '70's and have been a fan of theirs since the Dan Fouts-Kellen Winslow days.

Speaking of do you have any faith in Taveras Jackson?

johngateswhiteley
01-13-2007, 07:55 PM

sorry bro, but that was the worst game i have ever seen the Pats play in the post season...and not surprisingly Brady's only loss. it was filled with a plethora of mistakes...

NBA Junkie
01-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Speaking of do you have any faith in Taveras Jackson?

:lmao About as much confidence as I have in Brad Childress-zero!

Tradition
01-13-2007, 07:59 PM
sorry bro, but that was the worst game i have ever seen the Pats play in the post season...and not surprisingly Brady's only loss. it was filled with a plethora of mistakes...

They werent that good how does that sound. They got their asses kicked in Foxburo a few times and couldnt beat the elites. That shitty division is the only reason why they made the fucking playoffs. Pats lost because they werent that good anymore and they still arent as good as they used to be.

Tradition
01-13-2007, 08:00 PM
:lmao About as much confidence as I have in Brad Childress-zero!

You guys might want to try to get a QB in the draft. Your d is actually pretty solid.

johngateswhiteley
01-13-2007, 08:04 PM
They werent that good how does that sound. They got their asses kicked in Foxburo a few times and couldnt beat the elites. That shitty division is the only reason why they made the fucking playoffs. Pats lost because they werent that good anymore and they still arent as good as they used to be.

hmm...........thats interesting. you don't anything about football, how does that sound?

Tradition
01-13-2007, 08:06 PM
hmm...........thats interesting. you don't anything about football, how does that sound?

:rolleyes :rolleyes Yeah they lost to the Chargers 42-17 at foxburo,lost to the Colts the last 2 meetings at Foxburo, are in a shitty division, played a cupcake schedule this year and yet I dont know anything about football? I know your a pats fan and all but stop the homerism.

NBA Junkie
01-13-2007, 08:08 PM
You guys might want to try to get a QB in the draft. Your d is actually pretty solid.

We need a lot of things. Like wide receivers that can hang on to the football, an athletic tight end that can thrive in a west coast offense, shoring up the right side of the offensive line. Lots of hole to fill on offense, which is funny because it used to be the teams strength for years.

The defense was actually overrated because they couldn't stop the pass. Our D-Line had a terrible time getting to the QB and that hurt. The linebackers are good at stopping the run, but they aren't good at dropping back into coverage. West coast QB's like Pennington and Brady gave the Vikings D fits all season.

We do need a QB, but it's just a lot of things that made this a long season. I wouldn't be shocked if the Vikings make a run for Jeff Garcia as Jackson isn't ready for the NFL yet.

TheSanityAnnex
01-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Fuck the Pats. I can't wait to see Brady eaten alive by Shawne and Shaun.

johngateswhiteley
01-13-2007, 08:09 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes Yeah they lost to the Chargers 42-17 at foxburo,lost to the Colts the last 2 meetings at Foxburo, are in a shitty division, played a cupcake schedule this year and yet I dont know anything about football? I know your a pats fan and all but stop the homerism.

a pats fan = :lol

i'm a Saints fan bro. as for the Pats, i respect them, and thats it. i am referring to the playoffs...the only thing that matters. and for the record, i already predicted a 3-4 point win for the Chargers tomorrow.

BUMP
01-13-2007, 08:46 PM
We need a lot of things. Like wide receivers that can hang on to the football, an athletic tight end that can thrive in a west coast offense, shoring up the right side of the offensive line. Lots of hole to fill on offense, which is funny because it used to be the teams strength for years.

The defense was actually overrated because they couldn't stop the pass. Our D-Line had a terrible time getting to the QB and that hurt. The linebackers are good at stopping the run, but they aren't good at dropping back into coverage. West coast QB's like Pennington and Brady gave the Vikings D fits all season.

We do need a QB, but it's just a lot of things that made this a long season. I wouldn't be shocked if the Vikings make a run for Jeff Garcia as Jackson isn't ready for the NFL yet.

good to see that there are still loyal fans here

dg7md
01-13-2007, 11:04 PM
All aboard the Chargers bandwagon.

NBA Junkie
01-14-2007, 01:29 AM
good to see that there are still loyal fans here

I'll always stay loyal to my teams, regardless of the abuse I'll take on this or any other forum from time to time.

leemajors
01-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Fuck the Pats. I can't wait to see Brady eaten alive by Shawne and Shaun.

if the chargers can get consistent pressure on brady they should win easily.

J.T.
01-14-2007, 02:31 AM
This game could honestly go either way. I know the Chargers won in Foxboro last season, but that was when the Pats had a lot of starters on the injured list. Both teams had decent schedules this year and I think both are legit contenders. I'm predicting a Pats win like I did before the playoffs started. It'll probably be a close game but I'm keeping the possibility for the Chargers to dominate offensively open. As a Colts fan I know very well not to underestimate Belichick. Granted he doesn't have the same team he won three rings with but he is still a damn good coach and should not be taken lightly.

tlongII
01-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm :lol @ how people think Marty is still coaching how he used to, and I will be :lol when he proves you all wrong. I'd like to thank Baltimore for showing him his faults.

:lmao

dirk4mvp
01-14-2007, 08:30 PM

:lmao !!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
Who knew Fabbs' lack of knowledge transferred to the NFL, too?

Melmart1
I guess Baltimore didn't teach him enough about how crucial time outs can be ...

Close game into the 4th Q and Brady makes more plays to put the Pats over the top, 21-17.

Almost had it...

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I thought they should have run a play with 8 seconds left. A 54 yard FG is tough as hell. I also thought they shouldn't have challenged the int/fumble. It was obvious and you need your TOs at that point.

01-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Umm, he's 5-13 in the playoffs, did you expect Marty to change his ways?

And Sanity, he did have the headset on late in the game.

:rollin at Marty being a changed man....

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't get how its all his fault? At some point you don't expect things like the int/fumble to happen, or for your defense to give up that many points. The man can only do so much. To lay the blame of this loss at Marty's feet is foolish.

tlongII
01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
I feel bad for LT. The dude is a stud. I think the Chargers threw the ball too much in the 2nd half. The Pats couldn't stop LT.

ShoogarBear
01-14-2007, 08:45 PM
It isn't all his fault. None of his losses were all his fault. But there's a history of bad decisions at crucial times.

Making the challenge was his call. Granted, they wasted two other timeouts. And they should have thrown one more sideline pass.

Mostly, though, it's just a chance to bust balls.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Mostly, though, it's just a chance to bust balls.

Winner, winner...chicken dinner.

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Umm, he's 5-13 in the playoffs, did you expect Marty to change his ways?

And Sanity, he did have the headset on late in the game.

:rollin at Marty being a changed man....

Did your dumbass see any "martyball" today?

:lol at you thinking Marty lost the game. Have fun Lions fan.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 08:48 PM
It isn't all his fault. None of his losses were all his fault. But there's a history of bad decisions at crucial times.

Making the challenge was his call. Granted, they wasted two other timeouts. And they should have thrown one more sideline pass.

Mostly, though, it's just a chance to bust balls.Yeha, those were the 2 things that stood out for me. I think with 8 seconds you have plenty of time to throw a sidelines pass for a few extra yards, and you need those yards badly.

And the challenge was horrible. But it also depends on what he was being told for his booth above. Most coaches don't make that call on their own.

ShoogarBear
01-14-2007, 08:51 PM
I actually like Marty a lot. He coached my two favorite teams (Skins and Chiefs) and got a completely raw deal from Dan Synder. He did by far the best coaching job for the Skins in the last decade, and they would have been in the playoffs every year if he had stayed.

BUT . . . the man's teams screw up in the post season something awful.

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I think with 8 seconds you have plenty of time to throw a sidelines pass for a few extra yards, and you need those yards badly.

Five yard out to the sideline was all they needed. I will question this till the start of next season.

01-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Did your dumbass see any "martyball" today?

:lol at you thinking Marty lost the game. Have fun Lions fan.

I never said he lost the game all by himself. He never has.

But, like Shoog said, he somehow finds a way to make critical coaching mistakes at crucial points in the game.

He's the Peyton Manning of coaches....

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2007, 08:57 PM
I never said he lost the game all by himself. He never has.

But, like Shoog said, he somehow finds a way to make critical coaching mistakes at crucial points in the game.

He's the Peyton Manning of coaches....
So............he could have saved his timeout and let Kaeding think about his 54 yarder?

NorCal510
01-14-2007, 09:01 PM
i lost $2 from both the ravens and chargers losing...

im not paying that doode, f that

ShoogarBear
LMAO, with an extra time out, they could have run at least two more plays.

Calm down, dude, your disappointment is clouding your reasoning.

lefty
PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS baby!!!

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Calm down, dude, your disappointment is clouding your reasoning.That would be the mass amounts of alcohol clouding any reasoning.

ShoogarBear
01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, well all Bolts fans deserve to get snockered tonight.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
It could be worse, TSA. Your favorite team's season could have ended like this.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/pics/0106cowboysbig.jpg

tlongII
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
I actually wanted the Chargers to win as I like LT. Marty just can't stop himself from screwing up though.

Sad day for me as my Seahawks were eliminated in a nailbiter as well.

01-14-2007, 09:07 PM
It could be worse, TSA. Your favorite team's season could have ended like this.

Or like this:

http://www.wisopinion.com/blogs/uploaded_images/bilde-730092.jpg

ShoogarBear
01-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Or, like this:

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/snyder0107.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Or like this:

http://www.wisopinion.com/blogs/uploaded_images/bilde-730092.jpg

Your all-time football team.

Owner, Daniel Snyder
President and GM, Matt Millen.
PK Holder, Tony Romo
QB, Neil O'Donnell
RB, Ernest Byner
DT, Leon Lett
PK, Nate Kaeding
HC, Marty Schottenheimer

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2007, 09:10 PM
I actually wanted the Chargers to win as I like LT. Marty just can't stop himself from screwing up though.

How did Marty screw this one up?

01-14-2007, 09:15 PM
No Jackie Smith, Blaze?

Budkin
01-14-2007, 09:16 PM

He was coaching in a big playoff game. :lmao

tlongII
01-14-2007, 09:17 PM

The challenge that he called. That was stupid. If they had kept the timeout they may have won. LT had 23 carries for the game and only 10 in the 2nd half. He should have had at least 30 carries.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2007, 09:27 PM
The challenge that he called. That was stupid. If they had kept the timeout they may have won. LT had 23 carries for the game and only 10 in the 2nd half. He should have had at least 30 carries.You don't think he may have been told to challenge from his coaches upstairs? Head coaches rarely make that call based on what they see down on the field.

Extra Stout
01-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Perhaps if Scothomer recuses himself from the game, and flies to the point on Earth furthest away from San Diego, with no ability to communicate, locked in an impenetrable bunker, with no means of knowing so much as the time of day, with a legion of lethal snipers ordered to unleash lethal force should he so much as stir, then the Chargers have a chance.
The Chargers did not do what I said, so the outcome was already determined.

If they have any sense, and wish to have this immense group of talent come anywhere close to fulfilling their potential as a team before free agency breaks them up, they have to fire Suckenchoker tomorrow morning.

samikeyp
01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Partyball will not be in SD next year.

Extra Stout
01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
So............he could have saved his timeout and let Kaeding think about his 54 yarder?
With that timeout, they could have run an extra play or two, and kicked a closer, more makeable field goal.

But these are the things that make him Shotownfooter.

samikeyp
01-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Shotownfooter.

ducks
01-14-2007, 10:42 PM
chargers gained alot of experience
rivers did not have a bad game but not great
his reveceivers let him done
parker wtf was he smoking
he sucked big time

rivers did lead his team done the field to try a field goal to tie the game

Greg Oden
01-14-2007, 11:24 PM

Fabbs
01-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Saved the time spent running up and spiking the ball.
Timeout(s) are instantaneous.
Would have been golden for that final drive.

Even as it stood with the spent time outs, Manny is right.
With 8 seconds left, run a sidelines pattern. Gain a critical 7-8 yards. Even 5 yards. Nobody open? Chuck it. Leaves same exact 54 yard attempt.

For goodness sake at least try.
One of 6-7 unreal blown ops by the Chargers.

tlongII
01-14-2007, 11:51 PM
You don't think he may have been told to challenge from his coaches upstairs? Head coaches rarely make that call based on what they see down on the field.

I assume they have one of those big video screens in San Diego's ballpark. I would think he would look at it as it was obvious.

Fabbs
01-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Partyball will not be in SD next year.
Well if Suckenheimer (Thanks Extra Stoud, some are also using an F in there)
is telling the truth that offensive play calling was turned over in total to Cam Cameron, then indeed Partyball may be back.

In the form of Cameron becoming head coach.